Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2332468 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (3519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tayoccu(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
sod09:
can we win d league Btw I dnt criticize d whole team I pick my scape goat
but that's where you're wrong, its a team sport.
and FYI we can win the league, note I said can not will. it's too early to say any team will win it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
tayoccu:

but that's where you're wrong, its a team sport.

and FYI we can win the league,
note I said can not will.
it's too early to say any team will win it.
ok.....let's wait till may den
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
Pataki:

This is why I am sometimes sharp-mouthed against those guys. The likes of Roland17 has enjoined me to let it be. And to be honest, I am not so motivated to keep posting on this thread because when I read from the likes of those who keep bashing Wenger and the Arsenal players on this thread, I wonder if we are both the same Arsenal fans.

It is one thing to bash Wenger. I have done it several times. That comes with the terrain of the game and as a passionate fan who wants constant good delivery. What I will never understand and strongly have a distaste for is when these sad people come on here and start wishing the players in their team have injuries or start rejoicing when Arsenal loses.

You needed to have seen how that pickabrain dude was laughing and throwing funny emoticons here when Arsenal lost against Westham.

You either stand behind your team and support the team or you get lost!

I respect your new resolve to accommodate WOBs or whatever they are tagged, it takes a lot to overlook a lot of their posts, they are also fans of our esteemed club, they only share a different school of thought, differences in ideology are common in every team irrespective of how ridiculous their perspective might seem, they are prevalent even amongst the most successful teams, I wish they would appreciate the positives and strides when they are clearly visible I can not also overlook some of their criticisms and objectively try to argue against some of them with facts without necessarily making them feel less passionate about the crest.

I have a gut feeling this team would gain some consistency better than previous seasons, I just hope it's enough to push for the premier league or a better run in Europe.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
Finally some sanity is being restored to this thread...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
Roland17:

I respect your new resolve to accommodate WOBs or whatever they are tagged, it takes a lot to overlook a lot of their posts, they are also fans of our esteemed club, they only share a different school of thought, differences in ideology are common in every team irrespective of how ridiculous their perspective might seem, they are prevalent even amongst the most successful teams, I wish they would appreciate the positives and strides when they are clearly visible I can not also overlook some of their criticisms and objectively try to argue against some of them with facts without necessarily making them feel less passionate about the crest.

I have a gut feeling this team would gain some consistency better than previous seasons, I just hope it's enough to push for the premier league or a better run in Europe.

Every team needs the critics. If these guys were critics with intellect, I can understand. But when a so-called fan pops in here and starts wishing the players in his own team develops injury all within the aim of insulting Wenger and making fun of the team you claim to support, that is a no-no for me. I read several Arsenal blogs out there, and I have come across several ridiculous comments, but nevertheless, I genuinely see the passion for the game and the team still riddled with some of the ridiculous comments. That is allowed and tolerated. We all cannot reason the same as fans I accept. But let your reasoning at least be one that demonstrates that you are passionate about the team you support.

For example when I asked pickabeau why he does not consider Walcott to be called a striker, he refers me weblinks he googled out. When I probed him further, he tells me to google ''Walcott and football brain.'' If trolls like ramudeen, tanzania, et al come here and disparage Arsenal players, I can understand their mindset. But a fan of a club doing likewise without any recourse to intelligent argument(s) to back it up? Even debosky had to scold him off.

My point is, get behind your team and support it no matter what. Chelsea is going through a rough time at the moment. You don't see Chelsea fans (as classless as those ones are) coming on their thread and making fun of their club and players repeatedly. That is the job of trolls to do.

Anyways, I hear say manure dey host party this evening. Please turn-up! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
grin

Scold fire

So pataki..you actually believe Walcott is a striker

Ok..i doff my hat to you lot..the AKBs

Arsene Knows Best

In other news...jack out for 3 months...

That overuse of 4 years ago is haunting thus guy

Wenger well done
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2015
^^^ Since you know best, care telling us which team you have managed and which football tumbler you have won thus far?

Actually Walcott is a rugby player for England and Arsenal. Happy now?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
U guys dnt get it....wat is left to support wen u can predict wat awaits us even b4 its happens.....
Y do we fall every Feb
Y are our players always having long term injury
Y do we always fail to reach quarters in d last 5 years in ucl....
Can anyone bet his live d listed are not happening nd its won't happen dis season
Ok...we fall every febuary because dats wen d fixtures are much nd players get fatigue or injured.... Because there are no back up players in each position we begin to lose nd draw matches...
Injury, injury.injury same old story...fabregas, nasri. Rvp, et al these are all ex arsenal players, they can't go half season without been in d medics..look at dem now..
We can't go far Dan round of 16 in ucl...
Wenger bought özil he got d f.a nd shield
He got Sanchez same trophies
Wats is stopping him to dig deep nd spend....
U dnt spend u can't win big no miracle
Dats excluding Liverpool nd sputs cos dose two just day spend.....
Last bullet, I can bet wit anyone here chelshit will still finish ahead us come may.... Anyone
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
Pataki:

Was it a lack of preseason that made the same Sanchez to be nominated as PFA player of the season? Did Pedro have a preseason with Chelsea before he got cracking with a goal and an assist? The likes of Depay, who had a full preseason training with manure, how effective has he been for manure so far in the EPL? Football is a game filled with illogical deductions.
Preseason is good. But it should not be used as an excuse. I like Sanchez and he has greatly improved my team. He is a hardworker. He will get better as he is well determined and he consistently tries to impose himself in every game.
So what is the point?

I can excuse his misses in the last game, you cannot, fine. I cannot excuse Giroud's misses and you can, that's fine. Alexis has proved himself IMO, Giroud hasn't. You don't agree, that's fine.

Back to Arsenal.
As always, I've kept tabs on our young 'uns on loan. Crowley and Wellington did well last week. That Crowley guy has really lived up to expectation. I can't wait to see him in the Championship or even premiership next season. The guy is a combination of Ozil and Rosicky.
Wellington is showing Bolton fans what Arsene Wenger promised them when he sent him on loan. He's in a world of his own. I don't think he'll be at Bolton for long. A premiership side will surely take him on loan come January.
I must confess that I didn't rate Zelalem hat much. Yes he's got good vision and all but the games I watched him play in the youth team, he seemed very uninterested, more like a poor Ozil. However, he's taken the Scottish first division (or whatever they call their 2nd tier) by storm. In fact Rangers fans can't seem to get enough of him and are hoping Arsenal will let him stay there next season.
Toral is another player doing well at Birmingham. Add to that Hayden and Maitland-Niles, seems we have a lot of midfielders coming up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
If you're interested: Arsenal players on loan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z6nIDccv40
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
proudlysports:

So what is the point?

I can excuse his misses in the last game, you cannot, fine. I cannot excuse Giroud's misses and you can, that's fine. Alexis has proved himself IMO, Giroud hasn't. You don't agree, that's fine.

I can excuse his misses. And actually I do excuse his misses. I agree with your point. I just did not buy the idea that preseason is a valid excuse. That was my point. Sanchez needs rest actually. This is the same player that Wenger was stating that he is in the ''red'' if you remember last season. This was due to the excessive amount of games he had to play for Arsenal.

This same Alexis immediately after went for Copa America. While I was silently praying that his national team loses quickly, so he can get the needed rest, his national went all the way into the final. After the final rather than resting, this same Alexis was pictured training on the beach. Came back into the Arsenal squad and was ejected into the game with Westham during the second half. So yeah he surely needs the rest somehow.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by codedguy1(m): 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
Wilshere literally now needs a wheelchair till January.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
Pataki:
^^^ Since you know best, care telling us which team you have managed and which football tumbler you have won thus far?

FM 15! grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
@Pataki, Alexis needs rest but not yet.

@All, Before the season started I predicted Chelsea would win the league and Arsenal to finish second; after the second game, I changed my prediction to Man City winning, Chelsea second and Arsenal third. Sorry I have to change it the third time, I won't declare it yet for 'security' reasons, cheesy but Chelsea won't finish above Arsenal, no not this season.

As you can see...
#That's football.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2015
sod09:
U guys dnt get it....wat is left to support wen u can predict wat awaits us even b4 its happens.....
Y do we fall every Feb
Y are our players always having long term injury
Y do we always fail to reach quarters in d last 5 years in ucl....
Can anyone bet his live d listed are not happening nd its won't happen dis season
Ok...we fall every febuary because dats wen d fixtures are much nd players get fatigue or injured.... Because there are no back up players in each position we begin to lose nd draw matches...
Injury, injury.injury same old story...fabregas, nasri. Rvp, et al these are all ex arsenal players, they can't go half season without been in d medics..look at dem now..
We can't go far Dan round of 16 in ucl...
Wenger bought özil he got d f.a nd shield
He got Sanchez same trophies
Wats is stopping him to dig deep nd spend....
U dnt spend u can't win big no miracle
Dats excluding Liverpool nd sputs cos dose two just day spend.....
Last bullet, I can bet wit anyone here chelshit will still finish ahead us come may.... Anyone

How do one reason with this logic...?!

To all those talking about split human nature... If this jargon was coming from a chelshit or a spuds fan... I can understand... Dortmund, A.madrid, Montpellier how much did they spend to win the league when they did...? Or Valencia...? Against all odds...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 5:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
^^^LOL! I read it and I immediately got an headache from it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
iPopAlomo:

How do one reason with this logic...?!

To all those talking about split human nature... If this jargon was coming from a chelshit or a spuds fan... I can understand... Dortmund, A.madrid, Montpellier how much did they spend to win the league when they did...? Or Valencia...? Against all odds...
ok
So we are winning d league or ucl this season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2015
sod09:
ok
So we are winning d league or ucl this season

One or Both... Yeah... Are we finishing above Chelshit and spuds... How much are you willing to throw away...?!

Modified:
its not by force to be an arsenal fan guy...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
iPopAlomo:

One or Both... Yeah... Are we finishing above Chelshit and spuds... How much are you willing to throw away...?!

Modified:
its not by force to be an arsenal fan guy...
hol up dude....I'm betting are we going to win d epl or ucl
Den im betting chelshit will finish ahead of us...
Which one are u betting
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 7:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Pataki:

I can excuse his misses. And actually I do excuse his misses. I agree with your point. I just did not buy the idea that preseason is a valid excuse. That was my point. Sanchez needs rest actually. This is the same player that Wenger was stating that he is in the ''red'' if you remember last season. This was due to the excessive amount of games he had to play for Arsenal.

This same Alexis immediately after went for Copa America. While I was silently praying that his national team loses quickly, so he can get the needed rest, his national went all the way into the final. After the final rather than resting, this same Alexis was pictured training on the beach. Came back into the Arsenal squad and was ejected into the game with Westham during the second half. So yeah he surely needs the rest somehow.

Nobody knows what the reason is. It could be down to luck or just that he's not yet fully match fit (due to his lack of a pre-season). Preseason doesn't turn you from Sanogo to Messi but it gives you games to regain match fitness after a break and also to perfect strategies with your team mates and manager. It could be any reason. I only ADDED pre-season in my earlier comment in addition to what others were saying.

Anyway to more serious matter. honest question: Should we bench Alexis tomorrow in preparation for Saturday's game against Chelsea or risk playing him tomorrow?
I really don't get how we get to go to Zagreb and still play 12:45 on Saturday whilst Chelsea play at home on Wednesday. Not fair at all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 9:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
Over to the two London clubs tomorrow
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ElFenomeno1: 8:14am On Sep 16, 2015
Must win tonight.... Any party on this thread tonight will be a celebration of 3 points!
Any other party on this thread tonight will be a celebration of a big loss to Chelsea!!!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ElFenomeno1: 8:17am On Sep 16, 2015
proudlysports:

Nobody knows what the reason is. It could be down to luck or just that he's not yet fully match fit (due to his lack of a pre-season). Preseason doesn't turn you from Sanogo to Messi but it gives you games to regain match fitness after a break and also to perfect strategies with your team mates and manager. It could be any reason. I only ADDED pre-season in my earlier comment in addition to what others were saying.

Anyway to more serious matter. honest question: Should we bench Alexis tomorrow in preparation for Saturday's game against Chelsea or risk playing him tomorrow?
I really don't get how we get to go to Zagreb and still play 12:45 on Saturday whilst Chelsea play at home on Wednesday. Not fair at all.

It makes perfect sense to bench him...If possible i'd get Cazorla to watch from the bench as well!
Ozil to play safe, withdraw him after 60 minutes if we are coasting!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2015
Rumour has it that a lil earth quake happen beside d dinamo zagreb stadium yesterday...
Also heard baba left Ramsey nd berellin at home....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 9:03am On Sep 16, 2015
My team selection:

Cech
Debuchy-Gabs-Koscienly-Gibbs
Arteta-Santi
Ox-Ozil/Jeff-Sanchez
Giroud
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:15am On Sep 16, 2015
I look at the results of other teams and what comes to my mind is how bad the meltdown would be if it was Arsenal that suffered those results.

yet Arsenal fans always believe they have it the worst. sometimes one just needs to enjoy the games as they come and take each result as is without this Grass is greener on the other side syndrome

Chelsea, United bought players like we would want, yet they have a worse start than we do.

Its debatable now if they are even in the title race at all, and isn't that the reason for making those player purchases? i'm sure they didn't buy those players so they could finish 3rd or 4th but if care is not taken, that's what is going to happen.

Anyway, isn't it funny how LvG and Moyes have identical records......... and Moyes didn't even have the luxury of 200 million Pounds.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 9:36am On Sep 16, 2015
Interesting, let's get the facts right here:
i. This is a forum, every member is allowed to air their views , no matter what, priovided those views do not go beyond what Mr. Seun stipulates;

ii. Picachoo, Sad9 and whomever are fans too, but doesn't mean they have to like the direction things are going. If Saraki, Tambuwal and Amechi didn't air their views, Nigeria.... . In the same spirit, I believe all those with dissenting views want the best Arsenal F C; and

iii. I believe we have to open up our minds to others' views instead of adopting this Robert Mugabe complex. There was a time I used to see posts from people like dayokanu, sauron etc back then as just banter. But over the years those comments have come seem like very valid observations.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 9:52am On Sep 16, 2015
4llerbuntu:
I look at the results of other teams and what comes to my mind is how bad the meltdown would be if it was Arsenal that suffered those results.
yet Arsenal fans always believe they have it the worst. sometimes one just needs to enjoy the games as they come and take each result as is without this Grass is greener on the other side syndrome
Chelsea, United bought players like we would want, yet they have a worse start than we do.
Its debatable now if they are even in the title race at all, and isn't that the reason for making those player purchases? i'm sure they didn't buy those players so they could finish 3rd or 4th but if care is not taken, that's what is going to happen.
Isn't United ahead of us on the league table?

edoyad:
Interesting, let's get the facts right here:
i. This is a forum, every member is allowed to air their views , no matter what, priovided those views do not go beyond what Mr. Seun stipulates;
ii. Picachoo, Sad9 and whomever are fans too, but doesn't mean they have to like the direction things are going. If Saraki, Tambuwal and Amechi didn't air their views, Nigeria.... . In the same spirit, I believe all those with dissenting views want the best Arsenal F C; and

Exactly what I've been trying to say.

@sod, yeah there was a mild earthquake in Zagreb last night but I hope everything goes right tonight.

Pataki:
My team selection:
Cech
Debuchy-Gabs-Koscienly-Gibbs
Arteta-Santi
Ox-Ozil/Jeff-Sanchez
Giroud

Jeff is injured. Got injured last Friday just after his promotion to the first team. Honestly if Arsenal was a Nigerian team, people go say some people dey use jazz in the team.
If Arteta starts, we may suffer defensively. Coquelin covers a lot of Santi's defensive flaws. That said, I suspect AW will go with you team list bar Jeff of course
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 10:12am On Sep 16, 2015
proudlysports:

Jeff is injured. Got injured last Friday just after his promotion to the first team. Honestly if Arsenal was a Nigerian team, people go say some people dey use jazz in the team.
If Arteta starts, we may suffer defensively. Coquelin covers a lot of Santi's defensive flaws. That said, I suspect AW will go with you team list bar Jeff of course

Oh what a bummer! I still remember his dazzling performance against Wolfsburg and that delightful assist he gave to Walcott. How long is his injury for? I can't seem to get any news online about his injury though.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:44am On Sep 16, 2015
^^^
I have inside sources cheesy cheesy

Honestly though, I don't know how serious it is as there's been no official confirmation from the club. I only saw him get carried off the field in the U21 game against Fulham last Friday. He limped off with the help of he medical team so may be minor and he may just be available this weekend.

The guy is very good and if he continues to develop, I won't be surprised if he plays a few games for the first team this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:57am On Sep 16, 2015
Arsenal U21's also play in Zagreb today

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Specialist900(m): 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
Common boys. Make us proud today

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (3519) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.