Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,426 members, 7,958,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:43 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (710) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2455334 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

We all know United has been woeful, need I talk abt Chelsea? Leicester city is very much within range all we need do is win today and beat Leicester in our next fixture which I'm sure we can do and we will.

Is Ranieri better than Wenger?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Is Ranieri better than Wenger?
NO
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
4llerbuntu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDBS6wnfY5c
OMG!!! So funny, indeed Arsenal is everything that mediocre represents
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:41pm On Feb 07, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
NO
Nice. That means that logic is flawed.
And we can say Wenger is not better than Mourinho or VanGaal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Funpeter: 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
Good one over to next game.......just be focus we are still in it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
LogoDWhiz:
Spy360, can you now say Ranieri is better than Wenger?

From your own theory!
Ranieri has shown that he can be world class even at the twilight of his career.

Nevertheless he has enjoyed certain fortunes this season; little or no injuries, very few games etc.

I could easily say from what he has been able to achieve so far this season that he is better, but he needs to prove me right.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
Spy360:

Ranieri has shown that he can be world class even at the twilight of his career.

Nevertheless he has enjoyed certain fortunes this season; little or no injuries, very few games etc.

I could easily say from what he has been able to achieve so far this season that he is better, but he needs to prove me right.

Lol! grin

You're changing mouth gradually!

The bolded is all I need!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Lol! grin

You're changing mouth gradually!

The bolded is all I need!
This is not Ranieri's first job, he had been at Chelsea and Juventus and won nothing.

This Leicester momentum didn't actually start with him, it started last season under a different manager. This team was built by someone else.

Lets assume he improved them, he has to show it on a consistent basis. That is why I said he has to prove me right.

Wenger has proven himself on a consistent basis.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
Assume he improved them? Leicester were fighting relegation last season and are now top of the table! He vastly improved them.

Guys,
Leicester have lost only 2 games this season and have played ALL their 'tough' games except at home to Arsenal. That's stuff champions are made of. If they don't win it, they messed up. Whichever way it goes, they have achieved a lot!

Arenal have lost 6 and are yet to play at least 3 tough games
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
12 points behind leicester but still watch them worry about us not winning the league.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 7:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
Point

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2016
proudlysports:
Assume he improved them? Leicester were fighting relegation last season and are now top of the table! He vastly improved them.

Guys,
Leicester have lost only 2 games this season and have played ALL their 'tough' games except at home to Arsenal. That's stuff champions are made of. If they don't win it, they messed up. Whichever way it goes, they have achieved a lot!

Arenal have lost 6 and are yet to play at least 3 tough games

I laugh when I see guys underestimating Leicester City at this time of the season. These guys have defeated PL heavyweights we expected them to lose against. They currently top the league by 5 points and bar Arsenal next game week have fairly easy run of fixtures ahead till the last 2-3 games of the season. What's more? they grind out results in their difficult games. That's what league champions are made of. If they falter at the end at least they've had a good run and will most likely make CL.

Why is nobody talking about Spurs?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
Keky:
12 points behind leicester but still watch them worry about us not winning the league.

Arsenal is the most hated top side in the PL. Other teams might be performing badly but their fans take consolation once they see Arsenal lose games or not win anything.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
Spy360:

This is not Ranieri's first job, he had been at Chelsea and Juventus and won nothing.

This Leicester momentum didn't actually start with him, it started last season under a different manager. This team was built by someone else.

Lets assume he improved them, he has to show it on a consistent basis. That is why I said he has to prove me right.

Lol!

I get your angle though. Consistency.

But then, when you were arguing with me the other time, you didn't take into cognizance the fact that consistency is key. You were all about the present form and the position they are on the table!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
Na so o bro

See a star studded (money spender) man city losing badly at home to Leicester, No one is talking about them, they are rather praising, Leicester...

Had it been it was Arsenal, the whole football world would have over talk.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
The former pundit grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
Spy360:

WHen you were telling us Wenger was better than Mourinho, did you take into consideration previous seasons that you are using to discredit Ranieiri?

Before this season How many times has Wenger ever done better than Mourinho. You used this season to say Wenger is better but now dancing azonto to use the same reasoning to boldly tell us Pocchetino and Ranieiri are better than wenger

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:05am On Feb 08, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Lol!

I get your angle though. Consistency.

But then, when you were arguing with me the other time, you didn't take into cognizance the fact that consistency is key. You were all about the present form and the position they are on the table!
My point is that those we call 'big coaches' because they win titles in most cases succeed because of the MATERIALS available to them.

Take for example Luis Enrique, he just won best manager after leading Barca to six titles or so last season. But many forget that his first coaching job was at Roma and he almost got them relegated before he was sacked. His second job was at Celta Vigo, the same thing happened. Suddenly he joins Barca and he has become best manager.

Where is Frank Rijkaard today?

If tomorrow Gary Neuville joins Madrid and wins Copa they tell us he is top manager.

For me a true test of a manager's acumen is how effective he manages within his limited resources. You use Messi, Neymar and Suarez to win a league and think you are a classical manager. Nonsense.

Give me Barca, all I need to do is give the boys ice cream, and they will win me six trophies.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BarcaBlood: 6:32am On Feb 08, 2016
Spy360:

My point is that those we call 'big coaches' because they win titles in most cases succeed because of the MATERIALS available to them.

Take for example Luis Enrique, he just won best manager after leading Barca to six titles or so last season. But many forget that his first coaching job was at Roma and he almost got them relegated before he was sacked. His second job was at Celta Vigo, the same thing happened. Suddenly he joins Barca and he has become best manager.

If tomorrow Gary Neuville joins Madrid and wins Copa they tell us he is top manager.

For me a true test of a manager's acumen is how effective he manages within his limited resources. You use Messi, Neymar and Suarez to win a league and think you are a classical manager. Nonsense.

Give me Barca, all I need to do is give the boys ice cream, and they will win me six trophies.

Luis Enrique is d best manager, and that's not only because he's coaching barca that has MSN. His tactics has given barca a direct approach 2 games and removed that predictable style barca is known 4.
Managing superstars is even harder; that's 1 thing pple don't get. D league he won went down 2 d last 2 games so its not a walk in d park like ure making it seem. Or can u give ronaldo, benzema, bale and all d array of stars @ madrid ice cream and win dem their 2nd league title in 8 years?

A manager can only manage what's given 2 him, so its unfair using his bad experience @ roma 2 judge him, its like judging mourinho with dis season where he almost got relegated

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:34am On Feb 08, 2016
raumdeuter:

WHen you were telling us Wenger was better than Mourinho, did you take into consideration previous seasons that you are using to discredit Ranieiri?

Before this season How many times has Wenger ever done better than Mourinho. You used this season to say Wenger is better but now dancing azonto to use the same reasoning to boldly tell us Pocchetino and Ranieiri are better than wenger
I respect the following coaches...

Wenger, Pocchentino, Ranieri, Flores, Howe, Martinez, even Garde , others are Allegri, Conte, Tuchel, Simeone, Sarri etc

I do not respect Mourinho, Enrique, Mancini, Guardiola, etc. My lack of respect is because they are not judged on the same scale as others. They are hyped.

Take for example Mourinho, just one challenge he faced at Chelsea, the team comes crashing.

I think LvG is underated recently, mainly due to his pride. He comes accross as too arrogant. Besides which I respect him as a good manager.

My sentiment with Wenger apart, he is good because he plays good football and maintains his club at a top level position consistently even with average players. Give him kids, he will still give you good soccer and finish in the top 4. That is without doubt.

Pocchentino has consistently been remarkable bringing up young players. His work with Southampton and now with Tottenham earns him my respect.

Ranieri, may be he has stopped tinkering. He needs to show consistency too.

Guardiola they say is the best tactically but can he do it without breaking bank? I will respect him after I see him when he joins Man City next season. But he should manage what he has got, not that he will rush to sign Neymar and Pogba. If given the same squad Pelligrini has got, I doubt if he will do better. On that basis I think he may be overrated.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 08, 2016
Spy360:

Wenger, Pocchentino, Ranieri, Flores, Howe, Martinez, even Garde , others are Allegri, Conte, Tuchel, Simeone, Sarri etc

I do not respect Mourinho, Enrique, Mancini, Guardiola, etc. My lack of respect is because they are not judged on the same scale as others. They are hyped.

Take for example Mourinho, just one challenge he faced at Chelsea, the team comes crashing.

I think LvG is underated recently, mainly due to his pride. He comes accross as too arrogant. Besides which I respect him as a good manager.

My sentiment with Wenger apart, he is good because he plays good football and maintains his club at a top level position consistently even with average players. Give him kids, he will still give you good soccer and finish in the top 4. That is without doubt.

Pocchentino has consistently been remarkable bringing up young players. His work with Southampton and now with Tottenham earns him my respect.

Ranieri, may be he has stopped tinkering. He needs to show consistency too.

Guardiola they say is the best tactically but can he do it without breaking bank? I will respect him after I see him when he joins Man City next season. But he should manage what he has got, not that he will rush to sign Neymar and Pogba. If given the same squad Pelligrini has got, I doubt if he will do better. On that basis I think he may be overrated.
pep will pull a Mourinho, u heard it first.
Man city were unfair to Pellegrini watch them drop more points after that announcement.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:44am On Feb 08, 2016
BarcaBlood:

Luis Enrique is d best manager, and that's not only because he's coaching barca that has MSN. His tactics has given barca a direct approach 2 games and removed that predictable style barca is known 4.
Managing superstars is even harder; that's 1 thing pple don't get. D league he won went down 2 d last 2 games so its not a walk in d park like ure making it seem. Or can u give ronaldo, benzema, bale and all d array of stars @ madrid ice cream and win dem their 2nd league title in 8 years?

A manager can only manage what's given 2 him, so its unfair using his bad experience @ roma 2 judge him, its like judging mourinho with dis season where he almost got relegated
Diego Simeone didn't need an MSN to win the league.

For me a good manager must not win a league, I am rather interested in how he is able to make something out of nothing.

If Enrique had led Roma or Celta to a top 4 position, he would have earned my respect.

Lets imagine that MSN is taken away from him, can he still win the league? I doubt, STRONGLY.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:51am On Feb 08, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
pep will pull a Mourinho, u heard it first.
Man city were unfair to Pellegrini watch them drop more points after that announcement.
I mentioned it first. Lol!!

Unless he gets Pogba and Neymar to join Aguero and Silva.

That has always been their trick. They rush to a new club, sign super stars, win two titles and by the time the clubs begin to get them settled for development work, they jet out.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 08, 2016
Spy360:

I mentioned it first. Lol!!

Unless he gets Pogba and Neymar to join Aguero and Silva.

That has always been their trick. They rush to a new club, sign super stars, win two titles and by the time the clubs begin to get them settled for development work, they jet out.
it won't even still guarantee them, one thing about Epl team is the fact majority of them clubs can compete in the transfer market.
So it ain't lopsided like la liga and Bundesliga and the French league.
I recently checked the top 20 richest clubs in Europe and found 8 epl teams there, leaving the remaining 12 spots for the other leagues in Europe to share.
It'll interest u that westham made the list and Tottenham the 7th epl team to make the list is richer than Athletico madrid the third riches in Spain.
Reason You'll always find one or two quality players in every team in Epl.
My point is, he won't be the only active manager in the transfer market in England unlike Spain and Bundesliga where Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern respectively take the best players the league gat to offer and leave the crumbs for others.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:18am On Feb 08, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
it won't even still guarantee them, one thing about Epl team is the fact majority of them clubs can compete in the transfer market.
So it ain't lopsided like la liga and Bundesliga and the French league.
I recently checked the top 20 richest clubs in Europe and found 8 epl teams there, leaving the remaining 12 spots for the other leagues in Europe to share.
It'll interest u that westham made the list and Tottenham the 7th epl team to make the list is richer than Athletico madrid the third riches in Spain.
Reason You'll always find one or two quality players in every team in Epl.
My point is, he won't be the only active manager in the transfer market in England unlike Spain and Bundesliga where Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern respectively take the best players the league gat to offer and leave the crumbs for others.
That's a point. Especially now that big money is coming next season, middle level clubs like Everton, Crystal Palace, Stoke, West Ham etc would have enough resources to attract top players.

It would be interesting.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:41am On Feb 08, 2016
Spy360:

Well notwithstanding, you have to be a good coach to win trophies in a big team!
You can't just rely simply on your players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 08, 2016
Spy360:

Diego Simeone didn't need an MSN to win the league.

For me a good manager must not win a league, I am rather interested in how he is able to make something out of nothing.

If Enrique had led Roma or Celta to a top 4 position, he would have earned my respect.

Lets imagine that MSN is taken away from him, can he still win the league? I doubt, STRONGLY.
This is just like saying "A good student doesn't necessarily need to get all As in WAEC. All he has to do is get all Cs and a couple of Ds b4 we can judge how smart/brilliant the student is".

Yes Wenger has managed Arsenal's money well and has consistently kept Arsenal in the UCL group stages for like 19 seasons now. And bcoz of it, Arsenal is now one of EPL's richest teams. Of what use is making money if u ll not spend it to win trophies??

If Wenger had even managed to win a league title or UCL in dis time period, then i would ve been inclined to go with this ur half baked theory.

This is the kind of myopic and vague reasoning that has made u Arsenal fans comfortable with just 2 FA Cups in 11 years. That my friend is nothing short of failure!!

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 08, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
This is just like saying "A good student doesn't necessarily need to get all As in WAEC. All he has to do is get all Cs and a couple of Ds b4 we can judge how smart/brilliant the student is".

Yes Wenger has managed Arsenal's money well and has consistently kept Arsenal in the UCL group stages for like 19 seasons now. And bcoz of it, Arsenal is now one of EPL's richest teams. Of what use is making money if u ll not spend it to win trophies??

If Wenger had even managed to win a league title or UCL in dis time period, then i would ve been inclined to go with this ur half baked theory.

This is the kind of myopic and vague reasoning that has made u Arsenal fans comfortable with just 2 FA Cups in 11 years. That my friend is nothing short of failure!!
Ur long sighted reasoning couldn't make u qualify for knock out stages. let's c if ur long sighted reasoning will get u a UCL spot this season

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ColtPython(m): 9:07am On Feb 08, 2016
Spy360:

No Fergie? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 08, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Ur long sighted reasoning couldn't make u qualify for knock out stages. let's c if ur long sighted reasoning will get u a UCL spot this season
Maybe ur long sighted reasoning will win u the UCL this season?? Or maybe it will win u the league this season??
We are discussing A, u are bringing C into the equation. If u ve nothing reasonable to say, fûck off my mentions pls and stop displaying ur rare case of chronic stupîdity for us all to see....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 08, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Maybe ur long sighted reasoning will win u the UCL this season?? Or maybe it will win u the league this season??
We are discussing A, u are bringing C into the equation. If u ve nothing reasonable to say, fûck off my mentions pls and stop displaying ur rare case of chronic stupîdity for us all to see....
No We are MYOPIC and the myopic reasoning will.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 08, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

No We are MYOPIC and the myopic reasoning will.
Well, that's ur business and quite frankly i wasn't asking for ur opinions. Keep them to urself!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) ... (3665) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.