Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? (4533 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / Things Your Spouse Does That You Dislike / When A Girl Bites Her Lower Lips What Does That Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by omakay(m): 8:18am On Nov 25, 2011
Inter-religious marriages in Nigeria are very rare and some people really detest it. But come to think of it, would you consider religion as a determinant for marriage. I mean, it was not his/her fault to be born into a christian/muslim home in the first place, That aside, after marriage, how would you share your religion between your children?,
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by delpee(f): 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2011
Simply put - e no easy!
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by MrResource(m): 12:31am On Dec 06, 2011
hmmm. . .stil trying to figure it out
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by omobadan(m): 1:22am On Dec 06, 2011
I think the modern generations are the one turning it into a big deal. There have been many successful relationships between Muslims & Christians. People nowadays tend to take religion too serious. If you really love someone, religion doesn't matter. If the husband is a Muslim, the wife can still continue with her Christianity. Both of them just need to respect each other. That's it. If you think religion is gonna be a big issue, then cut off the relationship before it gets serious!

1 Like

Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by BloodShed1: 4:37am On Dec 06, 2011
As an Atheist against men getting married, if I had to choose then I'd GLADLY marry a Muslim woman. She can practice her religion around me, it's nothing.

Islamic culture encourages women to be WOMEN, and not hoes (even though IMO most women are hoes anyway, at least Muslim women try lol).
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by Ranoscky(m): 5:08am On Dec 06, 2011
omobadan:

I think the modern generations are the one turning it into a big deal. There have been many successful relationships between Muslims & Christians. People nowadays tend to take religion too serious. If you really love someone, religion doesn't matter. If the husband is a Muslim, the wife can still continue with her Christianity. Both of them just need to respect each other. That's it. If you think religion is gonna be a big issue, then cut off the relationship before it gets serious!
+10
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by Mynd44: 5:38am On Dec 06, 2011
Religion is taking too seriously these days
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 06, 2011
it happens more often than we believe and it takes a lot of patience,
discipline and tolerance. All of which are the key ingredients of maturity cool.
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by Ruqaya(f): 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2011
Disastrous,most men are authoritative,dey won't tolerate deir wife or children practising any religion oda dan deirs.2.family threat e.g if u intend 2 u marry a man/woman opposite your religion,family says:dey will disown u.
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by Ruqaya(f): 1:23pm On Dec 06, 2011
1.most men are authoritative,dey don't tolerate deir wife or children  practising any religion oda dan deirs.  2.family threat:e.g father says:if u marry outside your religion,i will disown u.
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by simpleseyi: 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2011
I am a Muslim and my wife is a Christian. I go to the mosque while she goes to church, she even left for Canaan Land Ota for Shiloh 2011 some hours ago and will not be back till Sunday.

If you want to marry for LOVE, go ahead irrespective of religion. If you want to marry for RELIGION, then get a member of your church because a christian of another church will still have a different biblical views from yours.

I married for LOVE and I am happy forever.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by Njgirl1: 6:40pm On Dec 06, 2011
simpleseyi just curious, what religion do ur children practice?
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by simpleseyi: 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2011
We got married early this year, so our children are still coming. Our children will go to the mosque with me and to the church with their mother. When they grow up, they do what they like. Mind you, I also drive my wife from our home in Lagos to Ota, Ogun State at least twice in a month, I will definitely not stay in the car park while people are praying in the church.

I believe in GOD and not in religion.

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by Njgirl1: 7:59pm On Dec 06, 2011
@ seyi thats sweet. Ur love story is sweet.
@ 'believing in God not religion' thats like d smartest tn I ve heard. I wish al theists could tnk lyk dat. It would solve lots of problems.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by MrCork17: 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2011
which sweet undecided
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by delpee(f): 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2011
simpleseyi:

We got married early this year, so our children are still coming. Our children will go to the mosque with me and to the church with their mother. When they grow up, they do what they like. Mind you, I also drive my wife from our home in Lagos to Ota, Ogun State at least twice in a month, I will definitely not stay in the car park while people are praying in the church.

I believe in GOD and not in religion.

Thats really nice but you have to stand firm all the way. I know a few like that but the issue is sustainability in older years. What i have seen in some cases is that over time the Muslim man is convinced that he is not practicing the religion well e.g. it is said that a woman who is not married the Muslim way should not cook for you especially during Ramadan. Recently, i heard the story of a man who sent his xtian wife packing after 25yrs so that he can marry a Muslim since she refused to change when he suddenly became a fanatic. By the time you decide to go for Hajj, you may learn new lessons that may change your view except you choose to focus on the love you have for your wife and kids.

Fashola and Tinubu are good examples of Muslims who are happily married to xtians so success is not unattainable. I pray that your marriage remains solid, happy and focused.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by simpleseyi: 5:40am On Dec 07, 2011
It is definitely a sin against GOD and a crime against humanity for anybody to force anyone to practice a particular religion. If you are worshiping GOD, it should be with freewill and joy. When you force people into your own beliefs, you enslave them psychologically, mentally and physically and we all know that the only place prepared for slave masters is hell. People interpret the Holy books to suit their own personal opinion which may not be in accordance with what the Holy books actually say.

I am a Muslim but I went to catholic schools from primary to secondary so the Bible is definitely my companion just like the Quran but I am still a Muslim today because I still cannot see the difference between the Bible and the Quran, the only difference I see is between the Christians and the Muslims, that is, the difference is not in the two religions but the difference is the people practicing the religions and interpreting the Holy books to suit their personal opinions.

Religious bigots have no place in heaven. It is these religious bigots that confuse atheist to assume that there is no God and lead people astray.
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by tpia5: 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
A lot of moderate muslims who marry christian wives actually make very good relationship partners and treat the woman well.

The problems start when the husband decides he wants to be more conservative. Then they usually visit mecca, take on more wives, etc. Not all of them though, but a significant number do.

But before then, they do take good care of their family and the wife rarely complains.
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by delpee(f): 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2011
tpia@:

A lot of moderate muslims who marry christian wives actually make very good relationship partners and treat the woman well.

The problems start when the husband decides he wants to be more conservative. Then they usually visit mecca, take on more wives, etc. Not all of them though, but a significant number do.

But before then, they do take good care of their family and the wife rarely complains.

Quite true.

simpleseyi:

People interpret the Holy books to suit their own personal opinion which may not be in accordance with what the Holy books actually say.

I am a Muslim but I went to catholic schools from primary to secondary so the Bible is definitely my companion just like the Quran but I am still a Muslim today because I still cannot see the difference between the Bible and the Quran, the only difference I see is between the Christians and the Muslims, that is, the difference is not in the two religions but the difference is the people practicing the religions and interpreting the Holy books to suit their personal opinions.

I agree with you but please beware of those who will later try to "enlighten" you on how best to practice Islam. They always have proof from the Quran and Hadith. Just check out older Muslims who are or were married to Christians and learn from them. I am certainly not predicting doomsday, rather i will be happy to hear more good news from you many years down the line. All i have said is based on varied experience of people close to me. That will not be your portion by Gods grace. You will live happily together to Gods glory. Best wishes.
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by simpleseyi: 5:31am On Dec 09, 2011
GOD is neither a Christian nor a Muslim.
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by simpleseyi: 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
Allahu Akbar. The Lord has proven again that He is still as He was in the time past. The same yesterday, today and forever. My wife gave birth to a bouncing baby boy on Xmas day. If you will recall, my wife is a Xtian while am Muslim. The naming ceremony was on 1st of January and the special boy has been named Mohammed Emmanuel. Now, can you all see that GOD has special uncommon love for my family? We married for LOVE and GOD is living permanently with us. Halleluyah!

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by Mynd44: 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2012
As long as one of them is not a member of BOKO HARAM, then it will be fine
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by delpee(f): 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
simpleseyi:

Allahu Akbar. The Lord has proven again that He is still as He was in the time past. The same yesterday, today and forever. My wife gave birth to a bouncing baby boy on Xmas day. If you will recall, my wife is a Xtian while am Muslim. The naming ceremony was on 1st of January and the special boy has been named Mohammed Emmanuel. Now, can you all see that GOD has special uncommon love for my family? We married for LOVE and GOD is living permanently with us. Halleluyah!

So happy for you! I pray that the boy grows up in line with your hearts desires under Gods love and care. May God grant you and his mum many more happy and fruitful years together. May spoilsports trying to get to you always be derailed. You will have more good news to tell over the years by Gods grace. Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by Bisjosh(f): 11:45pm On Jan 03, 2012
angry angry angry
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by Nekai(f): 11:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
simpleseyi:

Beautiful! God Bless you and your family! smiley smiley smiley kiss kiss kiss smiley smiley smiley
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by InkedNerd(f): 2:47am On Jan 04, 2012
@OP: I have no qualms dating someone who doesn't posses the same religious views as I just as long as the individuals doesn't try to impose their views or religion on me. As for children and religion, that is something that I always make sure I discuss beforehand. If we're going to raise children, then I would prefer if we would allow our child to be aware of both our views and from there, he/she can decide what whether or not they want to pursue a life that consists of any specific religions or religious beliefs.

simpleseyi:

Allahu Akbar.  The Lord has proven again that He is still as He was in the time past. The same yesterday, today and forever.  My wife gave birth to a bouncing baby boy on Xmas day. If you will recall, my wife is a Xtian while am Muslim. The naming ceremony was on 1st of January and the special boy has been named Mohammed Emmanuel. Now, can you all see that GOD has special uncommon love for my family? We married for LOVE and GOD is living permanently with us. Halleluyah!

Congratulations! May you and your wife continue to be blessed with more gifts of this New Year! cheesy
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by MarcAnthon(m): 2:55am On Jan 04, 2012
Nekai:

Beautiful! God Bless you and your family! smiley smiley smiley kiss kiss kiss smiley smiley smiley

Seconded.
@simpleseyi, u have a very good heart. Keep it up bro.
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by simpleseyi: 5:47am On Jan 04, 2012
GOD bless you all and may GOD also do for you all as you wish for my family and I. My wife and our special gift Mohammed Emmanuel sent their prayers to you all.
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by zubeyr(m): 10:20am On Jan 04, 2012
congratulation for the baby
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by Araboy(m): 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2012
When a Muslim man marries a non Muslim woman most the time he is not happy about having to live full time in an Islamic

environment These men tend to be more open minded and they 're not concerned with their children submerged in the same

environment they grow up in

People should be free to marry outside their religion and keep their religion of choice without being subject to pressure from

their spouses or in laws to convert no coercion should be in religion no matter what
Re: A Christian Marrying A Muslim And Vice Versa: How Does That Play Out? by IbroSaunks(m): 6:47pm On Jan 04, 2012
Well, if both parties are staunch believers in their religion, then the marriage would most likely tank. And why shouldn't it? Religion is an important part of anyone's life. What we believe in is part of who we are. If two people can 't reach a common ground on something so essential and fundamental, then they shouldn't even get married in the first place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Seun Handsome? / Qualities Of A 'Real' Man / Kissing Or Sex Which Shows More Intimatcy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.