Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

State of Inter State Roads Within Kogi State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State of Inter State Roads Within Kogi State (918 Views)

The Real Face Of Rochas Okorocha - The Gory State Of Imo State Roads. / Deplorable State Of Edo State Roads: Upload The Bad Roads In Your Area / The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

State of Inter State Roads Within Kogi State by Insightful: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2011
The roads linking Lokoja through Kabba - Mopa - Isanlu to Ilorin is in a terrible state and when i spoke with many of the residents i was made to know that it is as a result of the numerous Obajana Cement heavy trucks (an average of 20 in number per day) transporting cement through that road on a daily basis. Road transportation from Ilorin to Abuja now takes about 4 more hours longer and cost more than before as commercial transporters now avoid the road and would rather go from kwara State to Ekiti State then back to Kogi State to Abuja just to avoid that particular road. It's a much longer route but this will save the commercial drivers from the dangers of passing through that road.

It's a federal road but the road grew from bad to worse when the cement trucks started transporting through that road on a daily basis.
Obajana cement factory was meant to be a blessing to the state but this issue of damages to the roads needs to be looked into. It seems the tax being collected from Dangote's Obajana cement is not being used to address the dilapitating state of the roads.

(1) (Reply)

Britain To Absorb All G.a.y. From Nigeria / Briton Accuses Nigerian Police Of Theft And Brutallity / My President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, Is Not A Bad Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.