Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra (12727 Views)

President Jonathan At Oronto Douglas' Burial In Yenagoa,Bayelsa Today(photos) / Governor T.A Orji Booed, Pelted At Bishop Ezeonyia's Burial In Aba! / Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by executinal(m): 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2011
kasiem:

i normally dont honor cows with a reply. Invest more of your time in getting your land rid of[b] leprosy. polio, bombing, illiteracy, almajirism, tes tse fly, poverty etc[/b]
grin grin grin grin grin grin He  only want to be recognize, imaging cattle roarer vomiting Shiite. the attached is his full representative always seat on computer waiting for every topic he will respond to.

Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by manchy7531: 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2011
Mortal Kombat Fatality

That is if he know what that means?why not suggest kunu haram fatality

Igbokwenu!!!!4 countries is too small, dey shud tour him thru out d whole world, lol

na wetin na??no b world death tour them dey do oooo.abeg make them do as them want but e must dey befitting
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by Kristaz(m): 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2011
Let Ojukwu's wish be carried out 2 d letter.He deserves d best even in death.Dis is a man who saw v.far ahead.What Ojukwu saw sitting down,others could not see even 4rm d tallest building then.What a great leader!Biafra must rise again!
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by drone99(m): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2011
@Kristaz, what did he see?
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by MissEZ(f): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2011
Lol @ Gbawe, it is not that serious. If you read my post all the way to the end, i said that since it is his last wish and its his money or whoever sponsors the event, they should do as they please.

I believe that once a person is dead, the most important question is where they spend eternity and the legacy he left behind. There is nowhere in my post where i suggest that ojukwu hasnt left an enduring legacy for his people or even belittled the man as some have done here.
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by baslone: 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2011
What a death wish?  shocked  sad
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by OkparaIgbo: 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2011
After the Tour of the Countries, He should be made a Mummy for the coming Igbo Generations to see. I personally will take my wife and kids to pay due respect to the HERO. Even if it costs a fortune. Rest in Peace Ikemba.!!  sad
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by silibaba: 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2011
i think the LEGEND deserve it.  cheesy cheesy

ABOKIS , pls stay away from this topic. angry angry

NORTHERNER are the cause of this backwardness  NIGERIA is facing today. cry cry

i think Israel should be included coz of the lineage of a thing. smiley smiley

MY TRIBUTE TO THE IKEMBA OF NNEWI, DIM ODUMEGWU OJUKWU

I still cannot face the reality that you are no longer with us. I simply find it difficult to believe. Not that I thought you would never die. After all you were human. At least, since the fact of your medical condition became known, I have come to accept the situation.

When HRH EZE xxxxxx called me on that fateful day you departed, though, I was feeling uneasy that period of time as if I know something had gone wrong; I was informed by him that you have left us. I knew that the end has come. cry cry cry

Like a zombie, I dressed up and left the house with my friend with the chess we were playing and I went into the chamber since I was feeling so uneasy and wanted to be alone.

I could not cry at first .I was uncomfortable, so I called my wife the only one I believe will be able to talk to me.  In a twinkle of an eye, she came and I explain to her how I was feeling and she comforted me. She took me into the church where I finally got the heart breaking news that you are no more. I wept my eyelid and she wept with me. She held me and we prayed together.

IKEMBA, I could not cry again. The pain was much more than that.I was in front of your condolence register this morning. What would I write?

That you are dead and gone forever?
That I will never get to see and discuss with you again?
That my mentor, confidant and source of inspiration is no more?
Or how will I eulogise you? That you were the greatest hero and legend that has ever lived? That you believed greatly in us (Ibo's)? And while others ran in time of tyranny you remained resolute at home and damned the consequences? That you made the biggest contribution to the Igboland, teaching us the right path to follow?
That you were the voice of the Idi-Ibo?
That you abhor oppression and cheating?
That you always side with the underdog and under privileged?
Your name paved way for some of us your children.

What can I say IKEMBA that is new? Am still searching for the right words. Until I find the strength, energy and wisdom, IKEMBA please consider this as a preface.

just imagining myself viewing your corpse at the mortuary, all through the burial ceremony and the lying-in-state andand if you ask me i will say i still find it easy to remember how you talk and discuss with me. Now you are lying down unable to gesticulate and dramatise as you normally do when making a point or cracking a joke.

It is days after your demise yet I just cannot function. Each time I sit on my chamber desk in the office to attend to issues, nothing happen.

I still do not know what next, but to face the future. I know I will never get to see you again when next I visit home. Who will I now take my problems and issues to? Just as you have been described as LEGEND. You have left a big void in my life.

In death you were even greater than when alive. I know you will be smiling in the blossom of your creator now satisfied that you did extremely well.

Heaven you must be, if you are now not in heaven then the place simply does not exist.

You were a noble man. You never plotted evil against any one. You never wished anyone bad. You were steadfast in your prayers and struggles just for the good of the people.

You wanted the very best for us where the weak will exist side-by-side with the powerful, with equal access and opportunity to all the riches of the country.

You sacrificed your time, health, energy and resources for the good of the country. You are an ultimate LEGEND. IKEMBA cannot die. Each day that passes by brings you more close to me .

I will continue to carry your mobile number wherever I go.

I will miss your jokes,and words of encouragement . Your memory will be with me as long as I breathe. Continue to rest and keep praying for us.(Ibo's)

ADIEU!!!

je nke oma

BARRISTER
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by Gbawe: 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2011
Miss EZ:

Lol @ Gbawe, it is not that serious. If you read my post all the way to the end, i said that since it is his last wish and its his money or whoever sponsors the event, they should do as they please.

I believe that once a person is dead, the most important question is where they spend eternity and the legacy he left behind. There is nowhere in my post where i suggest that ojukwu hasnt left an enduring legacy for his people or even belittled the man as some have done here.

I did not accuse you of that. I am just passionate about the mantra of doing unto others as I wish to be done to me. Personally, I like to respect the private wishes of others, that does not affect me, even if I don't understand their motivation.  If I die, my last request should not be open to the judgement of everyone because it is requests I make to my family and loved ones. If Ojukwu's family, friends and admirer can carry out his wish then so be it. It really is not for me or you to say if the man's demand "serves no purpose" or is a "waste of resources".
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by hugooh42(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2011
We will carry out your wishes to the latter.Rest in peace the peoples hero.

Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by manchy7531: 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2011
He  only want to be recognize, imaging cattle roarer vomiting Shiite. the attached is his full representative always seat on computer waiting for every topic he will respond to.
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by MissEZ(f): 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ Gbawe, well said, and i get that and i am also a firm believer of do unto others as you wish to be done to. My intention is not to belittle the man's last wish, i guess when we do not understand the motivation behind certain things, we always try to find a solution that fits into our frame of reference.

My comment was not meant to insult his wishes, and like you rightly pointed out and as i also said, it is up to the family and sponsors of the event to carry it out if it is possible.
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by ideylaff: 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2011
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra

I think they could show him more respect by allowing him to rest in Peace and still make his name bn respected in these countries by having a ceremony
without the body. It's much better that way,

Also I hope it will not be an "Egg on Your Face situation" if these so called countries have a low turn out of people expected to honour him

Knowing Nigeria, this is probably a rush job with no early planning time with respect to the Countries put in place.

I bet they will contact these countries 2 days to the events and expect all hands on deck

Bury the Man as a heroe in his country, no point carrying him all over the place for Politics or ones selfish ego

Nuff said as I see it
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by kasiem(m): 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2011
this shows that ojukwu, till death, never jettisoned the spirit of biafra
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by namfav(m): 3:39pm On Nov 29, 2011
what a joke nairaland, who pays? im sure he does not have that kind of money, i hope its not the government of nigeria that has to pay for these unecessary exhibition
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by Bawss1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2011
Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, who gave the indication, yesterday, in Awka said that Odumegwu-Ojukwu listed where his body would be taken to before burial.

I didn't see this earlier.

To each his own.
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by dayokanu(m): 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by ak47mann(m): 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2011
cool cool

your wish is our command your great one cool cool
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by Challas(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2011
kasiem:

this shows that ojukwu, till death, never jettisoned the spirit of biafra
ORIGINAL BIAFRAN!!!

Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by Delafruita(m): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2011
I wonder why ojukwu wants to be melodramatic even in death.I also wonder why some misguided igbo people expect nigerians to fly flags at half mast for a man who still insists on been a biafran.now he wants to tour the countries that recognized biafra as a nation at the expense of my tax naira.some people will ask how.its definite that those trips will be sponsored by anambra state government.anambra state gets its allocation from the federal government which is responsible for removing my tax from the source.you now expect me to approve such jamboree
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by ak47mann(m): 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2011
Delafruita:

I wonder why ojukwu wants to be melodramatic even in death.I also wonder why some misguided igbo people expect nigerians to fly flags at half mast for a man who still insists on been a biafran.now he wants to tour the countries that recognized biafra as a nation at the expense of my tax naira.some people will ask how.its definite that those trips will be sponsored by anambra state government.anambra state gets its allocation from the federal government which is responsible for removing my tax from the source.you now expect me to approve such jamboree
is not for every tom dick and harry to comment you know,money is not urs by the way,we can ask why our tax money doing in sharia states in Nigeria sultan is enjoying our oil money too, so why is this ur problem or u want darkness of overcome your life?
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by otokx(m): 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2011
What we need in Nigeria is a change in mentality.
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2011
Delafruita:

Ojuku was just a confused man.

One moment he is a Biafra warlord who fears nothing, The next moment he is in skirt, wrapper and gstring running away to Abidjan

One moment he is always for Biafra, Next Moment he is contesting for NIGERIAN president

One moment he told hungry people to fight till death, Next moment he is back in National party of Nigeria collected his full Military benefits while his Biafran soldiers are suffering

One moment he told them Naija soldiers would rape them next moment he is back in Nigeria marrying Miss Nigeria against her fathers wishes

One moment he would rant Awolowo betrayed him, Next moment Awolowo is the best president Nigeria never had

What a duplicitous Biatch
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by ak47mann(m): 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

One moment he is a Biafra warlord who fears nothing, The next moment he is in skirt, wrapper and gstring running away to Abidjan

One moment he is always for Biafra, Next Moment he is contesting for NIGERIAN president

One moment he told hungry people to fight till death, Next moment he is back in National party of Nigeria collected his full Military benefits while his Biafran soldiers are suffering

One moment he told them Naija soldiers would violation them next moment he is back in Nigeria marrying Miss Nigeria against her fathers wishes

One moment he would rant Awolowo betrayed him, Next moment Awolowo is the best president Nigeria never had

have u finish wanking for Bianca?
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by Pukkah: 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2011
ak47mann:

is not for every tom Joystick and harry to comment you know,money is not urs by the way,we can ask why our tax money doing in sharia  states in Nigeria sultan is enjoying our oil money too, so why is this your problem or u want darkness of overcome your life?

Don't you think your response is a tad too weighty for the simple enquiry/question the poster (copied below) was trying to make/ask? You should expect voices of dissent in a democracy. I think he has asked the right questions which should be answered in a civil way.

Delafruita:

I wonder why ojukwu wants to be melodramatic even in death.I also wonder why some misguided igbo people expect nigerians to fly flags at half mast for a man who still insists on been a biafran.[b]now he wants to tour the countries that recognized biafra as a nation at the expense of my tax naira.some people will ask how.its definite that those trips will be sponsored by anambra state government.anambra state gets its allocation from the federal government which is responsible for removing my tax from the source.[/b]you now expect me to approve such jamboree
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by Demdem(m): 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2011
This is unnecessary. Hope it will be funded by non-govermental and personal funds? if Govt is to fund this then i think its a stupid idea.
He was still a great man no doubt despite his flaws.
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2011
Apart from those African countries, i think his body should tour all the old eastern states so that people there can pay there respect. It's his wish and it has to be respected.
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by ocelot2006(m): 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2011
Well, if the SE governors foot the bill, not the FG, then the whole tour is fine by me.
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by cantell(m): 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

One moment he told them Naija soldiers would violation them next moment he is back in Nigeria marrying Miss Nigeria against her fathers wishes

Whats your damn business if he's confused?
You've been jumping around threads about Ojukwu, yapping like a mad dog.
Did he kill your grandparents during the war?
Why don't you let us decide if he's confused or not?
I wonder why people get worked up over other people's business.
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by Challas(m): 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2011
Delafruita:

And what have u done since u became aware that some Nigerians use this your tax money that you are crying about to Bomb the UN Building and sponsor Boko Haram?.what hv u done to ur Local Government Chairman for embezzling public fund?
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by ocelot2006(m): 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ afam4Eva, that's ok PROVIDED tour within Nigeria is restricted to SE states. Then its fine by me.
Re: Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Burial In Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2011
ocelot2006:

@ afam4Eva, that's ok PROVIDED tour within Nigeria is restricted to SE states. Then its fine by me.

No, it's not restricted to the SE. he was the governor of old eastern state which includes modern day Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Cross river and the SE states. Even if they decide to tour the entire nation with his body you can't do ish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Press Release: School Feeding Programme Reaches 17 States / Adedeji Stanley Olajide Chase Journalists Out Of COVID-19 Probe / Atiku Abubakar To Hold Presidential Campaign In Ondo State Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.