Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech (165840 Views)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Nigerians In Czech Republic How Life / Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by stoicism: 4:40am On Oct 19, 2015
[quote author=SimonPeters2020 post=39099552]
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by Nobody: 4:48am On Oct 19, 2015
stoicism:

student of CTU and staying at Strahov....and you?
Ok, that's good.I graduated from CZU.I will give you some contacts.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by stoicism: 4:51am On Oct 19, 2015
SimonPeters2020:
Ok, that's good.I graduated from CZU.I will give you some contacts.

thanks in advance. I will be waiting. What's CZU. I will only be receiving the my yearly school tuition fees plus very little stipend for subsistence from home. Is it possible that I get a job to supplement my subsistence?
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 19, 2015
stoicism:

thanks in advance. I will be waiting. What's CZU. I will only be receiving the my yearly school tuition fees plus very little stipend for subsistence from home. Is it possible that I get a job to supplement my subsistence?
CZU is Česká zemědělská univerzita (Czech University of Life Sciences Prague). You can get a job buh it might not be easy combining studies with work especially in your first year.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by dcitizen: 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2015
@stoicism,
The house is still expecting your visa interview testimony at the czech embassy . You are now in prague and receiving lecture. We need a brief narration on your visa interview testimony.
Was an aptitude given to you on your interview date? If yes, what is the nature of such questions? Was an oral interview conducted? If yes, what kinds of question were asked.

There is a need for us to keep this trend alive to help younger generation to achieve their educationaloals
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by stoicism: 7:03am On Oct 20, 2015
SimonPeters2020:
CZU is Česká zemědělská univerzita (Czech University of Life Sciences Prague). You can get a job buh it might not be easy combining studies with work especially in your first year.

ok bros I am still expecting to hear from u on the contacts
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by stoicism: 7:04am On Oct 20, 2015
dcitizen:
@stoicism,
The house is still expecting your visa interview testimony at the czech embassy . You are now in prague and receiving lecture. We need a brief narration on your visa interview testimony.
Was an aptitude given to you on your interview date? If yes, what is the nature of such questions? Was an oral interview conducted? If yes, what kinds of question were asked.

There is a need for us to keep this trend alive to help younger generation to achieve their educationaloals

I will do that soon as I settle well
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by bikerboy1(m): 9:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
stoicism:

I will do that soon as I settle well

It's hard to believe that you still haven't had time all this while to brief us about your interview.

A lot of us are hoping on you.

Please do the needful.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by bikerboy1(m): 10:21am On Nov 26, 2015
Deserted Zone! ! !

1 Like

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 3:19pm On Dec 06, 2015
Good to know that well-meaning individuals have kept the message alive in the absence of the messenger..this is one of the ways we can measure impactful messages as most of us strive for a better society where information could empower us without necessarily being a burden of overload.

Now to the main issue:one thing I would always advise is that prospective applicants to czech universities and elsewhere should take the pains of applying directly and visiting the relevant embassy site for more information....pls don't give money to any agent, be smart enough to contact the schools' admission officers.

Lately, I got skype invitations from prospects,I wish to say that all the information you would ever need from me could as well be adequately fetched from this forum and this site-www.studyin.cz. Alternatively, visit google and key in universities in the Czech Republic, from there you can even get much nuanced and/or rich information about english programmes in some of the institutions.

I believe it is possible to glean the right info from folks who have opted to share their own 'success story' here. It is also important to know, as some experienced folks have also shared in the recent years that schooling abroad,particularly that of the Czech Republic is not an eldorado....the issues of job and visa are never a gaurantee....wishing you felllas success in your pursuits of foreign education.....And lastly for those who are studying in CZ,do good to keep sharing your stories since it may go a long way in motivating folks back home....Again, wishing you all best of luck and keep sharing without demanding any form of benefits in return....Life is sweeter when we simply and genuinely share the little we know or have.....
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
Good news for students who intend to apply to CZ and who might as well need stipends to support their stay. Note that the stipends per se will not cover all your expenses, however, it caters adequately for your tuition fees and maybe 'extras' as well.

For those who might be interested, kindly refer to this link below:
https://apply.utb.cz/frequently-asked-questions#scholarships

NB: This serves for BSc, MSc and PhD candidates. The courses cut across a variety of popular disciplines in IT, Business, Media/Arts, Sciences and Engineering

As an advice, prospective candidates should apply soonest, though the deadline is slated for May,2016.

No doubt the application process may seem rigorous for so many out there, but do well to painfully go through it and perhaps should you insist on any help, I shall do my possible best to only assist in the area of Nostrification through a proxy; nostrification usually takes about 8 weeks.

For me to render such a service (i.e., helping applicants to run errands for nostrification of documents) through a proxy, it will most likely come with a service charge. Also note that the rest administrative tasks would have to be done by you,including the essay part of the application.

On a final note, I am not an admission officer neither do I promise that I can fully assist in getting an admission for any applicant; my own bit is to share pertinent admission info as it concerns studies over here (CZ).

Finally, I shall do my best to visit here as much as I could.

Wishing you all a greater start to the new Gregorian calendar year (2016) and a much happier ending as well.

1 Like

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by gowaga68: 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
nedostic:
Good news for students who intend to apply to CZ and who might as well need stipends to support their stay. Note that the stipends per se will not cover all your expenses, however, it caters adequately for your tuition fees and maybe 'extras' as well.

NB: This serves for BSc, MSc and PhD candidates. The courses cut across a variety of popular disciplines in IT, Business, Media/Arts, Sciences and Engineering
Happy new year!
Glad you came back and thanks for the update, will need your service soonest.
As an advice, prospective candidates should apply soonest, though the deadline is slated for May,2016.

No doubt the application process may seem rigorous for so many out there, but do well to painfully go through it and perhaps should you insist on any help, I shall do my possible best to only assist in the area of Nostrification through a proxy; nostrification usually takes about 8 weeks.

For me to render such a service (i.e., helping applicants to run errands for nostrification of documents) through a proxy, it will most likely come with a service charge. Also note that the rest administrative tasks would have to be done by you,including the essay part of the application.

On a final note, I am not an admission officer neither do I promise that I can fully assist in getting an admission for any applicant; my own bit is to share pertinent admission info as it concerns studies over here (CZ).

Wishing you all a greater start to the new Gregorian calendar year (2016) and a much happier ending as well.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by bikerboy1(m): 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2016
nedostic:

God bless you my brother. It shall be well with you.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by gowaga68: 7:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
Bros is Nostrification the same thing as Recognition of Secondary Education?
i now know why you said the below highlighted .

nedostic:

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
@gowaga68,

Yes, to the question that you clearly raised; but it also goes beyond recognition of secondary education for prospective BSc candidates. Put simply, the terms - nostrification and recognition of certificates-carry same weight/meaning. For prospective MSc/MA candidates, you would have to nostrify (i.e., file for the recognition of) your BSc/BA Nigerian certificate/result and degree transcript.

Note that if you are sending these credentials to the Czech Rep. for the purpose of nostrification, like I had earlier stated, it will come with a service charge through a proxy. You would also need to get from the court a power of attorney from any high court or so in Naija, rubber-stamped copy of results (court stamp could suffice in this case) and original transcript directly from the university (note:this is for MSc applicants only). In addition, BSc applicants would have to obtain their statement of result and/or certificate (originating strictly from WAEC office), as well as scratch card.

I hope this helps!
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by gowaga68: 9:55am On Jan 13, 2016
Thanks for your swift responds,
what are the service charges like for when going through a proxy?
applicant is going for for B.sc.
thanks once more.
nedostic:
@gowaga68,

Yes, to the question that you clearly raised; but it also goes beyond recognition of secondary education for prospective BSc candidates. Put simply, the terms - nostrification and recognition of certificates-carry same weight/meaning. For prospective MSc/MA candidates, you would have to nostrify (i.e., file for the recognition of) your BSc/BA Nigerian certificate/result and degree transcript.

Note that if you are sending these credentials to the Czech Rep. for the purpose of nostrification, like I had earlier stated, it will come with a service charge through a proxy. You would also need to get from the court a power of attorney from any high court or so in Naija, rubber-stamped copy of results (court stamp could suffice in this case) and original transcript directly from the university (note:this is for MSc applicants only). In addition, BSc applicants would have to obtain their statement of result and/or certificate (originating strictly from WAEC office), as well as scratch card.

I hope this helps!
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
@Gowaga et al.,

Kindly drop your email address (here) and we can discuss further.

As a word of caution, you could preferably use an alternative email [of yours] to avoid receiving any form of scam contents from suspicious online characters.

After our interaction via mail, you may also choose to share with others here.

I hope this helps!
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by gowaga68: 11:21am On Jan 16, 2016
nedostic:
@Gowaga et al.,

Kindly drop your email address (here) and we can discuss further.

As a word of caution, you could preferably use an alternative email [of yours] to avoid receiving any form of scam contents from suspicious online characters.

After our interaction via mail, you may also choose to share with others here.

I hope this helps!

XXXXX@yeyedeysmell.com
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 6:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
@Some who care about studying in TBU, Zlin:

I would like to give this brotherly advice: should you be coming to this city (i.e., Zlin, CZ) with the hope of working and schooling, do not even consider it as an option.

Also note that the scholarship for Masters and Bachelors students only cover the tuition fees with little or no money left to defray other expenses; PhD applicants could bank on the scholarship to cover all expenses but with little or no money left for 'partying' let alone sending remittances home.

One practical alternative is to learn the language-Czech-if possible before and during your stay here (should you be lucky to get the VISA).

Another realistic alternative is for you to utilize the long-break during the summer by moving to the capital city or Brno for jobs (you would need to apply before the hols). Some international students who are less than 30 yrs (pls do not take the age bracket as a given) can also apply for work-holidays visa to Yankee and elsewhere. It all depends on your quest for information about job opportunities.

@All
All things considered, plan better and act wiser since moving abroad is not a magical bullet to financial enrichment, still it widens and deepens your (personal) experiences and views [should you care so much about the advancement of knowledge and human civilizations in the global context(s)].

I wish you all luck in your pursuits and dreams!
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
@ All,

I have just been informed this evening by a Nigerian lecturer who happens to teach in Mendel University, Brno, CZ with respect to admission ranging from Bsc to Msc to PhD. Kindly, check the website below:

http://ipm.mendelu.cz/en/zahranicni_aktivity/prijizdejici_studenti/zahranicni_studenti_samoplatci?lang=en

Most importantly, the university I have been rightly informed plans to conduct entrance exam in Anglophone African nations including Abuja (see another link below), and the Nigerian lecturer there would also be on the ground:

http://www.frdis.com/admission-requirements/

Note: The second link applies to the faculty where the Nigerian lecturer teaches, the first link serves all the admission (general) purposes.

My sense is that all the programmes are fee-based; still it reduces the encumbrances of online applications and other issues relating to admission. In one respect, it might also increase the odds of getting student visa given that the university will be conducting exams in Nigeria.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by speak2segun: 1:03am On Jan 20, 2016
Kudos to all helpers here. I have read all the pages in this forum. I want to submit my application but am so confused. Can I apply first with my Original Results, then do my Legalization, recognition of secondary education and nostrification later after response from the School or am supposed to do these things and upload them with my application.

Please advice.

Thank you
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 2:05pm On Jan 25, 2016
@ All - Legalization (Nostrification) Issues:

Please visit this link below:

http://nostrifikace.mkc.cz/en/uznavani-pro-studium

The takeaways from the site apparently center on legalization of basic documents in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and super-legalization at the Czech Embassy.

Prospective BSc students should consider this below (importantly,copied in verbatim from a site):
" Furthermore, they should also present a list of all subjects they successfully passed throughout their secondary education (or for the past four years - whichever applies) called "subject plan or list of subjects or transcript….". The plan must state all subjects and the numbers of lessons assigned to each subject. It is required to be checked (authorized by an official authority) and translated as well"

From what I understood about application to Tomas Bata University, it is key to have in place the recognition of your certificates during the online application stage. Some schools like CTU in Praha might offer you admission without nostrification, thereby allowing you to sort it out when you might have moved over to the country.

I hope this helps.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by gowaga68: 5:02pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hello All,
I will be commenting on how to go about Authentication and Legalising Your Certificates shortly.
Below are needed documents that needs to be authenticate and how to go about it :
WAEC
Testimonial
Transcript. (For those going for B.sc)
Before you emback on your journey to Abuja for Authentication at Ministry of Education (Secretariat Abuja) you'll need
*File
*WAEC/NECO etc
*Screch Card (or better check the result and come along with 2-3 copies each and staple the Scrach card on one pair).
* Then you head to the office which is on the 8th floor of the building. They will bill you then refer you to make payment in the back and come back with the teller for submission. It could be done in a day or two.
So that's that for Ministry of Education.

2 Likes

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
With regard to the admission test that is due to take place in Nigeria, kindly note that the examination is slated for 6th April, 2016.

Also find below the following key info:

Entrance examination and formal interview of (prospective) students will be held at Nanet Hotels, Plot 1042, Kur Mohammed Street, Central Business District, Abuja.

Date: 06.04.2016

Time: 10.00 am – 6.00 pm.

Students must come along with the following:
• Passport, Voter’s or National ID, etc.
• Original certificates and transcripts
• Names and addresses of two referees/testimonials

Again, the name of the school is Mendel University in Brno, CZ. You could possibly Google to find out more about English programmes from the university.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by maestrojay(m): 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
WOw, i am soo happy to see people on this thread so dedicated to helping other.. God will bless you all..
Pls i self-service to ask if there are still free tuiton schools in czech rep. I wish to pursue a MAsters program in international relations, i would really appreciate suggestions ... thanks guys..#blessings
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 06, 2016
maestrojay:
WOw, i am soo happy to see people on this thread so dedicated to helping other.. God will bless you all..
Pls i self-service to ask if there are still free tuiton schools in czech rep. I wish to pursue a MAsters program in international relations, i would really appreciate suggestions ... thanks guys..#blessings
What?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by stoicism: 9:18am On Mar 19, 2016
nedostic:
@Some who care about studying in TBU, Zlin:

I would like to give this brotherly advice: should you be coming to this city (i.e., Zlin, CZ) with the hope of working and schooling, do not even consider it as an option.

Also note that the scholarship for Masters and Bachelors students only cover the tuition fees with little or no money left to defray other expenses; PhD applicants could bank on the scholarship to cover all expenses but with little or no money left for 'partying' let alone sending remittances home.

One practical alternative is to learn the language-Czech-if possible before and during your stay here (should you be lucky to get the VISA).

Another realistic alternative is for you to utilize the long-break during the summer by moving to the capital city or Brno for jobs (you would need to apply before the hols). Some international students who are less than 30 yrs (pls do not take the age bracket as a given) can also apply for work-holidays visa to Yankee and elsewhere. It all depends on your quest for information about job opportunities.

@All
All things considered, plan better and act wiser since moving abroad is not a magical bullet to financial enrichment, still it widens and deepens your (personal) experiences and views [should you care so much about the advancement of knowledge and human civilizations in the global context(s)].

I wish you all luck in your pursuits and dreams!

Pls are u in Czech Republic ?
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by uuu30: 8:49am On Mar 25, 2016
please do anyone know about prague college and do all the universities in Cezch need English exams before you can be offered admission?
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by uuu30: 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
uuu30:
please do anyone know about Prague college and do all the universities in Czech need English exams before you can be offered admission for Master's?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (43) (Reply)

Obtaining A Birth Certificate From The National Population Commission / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations / List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.