Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff (3634 Views)

Doyin Okupe Mocks Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Buhari(pic) / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari / Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by stepo707: 10:54am On Dec 02, 2011
I promised Nigerians a Transformation Agenda and that means change. And one of the most brilliant minds that ever lived, Albert Einstein, established that we cannot keep doing the same things and expect different results. Thus, if we must have Transformation (and we will have it) there must be changes in how we do things. For instance, we must transform from being a net importer of food to being self sufficient then a net exporter of food. This is possible. In the past two weeks, I have been eating only Cassava bread and I will continue to do this until I leave the State House. We must begin to look inwards and wean ourselves off those products which we can produce locally even if we might have some pains in the short to medium term. We must have gains in Nigeria, but sometimes there is no gain without pain and no Transformation without citizen participation. So let us all prepare to make small changes, from me the President to every Nigerian. And if there is one thing I have learnt, it is not to underestimate the big differences small changes can make. GEJ

http://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/posts/274972415886473
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by atasteve: 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
"National bread", let it go round now smiley Nice one, pls government let's sustain this.
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by daywatcher: 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
can Nigerians abandon their desire for anything foreign?
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by qholar(m): 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2011
Very funny,
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by Kx: 2:27pm On Dec 02, 2011
ceah:

N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food?
« on: October 09, 2011, 03:29 PM »
N44, 080,000 on newspapers,
N 1. 2m a day on newspapers,
1,033, 853, 106 on miscellenous( sweets and biscuits for visitors),
car maintanance 480,000,000,
NEPA, 84, 692, 987,
gen: 54, 000,000,
building maintance; 2,040,806,
presidential drugs; 402, 175, 400,
foodstuff,N 574, 074,750. N1. 6 million per day.

How much will he save for the nation from this bogus budget by buying cassava bread?
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by daywatcher: 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
Kx:

How much will he save for the nation from this bogus budget by buying cassava bread?

it is the same the world over
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by Kolababa: 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2011
I hope he will soon tell us that he soaks and drinks gari in the aso rock.
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by maclatunji: 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2011
I am forced to think that it is only a simpleton that will be impressed with this act of tokenism. I get enough Cassava in my garri and fufu. I don't want it in my bread. Improving agriculture involves investing in mechanised farming, storage facilities,  granting of seed-capital to young graduates of agriculture-centered courses who are passionate about it.  Not all of these childish moves. Does the President think I care if he has toads for supper?

1 Like

Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by pynkspyce: 4:48pm On Dec 02, 2011
lol @ these fool fooling themselves.
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by ronkeenuf(f): 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2011
what's put in place to ensure bakers have cassava flour nationwide. if he realy wants to encourage local food production, méchanised farming should be sponsored & they should start from local rice processing which is more likely to be succesful cos rice (more foreign) consumption is high in Nig
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by moderatorr: 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2011
This man is simply nigeria's greatest president.
In the future people will read this man's words for motivation.
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by humblebee: 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2011
good one Jona!

whatever you do at this time, they will still talk. humans are never satisfied
he's not doing enough tho'
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Dec 02, 2011
So . . . .   even though Nigeria produces over 100 metric tonnes of wheat each year, much of which we export really, eating bread made of Cassava is the way to consume locally made bread? Using the wheat we grow to make the same bread is out of the question? Are you people so desperate that you will continue to applaud the most absurd just for face?? This is something moronic here considering there is nothing wrong with producing wheat bread locally as well. . . . he can also eat wheat, millet, etc bread, and even corn flakes produced locally since we grow a lot of these in Nigeria, and still eat local food.

Also, it is likely that we also import some of the cassava we consume. grin
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2011
Cant retardeen just shut up and drive?
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^ That is how I feel right now about all this.
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by monopolist: 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2011
President is trying to say " GO AND PLANT CASSAVA, PRODUCE CASSAVA FLOUR FOR THE BREAD INDUSTRY AND EMPLOY PEOPLE"

I PLANT CASSAVA AND I AM STILL PLANTING MORE.

I can help you plant Cassava and manage it for the next five years

kingolusola@gmail.com
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by oderemo(m): 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
This president will eventually become the weakest we) ve had since independence i.m.o even the fmr.kano govn.barkin zuwo will be way ahead of him in terms of stragedies or is it strategy?
Can we all flash back to his cement debacle? Did dangote reduce cement price by even one kobo/junkie. Hell no.
Now this cassava issue, is any one even listening to him?
maybe beaf does.
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by Kobojunkie: 6:02pm On Dec 02, 2011
monopolist:

President is trying to say " GO AND PLANT CASSAVA, PRODUCE CASSAVA FLOUR FOR THE BREAD INDUSTRY AND EMPLOY PEOPLE"

I PLANT CASSAVA AND I AM STILL PLANTING MORE.

Interesting take you have there! "SO I ALREADY PLANT WHEAT AND CREATE JOBS BUT UNLESS I SWITCH TO PLANTING CASSAVA WILL YOU CONSIDER MY PRODUCE LOCAL" grin ??
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by monopolist: 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
BAN WHEAT IMPORTATION NOW

BAN RICE IMPORTATION NOW

LET CORPERS SERVE ON FARMS

LET EVERY NIGERIAN FAMILY ESTABLISH 10 HECTARES FARM EACH

AND BY 2022 THERE WILL BE NO UNEMPLOYED YOUTH IN NIGERIA EXCEPT LAZY ONES
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^^ BAN CASSAVA IMPORTATION Too . . . .
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by s1(m): 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2011
Bro jona is trying to lead by example.
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by Ibime(m): 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2011
So said Mr Importer of bins.
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by Chyz2: 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ibime:

So said Mr Importer of bins.

Igbo man, you are back.
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by crispgg: 11:29am On Dec 03, 2011
I wonder what is so special about this. Buhari and Idiagbon were the first to make it mandatory for local bakeries to include maize, sorghum etc in their products. And they enforced it, as if that statement will stop Patience and Dizeani from importing their next birthday cake from USA or Italy.
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2011
maize, sorghum, etc are not more local than wheat though. We produce all three and more so why does eating casssava bread imply one is eating local and one could also eat wheat bread and still east local? We ought to demand no more bull-shit from this man --- it's been 17 months or thereabout and still no significant sign of progress to record.
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by billyG(m): 11:30pm On Dec 03, 2011
So all jona can do 4 good 18 months is 2 show us fresh baked cassava bread frm asso rock kitchen produce by peshie he tried it think he shd resign take his hoe & go farm cassava cry cry cry
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by tnktosin(m): 1:07am On Dec 04, 2011
maybe we should make bread from beans ? e'kpa
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by Kobojunkie: 1:08am On Dec 04, 2011
^^^ Abi . . . . make Bread from ewa so we can call it local too. ROFL
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by maclatunji: 6:14am On Dec 04, 2011
kobo stop ROFL already!
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by member479760: 8:16am On Dec 04, 2011
so, the few available cassava for gari na bread we go take ham dey produce. serious!!! lets see how much gari go cost for market now.
Re: GEJ On His Endorsement Of Locally Produced Food Stuff by segxyrema: 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2013
maclatunji: I am forced to think that it is only a simpleton that will be impressed with this act of tokenism. I get enough Cassava in my garri and fufu. I don't want it in my bread. Improving agriculture involves investing in mechanised farming, storage facilities,  granting of seed-capital to young graduates of agriculture-centered courses who are passionate about it.  Not all of these childish moves. Does the President think I care if he has toads for supper?
Despite our poor status in technology,those stone and iron age has passed away,days of cajoling pple by food u ate,cloth u use,the car u ride has gone. When u were begging for vote in 2011,u remembered that u do went to schl on bare-footed but u av not changed the life of any poor student in south south talkless of the whole country......and now that u are starving for second term,cassava bread with okro Soup is the best......Mr pressy!! U better think and implement a policy that would touches life of Average nigerian.

(1) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe: A Biafran In Nigerian Clothes - By Muhammad Jameel Yusha’u / Osun And Enugu. A Tale Of 2 States. / Merry Xmass From Lagos With Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.