Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP (30571 Views)

Doyin Okupe Mocks Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Buhari(pic) / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari / Some Names That Rattles PDP Both Online And Offline. Add Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 9:10am On Mar 02, 2013
IBB’s endorsement of APC rattles PDP
Written by Jacob Segun Olatunji -Abuja Saturday, 02 March 2013 00:00 font size Print Email
Rate this item 1 2 3 4 5 (1 Vote)
раскрутка сайтов

THE recent applause of the emergence of the All Progressives Congress (APC) by former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida, is said to be causing ripples in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Findings by Saturday Tribune revealed that the national leadership of the PDP is not comfortable with the comments credited to Babangida at his Minna, Niger State home on Thursday, while speaking with journalists.
According to media reports, the former military president expressed joy over the emergence of the APC, saying that it was good for the political development of the country.
Babangida was reported to have claimed that his position on the desirability of a two-party system in the country when he was in the saddle, which led to the formation of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) and the National Republican Convention (NRC), had been justified.
It was reported that when asked whether the development would not pose a problem for his party (PDP), Babangida retorted: “PDP or my party? Which one is my party? PDP was my party,” and was said to have declined further comment on the statement.
However, it was gathered that the leadership of the PDP was concerned that such a statement could come from a respected elder of the party.
His comments, it was gathered, are being viewed as a confirmation of earlier speculations that Babangida was one the brains behind the formation of APC since he had failed to get the PDP’s nod over his presidential ambition which dates back to 2003.
“We are worried as a party if IBB actually made those comments on the emergence of APC. I think the national secretariat of our party needs to get in touch with the Niger State chapter to confirm his membership status so as to know what to do with him. The constitution of the party is very clear. To me, this is anti-party,” a PDP chieftain told Saturday Tribune in confidence, in Abuja, on Friday.
“When we read the report of the IBB’s comments in the dailies, we thought he was being misquoted as a supposed leader of the party and that one of his aides or himself would quickly refute the report, but nothing like that has happened so far. Then, we don’t need any soothsayer to tell us that he is not with us in the PDP again, but now on the other side,” the party chief said.
The source revealed that the fear of the party was further heightened by speculations that loyalists of former President Olusegun Obasanjo were also planning to quit the PDP en masse to the APC in expression of their grievances against the leadership of the party.
Though the National Publicity of the PDP, Chief Olisah Metu, could not be immediately reached for comments, another chieftain of the party said that there was no cause for alarm as the party’s national leadership was capable of handling the matter and “put IBB where he belongs.”

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/6421-ibb-s-endorsement-of-apc-rattles-pdp

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Emusan(m): 9:25am On Mar 02, 2013
2015; year of drama in nigeria. Just passing by

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by inspirenet: 9:38am On Mar 02, 2013
Emusan: 2015; year of drama in nigeria. Just passing by

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gabriel212: 9:48am On Mar 02, 2013
Am very sure APC is holding the Government house in 2015 with slide victory over the pdp( coz of division withing the party unless GEJ drop his 2nd term bid)

3 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by sholasys: 9:57am On Mar 02, 2013
Na Waaa oooo !!!! Atiku Abubarkar political ambition is in delima. where will he pitch his tent PDP or APC?

3 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Ozonna(m): 9:57am On Mar 02, 2013
gabriel212: Am very sure APC is holding the Government house in 2015 with slide victory over the pdp( coz of division withing the party unless GEJ drop his 2nd term bid)

Akuko na Egwu!!! The only opposition Pres GEJ has are PDP Northern Govs. If GEJ gets the PDP ticket, you'll be surprised @ the way APC will be crushed in 2015 polls.

18 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 10:07am On Mar 02, 2013
gabriel212: Am very sure APC is holding the Government house in 2015 with slide victory over the pdp( coz of division withing the party unless GEJ drop his 2nd term bid)

It obvious where GEJ is leading the PDP. Very good for the APC.

9 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gabriel212: 10:09am On Mar 02, 2013
Ozonna:

Akuko na Egwu!!! The only opposition Pres GEJ has are PDP Northern Govs. If GEJ gets the PDP ticket, you'll be surprised @ the way APC will be crushed in 2015 polls.
OK! but if you pay attention to Ogun politics, you will understand d effect of d division within a party could generate. many who GEJ bliv are his loyalist wil be working against him. n,unlike d SW, d only way GEJ could redeemed his image is to forget d political diff. he has with the SW gov. to do massive construction otherwise, he will loose many electorate.
WATCH OUT!!!

3 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by badassnigga(m): 11:08am On Mar 02, 2013
I can't wait for pdp's down fall grin

4 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by drnoel: 11:08am On Mar 02, 2013
hehehe, let the pressures continue. Anything to straighten PDP 4rm their croaked path is welcomed...
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 11:32am On Mar 02, 2013
drnoel: hehehe, let the pressures continue. Anything to straighten PDP 4rm their croaked path is welcomed...

Correct. If we are a nation of people who have minimal political sophistication then it would be obvious that the serious treat of losing power can destroy the elite-centred lootocracy Nigeria has become. The argument over whether man is innately good or bad can go on forever. What cannot be disputed is the fact that lack of deterrent/punishment for wrong-doing give rise to the sort of nation Nigeria has become.

The truth is that the PDP has operated with callous impunity for 14 years as the ruling Party. Even if Nigerians are too bigoted and biased to appreciate it, there must be punishment for what the PDP is getting away with so as to maintain evolutionary order and a march forward. Vital to vote out non-performers so that a culture of "perform or be kicked out" is enshrined. By putting in the effort, even if making mistakes in the process, humanity will get where it needs to go. Doing Nothing is not an option if a Nation is ambitious and desirous of progress.

APC has risen up to challenge a Party that is one of the worst and most ineffective in the world in my opinion. Positive-minded Nigerians should be in support of the new Party and wish it success in rattling the comfort zone a very evil Party languish in to the detriment of Nigeria.

50 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Tigerhead: 12:15pm On Mar 02, 2013
@gbawe

It would be good if the fantasies that you opposition types had was real. I would like PDP to sit up and do better, but the truth is nothing we hear is due to the opposition at least not the ACN led opposition, it is PDP attending to long needed in house cleaning. This cleaning will go on for awhile longer and may in fact get messier, but PDP will emerge leaner and much more focused and dangerous. There is no danger of the new yet to be merged party winning in 2015, you guys can only win on Nairaland and other places where your voters are called names like "Garri".

9 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
Tigerhead: @gbawe

It would be good if the fantasies that you opposition types had was real. I would like PDP to sit up and do better, but the truth is nothing we hear is due to the opposition at least not the ACN led opposition, it is PDP attending to long needed in house cleaning. This cleaning will go on for awhile longer and may in fact get messier, but PDP will emerge leaner and much more focused and dangerous. There is no danger of the new yet to be merged party winning in 2015, you guys can only win on Nairaland and other places where your voters are called names like "Garri".

Whatever floats your boat. "Opposition types"? Are people like you for real? Anyway, I am coming to accept that talking to most Nairalanders means accepting the premise that conversation will have a flavour of surrealism.

It is even normal here for many to talk in contrast to what is indeed desirable and being delivered by evolution throughout the world. Nigeria too, whether your ilk like it or not, will evolutionarily fall in line. Naturally, you and others will not want to accept this with your devotion to individuals, entities and political Parties. It will not remain acceptable for abjectly mediocre leadership to endure as society evolves. Naturally, a people growing more ambitious, more demanding, more impatience and more politically sophisticated will seek change as soon as possible. As simple as that.

Even if you have no capacity to appreciate it, we are talking of universal concepts, sweeping modern existence, that will outlive and outlast all of us. You can keep dreaming and talking according to the ridiculous conditioning your nation bestows upon you. Exposed and well-read folks know that it is ridiculous to talks as if the PDP will remain a law unto itself when the delivery of abjectly poor leadership is its main identity. The inane talk of "we will rule for 6O years" is delusional garbage, for dinosaurs like you, that can only be valid if this was 1920 and if the world was now not so well-connected making Nigerians see what obtains elsewhere to enable them appreciate they deserve far better.

34 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
The fear of IBB's endorsement is the beginning of the fall of PDP. grin

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
I am surprise that IBB is very popular amongst the underdogs, This is a Military Dictator who annulled June 12, killed MKO Abiola, and set this country backwards. This IBB should have been shamefully sacked from PDP and publicly executed if not for respect we have on past Presidents. In his very careful and maradonic move, he uttered an inconclusive statement and the APC (should I say Chloroquin) parasites are scrambling for wants of words. Is IBB relevant in today's Nigeria ? The answer is No, IBB is the reason we are in darkness. It takes a GEJ to refocus our steps.

16 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
APC is happy to be endorsed by a criminal like IBB?

Says a lot about the party.

13 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Geomac: 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
Billyonaire: I am surprise that IBB is very popular amongst the underdogs, This is a Military Dictator who annulled June 12, killed MKO Abiola, and set this country backwards. This IBB should have been shamefully sacked from PDP and publicly executed if not for respect we have on past Presidents. In his very careful and maradonic move, he uttered an inconclusive statement and the APC (should I say Chloroquin) parasites are scrambling for wants of words. Is IBB relevant in today's Nigeria ? The answer is No, IBB is the reason we are in darkness. It takes a GEJ to refocus our steps.

Why should he be publicly executed?
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
Billyonaire: I am surprise that IBB is very popular amongst the underdogs, This is a Military Dictator who annulled June 12, killed MKO Abiola, and set this country backwards. This IBB should have been shamefully sacked from PDP and publicly executed if not for respect we have on past Presidents. In his very careful and maradonic move, he uttered an inconclusive statement and the APC (should I say Chloroquin) parasites are scrambling for wants of words. Is IBB relevant in today's Nigeria ? The answer is No, IBB is the reason we are in darkness. It takes a GEJ to refocus our steps.

This is not about IBB's popularity or "modern relevance" but a fraudster and discredited charlatan like you would never realise that in your constant obsession with attacking others and holding brief for those you support clannishly. Accept it or not, the likes of IBB contributed to making the PDP what it is today. If their ilk all left the Party, divisive, crudely opportunistic and treacherous GEJ does not have the natural intelligence or vision to make the Party into anything other than a shrivelled shell. That is very good for the APC and for Nigeria.

The GEJ you claim is "refocusing steps" is only able to be where he is using the PDP platform built by the IBB's of the world even as fools like you are too blind to accept this. It will be very interesting seeing how GEJ fares in an aspect of politics his myopic opportunism and very limited ability means he is unlikely to excel at. I.e the part of politics totally about Party strength, cohesiveness and efficacy which is ultimately very necessary to the capture of the most important offices.

19 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by joeyfire(m): 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
What is IBB playing at? Once that man is involved, a million alarm bells go off in my mind. Either way no matter the party that wins, IBB's tentacles will survive. That I'm sure of.

2 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2013
ROSSIKE: APC is happy to be endorsed by a criminal like IBB?

Where did you get this in the whole article? There is no single reference to any opinion from anyone linked to the APC in the article that confirms your notion the APC is "happy to be endorsed by a criminal like IBB". Kindly show you have some capacity for staying within what is directly mentioned and factually inferred instead of fraudulently 'stretching' the parameters to suit whatever motivates your input.

If you cannot do this, limited to what the article covers, then we must assume you are now paranoid-delusional enough to ludicrously infer that the submissions of your fellow Nairalanders is the opinion of the APC. In an article exclusively concerning the opinion of Babangida and PDP leaders you somehow conclusively deduce what the position of the APC is? What a mind-reader. Can I have the lottery numbers?

32 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Sibrah: 3:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
And how come the likes of Billyonaire are just beggining to realize IBB is no longer relevant in Nigeria's politics? Gej is all that matters now right! These guys will never cease to make me laugh.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 02, 2013
[b]PDP CHIEFTAINS SUPPORTING AND POSSIBLY DECAMPING TO THE NEW BRIDE IN TOWN CALLED APC AND U GUYS ARE HAPPY?
IF PDP MEMBERS, THE SAME PEOPLE THAT HAS LOOTED THE COUNTRY AND NOW JOINED THE OTHER LOOTERS THAT FORMED APC THEN WHAT IS THE JOY? WHAT ARE WE REALLY CELEBRATING?

OK, we don't like the name pdp but we don't mind the same oppressors or criminals changing names or decamping to continue doing the same thing in as much as they don't bear the name PDP abi?

Last time i checked, its the same names that have been looting our common wealth and have been decamping from one party to the other that came to form the new bride called APC and an open invitation has also been given to members of the other looting party called PDP to come and join them in the new amalgam of oppressors.

When are we going to start making use of our brains as citizens?

we are damn too gullible, once a known criminal decamps to another party he becomes a saint and we erase all his antecedents from our brains or 1kb memory cards.

Well, our situation now is like having an option of choosing between the devil (PDP) or Satan (APC)and any choice we make gives us the same result. PDP + APC (amalgam of political criminals)= 2 sides of same coin.

the situation is just a hopeless one and the alternative is as hopeless as the former so nothing to cheer about, its just a cyclical movement with out motion.

im sure if Goodluck Johnathan decamps today even as the president to APC, he becomes a progressive automatically and the story line will change in as much as the name pdp is not mentioned, he becomes gej and not pdp the same way most of u voted gej and not pdp.
something is wrong with all of us especially we the citizens

[/b] cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

53 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by NeoXVI: 3:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
With all these news of people decamping en-masse from PDP to APC, the question on my mind is, if APC becomes the new tent for all these criminals and mediocre leaders, then what's the guarantee that it will do any better than the current PDP leadership. A party is only as good as it's members. True, APC should seek to widen it's tent, but it should not be done at the expense of credibility. All of PDP members should be barred from joining except they have some credible record. No point having another mega party full of charlatans.

17 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Afam4eva(m): 3:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
That's the hypocrisy that we're talking about. The same IBB that has been demonized by the same people are happy because he endorsed their party. I won't be surprised if the same people praise satan if he endorses their party.

8 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by joeyfire(m): 3:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
@Byrron - spot on bruv.I am beginning to see a similar pattern to how nigerians too eager to see the back of the military allowed the PDP to become the country's new devil. Then we heard rhetoric like "letting the country move forward", "safeguard nascent democracy" etc.

Now PDP is the new military and in the minds of many APC has the answers to all our problems. Nigerians are smarter than they were in 1999 I just hope we don't go to sleep again while a new monster is born.

2 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Afam4eva(m): 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2013
byrron: [b]PDP CHIEFTAINS SUPPORTING AND POSSIBLY DECAMPING TO THE NEW BRIDE IN TOWN CALLED APC AND U GUYS ARE HAPPY?
IF PDP MEMBERS, THE SAME PEOPLE THAT HAS LOOTED THE COUNTRY AND NOW JOINED THE OTHER LOOTERS THAT FORMED APC THEN WHAT IS THE JOY? WHAT ARE WE REALLY CELEBRATING?

OK, we don't like the name pdp but we don't mind the same oppressors or criminals changing names or decamping to continue doing the same thing in as much as they don't bear the name PDP abi?

Last time i checked, its the same names that have been looting our common wealth and have been decamping from one party to the other that came to form the new bride called APC and an open invitation has also been given to members of the other looting party called PDP to come and join them in the new amalgam of oppressors.

we are damn too gullible, once a known criminal decamps to another party he becomes a saint and we erase all his antecedents from our brains or 1kb memory cards.

Well, our situation now is like having an option of choosing between the devil (PDP) or Satan (APC)and any choice we make gives us the same result. PDP + APC (amalgam of political criminals)= 2 sides of same coin.

the situation is just a hopeless one and the alternative is as hopeless as the former so nothing to cheer about, its just a cyclical movement with out motion.

im sure if Goodluck Johnathan decamps today even as the president to APC, he becomes a progressive automatically and the story line will change in as much as the name pdp is not mentioned, he becomes gej and not pdp the same way most of u voted gej and not pdp.

The only thing wrong with PDP is the name. The people in the party are ok. So, they're welcome to APC. I dey laff.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by nduchucks: 3:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
I fully expect IBB, OBJ, and some very powerful PDP members to dump PDP before 2015. These powerful PDP members need to be aligned, one way or the other with the ruling party to ensure that they remain out of jail before they die.

I'm afraid GEJ has forgotten how he became the President and does not fully appreciate the fact that he is going to leave that office 2015.

Enough is Enough, Insha Allah, GEJ and PDP must leave come 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
byrron: [b]PDP CHIEFTAINS SUPPORTING AND POSSIBLY DECAMPING TO THE NEW BRIDE IN TOWN CALLED APC AND U GUYS ARE HAPPY?

Simplistic. Why do you think any PDP politician joining the APC will be anything more than just a pragmatic political acquisition for overall strength? Do you people assume we will simply have a pseudo-PDP government when the likes of Tinubu, Buhari and many other important leaders of the merger have, for many years, risked life and limb to resist the PDP? We should all learn to take our examples from what is logically obvious instead of talking as if sentiments has ruined our ability to reason..

The top CEOs in the world keep moving around because some recognise that it is beneficial to retain their expertise and specialist knowledge. Yet, it is the unique needs and aims of the companies that CEOs, wherever they are coming from, must adapt to and not the other way round.

6 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 3:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's the hypocrisy that we're talking about. The same IBB that has been demonized by the same people are happy because he endorsed their party. I won't be surprised if the same people praise satan if he endorses their party.

Simple Simon, what "hypocrisy"? You are so one-dimensional it is unreal. No one gives a rat azz for IBB's endorsement. The point , whether you can see it or not let alone admit it, is that those who made the PDP strong and a party with the much vaunted "national spread" seem determined to abandon the Party.

If IBB joined the APC today, what can he be other than a subordinate to Tinubu, Buhari, Shekarau and even new partner Rochas ? IBB cannot come to the APC to dictate to anyone or have his image laundered clean but APC strategists would be fools not understanding that it is best having Messi sitting unused on their own reserve bench than having him playing against them.

17 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Afam4eva(m): 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Simple Simon, what "hypocrisy"? You are so one-dimensional it is unreal. No one gives a rat azz for IBB's endorsement. The point , whether you can see it or not let alone admit it, is that those who made the PDP strong and a party with the much vaunted "national spread" seem determined to abandon the PDP.

If IBB joined the APC today, what can he be other than a subordinate to Tinubu, Buhari, Shekarau and even new partner Rochas? He cannot come to the APC to dictate to anyone or have his image laundered clean but APC strategists would be fools not understanding that it is best having Messi sitting unused on their own reserve bench than having him playing against them.
Will IBB and other PDP stalwarts that you guys have labelled thieves and killers suddenly become progressives once they join APC. I'm assuming those in APC currently are progressives.

IF IBB joins APC, will he be a surbodinate to Tinubu the same way all PDP members are surbodinates to Alex Ekwueme? The devil only comes to kill and to destroy and you guys have already labelled the likes of IBB devils, thieves, killers, June 12 anullers and so many other negative monikers and you think he will be washed clean as soon as he lands in APC. Now, i'm assuming everyone in APC currently are different from their PDP counterparts.

5 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by miiraaj: 3:43pm On Mar 02, 2013
ROSSIKE: APC is happy to be endorsed by a criminal like IBB?

...And the "criminal like IBB" is an ELDER of PDP!

Akuya!

8 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 3:56pm On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Will IBB and other PDP stalwarts that you guys have labelled thieves and killers suddenly become progressives once they join APC. I'm assuming those in APC currently are progressives.

Stop saying the same thing over and over again in different ways that are all united in redundancy. Every politician bring something. The APC would not be a Party with a winning mentality if it simplistically discriminates based on the past Party affiliation of potential new members.

Every candidate should pragmatically be inspected on an individual basis and managed well within the overall mission target of the APC. The APC should remain amenable to leveraging on any Political strength offered. Otherwise it has no business attempting to depose a Party that has cornered every aspect of Nigerian institutional ethos to remain in power. If people like you have your way, with you unambitious and unfeasibly populist talk, then Nigeria will keep producing Utomi and Gani Fawehinmi 'saintly' figures as challengers to the PDP. For obvious reasons, those sort, unless backed by a pragmatic political machine, will fail against the PDP in 100 attempts over 400 years.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Commissions Ebonyi State Governor's Lodge, Abuja / PDP Chairman: Those Plotting To Destroy South-West Will Not Succeed – Babatope / Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.