Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:49 AM

Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? (23745 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
Nairalanders, shall we begin?

I know this will piss off some people, but are we beholden to them?

I think for better political and social cultural cohesion of the Igbo nation on Nairaland, we should nominate and elect an Eze Ndigbo Nairaland.

We can also discuss here his functions and term of office.

Who knows what other use this can be put to? Of course other ethnic group are free to do theirs.

Nominations please.

Edited to include:

Qualities and responsibilities expected Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland
The Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland is expected to

1   understands and listens to Ndi Igbo
2   enlightens Ndi Igbo
3   guides, but does not dictate to, Ndi Igbo
4   enables and empowers Ndi Igbo
5   motivate Ndi Igbo
6   inspires Ndi Igbo
7   credits Ndi Igbo
8   helps Ndi Igbo
9   leads Ndi Igbo by example.
10 serves Ndi Igbo

Please let the above guide you in your nomination and voting. Igbos must put the best foot forward - Online, Offline!
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by lailaiwala: 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2011
obiagu
andre uweh, but he needs to stop fighting with women and calling people castrated monkeys
dede1
onlytruth
chinyereweneye

u should disqualify ak47brat
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^^
Thanks. Lets keep them coming. Top 5 nominees will be polled next week.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2011
PointB:

Shall we begin?

I know this will piss off some people, but are we beholden to them?

I think for better political and social cultural cohesion of the Igbo nation on Nairaland, we should nominate and appoint an Eze Ndigbo Nairaland.

We can also discuss here his functions and term of office.

Who knows what other use this can be put to? Of course other ethnic group are free to do theirs.

Nominations please.

LMHO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
Nyway, Point B AND Ezeuche comes to mind. Chyz lest i forget.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^^
Thanks sweetheart, in any case I am not qualified. I am the electoral officer here.

Though you are a lady you are aptly qualified for nomination. If I get favourable nomination for you, you will feature. It will be up to the voters to choose.

There is no precedence for Eze Ndi Igbo on Nairaland and since we cannot verify the s.ex of the posters I would not suggest that female cannot be virtual Eze.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^ Thanks for the vote of confidence but will be limiting my nairaland activities in the near future, so wouldn't make a good candidate. thanks all the same. wink
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
I nominate myself.

1 Like

Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by ryo(m): 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2011
is it by appointment, election or selection. and i suggest. igbo should be the official language. ya di kwara anyi nma igbo ndi oma we nmadu

1 Like

Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
ryo:

is it by appointment, election or selection. and i suggest. igbo should be the official language. ya di kwara anyi nma igbo ndi oma we nmadu

Mba, we need to accommodate Igbos at home and abroad who doesn't speak igbo.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2011
@Aigbofa, lol you are a diehard Yoruba ethnic champion. Nice one all the same. Anyway you can participate in the voting.

@bliss4life, it's well taken even though you will be missed.

@ryo, it is by nomination, then election.
This process in the worse case scenario will show us the most respected and popular Igbo on Nairaland. Subsequent, he would be expected to champion the Igbo cause same way he has been doing. Only that he will be more self conscious of that responsibility.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by egift(m): 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2011
Igbo ewegi Eze. - Igbo have no King.

We could have those we regard, respect and those whose voice count, but we do not have King. Anyone promoting one don't have a clue to what it means to have Igbo Heritage.

Alternatively, you could go for Igbo Representative (for ceremonial purpose) - Truth be told, that person will not speak on my behave or that of a true Igbo person (considering the complexities and divergence of issues here daily).
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2011
To avoid manipulation of the Igbo choice, 1. well known ethnic champion of rival ethnic group nominations will be discounted. 2. Freshly registered posters nomination will have to be seconded by a old poster without bias to rule 1 above.

3. Posters whose ethicity/loyalty have been challenged severally by well known Igbo posters will have their nomination/seconding discounted.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 4:26pm On Dec 02, 2011
We are on the same page egift. This exercise is purely for recognition. In any case having not king has not be very good politically for Igbos.

Flash back to  the bible time (the Jews an offshoot of the Igbo race or the other way round) recognized this problem and demanded for a king. Having a king, ruler, rep, or spokeman for the Igbo ethnic group is not bad in the real sense. It is goof for unity and cohesion. Time has changed so many things.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by jaybee3(m): 4:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
What qualities must they possess?
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Demdem(m): 4:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
The only igbo i respect here on nairaland is Ezianchi. i wonder where he is right now.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
@Jay bee, we can't measure qualities, follow your heart.

@demdem, is that a nomination? I havent seen him of late too. He might have gotten tired of Nairaland tribalism.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by Demdem(m): 4:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
If u dont mind, it is.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by lailaiwala: 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2011
thanks to the poster who reminded us that igbo typically have no king. being 15% igbo, i was aware of this. that is why i nominated a council of elders. cheesy

if i can add to my earlier post, i will say that eziachi, ezeuche, and chyz are also good choices to be considered.

PointB:

To avoid manipulation of the Igbo choice, 1. well known ethnic champion of rival ethnic group nominations will be discounted. 2. Freshly registered posters nomination will have to be seconded by a old poster without bias to rule 1 above.

3. Posters whose ethicity/loyalty have been challenged  severally by well known Igbo posters will have their nomination/seconding discounted.

the bolded sounds like n attempt to disqualify chinwerenemeyerechinaman. ojoro has started.  shocked

anyway, i myself will challenge someone like okija-juju. i dare anyone to nominate him. aigbofa is more igbo than he is. grin
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by manchy7531: 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2011
andre uweh,
dede1
onlytruth
PointB(you can lead the way bro)
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by jaybee3(m): 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2011
eze uche <= Why look elsewhere? cheesy
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^
Noted. But then even in the council of elders there is always a senior or leader. The final election will make it clear.

Lol at the oJoro allegations, and I couldn't help but agree to your comment about Okija_juju. That guy has managed to piss of even very moderate Igbo posters.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by nduchucks: 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
ndu_chucks gburu gburu    lipsrsealed
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ndu_Chucks go away you are not Igbo. Go and start a thread for Sultan or emirates. Lol.

Anyway I can't stop you from voting, can I? So that is your consolation.

Ndu_Chucks gburu gburu indeed. Lol
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by oderemo(m): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
The sooner we rid this country of obas and emirs ,igwe and all those titles like eze indi igbagba, the better for us all,
Confusion coming to n.l.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2011
I nominate

Okija Juju

Ifyalways

ndu Chuks

Aigbofa

and Alj harem
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^
You could have as well nominated yourself. Lol. In any case, you have won yourself the right to vote. Congratulations!
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2011
@Ode remo, noted. But we are still taking nominations. Thanks.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
Still expecting more nominations.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by aljharem3: 11:25pm On Dec 02, 2011
Point B, I don't still understand the functions of eze indigbo real life in other states not to talk of Nairaland.

I don't mind if you could explain. also I would guest he is a leader of the igbos groups so I nominate

1. I my self alj harem

2. Manny4life

3 Asha80

4. Chyz

5. ndu chuks
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by PointB: 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ahj harem the title on Niaraland is symbolic. And part of this nominating process is also to discuss what role they will be playing here especially to support the current igbo renaissance.

Thanks for your nominations. But I am afraid you and Ndu_Chucks are not qualified as Igbos. But in any case you are entitled to vote when the poll begins.
Re: Can We Have Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland? by aljharem3: 11:36pm On Dec 02, 2011
PointB:

Ahj harem the title on Niaraland is symbolic. And part of this nominating process is also to discuss what role they will be playing here especially to support the current igbo renaissance.

Thanks for your nominations. But I am afraid you and Ndu_Chucks are not qualified as Igbos. But in any case you are entitled to vote when the poll begins.

Why can't we be qualified as eze ndigbo

In fact I would remove myself given the fact that I have said some pretty horrible stuff about Igbos even though I NEVER MEANT ANY ONE OF THEM.

What of Ndu chuks ?

He understands Igbo well, interact with Igbos, and never tribalistic. so what is stopping him.

Also I forgot to add, rhymes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng / Aso Villa End Of Year Service In Pictures / Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.