Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Nigerians, Think - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, Think (1026 Views)

GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions / Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? / Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians, Think by bilms(m): 10:04am On Dec 03, 2011
Awolowo, Obasanjo, Akintolo, Tinubu and others have lead and been followed by the yoruba's. The so called leaders and their generation have been enjoying and will keep enjoying, while the followers suffered,still suffering and may continue to suffer if we fail to reason. The leaders made way for their generation yet unborn and we live in hardship and abject poverty under their leadership while th, ey live in luxury. The hausa's have followed Ahmadu Bello, Aminu Kano, Sardauna, Yar'adua,ibb,buhari and others,despite ruling the country for many years,they have nothing to show in the north as benefit to the people who followed them,yet they made ways for themselves and generation unborn. The same goes for the ibo's,they followed Azikwe,Ojukwu and others,while the followers remain poor,the leaders continue to be rich with their families taking all important appointments. Yet we endlessly defend their live style and policies,we fight and even kill ourselves for all these people. How long shall we serve them and their generations? When would we see their evil and fight it. Are we all fools? Think. AOH
Re: Nigerians, Think by Sinachay: 10:20am On Dec 03, 2011
[size=20pt]we fight and even kill ourselves for all these people.[/size]

We are related to these muffiins you know. Do you want us to kill our ancestors of corruption? grin

[size=20pt]Are we all fools? Think. AOH[/size]

Yes!
God made it so. . .for punishment for our wickedness. kiss
Re: Nigerians, Think by bilms(m): 11:25am On Dec 06, 2011
;d
Re: Nigerians, Think by Godmann(m): 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2011
bilms:

Awolowo, Obasanjo, Akintolo, Tinubu and others have lead and been followed by the yoruba's. The so called leaders and their generation have been enjoying and will keep enjoying, while the followers suffered,still suffering and may continue to suffer if we fail to reason. The leaders made way for their generation yet unborn and we live in hardship and abject poverty under their leadership while th, ey live in luxury. The hausa's have followed Ahmadu Bello, Aminu Kano, Sardauna, Yar'adua,ibb,buhari and others,despite ruling the country for many years,they have nothing to show in the north as benefit to the people who followed them,yet they made ways for themselves and generation unborn. The same goes for the ibo's,they followed Azikwe,Ojukwu and others,while the followers remain poor,the leaders continue to be rich with their families taking all important appointments. Yet we endlessly defend their live style and policies,we fight and even kill ourselves for all these people. How long shall we serve them and their generations? When would we see their evil and fight it. Are we all fools? Think. AOH

To him that is wise let him read, hear and learn; You have said it all.

Though not all the names mentioned were selfish; or rather some have sincerely contributed to our collective wellbeing, but in the final analysis, we must open our eyes to the manipulations and lies by our so called leaders [size=15pt]who presently have all turned criminals[/size]
Re: Nigerians, Think by yomideola: 3:43pm On Dec 06, 2011
true talk,
Re: Nigerians, Think by bilms(m): 10:10am On Dec 07, 2011
good point
Re: Nigerians, Think by Kobojunkie: 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2011
Nigerians to think? That will be the day! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians, Think by bilms(m): 10:53am On Dec 10, 2011
lol
Re: Nigerians, Think by manmustwac(m): 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2011
Nigerians can't think for themselves.
Re: Nigerians, Think by nanidee(f): 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2011
So what happens after the thinking then?
Re: Nigerians, Think by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Dec 10, 2011
hm . . . . undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided that is a strange question you asked there.
Re: Nigerians, Think by nanidee(f): 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2011
Yeah.

I asked that because I think Nigerians know all these things. Its more a case of 'who-will-bell-the-cat'.
Re: Nigerians, Think by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2011
I don't think or believe because the average Nigerian I have encountered spends little time pondering the consequences of their actions but are instead swift to action. And this has been the majority of my experience.

If the average person spent time thinking, they would realize that they did not have to worry much about who ends up belling the cat since all they would need to do in that instance is cast their vote for the  better option on the ballots and POOF . . . . change is set in motion.

If even half of the about 70 million people, who voted last March-April, spent even a day or two thinking of the power of the vote in their hands before casting it, each would have individually succeeded in belling this cat at the individual level, which is really all we need to do to start the ball rolling.
Re: Nigerians, Think by nanidee(f): 1:20am On Dec 11, 2011
Trust ♍e, a lot of Nigerians know that tĦey are not really making the right choices of leaders. TĦey have also seen over the years, the consequences of choices made by them, but tĦey choose to ignore their thoughts and move on as though nothing is wrong.

I believe so many people have thought about how the nation - Nigeria has retrogressed due to bad leadership and the inability of the citizens to stand up for their rights, but hardly would you see these people express their feelings, and this is because many are too caught up in the thought that 'one day, iτ̅ 'll be good'. Or should I say 'one day ee go better'.
Re: Nigerians, Think by Kobojunkie: 2:13am On Dec 11, 2011
nanidee:

Trust ♍e, a lot of Nigerians know that tĦey are not really making the right choices of leaders. TĦey have also seen over the years, the consequences of choices made by them, but tĦey choose to ignore their thoughts and move on as though nothing is wrong.

I believe so many people have thought about how the nation - Nigeria has retrogressed due to bad leadership and the inability of the citizens to stand up for their rights, but hardly would you see these people express their feelings, and this is because many are too caught up in the thought that 'one day, iτ̅ 'll be good'. Or should I say 'one day ee go better'.

While I still believe what the vast majority do cannot be considered THINKING as THINKING itself involves engaging one's faculty and gaining a better understanding of the problems around oneself and then by deliberating carefully, gaining a deeper meaning and understanding of what must be done in order to cause change, either in the positive or negative direction.

What many I have met and talked to, even here on Nairaland, do is react to stimuli. Majority do not necessarily have a near good understanding of the problems around , even in their own lives, and are all too willing to continue wallowing in ignorance than accept that they need to work at unravelling the puzzle set before them.

You see this even in Nigerians abroad. Many tend to accept what is before them without much questioning except for the usual "THEY ARE AGAINST ME" ramblings we are used to hearing. The "e go better" mentality is also exhibited by many of those here and it baffles me how resistant to processing information correctly even those here remain, even after so many years away from Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians, Think by nanidee(f): 6:55am On Dec 11, 2011
Lol @ reacting to stimuli.

If a good number of people react to stimuli, then I dare say part of our problems would be solved. Because most of the problems present in Nigeria now are as a result of complacency. Its still boils down to the 'ee go better' syndrome, because for there to be a 'reaction to stimulus', iτ̅ means that there is an awareness of bad decisions made. In order words, even in a situation where tĦey have not sat down to analyze the effect of their decisions in the long-run, tĦey are already aware of the poor choices made, which brings ♍e back to my original question. - 'after thinking then what next'.

I dare say that up untill now, Nigerians have had their leaders imposed on them, which everyone is aware of. For so many years, the Nigerian populace accepted whatever was metted to them. Most people have come to realise that these leaders do not have the interest of the people at heart, but assume power to fulfill their own personal greed. Nigerians are aware of the monies looted by these cronies, and the many problems that would have been solved with these lootings. TĦey are aware of what this means for the future of their own children. TĦey know that the country has been run-down by terrible leaders, tĦey are fully aware of what the OP has mentioned, which is one reason you see people rejoicing and cursing at any misfortune that befalls people in government. TĦey rejoice at the demise of those in the chains of power, because tĦey have taken the time to think/realise evrything the OP talked about. If all Nigerians had been 'reacting to stimuli', then Nigeria wouldn't be in the mess iτ̅ is today, which has been caused by taking a seat and watching, while the situation gets worse. Watching excerpts from the last election, I could see the passion with which Nigerians wanted change, how tĦey craved good governance and trust-worthy leaders. I even watched observed that so many Nigerians spoke towards a better society where their children could have a better life. Why? Because tĦey have thought of previous governments, and are aware of what the future holds if such people were allowed to continue in power. There was a hunger for change because tĦey were just fed-up. Now, as events unfold, Nigerians are more WELL AWARE of the declining rate of the country, tĦey are aware of who gets to reap the consequences of bad governance, tĦey are aware of all these and much more, but then,what are tĦey doing about iτ̅ ? what next?
Re: Nigerians, Think by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2011
"Aware" suggests one at least has some good understanding. Many are still unaware of what is going on  in their environment. So many more accept, without much processing, that which they are fed by sycophants and other uninformed elements in the society, and so you have a vastly ignorant populace, who delegate the process of thinking to elements who they have chosen to feed them information. And in turn, these elements, rather than doing actual thinking, prefer to react to stimuli.

On thinking before reacting, there are lots of evidence of this not being the case, right here on Nairaland. You only need to open one or two threads to find this. So many are ruled by their hate for other, that they rarely process information presented them before reacting. You look at a lot of threads. Read the conversations and you immediately find the same group of people reacting to information without ensuring they even understand what is presented in front of them. Some, do not even bother making sure they understand what a conversation is about, but all too often jump in to insult themselves and their upbringing by revealing how disconnected they are from the thinking process.

On reacting to stimuli, of course Nigerians act. The people are definitely not docile. They are very much active, only they tend to act according to stimuli -- created mostly by those with an ulterior motives. How else would you explain the many riots, massacre's in the name of politics, religion, tribalism? If half of those who went out to carry out these acts would think, I am certain, we would have less of the senseless killings than we do today.
Re: Nigerians, Think by Godmann(m): 8:28am On Dec 12, 2011
Guys

An average guys acts based on emotions. It is only few people that have the capacity to think. It's a duty on the "thinking people" to direct the others.

This is the way God created our world. The Developed countries are better not because their people are better than us, but because their "thinking" types are in governance. While colonization and neo-colonialism ensured our "thinking" ones never get to rule us.

That's the way the West manipulate us.

Let our "thinking" type rise and lead us in a fight to liberate our land.

To me. We are in slavery live the Jews of old. This slavery began over 400 years ago when Africa was conquered. Do not honestly have the time time to explain these things out; but the whole slavery, colonisation and "flag" independence granted to us in Africa are but a stage-managed Captivity.

Unless we fight (not with guns but with our heads), we will never win our freedom guys.

Let get this into our heads.
Re: Nigerians, Think by Thatdave(m): 10:21am On Dec 12, 2011
when it was time to vote we came out enmasse and voted GEJ .
We also voted our governors and senators.
Some of us even died in the process.
So what the hell are you diasporeans (lost kinsmen) talking about 'average nigerian' ? And 'thinking' .
Because we didnt vote who you wanted? Such is life, sometimes you loose and loose again and again.
You read nigeria on newspaper websites and come to forums to spit thrash.
In your embalmed brain nigerians are only smart when they take to the streets and degenerate the nation into a state of anarchy.
'you have lost touch with reality on the present political situation of nigeria.' - GEJ
Re: Nigerians, Think by Godmann(m): 12:16pm On Dec 12, 2011
Thatdave:

when it was time to vote we came out enmasse and voted GEJ .
We also voted our governors and senators.
Some of us even died in the process.
So what the hell are you diasporeans (lost kinsmen) talking about 'average nigerian' ? And 'thinking' .
Because we didnt vote who you wanted? Such is life, sometimes you loose and loose again and again.
You read nigeria on newspaper websites and come to forums to spit thrash.
In your embalmed brain nigerians are only smart when they take to the streets and degenerate the nation into a state of anarchy.
'you have lost touch with reality on the present political situation of nigeria.' - GEJ

Are we better when we sit back and lavish without jobs, without food to eat?

Are we better when we allow our average life span to be 47? Will you want to die at 47, because that is the age that an average Nigerian dies?

Don be a coward!

The mistake you guys make is to associate Revolution with waste of human life. This is not always true.
1. Revolution is just but a change forced on the ruling class. If you through European histories, you will see they have series of Revolution (Some violent and some not.) It is not for me and you to determine which Revolution will be violent or not. It is the ruling class that determines that. When the masses are determined for a change, the ruling class will want to counter them by force giving birth to possible loss of lives. If they ruling class perceives are reasonable or perceives there is no way they can win by force, they will yield to the demands of the masses.
2. Secondly, you can never reach a compromise with a thief. The ruling class knows quite well that they are destroying the country. But they also know that they are beneficiaries of this evil system. As a result they will never give up their advantage unless they are forced to. If you keep pleading for their understanding without element of threat, they will never give up. It is natural for humans to want to keep any advantage they have over others. The thieves will never give up those advantages unless they perceive forceful action that will put them to advantage. The fear of the people’s reaction can force a change. But if we all remain docile and pray that they will change; I bet they will never. Imagine your Jonathan who has just entered Aso Rock from poverty. He bought his first car by 1996 (a rickety car at that), but today he has forgotten his roots because he want to keep the advantage he has just gained over us. That is the way human minds work. You force change. You don’t plead for it.
3. Lastly, I wonder why you refused to answer my question. I want some one to tell me a progressive country on earth that has not passed through some kind of forceful demand for change by their people? This is what we are lacking. We need to awaken our people from slumber. We need to put it on their head that this government is our and must be accountable to us. We need to put it on every body’s head – both the governed and the government.
4. As for dying. Forget it. No one will die. If they try killing peaceful demonstrators, the International court will go after them. It is easier for them to kill in secret and this they have done and keep doing to date. But they will never have the gut to kill innocent and peaceful demonstrators. All we need do is to get all the international media to cover any protest and to make sure the protest is peaceful.
5. There are forces strong than that from the barrels of the gun. The force of justice, the force of logic any day will defeat crude guns. Never you be afraid of one.
6. And if you die fighting for justice, heaven becomes a sure gift. Always ask yourself, knowing fully that we will all die: He that dies today and he that dies yesterday, who is better? None. Will you want to die an uncelebrated coward, or would you want to die a celebrated heaven bound hero? Why didn’t Christ and the apostle’s abandon the Christian fate because of the deaths that awaited them?
7. What matters about death is the pains you might go through during the dying process and the people you will miss. Nothing more. Let get this into our head. Nothing can stop us from pursuing our rightful demands.
Re: Nigerians, Think by bilms(m): 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2012
/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Arrests Boko Haram 'head' Muhammed Hamza Aliyu / Can Someone Tell Me What Boko Haram Is All About: With Is Dis Bombing?please Tell Me What Th / El-rufai On Twitter #fuelsubsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.