Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

No North, No Nigeria -gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No North, No Nigeria -gowon (3352 Views)

Da Fvck Is South South? Why No North North Or West West Or East East? / Why Is There ''south South'' But No '' North North'' In Nigeria? / Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No North, No Nigeria -gowon by chino11(m): 10:27am On Dec 06, 2011
Apparently worried about insecurity in the North, the former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon has said that division in the region would cost the entire country disunity.
Gowon who spoke yesterday in Kaduna as the Chairman of the occasion on the peace conference organized by the Arewa Consultative Forum, (ACF) pointed out that the region has made sacrifices through states creation to keep the country one.

He therefore called on groups like ACF, Ohaneze, South-south Peoples Assembly, Afenifere, Middle Belt and other Nigerians to strengthen their ties and entrench unity in diversity.
“The North has always keep Nigeria together. The creation of states was one of the sacrifices of the North to keep Nigeria together. We must not fail in our duty of oneness to keep Nigeria together.”

“The nation expects the North to make certain sacrifices for their mutual wellbeing. We have a responsibility to restore confidence in our diverse people and ensure the prosperity of North within the context of a united Nigeria.
“ Given the passion for the current leadership of the ACF, I have no doubt in my mind that this conference marked the revival of the Northern states and the restoration of its founding legacies in socio-cultural development, economic development, religious harmony, security, political growth within the context of one united Nigeria.

“ In this regard, I call on all Nigerians to look at the existence of groups such as ACF, Ohaneze, South-south Peoples Assembly, Afenifere, Middle Belt and not have reasons to pull apart or break away as a nation, but based on strengthening our ties and entrenching our unity in diversity. These groups constantly remind us that we must continue to appeal to God to reengineer our corporate existence and cooperation as a nation by showing sensitivity and maintaining focus on our goal for a one united Nigeria.”

“The trust of the conference and the theme, ‘peace and Unity for development’ is very necessary in view of the recent challenges of insecurity, inter communal, inter religious and inter ethnic conflicts, religious crisis, political upheaval and acts bordering on criminality and inexplicable man’s inhumanity to man and other forms of social unrest nationwide.”
“All these are threatening to redefine the character of the once peaceful, united and promising nation and of particular concern to us is the development in the Northern states. Therefore, this conference is concerned about the challenges and the need to salvage the legacies of our founding fathers which are showing signs of imminent collapse.”

“What is happening today is not the Nigeria and the North we inherited and for us, it cannot be the North we desire to bequeath to our children. The present North was not bequeathed to us neither and our children responsible for it. We have, over the years through our action or inaction, directly or indirectly allowed the gradual decent to present disagreeable and unacceptable behaviours in our communities and the entire North. We now must show seriousness, courage and responsibility in addressing these challenges squarely without fear, favour or mudslinging,” Gowon said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/dec/06/national-06-12-2011-0013.html
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 06, 2011
chino11:

Apparently worried about insecurity in the North, the former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon has said that division in the region would cost the entire country disunity.
Gowon who spoke yesterday in Kaduna as the Chairman of the occasion on the peace conference organized by the Arewa Consultative Forum, (ACF) pointed out that the region has made sacrifices through states creation to keep the country one.

He therefore called on groups like ACF, Ohaneze, South-south Peoples Assembly, Afenifere, Middle Belt and other Nigerians to strengthen their ties and entrench unity in diversity.
“The North has always keep Nigeria together. The creation of states was one of the sacrifices of the North to keep Nigeria together. We must not fail in our duty of oneness to keep Nigeria together.”

“The nation expects the North to make certain sacrifices for their mutual wellbeing. We have a responsibility to restore confidence in our diverse people and ensure the prosperity of North within the context of a united Nigeria.
“ Given the passion for the current leadership of the ACF, I have no doubt in my mind that this conference marked the revival of the Northern states and the restoration of its founding legacies in socio-cultural development, economic development, religious harmony, security, political growth within the context of one united Nigeria.

“ In this regard, I call on all Nigerians to look at the existence of groups such as ACF, Ohaneze, South-south Peoples Assembly, Afenifere, Middle Belt and not have reasons to pull apart or break away as a nation, but based on strengthening our ties and entrenching our unity in diversity. These groups constantly remind us that we must continue to appeal to God to reengineer our corporate existence and cooperation as a nation by showing sensitivity and maintaining focus on our goal for a one united Nigeria.”

“The trust of the conference and the theme, ‘peace and Unity for development’ is very necessary in view of the recent challenges of insecurity, inter communal, inter religious and inter ethnic conflicts, religious crisis, political upheaval and acts bordering on criminality and inexplicable man’s inhumanity to man and other forms of social unrest nationwide.”
“All these are threatening to redefine the character of the once peaceful, united and promising nation and of particular concern to us is the development in the Northern states. Therefore, this conference is concerned about the challenges and the need to salvage the legacies of our founding fathers which are showing signs of imminent collapse.”

What is happening today is not the Nigeria and the North we inherited and for us, it cannot be the North we desire to bequeath to our children. The present North was not bequeathed to us neither and our children responsible for it. We have, over the years through our action or inaction, directly or indirectly allowed the gradual decent to present disagreeable and unacceptable behaviours in our communities and the entire North. We now must show seriousness, courage and responsibility in addressing these challenges squarely without fear, favour or mudslinging,” Gowon said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/dec/06/national-06-12-2011-0013.html

Dear Sir, it might not be the Nigeria you inherited, but it is the the Nigeria you created. Let me ask you sir, was genocide the "nigeria you inherited or the one you created?". You stood and watched with satisfaction when children and women butchered and my question is this, "Was is it the nigeria you created or the one you inherited?"

Sir, the berons are crying and they need you. Charity begins at home.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by blacksta(m): 11:34am On Dec 06, 2011
This man don kolo - One minute he says he regrets state creation and the next he states that the creation of more states in the north unites Nigeria. How you work that one out baffles the hell out of me.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Pharoh: 11:53am On Dec 06, 2011
^^

You did not understand the meaning of his statement i guess.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Kx: 11:56am On Dec 06, 2011
What has north contributed to nigeria other than military coups/leaders and boko haram?
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by chino11(m): 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2011
At least they have contributed boko haramists.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Yeske2(m): 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2011
Nonsense.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by asorocker: 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2011
@Gowon , the north is gradually getting finished, and Nigeria will continue without the north, i wonder how the main objective of a tribe or race or even a region will be to keep a nation one, ot rather to be part and parcel of a nation and prevent others from leaving even when all seems not to be working otu with the nation , i really pity this ideology of northerns whos only achievement is preventing or trying to prevent an unworkable union.

@ nairalanders i think the peopl who kept nigeria united where the fromer Soviet union and the Great Britain
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by ak47mann(m): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by blacksta(m): 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2011
Pharoh:

^^

You did not understand the meaning of his statement i guess.

Explain , as it sound contradictory
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by ak47mann(m): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2011
now we can see that these northern people have nothing to offer,all the ill advise they were getting back in the days to keep Nigeria one by all means,it seems like those advice are not coming through anymore even the western world is scared to advise north cos of terrorism.
Now power is now out of their hand they cant think on how to tackle it and gain their former glory burn to rule tactical, that always work for them but not anymore those foreigners that was giving them ill advise have distance themselves from northern cabals.

They took another ill advise to use boko harams to put southerners on-check but it back fired on them,now it is now a big problem in their region chasing even investors away tell me who is the fool here? they think to maneuver people mind all the time is easy? you need real thinkers to do that and northerners in Nigeria don't have that, you see western world have been doing it for yrs b/4 others start noticing it,and still they still find ways to maneuver developing countries indirectly.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by aljharem3: 1:10pm On Dec 06, 2011
ak47mann:

now we can see that these northern people have nothing to offer,all the ill advise they were getting back in the days to keep Nigeria one by all means,it seems like those advice are not coming through anymore even the western world is scared to advise north cos of terrorism.
Now power is now out of their hand they cant think on how to tackle it and gain their former glory burn yo rule tactical, that always work for them but not anymore those foreigners that was giving them ill advise have distance themselves from northern cabals.

T[b]hey took another ill advise to use boko harams to put southerners on-check but it back fired on them,now it is now a big problem in their region chasing even investors away tell me who is the fool here?[/b] they think to maneuver people mind all the time is easy? you need real thinkers to do that and northerners in Nigeria don't have that, you see western world have been doing it for yrs b/4 others start noticing it,and still they still find ways to maneuver developing countries indirectly.

Good Question, Nigerians are not foolls here

Look I would make this clear to you and would ever cares to read

1. People making sentiments against the north are not honest with themselves

2. The plan is simple, First remove northerners

then remove middle belters

then few years down the line remove westerners

thus making less mouth to feed in the so called black Gold. That is the plan.

I would urge people not to fall for this plan, is it the so called southerners like You, Nchara, seanto02, killayut etc that want to form a country together ?

The amount of hate posters like Nchara have posted here about Yorubas first before other SS would make you think that what it is the point of Nigeria when I am hated on all sides

I am waiting for a day people like you and Nchara would say something NO JUST ONE THING positive about Northerners or your southern friends and Neighbour such as the westerners

Just one thing.

Even as loud mouth as yorubas are on this forum, I still sense a bit of sanity in them when compared to like of Nchara or noiseless.

So every Nigerian inculding Igbos should ask, what is the problem with Nigeria.

It is simple if you think deep enough and try to put yourselves in the Hausa man's shoe, yoruba man's shoe, Igbo man's shoe etc

then Look at things from there different point of view and see what they all have in common.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by nku5: 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2011
Like Peter Tosh said - You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time. What's going on in the north happens to be the fruits of seeds the northern elite has been sowing for decades. Its funny how history repeats itself, Gowon is again the "face" of the northern establishment and he's a middle belter. It goes beyond speeches because the snake has hatched and is about to strike the caliphate in the arse. I guess they thought almajiris could be controlled forever. They are starting to recognise that their worst nightmare - the rage of the poor, is getting closer
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by warrior01: 1:23pm On Dec 06, 2011
@al jarem
ol' boy, keep quiet before i shut that your gworo mouth for you. can't you just understand you've never made any sense on this forum. is it not what you sowed that you guys are reaping? you can't fool the populace especially the middle beltans anymore. just face it; there is nothing like one north
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by T8ksy(m): 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2011
Gowon is right on the mark. Nigeria = north, North= nigeria.

It has always been like this ever since we were granted independence.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by icez: 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2011
warrior01:

@al jarem
ol' boy, keep quiet before i shut that your gworo mouth for you. can't you just understand you've never made any sense on this forum. is it not what you sowed that you guys are reaping? you can't fool the populace especially the middle beltans anymore. just face it; there is nothing like one north

Thank you jare.

He is bloody hypocrite and liar. angry

Always trying to make southerners attack each other (yoruba vs igbo, igbo vs ss, ss vs yoruba)

While making hausa/fulani look like saints.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by aljharem3: 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2011
warrior01:

@al jarem
icez:

Thank you jare.

He is bloody hypocrite and liar. angry

Always trying to make southerners attack each other (yoruba vs igbo, igbo vs ss, ss vs yoruba)

While making hausa/fulani look like saints.

I am not hausa/fulani, I am a southerner like you all.

I am not trying to cause any fight between southern groups but unity.

There should be no reason why igbo or yorubas should be fighting at the first place.

An average igbo person or yoruba person has yoruba and igbo blood in them respectivally so who are you going to fight or insult other than yourselves.

Just though I should let you know.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by ShangoThor(m): 2:53pm On Dec 06, 2011
Gowon is an enemy of Reason and Progress. Gowon remains 'A Grand Over-Seer', 'A Chain-gang Master' of this estate, this territory which was formed by the British Colonial vampires, whose task is/was to keep the status-quo intact at any cost and to maintain our tenant-esq status within it.

Note that he does not emphasize or discern constitutional rights such as the Citizens right to security or freedom from persecution or even choice.

Africans (Nigerians) think they are free, the freedom they think they have is based on the Sovereignty of the State, and this is the 'Grand Illusion'. The Sovereignty of the State is severely restricted to maintaining the Status Quo and order by any means necessary and distributing financial crumbs. This is why the apparatus of State has specialized in efficiently and brutally slaughtering sections of the population that resist this set up.

Most of the Nigerian Bourgeois are brainwashed 'Uncle Toms', because even though they know the truth they lack the courage and conviction to change the status quo. These 'Uncle Toms' implicitly and explicitly reinforce the notion that the 'Black African is childlike and thus lack the sophistication to make choices pertaining to the constitution of the territories of the State, and the living conditions within the State, hence we remain tenants within the polity.

Like them or loathe them, that is what Boko Haram represents. A true challenge to the legacy of the colonial vampires. I believe that they do have a right to 'self determination' just like other regions and I wish them luck, even though I don't completely agree with their methods.

It is extremely important that we produce super intelligent leaders that will not only challenge this 'status quo' but will push towards pre-colonial notions of communal Sovereignty in a bid to forge a more inclusive Nation State after demarcation.

Gowon himself is a big failure, the Queens Poodle, a member of our Fathers generation that completely failed this Nation.

The sooner we get a U.N. sponsored referendum the better. Let the people exercise their 'birth-right', give them a choice.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by yomideola: 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2011
all lies,
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by chosen04(f): 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2011
gowon is a lost soul!!!!!!!!!!
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Chyz2: 6:52pm On Dec 06, 2011
alj_harem:

An average igbo person or yoruba person has yoruba and igbo blood in them respectivally so who are you going to fight or insult other than yourselves.

Not true. An average Yoruba person has Igbo blood in him. The average Igbo doesn't.Or if you think that is too far fetch you can say the average yoruba and igbo person has one another as a relative.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Chyz2: 6:54pm On Dec 06, 2011
In fact which Yoruba or Igbo here doesn't have a person from the opposite tribe in your family? lets be honest.

Waiting for replies. . . . .
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 06, 2011
Chyz*:

In fact which Yoruba or Igbo here doesn't have a person from the opposite tribe in your family? lets be honest.

Waiting for replies. . . . .

My friend's friend's friend's family.

But then, she's not here.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Chyz2: 6:58pm On Dec 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

My friend's friend's friend's family.

But then, she's not here.

I see you are looking for my trouble today.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by aurenflani: 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2011
ALL OF YOU TRIBAL CHAMPIONS LISTEN! "TO KEEP NIGERIA ONE IS A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE"

This was the plan and must continue this way! The stupid southern majors have a similar disease which overpowered their minds and they acted - u ppl here are only barking - these five majors that tried to bite have seen how illusive it was.

The army under Gowon only responded to change that regional system so that another event no matter how devastating to the country's unity cannot result in a break up.

Mango Park was not paid 28 thousand pounds to discover yoruba, igbo or hausa. It has always being about the wealth: The north & south would always have chosen ppl to watch it for d big ogas while enjoying same themselves irrespecting of ur baby cries. Ndo, kpele, sannu - we will be providing u with d slave job. Don't cry.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2011
Chyz*:

I see you are looking for my trouble today.

Yea kinda, plead the 7th. NL is too dry today.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Chyz2: 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2011
aurenflani:

ALL OF YOU TRIBAL CHAMPIONS LISTEN! "TO KEEP NIGERIA ONE IS A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE"

This was the plan and must continue this way! The silly southern majors have a similar disease which overpowered their minds and they acted - u ppl here are only barking - these five majors that tried to bite have seen how illusive it was.

The army under Gowon only responded to change that regional system so that another event no matter how devastating to the country's unity cannot result in a break up.

Mango Park was not paid 28 thousand pounds to discover yoruba, igbo or hausa. It has always being about the wealth: The north & south would always have chosen ppl to watch it for d big ogas while enjoying same themselves irrespecting of your baby cries. Ndo, kpele, sannu - we will be providing u with d slave job. Don't cry.

Why must it be done? What would be the detriment to the ethnic groups if not in nigeria?
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Chyz2: 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Yea kinda, plead the 7th. NL is too dry today.

You're funny. It's plead the 5th.how'z abt putting up another photo. Been long enuff dont ya think? grin
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2011
Chyz*:

You're funny. It's plead the 5th.how'z abt putting up another photo. Been long enuff dont ya think? grin

Why dont you put one up, for your fellow man-loving-men on NL.  grin
It's plead the 7th in actuality. Plz do not correct a law degree aspirant.
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Chyz2: 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Why dont you put one up, for your fellow man-loving-men on NL. grin
It's plead the 7th in actuality. Plz do not correct a law degree aspirant.

Don't attach any gaggazoid qualities to me. btw, you iz not the only aspirant and im sticking to "It's plead the 5th"
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2011
Chyz*:

Don't attach any gaggazoid qualities to me. btw, you iz not the only aspirant and im sticking to "It's plead the 5th"

Dont be rude, that characteristic is very distasteful in men.  Are you also an aspirant? OMG!!! My world has collapsed. So fun mi wipe iro ni.  embarassed
Re: No North, No Nigeria -gowon by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2011
*Looking up the meaning of gaggazoid*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Can't Jonathan ARREST And LOCK UP Obasanjo? I'm Losing My Patience / (photo) Current Environmental Situation Of Ariaria International Market Aba / RECESSION: Ngeneukwenu(f) Scolds Critics With Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.