Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable (12017 Views)

You Should Respect And Appreciate Your Woman More / Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? / Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2011
I have this friend who will never date anybody out of his class.
According to him the status and position of a lady means everything to him because it has a great impact on his ego.

I have seen it play here too. No wonder we have all these never ending polls daily.Everyone wants to be famous for reasons best known to them.
A op even mentioned that the second name of a girl determines if he will date her or not. Reason? she must come from a famous/known family.
Why would that be of importance really? will it improve your life or make your relationship sweeter?

I know for sure that people born in famous families don't need to open doors by themselves.They open as soon as they hand over their biz cards.
They carry a 'favour tag' everywhere they go and everbody wants them in their biz circle.

So is fame and popularity admirable in a relationship and why? would you prefer a famous lady over who is not known outside her court?
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Flashaldrin(m): 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2011
reasons people prefer fame;

1. inferiority complex
2. access
3. assets
4. to gain popularity
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2011
^ ^ you did not answer.Need to know if the fame associated with you makes you more desirable
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Flashaldrin(m): 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2011
the answer is there. look well.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Flashaldrin(m): 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2011
pendo89:

So is fame and popularity admirable in a relationship and why? would you prefer a famous lady over who is not known outside her court?
to answer your question more directly, not everybody admires fame in a relationship, most people who do are due to the reasons i gave in the first post.
and since almost everyone needs one of those, you have to agree it adds extra incentive to the relationship, though it shouldn't be a priority.
there are some people that dont like it at all sha,
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2011
N to the O.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2011
Flashaldrin:

to answer your question more directly, not everybody admires fame in a relationship, most people who do are due to the reasons i gave in the first post.
and since almost everyone needs one of those, you have to agree it adds extra incentive to the relationship, though it shouldn't be a priority.

There is ur answer.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Flashaldrin(m): 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2011
angry angry angry smiley
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by freecocoa(f): 7:36pm On Dec 10, 2011
Of a truth, having a famous name is an advantage I must say cos it mostly opens doors,an igbo adage says that he who has someone with a known name is better than he who has money,but I won't say it makes one more desirable in a relationship(at least not for me),most people who desire to be in a relationship with famous people,often have a penchant for wanting to be seen,are gold diggers or just need it as an ego booster cos many from the class mentioned usually have inferiority complex.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by iice(f): 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2011
@Topic
Mostly yes.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by tellwisdom: 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2011
Maka gini nkwanu?? angry angry . The fame reach punny?? undecided undecided
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2011
Those who go for famous/popular partners often do so cos they desire much more from their relationships. They have often been there done that, and at later instances the worth of a relationship begins to lie in what it can fetch them. For such people, relationships should provide much more than the usual company or se.x. Better additions include a broader social circle, rich friends and a sure path to success. Famous partners pretty much bring this their way. . and really, no one should begrudge them these preference undecided
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2011
freecocoa:

Of a truth, having a famous name is an advantage I must say cos it mostly opens doors,an igbo adage says that he who has someone with a known name is better than he who has money,but I won't say it makes one more desirable in a relationship(at least not for me),most people who desire to be in a relationship with famous people,often have a penchant for wanting to be seen,are gold diggers or just need it as an ego booster cos many from the class mentioned usually have inferiority complex.

Now that is an interesting observation.

The famous boy/girl insearch of a famous person suffers from 'superiority complex' (wonder if its a good thing depending on where you are) undecided
The infamous one searching for fame suffers from 'inferiority complex' undecided

I think I agree with you.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Flashaldrin(m): 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2011
so when i first said it you no hear am abi?? embarassed embarassed
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2011
Flashaldrin:

so when i first said it you no hear am abi?? embarassed embarassed

heheh dude. she made an interesting observation which I like. Her answer was it doesnt make you more desirable angry abi?
you are famous. smiley

sauer:

Those who go for famous/popular partners often do so cos they desire much more from their relationships. They have often been there done that, and at later instances the worth of a relationship begins to lie in what it can fetch them.

interesting. now what have they been doing wrong that makes them seek fame? It means they don't know what relationships are about and therefore seek other things which only fame can satisfy, like networking and friends not love or passion.

'For such people, relationships should provide much more than the usual company or se.x. Better additions include a broader social circle, rich friends and a sure path to success. Famous partners pretty much bring this their way. . and really, no one should begrudge them these preference undecidedExactly what am talking about smiley

Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by tellwisdom: 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2011
pkwendo89, the fame reach punny?? undecided undecided
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Flashaldrin(m): 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2011
pendo89:

you are famous. smiley

embarassed embarassed
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by MrsChima1(f): 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2011
Pendo89

Ask my manbitches. wink
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by 195(f): 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2011
Upendo - Can we have s[i]e[/i]x smiley
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2011
@pendo89, it doesn't mean they don't know what relationships are about. I disagree with you. It simply means they favour other preferences in their partner, perhaps cos of the life they look forward to living or are already living. Who says relationships are exclusively about love and passion? Who puts out the standards defining relations between two (or more) parties? I would argue relationships might as well be for the purpose of networking as they are for the purpose of sexu.al gratification, or perhaps love.

And to directly answer your question: yes, popularity or fame makes any person more desirable
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by MrCork17: 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2011
Pendo. sweeery u sound like a Wifey material unlike Mrs Chima. can u cook? tongue
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 10, 2011
No. infact to me those whose only goal in life is to be famous and popular are more pathetic than attractive.

This pathethic ideology of "being somebody" as being the equivalent of being well known is the result of such sad ppl having power and influence. I just dont buy into it because those folks are usually the most miserable and spend their whole life fronting for others. Dont want them as friends muchless lovers.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2011
lol chima
190 u r under a magun spell rem! angry
Cork. yes I cook corks esp this coming season.

sauer:

@pendo89, it doesn't mean they don't know what relationships are about. I disagree with you. It simply means they favour other preferences in their partner, perhaps cos of the life they look forward to living or are already living. Who says relationships are exclusively about love and passion? Who puts out the standards defining relations between two (or more) parties? I would argue relationships might as well be for the purpose of networking as they are for the purpose of sexu.al gratification, or perhaps love.

And to directly answer your question: yes, popularity or fame makes any person more desirable

love and networking. the latter being critical among biz savvy people.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by MrCork17: 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2011
Pendo sweery forget 190. Nyansh me instead. am biggger!! wink
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by tellwisdom: 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2011
Upendo - Can we Be ssex  wink

grin grin grin
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by MrsChima1(f): 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Pendo. sweeery u sound like a Wifey material unlike Mrs Chima. can u cook? tongue

You 1.7 cork gey donkey!  Pendo likes STRAIGHT MEN!
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Yorisb: 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2011
@Topic

Somewhat, yes. . .
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

You 1.7 cork gey donkey!  Pendo likes STRAIGHT MEN!

Mr, Cork:

Pendo sweery forget 190. Roast me instead.  am biggger!! wink

awsome. i have invited my whole family over for cork meat. so roast or baked? checking out the best recipe.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Yorisb: 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2011
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2011
i wouldnt advise anybody to go into a relationship where fame is a measuring yardstick because if u lose ur standing, instead of your 'fame-loving' partner to help you up, they'll go for d next personality on top of the fame-triangle,
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by pendo89(f): 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2011
Yorisb:

@Topic

Somewhat, yes. . .

angry
why?

Imanuelle:

i wouldnt advise anybody to go into a relationship where fame is a measuring yardstick because if u lose your standing, instead of your 'fame-loving' partner to help you up, they'll go for d next personality on top of the fame-triangle,

u could be right.
Re: Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable by Freiburger(m): 9:28pm On Dec 10, 2011
@ topic NO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Difference Between Fulani Girls Beauty And Igbo Girls Beauty / Secondary School Teacher And A Female Student Caught Having Sex In The Classroom / Another 2 Weeks ���� Am Frustrated And I Need Prick ; Busty Ada (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.