Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? (13441 Views)

You Should Respect And Appreciate Your Woman More / Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? / Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by 49cents(m): 1:12am On Jul 13, 2010
Guys have been cheating and so many times forgiven, we have seen many prodigal fathers accepted back; but the same seem not to be the same with the women;
the men don't seem to get over the infidelity of a wife like the wife has? why is this?
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by mensdept: 1:29am On Jul 13, 2010
Society and ego
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by oyinda3(f): 1:35am On Jul 13, 2010
dat's a generalization. to me, it depends on the society u grew up in. and the degree of sexism that exists in such a society.
for example in northern naija with sharia women who commit adultery face stoning to death. while d men go scot free.
such men will grow up with a sense of entitlement, mighty egos n feeling of superiority. then they can't handle it when their partner cheats.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by oyinda3(f): 1:36am On Jul 13, 2010
wow mens dept. ur post was succinct and to the point. cheesy
look at me rambling off
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by 49cents(m): 1:37am On Jul 13, 2010
Is society's thought not composed of the individuals who make up the society? so it boils really to the individual
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by blessaff: 1:39am On Jul 13, 2010
Don't seems to know
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by 49cents(m): 1:46am On Jul 13, 2010
Even when the infidelity is a secret known only to the couple; it seem to hurt men more
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by oyinda3(f): 1:51am On Jul 13, 2010
49cents:

Is society's thought not composed of the individuals who make up the society? so it boils really to the individual

how do u mean it boils down to the individual  

49cents:

Even when the infidelity is a secret known only to the couple; it seem to hurt men more

it hurts women just as much. but women can't do much about it.
ex. if you punch a king in d face vs punching a servant in d face. who will it "hurt" more?
who has d bigger ego n feeling of entitlement?
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by kuntama: 1:59am On Jul 13, 2010
Oyinda, that was so beautifully put.
The only thing I object to is the comparison of a woman to a servant smiley
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by 49cents(m): 2:00am On Jul 13, 2010
it hurts women just as much. but women can't do much about it.
ex. if you punch a king in d face vs punching a servant in d face. who will it "hurt" more?
who has d bigger ego n feeling of entitlement?

Maybe it because of the belief, which somewhat is factual, one can blame on the raging hormones unlike that with the woman which stems from the will. Is like the women understand this thus the pain is numbed
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by kuntama: 2:04am On Jul 13, 2010
49cents, what planet are you on?
Hormones? Scientific hogwosh.
Women are just as sexually driven as men. Do not be brainwashed by fundamentlist religious bullshiters and slavemasters! smiley
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by 49cents(m): 2:11am On Jul 13, 2010
Kuntama pls r u a guy like myself? if not leave it for ladies! oyinda where art thou?
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by chiogo(f): 2:50am On Jul 13, 2010
Simple: Sexism!!

And the idea that it's a man's world so he can get away with any wrong-doing. Not the same for women.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 2:54am On Jul 13, 2010
chiogo:

Simple: Sexism!!

And the idea that it's a man's world so he can get away with any wrong-doing. Not the same for women.

people and their penchant for misusing words.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Pweety4me(f): 2:58am On Jul 13, 2010
^Argue ur point na. . .don't just point fingers.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 13, 2010
Pweety4me:

^Argue your point na. . .don't just point fingers.

Someone pointed it out already . . . society, culture and ego. Another person was quick to remind us too that it boils down to the individual.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by chiogo(f): 3:00am On Jul 13, 2010
davidylan:

people and their penchant for misusing words.
How so? Maybe you missed my point.  tongue

You didn't answer the question.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Pweety4me(f): 3:02am On Jul 13, 2010
chiogo:

How so? Maybe you missed my point.  tongue

My point exactly now answer david or remain silent! grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Pweety4me(f): 3:03am On Jul 13, 2010
davidylan:

Someone pointed it out already . . . society, culture and ego. Another person was quick to remind us too that it boils down to the individual.

Not dat ofcourse talking about u pointing fingers(disagreeing) wif chiogo u should say how?y she is wrong.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 3:04am On Jul 13, 2010
chiogo:

How so? Maybe you missed my point.  tongue

Pweety4me:

My point exactly now answer david or remain silent! grin

shush ladies!  grin I answered the question earlier by backing someone's point. It has to do with the society and the ego.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 3:06am On Jul 13, 2010
Pweety4me:

Not dat ofcourse talking about u pointing fingers(disagreeing) wif chiogo u should say how?y she is wrong.

oh ok. sexism is defined as DISCRIMINATION based on gender. I dont consider the fact that society frowns harder on women who commit adultery as "discrimination".
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Pweety4me(f): 3:08am On Jul 13, 2010
davidylan:

oh ok. sexism is defined as DISCRIMINATION based on gender. I dont consider the fact that society frowns harder on women who commit adultery as "discrimination".
Society ke?but we r talking about yu!i mean 'Men'! angry grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by chiogo(f): 3:11am On Jul 13, 2010
It has to do with the society. .  . and isn't the society a sexist one?  grin Whichever one you choose to look at - Nigerian or American society. The degrees of the sexism do vary and that's all.

davidylan:

Sexism, a term coined in the mid-20th century,[1] is the belief or attitude that one gender or sex is inferior to, less competent, or less valuable than the other. It can also refer to hatred of, or prejudice towards, either sex as a whole (see misogyny and misandry), or the application of stereotypes of masculinity in relation to men, or of femininity in relation to women.[2] It is also called male and female chauvinism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexism
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by 0hsisi: 3:13am On Jul 13, 2010
a woman traditionally was the property of the man,still is in some cultures.
why do you think a woman is stoned for adultery in some cultures and the man goes free
she is also stoned or murdered after being r.aped in these same places.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 3:13am On Jul 13, 2010
Pweety4me:

Society ke?but we r talking about yu!i mean 'Men'! angry grin

Isnt it the society that influences our mode of thinking?

chiogo:

It has to do with the society. .  . and isn't the society a sexist one?  grin Whichever one you choose to look at - Nigerian or American society. The degrees of the sexism do vary and that's all.
Sexism, a term coined in the mid-20th century,[1] is the belief or attitude that one gender or sex is inferior to, less competent, or less valuable than the other. It can also refer to hatred of, or prejudice towards, either sex as a whole (see misogyny and misandry), or the application of stereotypes of masculinity in relation to men, or of femininity in relation to women.[2] It is also called male and female chauvinism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexism

Saying i would take it hard if my wife (God forbid) cheated on me does not mean i consider her inferior. There is nothing "superior" in cheating. Society is simply more forgiving when it comes to men than women. How is that treating women as "less competent"?
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Pweety4me(f): 3:14am On Jul 13, 2010
davidylan:

Isnt it the society that influences our mode of thinking?

Is it?we'll i don't follow d society sha. . . undecided
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Pweety4me(f): 3:16am On Jul 13, 2010
davidylan:

Saying i would take it hard if my wife (God forbid) cheated on me does not mean i consider her inferior. There is nothing "superior" in cheating. Society is simply more forgiving when it comes to men than women. How is that treating women as "less competent"?

Y should God 4bid it?him dey control her? remember it's d society abi God dey rule dat1 aswell? tongue grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by chiogo(f): 3:19am On Jul 13, 2010
davidylan:

Well, it depends on the definition you pick. You picked "Less competent", there were also, "Inferior to" and "prejudice towards". These definitions are applicable to the topic because if they're seen as inferior, their wrong-doings face greater contempt by the society. Prejudice towards, in the sense that men are favored more when they commit a similar act.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 13, 2010
Pweety4me:

Is it?we'll i don't follow d society sha. . . undecided

doesnt matter whether you follow society or not, everyone is influenced by their environment unconsciously.

Pweety4me:

Y should God 4bid it?him dey control her? remember it's d society abi God dey rule dat1 aswell? tongue grin

lol abeg God don forbid this one since.  grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 3:21am On Jul 13, 2010
chiogo:

Well, it depends on the definition you pick. You picked "Less competent", there were also, "Inferior to" and "prejudice towards". These definitions are applicable to the topic because if they're seen as inferior, their wrong-doings face greater contempt by the society. Prejudice towards, in the sense that men are favored more when they commit a similar act.

No they are not applicable. If i do not wish my sister or wife to sleep around its because i consider her too PRECIOUS for me to share . . . that has nothing to do with seeing her as inferior or being prejudiced towards her.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Pweety4me(f): 3:24am On Jul 13, 2010
davidylan:

doesnt matter whether you follow society or not, everyone is influenced by their environment unconsciously.

Abeg i am 1 in a million jo don't touch it! cool

lol abeg God don forbid this one since. grin

DENIED! cheesy grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 13, 2010
Pweety4me:

DENIED! cheesy grin

lol like that word makes any diff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Common Mistakes Men Make During Sex. / Dark Guys Vs Fair Guys / HOT S ** X With Boy Kills A 49-year-old Widow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.