Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039766 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 11:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
paulz:
i won my review and i subnit my passport to d embassy on 8 of jan, i now received a email on jan16 that my visa has be processed and is ready for collection,we aim to return your passport at d visa application center where you first lodge ur application within two workings days. it has pass 2 workings days i hav nt yet received any sms for collection,it now getting to jan 22

congratz
when did u appeal ??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by paulz(m): 1:00am On Jan 23, 2015
3month and 1week dat wen my appeal was overturned
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by andrea84: 6:41am On Jan 23, 2015
Bolssos:
HIGHER SPOUSE INCOME, 5 YEAR SPOUSE VISA, NO THIRD PARTY FAMILY SUPPORT & STRICT HUMAN RIGHTS REQUIREMENTS - The UKBA are introducing a new minimum income threshold of £18,600 for sponsoring the settlement in the UK of a spouse or partner, or fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationality, with a higher threshold for any children also sponsored; £22,400 for one child and an additional £2,400 for each further child. This is expected to be the amount after accommodation costs and expenses are deducted. No third party support will be allowed which means that the UK spouse/sponsor has to be earning this amount at present (a future job offer will no longer be valid) and no financial support from family or friends can be taken into account. Only savings of £16,000+ can be considered if relying on savings also. If you do not meet the rules, you will not be given a visa.

Please@justwise you said there are two other reasons for the refusal please can you point it out for me..Please
Hello justwise.I am a new member on this forum and I applied for my uk spouse visa in nov.my hubby has been called for an interview in the uk but we are still waiting for an outcome.how long does it it take to make a decision for spouse visas

[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:59am On Jan 23, 2015
andrea84:

Hello justwise.I am a new member on this forum and I applied for my uk spouse visa in nov.my hubby has been called for an interview in the uk but we are still waiting for an outcome.how long does it it take to make a decision for spouse visas

It takes average of 3 months, so you are likely to hear from them this month or early next month.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 10:00am On Jan 23, 2015
paulz:
3month and 1week dat wen my appeal was overturned

congratz..!! ( you meant you lodged appeal 3 month ago and now your appeal overturned??)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by andrea84: 11:22am On Jan 23, 2015
modash:

Hi bolssos.please what date in nov did you apply for your uk spouse visa?

got the email yesterday from sheffield but nothing from telepeformance
i hope it doesnt take long
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 11:23am On Jan 23, 2015
please guide me about counting days

from when appeal days start counting
1) the day we submit appeal?? ( like we did on 27 oct)
or
2) from the date applicant get tribunal letter regardung15 weeks of review deadline?? (like we got letter with date written 17 december)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
In 5working days they will email you...It will come out good In Jesus name

[quote author=andrea84 post=30054025][/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by andrea84: 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hi bolssos.please when did you apply for your spouse visa and did they interview you too after interviewing your wife..I applied in nov..still waiting
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by andrea84: 6:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hello justwise,I filled unemployed on my form because I don't have a job right now.I hope it won't affect my chances of getting my spouse visa..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
Nope they would not call you for any interview just to pick up your passport that all...Don't worry all will be fine alright

andrea84:
Hi bolssos.please when did you apply for your spouse visa and did they interview you too after interviewing your wife..I applied in nov..still waiting
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dramadiddy(m): 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hello everyone, my court hearing is coming up February 15th, my aunt representing me in court says I need to write a personal statement. Pls someone help me on how to go about this
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 7:06pm On Jan 23, 2015
or
2) from the date applicant get tribunal letter regardung15 weeks of
review deadline?? (like we got letter with date written 17 december)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 7:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
Dramadiddy:
Hello everyone, my court hearing is coming up February 15th, my aunt representing me in court says I need to write a personal statement. Pls someone help me on how to go about this

wish you all the best
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dramadiddy(m): 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
phaara:

wish you all the best
thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dramadiddy(m): 7:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
Dramadiddy:
anyone?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyila(m): 10:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hello friends... Pls I need help on this, I got this friend of my she is from UK and she want to send me an invitation letter to visit her in the UK. I want to ask if she send the invitation letter along with a letter stating that she will take care of my accommodation, feeding and and my traveling expense along with her statement of account, do I need again to include my own statement of account when I want to submit the invitation letter she send to the embassy? Pls my hommies I need the response urgent thanks to u all.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
anyila:
Hello friends... Pls I need help on this, I got this friend of my she is from UK and she want to send me an invitation letter to visit her in the UK. I want to ask if she send the invitation letter along with a letter stating that she will take care of my accommodation, feeding and and my traveling expense along with her statement of account, do I need again to include my own statement of account when I want to submit the invitation letter she send to the embassy? Pls my hommies I need the response urgent thanks to u all.

How old are you? What do you presently do?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyila(m): 11:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
@ lexusgs I'm 31 and currently work with a company.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 12:42am On Jan 24, 2015
Dramadiddy:
anyone?

You just need to list all the points of refusal, note which documents you've included to support your case and explain how these documents prove your eligibility for the visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:16am On Jan 24, 2015
anyila:
@ lexusgs I'm 31 and currently work with a company.

Good start, but your earning power @ the moment, would determine which way your application weaves to, accompanied with your supporting documents.
Your age of 31 is a slight negative,but the weight of other factors, might tip the scale in your favour!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 3:34am On Jan 24, 2015
phaara:
or
2) from the date applicant get tribunal letter regardung15 weeks of
review deadline?? (like we got letter with date written 17 december)

can anyone reply pleasee !!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2015
phaara:

can anyone reply pleasee !!

The 19 week deadline should be in your tribunal letter. The 14/15 week point where they usually do the initial review is measured from the issue date of the tribunal letter.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 3:29am On Jan 25, 2015
girlfio:

The 19 week deadline should be in your tribunal letter. The 14/15 week point where they usually do the initial review is measured from the issue date of the tribunal letter.

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2015
anyila:

You still need to submit your own bank statement, employment evidence and other documents that will support your link to Nigeria.

Her document alone will not get you a visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by paulz(m): 8:53am On Jan 26, 2015
pls wat am i going to do abt the teleperformance i havent received any sms since wen i submitted my passport wen my appeal was overturned,does this delay always occur
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by paulz(m): 9:46am On Jan 26, 2015
i jst dont want to waste my transport fare were i stay is far frm lagos,can i call vfs help line may be my passport is ready for collection becos i applied through vsf,pls help me get teleperformance helpdesk number i want to call them
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jennytbell: 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
good day Guys,

please i came across this tread when i was trying to know the fat of my adminstrative review i just submitted recently.

this is my case i applied for family visit to uk to spend 2weeks last december to visit my boyfriend brother's wife and her daughter though on the letter of invitation issued to me the purpose of my visitation is to visit my God daughter and this letter was issued to me by the bf brother's wife. i work in one of the bank in the country and as such my pay slip, 6months statment of account, letter of introduction from my employer, tax clearnace certificate, my offer of employment which state my monthly salary and other allowances etc but the ECO made decision NOT to grant me entry into Uk stating in refusal letter that the amount i have in statement of account doesnt not agree with what i earn on a monthly basis not looking at the fact that i also other allowance and this was saved over a period of time also he state that i had some credit in my account which doesnt not tally with what i earn and all of this credits are my money i transferred ealier out of my account for lending purposes to friends and collegues which was mostly via transafers.

though i have request for an adminstartive review stating the sources even all the quterly, monthly allowance made by my employer and the money i lent out via transfers stating the dates and the names and the date where same person paid me back.

please i want to know if there is any chance that my request wil be granted ie the ECO decision will be overturned though it was stated in the refusal letter that i have a limited right of appeal aslo i was meant to understand that when one is refused entry into UK that the passport is usually stamped but my passport wasnt it stamp, IS it okay?

please i will really apprecaite a kind response from you guys

thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
@=jennytbell

Your chances of having the decision overturned are really quite slim for a couple of reasons. First off, with a limited appeal, you can only really argue your case if the decision is in breach of your human rights. Secondly the status of your finances appears to require quite a bit of explanation. This is likely to bring up a lot of questions as to the validity of the money sources. With some of the money being used for lending etc, it may not be quite clear exactly what will be available to you during your visit.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nfornv: 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
Place : VFS Ahmedabad - UKBA - Mumbai/Bombay
Spouse Dependent Visa application : 23 September 2014
Rejection : 31 October 2014
Rejection Reason: Wedding Photographs, Call log/history, Salary Contract letter (showing pro rate basis but I am working full time - contract letter amended)
Appeal Doc submitted from UK: 15 November 2014
Fees Deducted: 5 December 2014
Confirmation received: 22 December 2014
ECM Review Deadline : 3 April 2015
ECM Review - (visa yes/no): Waiting
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jennytbell: 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
girlfio:
@=jennytbell

Your chances of having the decision overturned are really quite slim for a couple of reasons. First off, with a limited appeal, you can only really argue your case if the decision is in breach of your human rights. Secondly the status of your finances appears to require quite a bit of explanation. This is likely to bring up a lot of questions as to the validity of the money sources. With some of the money being used for lending etc, it may not be quite clear exactly what will be available to you during your visit.

dear girlfio, thanks for the response but should i wait another six month to reapply since i dont have changes of getting the decision overtuned though in the adminstrative review i give detail explaination as to the credit that comes into my account or i can reapply immediately.

thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IrryJones(m): 4:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hi guys...justwise, lexusg430, girlfio and all other good folks who contribute and share their wealth of experiences on this forum.

It won't be good if I didn't feedback to acknowledge your valuable advise

I asked some questions here around late October 2014 with regards to spousal visa application process and I'm happy to report back that my spouse has been granted her spousal visa to UK.

I will give a brief timeline about the whole process below:

Nov 26 2014 - Spouse submitted her application and was interviewed at Teleperformance office in V.I. Lagos;
Dec 3 2014 - I, as the sponsor sent off supporting documetations to Sheffield;
Dec 5 2014 - Spouse received an acknowledgement email from UK Visas Sheffield about receiving the documentations;
Jan 6 2015 - I got a phone call from UK Visas Sheffield to attend an interview on Jan 9, 2015;
Jan 9 2015 - Attended an interview at Battleship Building, London;
Jan 19 2015 - Spouse received an email from UK Visas Sheffield that decision has been made;
Jan 20 2015 - All the supporting documents were returned by post;
Jan 22 2015 - Spouse received a message from Teleperformance to pick up passport;
Jan 23 2015 - Passport was picked up with stamped visa dated Jan 14.

Spouse to relocate to UK soon, pending her resignation from her current employment .

Once again, I'm most grateful to you all.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.