Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037376 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:49pm On Dec 14, 2015
blza:
@Portsmouth86, I see your hubby did apply recently. My husband and I are peeping our application. I am the sponsor here in the UK.

Can I ask you please. How did you prove the sufficient accommodation stuff requirement to show there won't be over crowding.

I read HO wants to see property inspection report. ? The surveyor I contacted said it will cost £185 which sounds ridiculous to me

If you did decide on this option go to your local council, they do it and some don't charge a fee some councils do I was quoted £80 from Havant Borough Council for mine, but decided against it after a lot of questions from @Justwise and other sources
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 5:41am On Dec 15, 2015
Please @Justwise,and other forumists, what next am I supposed to do after I have gotten my EEA family permit? It's a multiple entries visa for six months, do I need to apply for another thing when I get to UK? I have read about applying for a Resident Permit or so... what are the things I need to do or documents to provide for this application?
Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:59am On Dec 15, 2015
blza:
@Portsmouth86, I see your hubby did apply recently. My husband and I are peeping our application. I am the sponsor here in the UK.

Can I ask you please. How did you prove the sufficient accommodation stuff requirement to show there won't be over crowding.

I read HO wants to see property inspection report. ? The surveyor I contacted said it will cost £185 which sounds ridiculous to me

Do you live in multi occupant accommodation?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:00am On Dec 15, 2015
babyisUS:
Please @Justwise,and other forumists, what next am I supposed to do after I have gotten my EEA family permit? It's a multiple entries visa for six months, do I need to apply for another thing when I get to UK? I have read about applying for a Resident Permit or so... what are the things I need to do or documents to provide for this application?
Thanks.

The 6 months visa is renewable from the UK but i will find out more about it when i have time

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2015
babyisUS:
Thanks.

@babyisUS @Justwise

Once your in the UK and towards the end of your 6 months of fp you will need to apply for the UK residents card which will be valid for 5yrs after which you apply for the permanent residents permit.

It costs £65 for each person included in an application, plus you would be required to pay for your biometrics at a cost of £19.20 from certain post offices.

Here's the link for what you need, I hope it helps
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/overview

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 12:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Personally i think you can do it all on your own without a solicitor, they have been to known to not even know the basics of Spouse visa exemptions etc, unless your happy to spend the money on a lawyer then that is entirely up to you, but i suggest maybe joining the SS for newbies on FB there are loads of people there who have done it and that can advise smiley
@Portsmouth86. I agree with you. Sometimes you need to have one when something is not going your way. My wife application for her British Passport took almost 2 years. At a point we need to use this lawyer to write to HMPO, only to be told that my application was withdrawn. We fought the HMPO on two fronts and they eventually issued the passport last month.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Personally i think you can do it all on your own without a solicitor, they have been to known to not even know the basics of Spouse visa exemptions etc, unless your happy to spend the money on a lawyer then that is entirely up to you, but i suggest maybe joining the SS for newbies on FB there are loads of people there who have done it and that can advise smiley

@Portsmouth86. I agree with you. Sometimes you need to have one when something is not going your way. My wife application for her British Passport took almost 2 years. At a point we need to use this lawyer to write to HMPO, only to be told that my application was withdrawn. We fought the HMPO on two fronts and they eventually issued the passport last month.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
babyisUS:
Thanks.

@babysiUS. How did you apply for EEA family permit. Was it in Nigeria? If so what document did you submit. Sorry for asking, as EEA family permit is part of the Surinder Singh Route.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by noirAlex(m): 2:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hello everyone, I've been following this thread silently for a few months now and I can't even start listing all the facts and bits of info I've picked up on here...@Justwise, @Portsmouth86, @Lexusgs430 and @Oreskid your posts have been very very helpful please keep up the brilliant job!!! Now to share my timeline with you guys. Note I started evidence collection and application in the UK before traveling to lagos with my sponsor/fiancée(now wifey). We paid a most brilliant lawyer(nasty and expensive but bloody good) who did a fantastic job. Anyway here's our timeline

Monday 16th November had TB test at the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC)
Lagos

Tuesday 17th November had pre marriage Counselling and meeting at the Ministry of Interior Marriage Registry
Ikoyi Lagos.

Wednesday the 18th of November
Got married at Ikoyi Marriage Registry.

Thursday 19 November 2015, 10:00am Appointment at
Teleperformance Ikeja Lagos (Got there half an hour late so paid for premium lounge)
Also Paid for PRIORITY SERVICE!

Monday 23rd November sent supporting documents from London to Sheffield via Royal Mail next day recorded delivery with tracking number
Supporting documents arrive at Sheffield on Tuesday 24th November at 7:23am.

Thursday 3rd December sponsor received email stating that decision has been made and that we will be notified sometime in the next 48 hours.

Tuesday 8th December received another email stating that decision has been made and Passport despatched.

Monday 14th December received email from Tlscontact that passport is ready for pick-up.

Picked up passport on Tuesday 15th December, lo and behold inside it was my shiny Spouse Visa!!!!

The decision making took just 8 days from when application was received which I believe is down to paying for priority service and also having a well prepared and indexed application. The wait and not knowing is ridiculously stressful but can look forward to honeymooning and planning the church wedding in quaint Cranleigh. Good luck to @Portsmouth86 and all others awaiting a decision, I will still be active on here so can answer questions. Cheers

5 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
noirAlex:
Hello everyone, I've been following this thread silently for a few months now and I can't even start listing all the facts and bits of info I've picked up on here...@Justwise, @Portsmouth86, @Lexusgs430 and @Oreskid your posts have been very very helpful please keep up the brilliant job!!! Now to share my timeline with you guys. Note I started evidence collection and application in the UK before traveling to lagos with my sponsor/fiancée(now wifey). We paid a most brilliant lawyer(nasty and expensive but bloody good) who did a fantastic job. Anyway here's our timeline

Monday 16th November had TB test at the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC)
Lagos

Tuesday 17th November had pre marriage Counselling and meeting at the Ministry of Interior Marriage Registry
Ikoyi Lagos.

Teleperformance Ikeja Lagos (Got there half an hour late so paid for premium lounge)

Monday 23rd November sent supporting documents from London to Sheffield via Royal Mail next day recorded delivery with tracking number

Thursday 3rd December sponsor received email stating that decision has been made and that we will be notified sometime in the next 48 hours.

Tuesday 8th December received another email stating that decision has been made and Passport despatched.

Monday 14th December received email from Tlscontact that passport is ready for pick-up.

Picked up passport on Tuesday 15th December, lo and behold inside it was my shiny Spouse Visa!!!!

The decision making took just 8 days from when application was received which I believe is down to paying for priority service and also having a well prepared and indexed application. The wait and not knowing is ridiculously stressful but can look forward to honeymooning and planning the church wedding in quaint Cranleigh. Good luck to @Portsmouth86 and all others awaiting a decision, I will still be active on here so can answer questions. Cheers

Wow congratulations to you both in time for Christmas too smiley

Anytime I like to help all I can and where possible, starting to wish we did priority now smiley

I'm sure my husband will get a decision soon, I've been pretty good with the constant checking the tls for updates as I've pretty much been working all through and on nights I rarely think about the application ...I just research a lot while waiting for time to pass so now I'd say I'm clued up on the Surinder Singh route incase we need to go that route smiley

Best of luck to you both and may all your dreams come true and here's to a prosperous New year 2016

Karen

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
ekpotek:

@babysiUS. How did you apply for EEA family permit. Was it in Nigeria? If so what document did you submit. Sorry for asking, as EEA family permit is part of the Surinder Singh Route.

Click on BabyisUK name and click on posts you will see how smiley

All that you need on how to apply should be here :
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by noirAlex(m): 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Wow congratulations to you both in time for Christmas too smiley

Anytime I like to help all I can and where possible, starting to wish we did priority now smiley

I'm sure my husband will get a decision soon, I've been pretty good with the constant checking the tls for updates as I've pretty much been working all through and on nights I rarely think about the application ...I just research a lot while waiting for time to pass so now I'd say I'm clued up on the Surinder Singh route incase we need to go that route smiley

Best of luck to you both and may all your dreams come true and here's to a prosperous New year 2016

Karen

Spending Christmas together is priceless!
Going priority is definitely worth it, all digits crossed for your husband! well be glad you've got the distraction of work, i have been indoors since i got to lagos and all i've been doing in that time is refreshing my inbox and the tls page religiously, read up every info i could find online(maybe i should start my own immigration advice firm haha)!
We did not have a back up plan as she was quite confident, but i read up on the SS route as well and it seems a very viable alternative, tbh though i've seen your evidence list and i believe you will definitely get a positive outcome. Stay strong and bury yourself in work(i did nights too for years so i know all'bout that lol).

Good luck to you both too, have a most wonderful christmas and a joy filled 2016.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
justwise:

Do you live in multi occupant accommodation?

@justwise, no I don't . I am the sole occupier.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
Portsmouth86:

If you did decide on this option go to your local council, they do it and some don't charge a fee some councils do I was quoted £80 from Havant Borough Council for mine, but decided against it after a lot of questions from @Justwise and other sources

Many thanks , i really doubt I will include this.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Click on BabyisUK name and click on posts you will see how smiley

All that you need on how to apply should be here :
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview

Just confirmed from BabyisUS posts that her hubby was previously residing in Neitherland before moving to the UK. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
ekpotek:

Yes, I applied from Nigeria...Abuja to be precise.
Documents submitted are as follows:

Marriage Certificate...photocopy n Original

My Birth Certificate... Photocopy n original

News paper change of name

Photos of hubby and I, before,and after marriage...and wedding photos as well

Whatsapp chats print outs for two months.

Yahoo email exchange between hubby and I right from when we started dating (2010)

Call log print outs
Receipts for gift items received from hubby in the past..

Letter of introduction from hubby

Visa pages showing hubby's visits to Nigeria five times.

Hubby's p60

Hubby's employment letter

Hubby's tenancy agreement

Hubby's TV licence

Hubby's statement of account for six months

Hubby's pay slips from his previous and current jobs

Error, I thinks that's just about it...
My visa was granted after three weeks of applying...
Hope this helps....
You can ask any other question, if you want to.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
ekpotek:

Believe me , most solicitors have no clue about the EU applications. They confuse it all with UK route. I will advise you do some research on it and prepare your application yourself. A lot that I know that paid solicitors over £1k to help them out ended up being refused because of mistakes made by the solicitors. The rules are so different from the UK immigration and a lot of solicitors are not bothered to read about it.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
Portsmouth86:

@babyisUS @Justwise

Once your in the UK and towards the end of your 6 months of fp you will need to apply for the UK residents card which will be valid for 5yrs after which you apply for the permanent residents permit.

It costs £65 for each person included in an application, plus you would be required to pay for your biometrics at a cost of £19.20 from certain post offices.

Oh, many thanks dearie... I will definitely check it out...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2015
justwise:

The 6 months visa is renewable from the UK but i will find out more about it when i have time

Alright, thanks a lot..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
noirAlex:

Lagos

Ikoyi Lagos.

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
ekpotek:

Just confirmed from BabyisUS posts that her hubby was previously residing in Neitherland before moving to the UK. Thanks.

Yep that's how she was able to apply for the FP smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2015
noirAlex:

Lagos

Ikoyi Lagos.

Congrats! I am def using the priority service. Please share your document list. Thanks!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
Portsmouth86:

@babyisUS @Justwise

babyisUS:

Alright, thanks a lot..

That link from Portsmouth86 is what you need

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
noirAlex:

Lagos

Ikoyi Lagos.

Congratulations! Really happy for you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 2:19am On Dec 16, 2015
Congratulations, got mine today too at Ikeja TLS today @ noirAlex

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 2:42am On Dec 16, 2015
I say a big thank you to everyone, justwise, to mention a few and every good people here.
Aug 31st. TB Test

Sept 9th. Online application and payment made.

Sept 15th. Appointment @ 12noon @ Ikeja TLS and all supporting doc. Sent by me to Sheffield, came back with them from UK

Sept 17th. Supporting doc. Receive from Nigeria DHL, tracked and was signed for in Sheffield but no acknowledgement for receive

Sept 25th. Email from Sheffield saying online application received and will be look into by the ECO

Nov 26th. Phone call for interview on Dec 4th

Dec 2nd. Email from Sheffield that application is not straight forward.

Dec 4th. Interview @ battleship building, London @ 11am

Dec 9th. Email from Sheffield that decision is made.

Dec 15th. Pickup passport with visa date Dec 4th.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 7:10am On Dec 16, 2015
Oreskid:
I say a big thank you to everyone, justwise, to mention a few and every good people here.
Aug 31st. TB Test

Sept 15th. Appointment @ 12noon @ Ikeja TLS and all supporting doc. Sent by me to Sheffield, came back with them from UK

Sept 17th. Supporting doc. Receive from Nigeria DHL, tracked and was signed for in Sheffield but no acknowledgement for receive

Sept 25th. Email from Sheffield saying online application received and will be look into by the ECO

Congrats my friend, really happy for you!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 8:00am On Dec 16, 2015
Oreskid:
Aug 31st. TB Test

Congratulations... happy for you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2015
Finally it has happened for you @oreskid. I am really happy for you. Congratulations.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by noirAlex(m): 6:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
Oreskid:
Congratulations, got mine today too at Ikeja TLS today @ noirAlex

Congrats mate, flying soon? Oh btw are you by chance the guy who asked me if i was in a queue at the collection centre and I said "nah I think it's random"?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by noirAlex(m): 7:46pm On Dec 16, 2015
jangolo:

Congrats! I am def using the priority service. Please share your document list. Thanks!

Evidence Items

TAB A
1. Online application form (+ housemate IDs)
2. Appendix 2 VAF Financial requirements form
3. Applicant Nigerian passport
4. Spouse British passport
5. Applicant birth certificate (court affadavit)
6. Spouse birth certificate (certified copy)
7. Marriage certificate
8. English Language Exam Certificate (from Trinity College, London)
9. TB Screening results
10. Applicant statement
11. Spouse statement

TAB B(went down the savings route)
12. Signed declaration by Spouse about source of savings
13. – 33. Financial evidence including
a. Letters from bank relating to each account and minimum amount held in each account for last 6 months.
b. Certificate of Investment for ISAs (covering last 2 years)
c. Customer statement for last 6 months- printed out and stamped by bank
d. Letters to confirm opening of accounts
e. Passbooks for saving accounts (updated by bank on day before we flew)
f. Annual Promise Statements showing amount in all savings account in last 2 years

TAB C
34. Text messages screen shots from 2012
35. Text messages screen shots from 2013
36. Text messages screen shots from 2014
37. Text messages screen shots from 2015
38. Wedding invitations addressed to Applicant and Spouse
39. Cards
a. Spouse to applicant – 6 month anniversary
b. Spouse to applicant – Christmas
c. Spouse to applicant – Valentine’s day
d. Spouse to applicant – Valentine’s day
e. Spouse to applicant – moving in together
f. Applicant to spouse – birthday
g. Applicant to spouse – 6 month anniversary
h. Applicant to spouse – Valentine’s day
i. Applicant to spouse – Valentine’s day
j. Wedding invite and thank you card from friends addressed to applicant and spouse
k. Christmas card from housemate addressed to applicant and spouse
l. Engagement congratulations from friend addressed to applicant and spouse
m. Engagement congratulations from friend addressed to applicant and spouse
40. Applicant’s cinema and festival tickets
41. Spouse’s cinema and festival tickets (matching)
42. Spouse’s family Christmas letter 2013

TAB D
43. Tenancy Agreement
44. Letter from landlady
45. Energy statement with spouse and applicant’s names (Oct 2015)
46. Council tax bill in spouse and applicant’s names (2015-16)
47. Council tax bill in spouse and applicant’s names (2015-16)
48. Internet statements in spouse’s name (Sept 2014; Sept 2015)
49. Bank statement in spouse’s name
50. Water bills in spouse’s name (2014; 2015)

TAB E
51. Support statement from spouse’s parents
52. Support statement from current housemate
53. Support statement from friend
54. Support statement from previous housemate
55. Support statement from friend
56. Support statement from friend
57. Support statement from spouse’s sister
58. Support statement from applicant’s cousin

TAB F
59. Photographs (80)
60. Wedding photos (5)

We gathered as much evidence as we could within a month, struggled a bit with address related evidence but its about trying to tick all or as many boxes as one can and not leaving room for a refusal. Also I should mention that I had overstayed my visa for years but I explained everything in my statement(absolute honesty is paramount). Good luck to you mate and all other applicants out there.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nope was there at almost 4pm that day and was the only one in there in the collection center@ noirAlex

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.