Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037599 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ildi:

This is making me extremely nervous and we haven't even started. Yes I am aware of all the reasons and some false declaration. When you say address all those reason in the application form do you mean enter the correct informations this time. Or wrote a cover letter to address each of those issues on this past application. I am so worried because some info on the spouse application won't match up the ones on the previous applications. This is cos I am making sure there is no wrong info or declaration this time. I really don't know what impact this will hv on the application.

I also want to try the priority, not sure if that's even possible.

Any, you either address those issues on the application form or use separate paper to do that.

It's important that information they have already about your husband and yourself match, you don't have to panic, what has happened in the past has happened this is the opportunity to start putting record straight.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ildi: 9:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
justwise:

Any, you either address those issues on the application form or use separate paper to do that.

It's important that information they have already about your husband and yourself match, you don't have to panic, what has happened in the past has happened this is the opportunity to start putting record straight.

Well the information they already have from his previous application won't exactly match the new cos we are making sure only correct information is added to the form. Mine isn't a problem. This is something I want so much hence I am this disturbed.and we are expecting our first baby in 4 months . And really will need him here by then.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:05am On Jan 31, 2016
Ildi:

Well the information they already have from his previous application won't exactly match the new cos we are making sure only correct information is added to the form. Mine isn't a problem. This is something I want so much hence I am this disturbed.and we are expecting our first baby in 4 months . And really will need him here by then.

The best way to approach this issues of inconsistencies, is having copies of the previous applications(if you have them).
Contradictions in his application then and his application and person now, would definitely add spanners in the works!!!
It would simply mean ECO would not know who he truly is or he does not know, who he is!!!
NB: If you need him in 4 months, you should have started this application, since yesterday!!!
On the soft-side, I know someone who can be a good nanny, he knows how to feed, wash and back babies!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 8:01am On Jan 31, 2016
Ildi:

I advise you follow Justwise opinion. He is a guru in this matter. Address the reason for the refusasl in a cover letter to ECO, by stating that he made misrepresentation in his previous visitor application and pointing out those representations which happened before/after you met him and started a relationship. Spousal Visa application takes months so I am afraid 4 months is too close. Alternatively, he can apply for 6 month family visit visa now to 'test the water'. If he gets it, that should sort out the previous misrepresentation and refusals.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Faithadunni: 8:28am On Feb 01, 2016
@Portsmouth86

Hello Portsmouth86, no he didn't receive the email but he went there after 4 days of the decision email and was told his passport is not there. A man called him aside and said his passport was there but he will need to pay 20k for them to bring it out or else he should go and wait for the collection email (smh). I got all my documents back 3 days after the decision email-all intact. Have you heard anything from them yet?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 8:43am On Feb 01, 2016
Faithadunni:
@Portsmouth86

Hello Portsmouth86, no he didn't receive the email but he went there after 4 days of the decision email and was told his passport is not there. A man called him aside and said his passport was there but he will need to pay 20k for them to bring it out or else he should go and wait for the collection email (smh). I got all my documents back 3 days after the decision email-all intact. Have you heard anything from them yet?

Blimey you cant pass anything by in Naija ay I would have taken his name etc and put the frightners up him.

you can request it be extended.

No news yet, no email not even a slight peep ...is hubby's birthday today so lets hope we at least get an email smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 12:28pm On Feb 01, 2016
jangolo:

Thank you.. how you finding it over there

Very well. I settled quite swiftly. I started working the 6th week I got here.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 4:05pm On Feb 01, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Blimey you cant pass anything by in Naija ay I would have taken his name etc and put the frightners up him.

you can request it be extended.

No news yet, no email not even a slight peep ...is hubby's birthday today so lets hope we at least get an email smiley

Oh, happy birthday to him, wouldn't it be lovely if you get some sort of communication from them today? smiley

Faithadunni, please don't tell me he paid, that's so annoying.‎ sad shocked
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:13am On Feb 02, 2016
OMG decision made email received this morning at 9am UK time and hubby didn't get a call for an interview or anything.

55 working days (from biometrics)

How long till passport comes does anyone know xx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
Portsmouth86:
OMG decision made email received this morning at 9am UK time and hubby didn't get a call for an interview or anything.

Congrats! Very good news. Exactly a week
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
jangolo:

Congrats! Very good news. Exactly a week

@Justwise @babyisUS, @Lexusgs430, @newbie715, @Faithadunni

Im not sure if this makes any difference but on Facebook one person asked me..." Did you get a VAF reference in the email subject line" intrigued i checked and indeed yes I do have a reference number starting VAF123456 (6 numbers but not these) and the guy said, this number was the same on his visa when he got the passport and said he has asked those with a refusal and the decision made email did not contain a VAF reference in the email subject line.

I thought that maybe it was just the application ref but this starts with GWF which is also in the message of the email

Can anyone check their emails, this could give us an indication before we receive the passports back
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Portsmouth86:

@Justwise and everyone

Im not sure if this makes any difference but on Facebook one person asked me..." Did you get a VAF reference in the email subject line" intrigued i checked and indeed yes I do have a reference number starting VAF123456 (6 numbers but not these) and the guy said, this number was the same on his visa when he got the passport and said he has asked those with a refusal and the decision made email did not contain a VAF reference in the email subject line.

I thought that maybe it was just the application ref but this starts with GWF which is also in the message of the email

Can anyone check their emails, this could give us an indication before we receive the passports back
I got my Visa and I got a VAF number with my decision made email .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
jangolo:

I got my Visa and I got a VAF number with my decision made email .

Was that VAF that was in your email the same as what is put on the entry slip in your passport
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Was that VAF that was in your email the same as what is put on the entry slip in your passport

Yes it was
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Faithadunni: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
@newboe 715 yes he did, we couldn't wait any longer. Just wanted it asap.

@Portsmouth86 Yes we had a VAF number and this number is the same as the entry slip one. Good news for you soon I pray.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 7:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
Faithadunni:
@newboe 715 yes he did, we couldn't wait any longer. Just wanted it asap.

@Portsmouth86 Yes we had a VAF number and this number is the same as the entry slip one. Good news for you soon I pray.

That is a scam he should have reported him after collecting his passport..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Congratulations.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
Portsmouth86:

We have an adage in Nigeria, pesin wey den dey carry wife go meet(in your case husband), no dey stretch neck!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 11:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
@portsmouth86, yes, I had the VAF no in the decision made email and its the same as the one on the visa but I hate to burst your bubble because I still know someone who had VAF no when she was sent the decision made email but she didn't get it. But I believe you'd get it. Fingers and toes still crossed. By Friday the wait should be over. All the best.

@faithadunni, oh dear. I wish he didn't pay it. 20K is a lot of money. They know people are impatient, he should have reported the person but I am sure he was too happy he got the visa to think twice about it. Congrats once more.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
newbie715:
@portsmouth86, yes, I had the VAF no in the decision made email and its the same as the one on the visa but I hate to burst your bubble because I still know someone who had VAF no when she was sent the decision made email but she didn't get it. But I believe you'd get it. Fingers and toes still crossed. By Friday the wait should be over. All the best.

@faithadunni, oh dear. I wish he didn't pay it. 20K is a lot of money. They know people are impatient, he should have reported the person but I am sure he was too happy he got the visa to think twice about it. Congrats once more.

Oh ok wishful thinking then eh, I pray is a yes x
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jeljay: 4:59am On Feb 03, 2016
@portsmouth86 Easiest way to know if your spouse has received his visa, is to check if the nhs surcharge was refunded. if so, then it was rejected. If no, then it was granted. Usually the surcharge is refunded back into the payee account within 3-5 days of visa decision being made, if it was paid with a UK account/card.

Portsmouth86:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:27am On Feb 03, 2016
Jeljay:
@portsmouth86 Easiest way to know if your spouse has received his visa, is to check if the nhs surcharge was refunded. if so, then it was rejected. If no, then it was granted. Usually the surcharge is refunded back into the payee account within 3-5 days of visa decision being made, if it was paid with a UK account/card.

Yea i have been checking and not refunded smiley

@justwise I checked through hubby old emails from UKVI and this ref is the same as the email when they confirm they received the documents so like you say I wont look at that too much smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 8:20am On Feb 03, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Hi all

@babyisUS, @Lexusgs430,@justwise, @newbie715

So I went to London yesterday for my interview, I was calm throughout not even nervous at all.

It's based upstairs of the Indian visa application centre of the battleship building in Paddington.

Here are some of the questions that I was asked

1. What type of visa has your spouse applied for.
2. Please confirm your spouses full name
3. His DOB
4.when did you first meet-in person
5. When did you first ever communicate.
6. And how
7. What date did the relationship start
8. When did you first goto Nigeria
9. Who did you go with
10.Has your spouse ever been to the UK
11. Has he ever travelled outside of Nigeria
12. What was the date you got married
13. Did you have a traditional wedding
14. Was this on your 2nd visit
15. How long was it.
16. How long did you stay in Nigeria the first time
17.and the second time
18. Did your family attend the wedding
19. Do you have any children
20. Does your spouse have any children
21. Does your spouse have any siblings
22. What is their names.
23.are they married
24. What does Adenike do
25. Are your spouses parent's alive.
26. Did they attend the wedding
27. What's your spouses fathers name.
28. Have you been married before
29. What date did that marriage take place
30. What date did you get divorced.
31. Where was your ex spouse from
32. Where did your last marriage take place
33. How did you meet him
34. Was he sponsored
35. Is he still in the UK
36. What job does your spouse do
37. What is your job title
38. Have you ever been part of any other application.
39. Correction to the guy that said I'd been to Nigeria 2 times, told him I've been 3 times, once since we got married
40. Where did you stay in Nigeria
41. Which side is your spouses grandfather from
42. Has your husband done an English test
43. What one
44. Do you financially support your spouse
45. Does he have any immediate family in the UK
46. What is your spouses hobby
47. What city where you born in
48. What is the name of the company you work for
49. What is your salary
50. Are you paid cash or by bank
51. What is your address
52. Does anyone else live with you
53. How long have you lived there
54. Did your ex spouse get his ILR

I also was asked a lot more however this is what I could get, as a lot I answered yes or no, the conversation was on a video link to Sheffield so I had headphones

I wasn't asked for my ID and I managed to record the conversation however this is what I got from my answers.

The guy was very polite and said we will get an email in a few days, NOT sure if hubby will get a call to clarify my answers, but I did answer them all and correctly smiley

So let's see a positive outcome smiley

Oh wow!!!!! This must have been hectic... over 50 questions.. I can't wait to read the good news! Am certain this shall end in praise! You are one brave lady and a go-getter! I admire your strength dear!
Congrats in advance!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 8:27am On Feb 03, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Nah, this is definitely not an indication of what a visa status is. I didn't get it but my visa was granted! The only way you can tell if your visa is granted is when you collect your passport!
I wish you best of luck hun.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Davdar: 8:38am On Feb 03, 2016
@ Jeljay

The NIHS can only be refunded if you will not be given the visa at all. My hubby was refused in October 2015 but we were not refunded the money as he was given an appeal. If you go on their website, it explains it there. It was a minor issue about chats print out not enough, pictures and travel stamps. We have appealed and waiting. The VAF doesn't say refused or granted. We had email with VAF but was refused.

Does anyone know roughly when the ECO response to the court during an appeal. We received a letter from the tribunal saying they have written and send our documents to the ECO and they have until 15th March to let us know the outcome. If they will overturn the decision or we go to court.
Has anyone gone through this process before and how long does it take to hear from them? Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 10:26am On Feb 03, 2016
Davdar:
@ Jeljay

The NIHS can only be refunded if you will not be given the visa at all. My hubby was refused in October 2015 but we were not refunded the money as he was given an appeal. If you go on their website, it explains it there. It was a minor issue about chats print out not enough, pictures and travel stamps. We have appealed and waiting. The VAF doesn't say refused or granted. We had email with VAF but was refused.

The reason OP said this is because many people are getting the IHS refunded within days of a decision email but before they even get the passport back, despite them having a refund window of 90 days/ longer if you appeal, I'm not sure the reasons behind it but these have still been able to submit an appeal even having the refund

This can be confirmed on a FB group called I love my foreign spouse

I hope you get to hear of your appeal soon

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
Davdar:
@ Jeljay

Does anyone know roughly when the ECO response to the court during an appeal. We received a letter from the tribunal saying they have written and send our documents to the ECO and they have until 15th March to let us know the outcome. If they will overturn the decision or we go to court.
Has anyone gone through this process before and how long does it take to hear from them? Thank you

Appeal usually takes about a year to complete if the ECO doesn't respond. My first spouse application was made on 29th April 2013. My appeal was finalized on the 25th July 2014 and it was still a denial but I was told to reapply which I didn't do till April 2015.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hi everyone, my name is Ada and we hope to apply for my settlement visa next month. Pls i would like to ask a question.
- Are there other approved centers for the TB test because the one I saw on this page is in Lagos and I stay in Enugu and hope to submit my application via TLS Abuja. If there are other approved centers, pls could someone help me with the address.

Am really encouraged by this page. God bless all of you plenty!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
We are in the process of completing our application form and at the stage of NHS surcharge . The charge has come up as 3080usd. Can't work out why.

UKVI are currently closed. And refreshing the page still takes us back to the same amount. I understand there is 3 hours time frame to make the payment. Will the application be reset after the 3 hours giving us the option to re do the IHS charge.

Any ideas
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
NedseliteSafety:
Hi everyone, my name is Ada and we hope to apply for my settlement visa next month. Pls i would like to ask a question.
- Are there other approved centers for the TB test because the one I saw on this page is in Lagos and I stay in Enugu and hope to submit my application via TLS Abuja. If there are other approved centers, pls could someone help me with the address.

Lagos Only I'm afraid.
good thing is you can pick the result same day around 3.30/4pm
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 5:10pm On Feb 04, 2016
blza:
We are in the process of completing our application form and at the stage of NHS surcharge . The charge has come up as 3080usd. Can't work out why.

UKVI are currently closed. And refreshing the page still takes us back to the same amount. I understand there is 3 hours time frame to make the payment. Will the application be reset after the 3 hours giving us the option to re do the IHS charge.

Any ideas

Have you selected the correct category prior to filling and make sure you have selected the correct ones for the settlement visa too
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 5:10pm On Feb 04, 2016
NedseliteSafety:

Try calling any of numbers below, I hope they are operational for Abuja applicants

Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC)
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
No. 4, Buchannan Close, off Buchannan Crescent, off Amino Kano Crescent
Wuse 11
AbujaTel: +234(0) 807 219 1122, or
+234 (0) 80 9563 7898, or
+234 (0) 80 8522 1427

PS: I got the information from gov.uk site. You can explore the site for more information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.