Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037788 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
@newbie715.....thanks a lot. I really appreciate. I will definitely call them tomorrow.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 8:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hello all,
Please, regarding the printed whatsapp chats to show evidence of our communication, someone told me that my husband and I will have to print ours and tag them separately and submit. She said it is so that they can verify if the two of them correspond. Please, is this true? Can we submit only his own? Because I have changed my phone a number of times since we met so I only have chats from early last year whereas we started chatting in 2012. He has all the chats on his phone. Can we use only his own printed chat records to apply?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:
Hello all,
Please, regarding the printed whatsapp chats to show evidence of our communication, someone told me that my husband and I will have to print ours and tag them separately and submit. She said it is so that they can verify if the two of them correspond. Please, is this true? Can we submit only his own? Because I have changed my phone a number of times since we met so I only have chats from early last year whereas we started chatting in 2012. He has all the chats on his phone. Can we use only his own printed chat records to apply?

You can submit only his, you don't need to submit separate chats, if his has more history, by all means use it. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:
Hello all,

Submit both, his chat from 2012 and yours from early last year. Use the blank space to explain it just as you did here
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by darlene10: 10:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hi everyone please @justwise and everyone how does self employed work as regards meeting the financial requirement for Further leave to remain.can't get my head around it pls and possibily if someone can help post the link to application page.thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
darlene10:
Hi everyone please @justwise and everyone how does self employed work as regards meeting the financial requirement for Further leave to remain.can't get my head around it pls and possibily if someone can help post the link to application page.thanks

Self employed use tax certificate to determine that. Are you applying for visa re-newer from the UK and under which visa status?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by darlene10: 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
Yes @just wise. It's for spouse visa and am applying from the uk.am currently on the two and half years visa so need to apply for further leave to remain.thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
darlene10:
Yes @just wise. It's for spouse visa and am applying from the uk.am currently on the two and half years visa so need to apply for further leave to remain.thanks

Ok. Yea you can use the tax certificate for that
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 1:53pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hello all, me and the hubby applied last month.. he had his biometric in Lagos on the 8th of Jan and the documents were delivered to the Sheffield office on the 21st Jan. Havent recieved any confirmation from them.. a teeny bit worried.. our solicitor said they dont always email to let u know when they get it. Is this true??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 4:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
Saratkum:
Hello all, me and the hubby applied last month.. he had his biometric in Lagos on the 8th of Jan and the documents were delivered to the Sheffield office on the 21st Jan. Havent recieved any confirmation from them.. a teeny bit worried.. our solicitor said they dont always email to let u know when they get it. Is this true??

Very true I would suggest contacting UKVI through the link below and see what they say
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 4:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Very true I would suggest contacting UKVI through the link below and see what they say
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Thanks @portsmouth. Were you guys able to collect the passport back yet?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2016
Saratkum:

Thanks @portsmouth. Were you guys able to collect the passport back yet?

No we are still waiting for that golden email to go and collect it, I'm not sure how long it supposed to take to reach Victoria Island VAC

And no problem once you email them your most likely get those emails smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 6:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

No we are still waiting for that golden email to go and collect it, I'm not sure how long it supposed to take to reach Victoria Island VAC

And no problem once you email them your most likely get those emails smiley

Yeah i hope so! Maybe give em a call on Monday if they dont email u by then..?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by darlene10: 7:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
Kk thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 8:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
Saratkum:

Yeah i hope so! Maybe give em a call on Monday if they dont email u by then..?

Yea i told hubby to pop in as its next to where he works and to blag say he got an email smiley so not be be told to pay money, and told him if anyone asks him to take their names etc haha
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Yea i told hubby to pop in as its next to where he works and to blag say he got an email smiley so not be be told to pay money, and told him if anyone asks him to take their names etc haha

Haha good one! Good luck, hope fully its a big fat YES. Btw how many weeks has it been since u applied?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
Saratkum:

Haha good one! Good luck, hope fully its a big fat YES. Btw how many weeks has it been since u applied?

7th November 2015 Application submitted online
13th November 2015 Hubby did his biometrics in VI

22nd January 2016 UKVI Called to ask me to attend an interview in London (10 full weeks)
27th January 2016 Attended interview in London, was via video link to Sheffield

2nd February 2016 Decision made -Hubby had no calls to confirm my answers at interview sad

now awaiting the collection email to pick up the decision letter and passport today is 12 weeks exactly since biometrics
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Have you selected the correct category prior to filling and make sure you have selected the correct ones for the settlement visa too

We wrongly entered sponsor details. Had to re register on the application site with a different address and was able to pay the right amount

Thank you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 11:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

22nd January 2016 UKVI Called to ask me to attend an interview in London (10 full weeks)

2nd February 2016 Decision made -Hubby had no calls to confirm my answers at interview sad

now awaiting the collection email to pick up the decision letter and passport today is 12 weeks exactly since biometrics

Worry not, you will be all smiles next week

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
Can I ask please, does the applicant need to attend the VAC with the English test result.

Also after submission how long should I wait before sending docs to Sheffield.

I have seen different address for Sheffield. Can someone please let me have the correct address.

Do I have to include the original of my passport or just a photocopy. If a copy. Do I need to have that countersigned by a solicitor or something.

Apologies for the plenty question
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
blza:
Can I ask please, does the applicant need to attend the VAC with the English test result.
Yes and the TB certificate

Also after submission how long should I wait before sending docs to Sheffield.
ASAP sponsor to send supporting docs within 15 days

I have seen different address for Sheffield. Can someone please let me have the correct address.
International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU This will be on the email you get titled Visa Application Confirmation Email for GWF....

Do I have to include the original of my passport or just a photocopy. If a copy. Do I need to have that countersigned by a solicitor or something.
Applicant supplies original, Sponsor just a photocopy, no need to get this counter signed.

Apologies for the plenty question
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
midmenconsult:
Following on from the email I received after my enquiry to the UKVI international customer service department, I have received a formal email from Sheffield stating tnat a decision has been made and my application processed wnich I would like to share with the house. Does anyone know,from the nature of this email, if this is an approved or refused application?

Here is how hubbies email is ...

Your Visa Application: VAF XXXXXX
02/02/16 - 09:00

Dear HUBBY FULL NAME,

Regarding Visa Application: GWFXXXXXXXXX
For: HUBBY FULL NAME

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield, UK. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre will be returned there for you to collect.

Applications submitted in Nigeria Visa Application Centres, Accra, Yaounde, Dakar, Banjul will be available for collection 3 - 5 days after receipt of this email. Please do not attend these VACs until this time has passed, or until you are notified that your documents are ready for collection.

If your visa has been Issued after a successful Appeal please go to the VAC 5 days after the receipt of this email. The VAC will not contact you regarding this.

Applications submitted at the mobile VACs in Abidjan and Freetown will be returned by courier directly to the address you have provided.

You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office unless you have made your application in North America and submitted a pre-paid courier envelope for your documents to be returned directly to you. If so you will also receive a further email with the courier tracking reference. Please note that if you applied at the Toronto Visa Application Centre on or after 28 April 2015, and have paid for your documents to be returned directly to you, you will shortly receive your tracking number from the Visa Application Centre rather than from this office.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

This is an automated message – please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

***********************************************************************************
Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
***********************************************************************************
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ssabeet: 11:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
Don't worry...start looking for flight tickets for him.

Portsmouth86:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:07am On Feb 06, 2016
Ssabeet:
Don't worry...start looking for flight tickets for him.

I have air miles ill be using to get a reward flight with Virgin will just need to pay the taxes smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 12:34am On Feb 06, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Blimey, this is gonna be the longest 12weeks of my life .. Thanks lots for sharing your timeline xx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 12:38am On Feb 06, 2016
Hi guys, i know its soooo hopeful and way to early for me to think about this as we've submitted only 2weeks ago. But i the new rule that u have to travel within 1 month of getting the settlement visa, is that like from it being stamped or day of collection? Cz i know theres atleast a 1 week gap between the two... :O

Sarrah x
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:42am On Feb 06, 2016
Saratkum:

Blimey, this is gonna be the longest 12weeks of my life .. Thanks lots for sharing your timeline xx

Everyone is different some have got a decision within a month, i really wish we did priority because the wait is so heart wrenching embarassed
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 12:45am On Feb 06, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Everyone is different some have got a decision within a month, i really wish we did priority because the wait is so heart wrenching embarassed

We didnt do priority either.. `_` I didnt even know about it till way tooo late.. Any idea how much it is?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:50am On Feb 06, 2016
Saratkum:

We didnt do priority either.. `_` I didnt even know about it till way tooo late.. Any idea how much it is?

Yea its £360 a lot of dosh sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 1:19am On Feb 06, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Yea its £360 a lot of dosh sad

Omg wut. Honestly i expected it to be sooo much more.. it would have been sooo worth this heartache </3

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 1:41am On Feb 06, 2016
Jeljay:
Hello Guys.
I submitted supporting documents for my wife spouse visa application from London to UK VISA & IMMIGRATION PO BOX 3468
SHIEFFIELD, UNITED KINGDOM
S3 8WA through Royal Mail on the 12th and when I tracked it on the website, it shows status as DELIVERED on the 13th. But below it states with reference AE*********GB has reached its PO Box and is awaiting collection/delivery, up till this very moment.
I'm a bit confused here because I haven't got an notification for the HO stating they have received my supporting documents.
Please has this happened to anyone, any advice would be highly appreciated. What do I do in this situation, starting to get a bit worried.

I am in the same situation right now.. mine was supposedly delivered on Jan 21st.. no confirmation email. Did u get urs sorted?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 1:46am On Feb 06, 2016
GUYS! I am SO freaked out about this post.. that u must travel to the UK within 30days of the intended travel date u said on the application form??! Our solicitor was too damn optimistc on the date he wrote!! What does this mean?? :O What did u guys write for ur intened date of travel? It says u'd have to re-apply for a 30days visa.. SO CONFUSED!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.