Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,362 members, 7,826,425 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1040354 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jeljay: 1:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
Saratkum:

I am in the same situation right now.. mine was supposedly delivered on Jan 21st.. no confirmation email. Did u get urs sorted?

@saratkum
Spoke to someone at royalmail and I was told UKVI comes to pickup all the mails in a van and they he can assure me mine was one of the parcels that was picked up.
Still haven't gotten a confirmation email, but a solicitor friend of mine told me it's not Unusual for them not to send confirmation email. Don't worry about, I'm sure it's with them.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
Saratkum:
GUYS! I am SO freaked out about this post.. that u must travel to the UK within 30days of the intended travel date u said on the application form??! Our solicitor was too damn optimistc on the date he wrote!! What does this mean?? :O What did u guys write for ur intened date of travel? It says u'd have to re-apply for a 30days visa.. SO CONFUSED!!

We put intended date of 24th December but I knew wouldn't get it by then.

If you put a date after the visa has been granted they can at times give you 30 days from that date, thus meaning you wouldn't be able to travel until that intended date, example: if you put intended date 28 February but decision made on 14 February your entry clearance can be dated 28 February which will be day 1 of the 30,days but some ECO still date it from the decision date smiley

However if you put a date that has passed then they would just date the pippet 30 days from the decision made date.

Dont panic smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
The date got nothing to do with the visa if u re successful. They start counting ur 30 days from the date of ur decision. Like someone i know was met to travel first week of Nov but got visa issue on Dec 4. Then the 30 days starts from dec 4 and got passport at Ikeja visa center on the 16th Dec. And the 30 days expires Jan 3. Just two weeks to book tickets and travel then pick BRP card within 10 days of arrival in the UK. Hope it's helps

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 11:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
Portsmouth86:

We put intended date of 24th December but I knew wouldn't get it by then.

If you put a date after the visa has been granted they can at times give you 30 days from that date, thus meaning you wouldn't be able to travel until that intended date, example: if you put intended date 28 February but decision made on 14 February your entry clearance can be dated 28 February which will be day 1 of the 30,days but some ECO still date it from the decision date smiley

However if you put a date that has passed then they would just date the pippet 30 days from the decision made date.

Dont panic smiley

Thanks!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 11:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
Oreskid:
The date got nothing to do with the visa if u re successful. They start counting ur 30 days from the date of ur decision. Like someone i know was met to travel first week of Nov but got visa issue on Dec 4. Then the 30 days starts from dec 4 and got passport at Ikeja visa center on the 16th Dec. And the 30 days expires Jan 3. Just two weeks to book tickets and travel then pick BRP card within 10 days of arrival in the UK. Hope it's helps

Thanks yeah this makes sense now!! Cheers!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 11:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
Jeljay:

@saratkum
Spoke to someone at royalmail and I was told UKVI comes to pickup all the mails in a van and they he can assure me mine was one of the parcels that was picked up.
Still haven't gotten a confirmation email, but a solicitor friend of mine told me it's not Unusual for them not to send confirmation email. Don't worry about, I'm sure it's with them.
Oh okay, yh saw a few timelines on here where they didnt get a confirmation email.. hope its all good!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 1:41am On Feb 07, 2016
I am gathering my documents as many as I can find.
Do I need to include my employment contract?

For my work

I have employer letter
1 year payslip
Corresponding bank statements (I year)
P60 - 2012,2013,2014,2015 (this is all from my current employer)

I am supplying a year worth of payslip and statement so they choose how they want to calculate the financial requirement. I was on mat leave for 6 months even though my mat pay still exceeded the threshold. Just thought its best to produce 1 year . Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Am I missing anything please , and should I add the contract . the salary on the contract isn't what I'm on now so not sure if that's needed.

Another thing , we use online payslip . Does anyone know any issues surrounding this. I got the payroll manager to stamp all the copies. Do I need any thing else?

Interviews:

I have read a few places of interview of the application on the day of submission and biometrics. Please what is the interview about
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 2:19am On Feb 07, 2016
blza:

For my work

I have employer letter
1 year payslip

I am supplying a year worth of payslip and statement so they choose how they want to calculate the financial requirement. I was on mat leave for 6 months even though my mat pay still exceeded the threshold. Just thought its best to produce 1 year . Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Am I missing anything please , and should I add the contract . the salary on the contract isn't what I'm on now so not sure if that's needed.

Another thing , we use online payslip . Does anyone know any issues surrounding this. I got the payroll manager to stamp all the copies. Do I need any thing else?

Interviews:

I have read a few places of interview of the application on the day of submission and biometrics. Please what is the interview about
Yes for the contract, and 1yr payslips. Defo include them. Is the pay diff cz of mat leave? If so just state that briefly on your cover letter. Other docs u need u mean just for employment n finances? Cz theres a looOng list am sure mentioned already on this thread.

For finance just make sure u include things like type of job contract, annual pay n how long u've been paid the current pay plus how long have u been working there.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 11:00am On Feb 07, 2016
Saratkum:
Yes for the contract, and 1yr payslips. Defo include them. Is the pay diff cz of mat leave? If so just state that briefly on your cover letter. Other docs u need u mean just for employment n finances? Cz theres a looOng list am sure mentioned already on this thread.

For finance just make sure u include things like type of job contract, annual pay n how long u've been paid the current pay plus how long have u been working there.

Many thanks for your response
I was promoted after working with them for 1 year, have done my current role for 3 years and have yearly salary increments. This happens automatically so don't have a letter to back it up. Hence I said my current salary isn't what I am on now cos I am paid higher.

Yea, I know there are eternal list of documents to provide.

But I just wonder the point in providing my contracts. That means I have to provide 2 contracts covering my previous and current role with this job. And the salary differences due to yearly increases.That's plenty more explanations . I thought providing P60 certainly shows how long I have worked and yearly earnings, payslips + with corresponding bank statements authenticates the income, letter from employer confirming period of employment and earnings will suffice.

If the contract is the deal breaker , I will surely include it. But just not feeling that. I am trying to avoid any confusion.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
blza:

For my work

I have employer letter
1 year payslip

Interviews:

Are you still on MAT pay? They take 6 months prior to going on maternity pay this is in the appendix fm section 5.5.19
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/469692/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_August_2015.pdf

Contract of employment of course wouldn't match any payrises or promotions this is why you need a letter from your employer confirming certain points. If you ctrl F on that document I gave the link for search maternity, it will bring every paragraph relating to your own case.

Please note it is a choice to add the employment contract however it proves your length with your employer and the more evidence you can supply is better for them to make a decision on your application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
is it Monday yet grin shocked cheesy tongue

no IHS refund yet so im hopeful smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
Portsmouth86:
I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, and a prosperous New Year 2016.

May we see many more successful visa applications.

God bless us all in our journey of life

Mrs Bakare smiley
Errm just saw this old post, u r a Mrs Bakare?? Idk if this is a super common name in Nigeria but so am I D: Praying you finally get to have your Mr Bakare with u soon x

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 6:35pm On Feb 07, 2016
Saratkum:
Errm just saw this old post, u r a Mrs Bakare?? Idk if this is a super common name in Nigeria but so am I D: Praying you finally get to have your Mr Bakare with u soon x

Ha ha yes I am indeed a Mrs Bakare smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 6:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
@ portsmouth86, your hubby should get his passport withing Monday to Wednesday. Take me for my words and visa issued on Jan 27 the day u went for interview.... congratulations Mr and Mrs Bakare

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
Oreskid:
@ portsmouth86, your hubby should get his passport withing Monday to Wednesday. Take me for my words and visa issued on Jan 27 the day u went for interview.... congratulations Mr and Mrs Bakare

Thank you sweetie God bless you I am feeling very positive, back into work for me tonight start at midnight sad wonder if i can sleep come morning when i finish haha tongue
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Ha ha yes I am indeed a Mrs Bakare smiley
Lol so am I.. :O Am off to a night shift too, start in an hour >_< What do you do?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
Saratkum:
Lol so am I.. :O Am off to a night shift too, start in an hour >_< What do you do?

I'm a travel consultant believe it or not but servicing Australia, UAE, Philippines,Hong Kong, Thailand and moving over to new countries all the time, client is Citibank, through an affiliate company, I've been there 10 yrs on 3rd April this year smiley (with exception of 2 months when I got made redundant in 2014, left then went back 2 month later) can't keep away haha

https://www.affinioninternational.co.uk/about-us/
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 1:14am On Feb 08, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I'm a travel consultant believe it or not but servicing Australia, UAE, Philippines,Hong Kong, Thailand and moving over to new countries all the time, client is Citibank, through an affiliate company, I've been there 10 yrs on 3rd April this year smiley (with exception of 2 months when I got made redundant in 2014, left then went back 2 month later) can't keep away haha

https://www.affinioninternational.co.uk/about-us/
Oh gosh, thats exciting! You make my life sounds boring Lol And inexperienced.. i only got my 1st proper job this summer :| Bless ya x
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 1:25am On Feb 08, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Are you still on MAT pay? They take 6 months prior to going on maternity pay this is in the appendix fm section 5.5.19
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/469692/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_August_2015.pdf

Contract of employment of course wouldn't match any payrises or promotions this is why you need a letter from your employer confirming certain points. If you ctrl F on that document I gave the link for search maternity, it will bring every paragraph relating to your own case.

Please note it is a choice to add the employment contract however it proves your length with your employer and the more evidence you can supply is better for them to make a decision on your application

Many thanks. No I am no longer on mat leave. Returned to work in Dec. After 5 months mat leave. I have read the doc (thanks ) but as Its 2 months since I returned, not really sure how they would want to calculate the 6 months. Hence I am producing 12 months payslip , then they can choose how to calculate the 6 months. Which ever way though I quite exceed the threshold so not worried.

I will add contracts , whatever will bring hubby here asap , I am up for it. Last saw him a week ago and missing him aloottt
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 8:04am On Feb 08, 2016
Saratkum:
Oh gosh, thats exciting! You make my life sounds boring Lol And inexperienced.. i only got my 1st proper job this summer :| Bless ya x

You have to start from somewhere dear, I started off in a supermarket at 15 yrs old whilst still in school, been a cleaner worked in factories then came to my company first in 2004 as agency then I done a lot of odd placements then in 2006 applied with the company directly t&at I worked as an agency in 2004, so permanent 2006-2014 left for 2 months due to redundancy went to SSE then left and went back to the company that made me redundant (only because of the minimum income) and still I'm here

And I'm 29 smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 9:45am On Feb 08, 2016
Portsmouth86:

You have to start from somewhere dear, I started off in a supermarket at 15 yrs old whilst still in school, been a cleaner worked in factories then came to my company first in 2004 as agency then I done a lot of odd placements then in 2006 applied with the company directly t&at I worked as an agency in 2004, so permanent 2006-2014 left for 2 months due to redundancy went to SSE then left and went back to the company that made me redundant (only because of the minimum income) and still I'm here

And I'm 29 smiley
Oh wow, you have done so much.. i've literally went from studying/Uni to a permanent job ▪_▪
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:12am On Feb 08, 2016
Saratkum:
Oh wow, you have done so much.. i've literally went from studying/Uni to a permanent job ▪_▪

I went to college but then done qualifications through the company I work for smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yjb85: 11:20am On Feb 09, 2016
CONGRATULATIONS Karen for the Visa. I am so happy for you the waiting is finally over.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hey everyone the wait is finally over and we did it we got a big fat YES grin

11 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by makB: 12:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
Congratulations Karen. Genuinely happy for you and your husband. Happy bonding!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
Portsmouth86:
b
A big congratulations from us here. It was worth the effort. Believing many other applicants had learnt one or two things from you. Cheers

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
Portsmouth86:

When are you planning this repatriation trip? Remember our BBQ!!!!
Congratulations.
NB: Hopefully when Mr Bakare comes over, your hands would not be too full,and you would still have time for Nairaland!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
@portsmouth86,

Yaayyyyyyy, so happy for you Karen cool I can now officially uncross my fingers and toes for you wink the journey seemed long but thankfully it was fruitful. Congratulations to you and hubby.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Genuinely happy for you!!!!! May he have a safe journey over to you x

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 4:26pm On Feb 09, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Awwwww!!! Congratulations dear...I knew this would come through. Soooooo happy for you both.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Davdar: 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2016
@ Portsmouth86

Congratulations dear! Very happy for hubby and you.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 5:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
Davdar:
@ Portsmouth86

Congratulations dear! Very happy for hubby and you.
Thank you smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.