Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,100 members, 7,825,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1040160 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:49am On Jun 21, 2016
Please tell Mr lexus...lololl

Portsmouth86:

Hey come on now smiley

Its busy work growing a baby and very exhausting with working Nights and keeping my husband happy haha

and i sent you a bbq (picture at that) hehe grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:52am On Jun 21, 2016
I am located in Cardiff, Wales.. and yes your name gave u away lolol... who is next in posting location...

Portsmouth86:
So everyone that has been granted Spouse visas, where will you be located? I definitely think there should be a link up somewhere lol

I'll start...
I am located in Portsmouth, Hampshire (think my name gives that away haha)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I mostly stayed with my husbands family in Bariga.

one occasion I went we stayed in a hotel half the time i booked it on booking.com, its a very stunning hotel and secure smiley

Apartment Royale Hotel & Suite
4 Wole Ogunjimi Street, Off Agbaoku Street, Opebi, 100281 Ikeja, Nigeria

Thanks @ madam Portsmouth86 I'll look for their contacts. ...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
lashani01:
We submitted on line application on 3rd March but biometrics was submitted on the 24th March. thanks

Have you heard anything yet?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 6:28am On Jun 22, 2016
tunderule2016:
Thanks.... i do have the APP on my phone.. they gave me first sending free and there rate is not very bad... thanks. Hope you are enjoying this EU referendum going on.... lol Have a blessed week...

I sure am and I'm voting to Remain, also I had my husband registered on the Electoral register as soon as he arrived so he is also voting to remain hehe

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 6:40am On Jun 22, 2016
mizbee:

Hello Portsmouth86, please wat is the 28 day rule on final payslip and bank statements

your final payslip and your final bank statement need to both be dated within 28 days of your Biometrics date

if you cannot get a latest bank statement you can approach the bank for a statement of accounts from last statement date till the day before you post the documents to Sheffield, the statement of accounts need to either be stamped or a letter from the issuing bank to state their authenticity.

And trust me I know many that get caught out by these documents being either close to or over the 28 days sad

its on the appendix FM 1.7 May 2016 edition section 3.3.8
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/525708/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf

for clarification my payslips are issued on the 28th of each month, And I paid for my husbands application on 7th November 2015 and his biometrics was 13th November, i made sure I supplied October payslip and all bank statements then from final statement date I went to Natwest to get a statement of accounts from the last date on my statement until the 13th November when my husband done his biometrics, so i was well within the 28 days for financial evidence

And to make sure I had my HR dept reprint my letter with a closer date as well

hope this helps
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 6:45am On Jun 22, 2016
deept:

Guess it means all supporting documents, bank statements etc must be sourced /dated maximum 28 days before date of application

just the final ones for financial evidence smiley

bank statement and payslip

(up to date statement of account with an accompanying letter if the bank refuse to stamp)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 6:47am On Jun 22, 2016
Davdar:
Good morning everyone

Please when you write a letter to your MP regarding an appeal, do they write to the tribunal or the home office? I contacted my MP regarding my husband's appeal as we were told they really busy and we can't hearing date this year unless next year, meaning it will take over a year. My MP got back to me saying he has contacted the tribunal and they said they will get back to him by 8 weeks. Has anyone done this before and how long did it take? What was the outcome?

Thank you

the current appeal times are 12-18 months sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
God is good. Got mine today.

Longest part of the wait between a decision has been made email(16th) till application ready for pickup (22nd). Decision made exactly 2 weeks(10 working days) after biometrics.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mizbee: 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2016
deept:

Longest part of the wait between a decision has been made email(16th) till application ready for pickup (22nd). Decision made exactly 2 weeks(10 working days) after biometrics.

Congratulation Deept. Did u use d priority service?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2016
mizbee:

Congratulation Deept. Did u use d priority service?
yes priority\

Timeline:

May 25th 2016- Online Application submitted
June 2nd - attended his Biometric in Lagos
June 3rd - sent supporting docs
June 16- Decision made email from Sheffield .
June 21- TLS contact update and email about decision being made.
June 22- TLS contact passport ready for collection

SUCCESS!!!!!

those still about to apply, all the info needed is in the thread. Just follow Portsmouth86, justwise and tunderule's post(these guys and everyone else here has been great, thank you) and you have majority of your questions answered

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
Am so happy for you .... you are so welcome..
Stay blessed and Keep a good travel history ... post your time line here https://www.nairaland.com/3041260/post-uk-visa-timeline-here

deept:
yes priority\

Timeline:

SUCCESS!!!!!

those still about to apply, all the info needed is in the thread. Just follow Portsmouth86, justwise and tunderule's post(these guys and everyone else here has been great, thank you) and you have majority of your questions answered
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by samadwhosane: 7:50pm On Jun 22, 2016
hi
could you please tell what could be the decision

application submitted in - 31/05/2016
mail recived - 22/06/2016

Your Reference: New Delhi / 4052468

22/06/2016

Dear SYED SAMAD HUSSAIN

Thank you for your UK visa application. A decision has now been made on your application and has been dispatched along with the documentation submitted.

The completed application has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre for VFS to process and forward to you, in accordance with your instructions to them.

*** IMPORTANT: If your application for a visa is granted then it is your responsibility to check the validity of the visa issued to ensure that it covers the period of stay requested, the number or entries required, and that it is valid for the purpose of the trip.***

Yours sincerely,
UK Visas and Immigration
South and South East Asia Region

PLEASE NOTE: This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. If you need to reply telephone the office dealing with your application, quoting your reference number ## VAF No. ##.

***********************************************************************************
Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
***********************************************************************************
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dablak1(m): 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
deept:

Congratulations!!! Sooo Happy for you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
deept:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
deept:
yes priority\

Timeline:

SUCCESS!!!!!

I would be waiting for you at Murtala Mohammed Airport. You cannot leave us here in Nigeria and not drop something for the boys.
Tunderule2016 and Portsmouth86(husband), both escaped. We would not allow you escape!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
LMAOOOO Mr lexus... u no dey gree... no worry when i come naija we go definitely hook up...

Lexusgs430:

I would be waiting for you at Murtala Mohammed Airport. You cannot leave us here in Nigeria and not drop something for the boys.
Tunderule2016 and Portsmouth86(husband), both escaped. We would not allow you escape!!!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 7:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
tunderule2016:
LMAOOOO Mr lexus... u no dey gree... no worry when i come naija we go definitely hook up...

LOLZ. But you know say nah true nah

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 11:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hi Guys

I've been following this forum for a few weeks now and I've finally joined, YAY!

Basically my husband left for Nigeria 27th November 2015. He submitted his biometric on 20th April 2016, so I think we have like 3 weeks to wait for a response hopefully?!

Has anyone used the tracking service on TLScontact? is it up-to-date?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 5:30am On Jun 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Hahaha, lexus thanks o. Abeg on your way to the airport abeg pass by my house make I follow you, e be like say your boot go get space for luggage.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:36am On Jun 24, 2016
deept:

Hahaha, lexus thanks o. Abeg on your way to the airport abeg pass by my house make I follow you, e be like say your boot go get space for luggage.

Lol. If only you promise to hide me in one of the 20/32kg
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 5:40am On Jun 24, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hi Guys

I've been following this forum for a few weeks now and I've finally joined, YAY!

Basically my husband left for Nigeria 27th November 2015. He submitted his biometric on 20th April 2016, so I think we have like 3 weeks to wait for a response hopefully?!

Has anyone used the tracking service on TLScontact? is it up-to-date?

You should expect a decision to be made in 2 weeks If your application is straight forward all other things being equal that is if you use priority service.

Tls constantly updates you by email as the application moves through their system, same same as tracking on website. I suspect you get an update email when the system is updated.

Congratulations on joining, I pass the baton over to you. May your application be successful
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 8:12am On Jun 24, 2016
Hello, I just receive this from HO now. Can anyone gues what is happening? Am feeling very worry now.

Today is the 57days of my application.
Check below:----

Regarding Visa Application: GWF 

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration.  We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 8:30am On Jun 24, 2016
obabola123:
Hello, I just receive this from HO now. Can anyone gues what is happening? Am feeling very worry now.
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration.  We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.
Kind Regards,
Sheffield Visa Section

They probably need to verify something in your application, you might not get the decision after 60 working days pass
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 9:33am On Jun 24, 2016
obabola123:

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

I won't be surprised if you get a decision made email today...Av seen cases where they send that same email and send decision made email before the end of the day.

You should get a decision by d 60th day or few days after.

Let's be positive and fingers crossed for you...we will all smile in the next few days/weeks.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MsBeloxxi(f): 9:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
Please i need help. Am intending to apply for uk spouse visa next month. But the thing is that myself and hubby lost our skype conversation. i just have from last months convoy cos i didn't know i had my setting (not to keep convoys) activated. And thats the only medium asides phone calls we use to communicate. Please advice.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lashani01: 10:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
good evening all..just to update you with my application
March 3rd 2016- Online Application submitted
March 24th - attended his Biometric in Lagos
June 21st- Decision made email from Sheffield .
June 24th- Passport picked up and VISA enclosed

i do not have all the dates as we used a solicitor... cool..visa was issued first time with no complications June 14th.....
soooo happy...now looking for tickets for hubby

Thank you to everyone especially Justwise, Portsmouth and Tunderule

Good luck to everyone in the process of application..the amount of support and advise here is second to none
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 10:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
lashani01:

i do not have all the dates as we used a solicitor... cool..visa was issued first time with no complications June 14th.....

Good luck to everyone in the process of application..the amount of support and advise here is second to none
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
lashani01:

You must have made that solicitors day, by instructing his/her services.
Congratulations.............

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 5:36am On Jun 25, 2016
deept:
yes priority\

Timeline:

SUCCESS!!!!!

Many congratulations to you smiley

where will you be locating to?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.