Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034657 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:15am On Jul 24, 2016
Fifi123:
Hello evreyone
The decision to refuse my application has been overturned,,, I resubmitted my passport with call letter to tls to stamp visa, Its bees more than one month, sience 16/06/2016.
and still waiting...
does anybodey knews how long should i wait to get my passport back please ?
Is there any possible that they will refuse to stamp visa ?

Thank you

If the decision by has been overturned, overturned is the opposite of what you initially received. Meaning the visa would be issued.
When? How long is a piece of string? Use the intervening periods to organise your departure, say your goodbye's and not spend your flight ticket fund.
NB: Remember B4 you depart, you must drop something for us boys and girls on this thread!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 11:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
Hello Justwise and everyone,

My 1st 33 months spouse visa is expiring in May 2017 which means I need to apply for FLR(M) which is for 30 months latest by April 2017 but my passport will be expiring in October 2017. So here's my question:

Do i need to get a new passport before applying for my FLR in April or the current passport which is expiring in October 2017 will suffice?

Thank you very much for your response(s)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:47am On Jul 25, 2016
dammylizzy:
Hello Justwise and everyone,

My 1st 33 months spouse visa is expiring in May 2017 which means I need to apply for FLR(M) which is for 30 months latest by April 2017 but my passport will be expiring in October 2017. So here's my question:

Do i need to get a new passport before applying for my FLR in April or the current passport which is expiring in October 2017 will suffice?

Thank you very much for your response(s)

Apply for a new passport. It takes only 7 days after application to receive it.
But the issue is getting an interview date (it could take almost a month for an interview date), not unless you know someone that knows someone in the passport office.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 8:12am On Jul 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Apply for a new passport. It takes only 7 days after application to receive it.
But the issue is getting an interview date (it could take almost a month for an interview date), not unless you know someone that knows someone in the passport office.

Thank you Lexusgs430
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fifi123: 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If the decision by has been overturned, overturned is the opposite of what you initially received. Meaning the visa would be issued.
When? How long is a piece of string? Use the intervening periods to organise your departure, say your goodbye's and not spend your flight ticket fund.
NB: Remember B4 you depart, you must drop something for us boys and girls on this thread!!!!

Thank you for your positive reply. But do you think it's taking to long time? 6 weeks!
I know some people got there visa after only 17 days, even her case was similar as mine, and we applied on the same time.

Do you it's normal
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
Fifi123:

Thank you for your positive reply. But do you think it's taking to long time? 6 weeks!
I know some people got there visa after only 17 days, even her case was similar as mine, and we applied on the same time.

Do you it's normal

Did they also go through the appeal process, to get their visa in 17 days?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fifi123: 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Did they also go through the appeal process, to get their visa in 17 days?

Yes they did. They applied before us only 11days. And she got visa before referendum, for me I resubmitted my passport with little bit of delay because I was waiting for my husbands passport renewal, 3 weeks between successful appeal letter and submit passport with call letter.
Do you think this can affect?
Shall my husband go to Sheffield and ask straight away?
Thank you so much.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2016
Fifi123:

Hi
Yes they did. They applied before us only 11days. And she got visa before referendum, for me I resubmitted my passport with little bit of delay because I was waiting for my husbands passport renewal, 3 weeks between successful appeal letter and submit passport with call letter.
Do you think this can affect?
Shall my husband go to Sheffield and ask straight away?
Thank you so much.

Go to Sheffield ke? Does he reside in Sheffield? He can email or call the Sheffield office?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fifi123: 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Go to Sheffield ke? Does he reside in Sheffield? He can email or call the Sheffield office?

He reside in Nottingham.
Do you think that is abnormal?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2016
Fifi123:

He reside in Nottingham.
Do you think that is abnormal?

Each case is treated on an individual basis. Since you have won your appeal, be patient.
ECO too has to consider the basis of your case, to issue visa or re-appeal decision.
Chill and enjoy our Nigerian heat!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fifi123: 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Each case is treated on an individual basis. Since you have won your appeal, be patient.
ECO too has to consider the basis of your case, to issue visa or re-appeal decision.
Chill and enjoy our Nigerian heat!!!

I don't think the HO can re-appeal, because its been more than 14 days. It's more than two months since I won appeal.
Isn't it?

Do you think there is something wrong I have to worry about?!

I'm stressed cry
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
Fifi123:

I don't think the HO can re-appeal, because its been more than 14 days. It's more than two months since I won appeal.
Isn't it?

Do you think there is something wrong I have to worry about?!

I'm stressed cry

The stress is a natural reaction. The thought of been with your husband and start earning in £(but not been able to, due to bureaucratic people).
It's enough to stress anyone. Chill and Relax, nothing untowards is happening. They just love to see people sweat and get stressed.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nikesteve: 6:43pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hello to everyone on here ..I can see all the good work you have been doing on here may God bless everyone that is helping other here...... Please I am new on this site I just want to ask you some questions about spouse visa UK ...my husband get a UK immigration lawyer to help me apply for the spouse visa ...so what her the supporting documents am going to need my husband is British citizen
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
Nikesteve:
Hello to everyone on here ..I can see all the good work you have been doing on here may God bless everyone that is helping other here...... Please I am new on this site I just want to ask you some questions about spouse visa UK ...my husband get a UK immigration lawyer to help me apply for the spouse visa ...so what her the supporting documents am going to need my husband is British citizen

My only question, why do you need a lawyer?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nikesteve: 7:00am On Jul 26, 2016
My husband just feel like collecting for the application because of the street
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nikesteve: 7:23am On Jul 26, 2016
The lawyer ask for some documents from us ..I will list the documents she ask for here .. so I want you to help me to go through it if will are fine with that only ...thanks to everyone on here.....(1.)copy of passport (2.)copy of stamp visa to Nigeria on my husband passport( 3.)original divorce certificate (4.)land registry( 5.)utility bills 6.council tax bill (7.)our WhatsApp communications( 8.)contract of employment ( 9.)employer letter ( 10.)last 6month original payslips (11.)last 6 month original bank statement (12.)p60 (13.)wedding pictures (14.)Casual pictures (15.)flights tickets (16.)marriage certificate...........please check does documents for me please
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nikesteve: 7:27am On Jul 26, 2016
My husband just feel like collecting for the application because of the stress
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 8:58am On Jul 26, 2016
UPDATE!!!

GOT MY PASSPORT BACK WITH THE VISA IN IT!!!

Thank you all for the support especially justwise for setting this up. I really do appreciate everyone for contributions throughout the process and good luck to everyone else waiting.

Country applying from: Nigeria
Type of visa applied for: Settlement-husband (non-priority)
Date application submitted (online or in person): April 19th 2016
Date biometrics taken: April 21st 2016
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: April 22nd 2016
Date supporting documents got delivered by Royal Mail: 27th April 2016
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline given: Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date
Date of documents dispatched: DECISION MADE EMAIL FROM SHEFFIELD ( 19/07/2016)
Date your visa was received: 25 JULY 2016
Date Visa was issued: 13 JULY 2016

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:58am On Jul 26, 2016
Batba1:
UPDATE!!!

GOT MY PASSPORT BACK WITH THE VISA IN IT!!!

Thank you all for the support especially justwise for setting this up. I really do appreciate everyone for contributions throughout the process and good luck to everyone else waiting.

Country applying from: Nigeria
Type of visa applied for: Settlement-husband (non-priority)
Date application submitted (online or in person): April 19th 2016
Date biometrics taken: April 21st 2016
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: April 22nd 2016
Date supporting documents got delivered by Royal Mail: 27th April 2016
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline given: Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date
Date of documents dispatched: DECISION MADE EMAIL FROM SHEFFIELD ( 19/07/2016)
Date your visa was received: 25 JULY 2016
Date Visa was issued: 13 JULY 2016

Congratulations. Remember to drop something for us before you check out!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:00am On Jul 26, 2016
Nikesteve:
My husband just feel like collecting for the application because of the street

Interpretation? Or am I too drunk to understand?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:03am On Jul 26, 2016
Nikesteve:
The lawyer ask for some documents from us ..I will list the documents she ask for here .. so I want you to help me to go through it if will are fine with that only ...thanks to everyone on here.....(1.)copy of passport (2.)copy of stamp visa to Nigeria on my husband passport( 3.)original divorce certificate (4.)land registry( 5.)utility bills 6.council tax bill (7.)our WhatsApp communications( 8.)contract of employment ( 9.)employer letter ( 10.)last 6month original payslips (11.)last 6 month original bank statement (12.)p60 (13.)wedding pictures (14.)Casual pictures (15.)flights tickets (16.)marriage certificate...........please check does documents for me please

If you have decided to use a lawyer, you are paying enough to the lawyer. The lawyer should know the process and documents required.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 10:30am On Jul 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations. Remember to drop something for us before you check out!!!!

No Wahala Bros...Boiz go drop somtin

You are indeed a blessing to this group sir...thank you for very helpful tips and detailed advice...most especially the time you put in this group...I appreciate you.

ur sense of humour nor get part 2...I go learn from you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:36am On Jul 26, 2016
Batba1:

No Wahala Bros...Boiz go drop somtin

You are indeed a blessing to this group sir...thank you for very helpful tips and detailed advice...most especially the time you put in this group...I appreciate you.

ur sense of humour nor get part 2...I go learn from you

Thank you Boss.
You started your enquiry in March and by July 2016, you are smiling all the way to Murtala Mohammed Airport (destination London Heathrow or other UK airports). Did you require a lawyer for any of your application process?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nikesteve: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2016
Alright Mr Lexusgs430 if you don't want to answer my question don't bother yourself okay ....you don't expect me to stop my husband after he as pay for the lawyer to submit my application....so if you feel to important to help then keep your advices to yourself....you are not God already so in my Lord Jesus I trust okay ..I will come back here and share good news to other people that want good thing for others
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2016
Nikesteve:
Alright Mr Lexusgs430 if you don't want to answer my question don't bother yourself okay ....you don't expect me to stop my husband after he as pay for the lawyer to submit my application....so if you feel to important to help then keep your advices to yourself....you are not God already so in my Lord Jesus I trust okay ..I will come back here and share good news to other people that want good thing for others

Did I touch a nerve or two?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nikesteve: 11:15am On Jul 26, 2016
I can see that you are feeling to important ....and you are not the only one on this site to help other ...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:20am On Jul 26, 2016
Nikesteve:
I can see that you are feeling to important ....and you are not the only one on this site to help other ...

I would pretend like I did not see this comment
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 11:21am On Jul 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Thank you Boss.
You started your enquiry in March and by July 2016, you are smiling all the way to Murtala Mohammed Airport (destination London Heathrow or other UK airports). Did you require a lawyer for any of your application process?

Hahaha no oo...no need for lawyer even though I voluntarily returned in 2014 after having lived in London since 2010, and also with 4 refusals altogether (tier 5) since Feb 2015

It's just down to being honest in the application really and reading this forum from page 1 to the last page haha...time consuming but this material heavy and worth every second!!! Make we publish am nah Abi

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:25am On Jul 26, 2016
[quango te author=Batba1 post=47899937]

Hahaha no oo...no need for lawyer even though I voluntarily returned in 2014 after having lived in London since 2010, and also with 4 refusals altogether (tier 5) since Feb 2015

It's just down to being honest in the application really and reading this forum from page 1 to the last page haha...time consuming but this material heavy and worth every second!!! Make we publish am nah Abi [/quote]

Lol. The share wey Seun go request for copyright ownership and infringements, it's cheaper and best we let it all grow and fester on nairaland forum.
You don pack finish?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nikesteve: 11:27am On Jul 26, 2016
But it is not my fault of getting lawyer ...it is my husband that was thinking it will be good to get a lawyer and then I don't know anything about this site before and will have already pay for the lawyer since 2month ago
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 11:32am On Jul 26, 2016
Nikesteve:

Hahahahah trust me he's gon be your best friend on this forum after this...hahahaha

Maybe if you read majority of the pages on here you'd understand how he tries to help by easing the tension so in the midst of the worry you can still smile and look at the brighter side to his comments...

I think he was just trying to say the lawyer would most likely not regard you trying to teach him his job...same as you wnt like a client to tell you about ur job. Your lawyer knows best even as you have paid him to do the job.

nor vex Ehn...Biko

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:39am On Jul 26, 2016
Batba1:

Hahahahah trust me he's gon be your best friend on this forum after this...hahahaha

Maybe if you read majority of the pages on here you'd understand how he tries to help by easing the tension so in the midst of the worry you can still smile and look at the brighter side to his comments...

I think he was just trying to say the lawyer would most likely not regard you trying to teach him his job...same as you wnt like a client to tell you about ur job. Your lawyer knows best even as you have paid him to do the job.

nor vex Ehn...Biko

I could have not been able to express your points any better.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.