Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037000 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mizbee: 11:18am On Aug 02, 2016
Good morning everyone and happy new month. Pls, just want to ask if anyone renewed his/her Nigerian International Passport recently? Will like to know d price. I want to compare prices cos of all dis scammers dat extort since der is no fixed price as per naija style undecided undecided. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 7:04pm On Aug 02, 2016
Where do you live? If you live in the UK, there is nothing to scam u about. U will do everything online and is very cheap.
mizbee:
Good morning everyone and happy new month. Pls, just want to ask if anyone renewed his/her Nigerian International Passport recently? Will like to know d price. I want to compare prices cos of all dis scammers dat extort since der is no fixed price as per naija style undecided undecided. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
Check their website and everything is there.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mizbee: 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
Benuromi:
Where do you live? If you live in the UK, there is nothing to scam u about. U will do everything online and is very cheap.

@Benuromi I reside in Lagos. I did check der website but d price on it is quite different from d real price. Just got info from my In-Law dat 32 pages is 27k, while 64 pages is 35k but dat d 32 pages is not available presently. So, am trying to compare prices. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
Sorry, I taught you live in the UK. I don't really know how they do it over Nigeria at present but in the UK, is fixed price.
mizbee:

@Benuromi I reside in Lagos. I did check der website but d price on it is quite different from d real price. Just got info from my In-Law dat 32 pages is 27k, while 64 pages is 35k but dat d 32 pages is not available presently. So, am trying to compare prices. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hi Guys

Tomorrow makes it day 75 since my husband submitted his Biometric. Still no news from the HO. Last update was a decision is being delayed pending further enquiries. My mind was set on 60days but this isn't the case. sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hi Guys

Tomorrow makes it day 75 since my husband submitted his Biometric. Still no news from the HO. Last update was a decision is being delayed pending further enquiries. My mind was set on 60days but this isn't the case. sad

I know how you feel, I've been there just hold on your joy will come soon. Though it's not easy to wait which is the most hard and confusing thing to do. God will speed it up for you, hay this week might even be your last week to wait and next week your joyful week.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hi Guys

I know the wait is very hard but please hold on and be strong...God is working it out for your good...you will soon receive it by God's grace

Share your good news with us in the next few days...good luck!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by customised87: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2016
Portsmouth86:

@Batba1

for my husband to come to the UK I bought Royal Air Maroc, stop in Casablanca (2hr stop) a one way cost about £320 booked it Mon 8th Feb for travel on Saturday 13th Feb, so very close to departure date, also out of season.

It all depends when you book it, eg we are now in peak season for flights

Hello, i saw on Royal Air Maroc website that the baggage allowance is just one 23kg bag. Is that really the case or the website is misleading?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ade8889: 1:32am On Aug 05, 2016
ok
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:39am On Aug 05, 2016
Ade8889:
This is kind of long but I need advice. My bf and I want to get married etc. We have been dating for some time now.He is Nigerian and I am from the USA. We both met in the UK as uni students. I am in the middle of my PHD and my bf degree just ended. I was thinking we get married in Nigeria and I follow up the process of changing my name on my US passport and get a Nigerian passport. I was thinking it would be an easier transition for him to come as my tier 4 dependent if we had the same last name. At the moment, we are not focusing on the green card because I do not live in the USA and I have stay in the UK for 5 years. I've also been in the UK four years prior to my 5 year stay.

All this looks convoluted and confusing. Would read and reply in bits
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:45am On Aug 05, 2016
Ade8889:
This is kind of long but I need advice. My bf and I want to get married etc. We have been dating for some time now.He is Nigerian and I am from the USA. We both met in the UK as uni students. I am in the middle of my PHD and my bf degree just ended. I was thinking we get married in Nigeria and I follow up the process of changing my name on my US passport and get a Nigerian passport. I was thinking it would be an easier transition for him to come as my tier 4 dependent if we had the same last name. At the moment, we are not focusing on the green card because I do not live in the USA and I have stay in the UK for 5 years. I've also been in the UK four years prior to my 5 year stay.

Are you Nigerian? Why would you want a Nigerian passport?
Where does your bf presently reside? From your last paragraph, it's assumed you reside in the UK, on a 5 year permit?
Name change is not necessary, all that matters is the marriage certificate.
As you already observed, green card is not necessary yet(present destination UK).
Do you meet all the prerequisites for a tier 4 visa?

NB: A tier 4 visa thread already exists. Post your questions on that thread. I am sure smartphone and laptop advisers, would point you in the right direction.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:20am On Aug 05, 2016
Ade8889:

That is possible after getting married in Nigeria and meeting the financial requirements
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ade8889: 11:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
Ok
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 10:20pm On Aug 06, 2016
customised87:

Hello, i saw on Royal Air Maroc website that the baggage allowance is just one 23kg bag. Is that really the case or the website is misleading?

From my experience as a travel consultant, the baggage allowance is based on the class of service you choose, and destination and bare in mind there are many levels in each class of service ie you could have a economy ticket with baggage allowance yet another economy with no allowance, so it all goes on the ticket you purchase, and all baggage should be made clear prior to purchase.

My husband had 2x 23kg on his flight

his ticket stated ......

Flight 1 Saturday, February 13, 2016
confirmed Departure: 06:25 Lagos, Nigeria - Murtala Muhammed International, terminal I
Arrival: 10:00 Casablanca, Morocco - Mohammed V, terminal 2

Airline: Royal Air Maroc AT 554 Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Time limit check in: 1:00 before flight

Fare type: BESTPRICE
Baggage: 2 piece(s) per traveler

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by miko123: 8:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hello, please I have very serious question.

my question follow.

I have my uncle who marry British woman and just goes to UK not up to a Month, he applied for sponsor visa from Nigeria and the application was granted. But getting to UK now the marriage is not working out because the woman I never marry before at age of 45yr and she very troublesome and my uncle cant stand the nagging and the fight everyday, he not ready to dead with her problem.

so my uncle can't stand the marriage again because the woman is killing, What can my uncle do to change the paper from the relationship with his wife.

We need your advice, my uncle is coming back to Nigeria to attend my wedding October and go back UK after 3month now.

so we just need you advice what him can do in next few month coming now.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2016
miko123:

my question follow.

I have my uncle who marry British woman and just goes to UK not up to a Month, he applied for sponsor visa from Nigeria and the application was granted. But getting to UK now the marriage is not working out because the woman I never marry before at age of 45yr and she very troublesome and my uncle cant stand the nagging and the fight everyday, he not ready to dead with her problem.

so my uncle can't stand the marriage again because the woman is killing, What can my uncle do to change the paper from the relationship with his wife.

We need your advice, my uncle is coming back to Nigeria to attend my wedding October and go back UK after 3month now.

Assuming your uncle applied for a settlement visa, and the marriage is not working out. Unfortunately he would have to return to his home country or endure the marriage till such a time when he qualifies for an indefinite leave to remain(5 years).
Assuming during all the process, his wife is still happy to continue supporting his appication.
NB : Assuming he travels to Nigeria and his wife decides to spite him, reporting the current state of her relationship to the UKBA. Your uncle could be denied entry upon return .

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2016
miko123:

my question follow.

Oh well, your uncle has to make the marriage work or end it and return to Nigeria. I'm just wondering why he suddenly realized all these character issues after getting the visa and moving to the UK.

..for better or for worse...they say

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
justwise:

Oh well, your uncle has to make the marriage work or end it and return to Nigeria. I'm just wondering why he suddenly realized all these character issues after getting the visa and moving to the UK.

..for better or for worse...they say

The character did not matter at the point of application(anything to enter UK). Now that the 1st hurdle has been crossed, sharp guy wan bail and still hold onto residential entitlement(he wants to eat his puff puff and have it)!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:10am On Aug 09, 2016
Lexusgs430:

The character did not matter at the point of application(anything to enter UK). Now that the 1st hurdle has been crossed, sharp guy wan bail and still hold onto residential entitlement(he wants to eat his puff puff and have it)!!!

Its 5yrs mortgage deal, pay your monthly dues or get your house repossessed .

Days are gone when foreign women/men are used for visa and left home and dry

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:47am On Aug 09, 2016
justwise:

Its 5yrs mortgage deal, pay your monthly dues or get your house repossessed .

Days are gone when foreign women/men are used for visa and left home and dry

By the time the 5 year mortgage is ripe, and remortgage is due. He probably would have adapted and adopted to his unruly wife.
I bet if the wife has a platform to voice her opinion(s), she would paint a different picture.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
@justwise and @Lexusgs430 LMAO!!!!!!!!!! i can't deal...you two give us life on here hahahahahahahha...the subtlety in your 'innocent' shades are real...hahahahaahah

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
Batba1:
@justwise and @Lexusgs430 LMAO!!!!!!!!!! i can't deal...you two give us life on here hahahahahahahha...the subtlety in your 'innocent' shades are real...hahahahaahah

Oga Batba1, what more can we say nah ? During the courtship and application process, all the negative attitudes were either endured or ignored. You don't expect bad behaviours(alleged)(he loved it then,he better keep loving it) to be dropped when the settlement visa was issued(not unless it was a wider scheme and scam), where another ekeate is awaiting him to dissolve the marraige and they can pick up the spoils !!!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 8:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
My brother, tell your uncle to manage the situation of the family. It just normal woman wala and I strongly believe it normal jealously.
My wife is also British and she jealous, so tell him to keep his house to save stress.

Let me tell you what happen recurrently, someone with sponsor resident card. He travel to Nigeria stay over 2month til now, and his wife av already call home office that is tired of the marriage. the cant book his ticket now because his scare wat will happen on return.

miko123:

my question follow.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lambano222: 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hello Friends,

I got married about for years ago and now i and my husband with our one year two years old baby , want to relocate to Germany or any good European country to live with our son.

Please i need advise on the best European country to live in with good reception on foreign national and also the kind of visa to apply for .

Please we need your advise .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 4:40pm On Aug 10, 2016
Pls am stuck here. My husband is about to request for the letter from his employer but we are not sure what the ECO means by "the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary to be relied on". I would also appreciate it if someone can show me a sample of the letter from their employer. Thanks dearies!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 5:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
Nna eeh,I have sacrificed my passport and marriage cert and others for my husband vusa.it has being 2 months now no documents returned.i have being tossed from one end to other.so I have decided to get a new passport.any one have any ideas plz.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 7:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
nky2015:
Nna eeh,I have sacrificed my passport and marriage cert and others for my husband vusa.it has being 2 months now no documents returned.i have being tossed from one end to other.so I have decided to get a new passport.any one have any ideas plz.

Hi nky2015,

I had a similar case to yours, my visa was granted 31/07/2015. My passport got to me early August, I relocated in October but my hubby still hadn't received our original documents when I arrived, I started bombarding them with emails everyday. My hubby joined at first then gave up after a while. The annoying thing was each email was treated by a different person so they kept saying they will escalate and nothing ever came of it. I got really frustrated and started copying in their previous responses into my email. My hubby wanted us to give up and start the process of getting our documents back from the various issuers (I guess that was because he didn't put in his original passport). I refused, I couldn't imagine losing all my documents including my University certificates because I used them as proof of English Language. In the end, I got a personalised email from a 'real' human being not the annoying robotic customer services people and I was asked to send in yet another prepaid envelope and I finally got my documents in November 2015.

It's a long winded story and a long winded process, if you don't have the energy to disturb them everyday, you can reapply for a new passport but I refused to give in.

Cheers and goodluck.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2016
How did u do it.who did u contact plz.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 8:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
They told me they escalated it to ukvisa.but they haven't recieved any reply yet.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 12:19am On Aug 11, 2016
nky2015:
They told me they escalated it to ukvisa.but they haven't recieved any reply yet.

Yeah, they kept saying they had escalated and they will get in touch with me within one day but they never did. Sometimes they'd say they can see my query has been escalated and they will provide feedback later. Stories!!!

It was the 'do not reply' email address from the ukba site I was sending my emails to and I kept adding my contact ID each time I emailed as well as numbering my emails and I put a bold MISSING ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS as my subject then I reminded them in each mail that I urgently needed my documents.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 10:50am On Aug 11, 2016
I have jus tired but it's bouncing back.could u help me get that mail address plz.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.