Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038259 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
TunzAntman:
Hi Nairalanders, thanks for all the contribution on the thread. It's uber helpful and encouraging.

So I just want some opinion on my case.

Arrived in the uk on a visit visa in Jan 03 (I was 15 at the time)

Visa expired in Jan 05

Was living illegally (studying and working, I have a valid NI, tried to apply but was ill advised to wait for the 10 year route as I was over 18) till Jan 13 when I was stopped by police and taken to detention centre.

Applied for discretionary leave to remain in Jan 13 and was refused in May 13.

Appealed to the lower tribunal in 13 and refused in 2014.

Appealed to upper tribunal was refused in May 2015.

I was the detained when I went to sign on at Croydon HO in May 15 and taken to detention as I had exhausted my appeals.

I immediately requested for voluntary leave and was granted. I bought my ticket and left the UK in June 15.

Me and my partner of 6 years just got married and I am about to apply to join her.

Questions:
Do you envisage any hiccups due to my immigration history?

Is it worth applying for priority service?

Do I need to mention my immigration history in my application?

Ps: no criminal records or cautions

Thank you guys! smiley

Dude, you're just going to waste money on priority. Yours is not a straightforward application. Like someone else pointed out, you'll be lucky to get it at the first try given your history.
Just do your application, include ALL details, no half truths or obfuscation, include every document required (there's a comprehensive list on this forum) and wait for them to get touch.
There's the EU right to family life which in all likelihood they will force you to invoke, so make sure to get in your application before we leave the EU!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TunzAntman: 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
justwise:

Were you working and studying with your true identity?

If you don't mention your immigration history you be refused and most likely to lose the appeal as well.

Judging by your immigration history you will be very very lucky to get the visa approved at first attempt.

Yes I was o. The NI card just came in the post when I turned 16. Like I mentioned, I applied for discretionary leave to remain as I didn't fall under any of the categories to apply for Indrfinite leave to remain. It was denied on the basis that I didn't live with my partner, didn't have any kids and wasn't married. They claimed that there's nothing stopping my partner coming to Naija to continue our relationship, and they weren't sure it was a relationship akin to marriage!

I didn't tell them I was working sha (real NI and drivers license)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:02am On Oct 19, 2016
TunzAntman:

Yes I was o. The NI card just came in the post when I turned 16. Like I mentioned, I applied for discretionary leave to remain as I didn't fall under any of the categories to apply for Indrfinite leave to remain. It was denied on the basis that I didn't live with my partner, didn't have any kids and wasn't married. They claimed that there's nothing stopping my partner coming to Naija to continue our relationship, and they weren't sure it was a relationship akin to marriage!

I didn't tell them I was working sha (real NI and drivers license)

I'm surprised that you were able to work and studied in the UK with expired visiting visa, it could come back to hunt you though because you have abused that visa and taking the immigration to lower and upper tribunal was a bad idea, though your age at that time may be considered.

That said, you took the right step by going home at your own cost and got married, so the battle starts now to see how the UKBA will look at your case.

Whether you use propriety service or not is the least of your problems, apply and be honest to the core about your immigration history.

Human right to family life matters not much here especially when there is no child involved. Concentrate on meeting all spouse visa requirements without leaving any gap and lets see how it pans out.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
Best of the day to you All,
My wife's application has been submitted online and all fees paid and appointment booked. I have gone through the checklists posted on previous pages, which I have ticked. But with regards to evidence of support, must i provide it? I have been sending money to my wife from feb 2015 part of which was for wedding preparation and up keeps, through azimo and small world fs. The amount varies as the max I sent in one transaction is £1876 and min £175.50. in total its about £8716. My question is, if I provide this, will they query the amount and do I need to write what the money was for?

Secondly, at the start of this whole process, my wife was not taking this application serious, I gave up on the application about two weeks ago as the documents I asked her to get since Feb 2016 where not forthcoming. Then, I booked my flight to Nigeria for this Friday to go visit her (and to pour out some ... as the thing don full). Last week, all documents were ready and her passport too. I want to double check with the gurus shey I still fit send my original documents from Naija to Shefield? I intend to travel with them and i have gotten the prepaid envelop with stamps.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
Benz101:
Best of the day to you All,
My wife's application has been submitted online and all fees paid and appointment booked. I have gone through the checklists posted on previous pages, which I have ticked. But with regards to evidence of support, must i provide it? I have been sending money to my wife from feb 2015 part of which was for wedding preparation and up keeps, through azimo and small world fs. The amount varies as the max I sent in one transaction is £1876 and min £175.50. in total its about £8716. My question is, if I provide this, will they query the amount and do I need to write what the money was for?

Secondly, at the start of this whole process, my wife was not taking this application serious, I gave up on the application about two weeks ago as the documents I asked her to get since Feb 2016 where not forthcoming. Then, I booked my flight to Nigeria for this Friday to go visit her (and to pour out some ... as the thing don full). Last week, all documents were ready and her passport too. I want to double check with the gurus shey I still fit send my original documents from Naija to Shefield? I intend to travel with them and i have gotten the prepaid envelop with stamps.

Send all documentations that you feel would make your application FULLY BAKED.........
NB : You travel 6000 miles to go touchdown? I hear say vivastreet get them boku boku.......... Na money e go chop...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TunzAntman: 6:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
justwise:

I'm surprised that you were able to work and studied in the UK with expired visiting visa, it could come back to hunt you though because you have abused that visa and taking the immigration to lower and upper tribunal was a bad idea, though your age at that time may be considered.

That said, you took the right step by going home at your own cost and got married, so the battle starts now to see how the UKBA will look at your case.

Whether you use propriety service or not is the least of your problems, apply and be honest to the core about your immigration history.

Human right to family life matters not much here especially when there is no child involved. Concentrate on meeting all spouse visa requirements without leaving any gap and lets see how it pans out.

Thank you. I'm just getting my documents watertight. Going to get an immigration barrister to give it the once over before I submit. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for your advice
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jojohoty: 7:11am On Oct 20, 2016
Hello people I won an appeal case and was sent a letter on the 22nd of sept to go and drop my passport for my visa but I did a change of name to my hubbys name on my new passport but submitted old and new passport and was told to a write a letter to the embassy stating this which I did with proof of sworn affidavit and news paper publication and submitted all but I haven't heard anything from the visa people in VI since. Please want to find out how long it takes to get my passport back from the visa office because it's almost a month and if anyone knows the number for the vsf office in VI so I can call and confirm because it's taking too long undecided
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nikesteve: 12:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hello good afternoon to you all...I received email now that a decision as been made on my application but am so so scared now because non of us are called for interview
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
Nikesteve:
Hello good afternoon to you all...I received email now that a decision as been made on my application but am so so scared now because non of us are called for interview
Don't be overwhelmed with fear. 90% of human fears doesn't come through. God dey. It shall be good news. Believe it.
Please can you state the time line of your application from when you applied till moment to help other applicants on this forum.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nikesteve: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
I will surely state my time line but let me get my passport back first because I haven't know the outcome yet
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
Jojohoty:
Hello people I won an appeal case and was sent a letter on the 22nd of sept to go and drop my passport for my visa but I did a change of name to my hubbys name on my new passport but submitted old and new passport and was told to a write a letter to the embassy stating this which I did with proof of sworn affidavit and news paper publication and submitted all but I haven't heard anything from the visa people in VI since. Please want to find out how long it takes to get my passport back from the visa office because it's almost a month and if anyone knows the number for the vsf office in VI so I can call and confirm because it's taking too long undecided

I'm also waiting to be called or emailed to come pick up my passport ..... resubmitted on the 29/9/2016......@Tls centre Abuja.

Your best bet is to email them using that email address they sent u.... or u can fill out that online form on the international enquiry page....

Its almost 3 weeks now..... ...I'm tired of emailing them ........
if u are around their office pay them a visit ....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
[sup][/sup]
Nikesteve:

Hello Madam,
I remember when you were waiting anxiously for this decision. Now the decision is made, it's almost turning to trepidation.
Don't worry.......... We on this forum join you to wish for a positive outcome.............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hi All,

Please will i be able to make the payment for application, medical surcharge & priority with my naira card?

Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 4:30pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ok, thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nikesteve: 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
Thank you so much sir .am really wishing for the good news, am scared because will did not received and call or email for interview at all.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nikesteve: 8:30pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hmmmm are you sure??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
Nikesteve:
Hmmmm are you sure??

Madam, your guess is as good as mine. But I am trying to remain positive(not HIV positive o ), at least for your sake. We need to hear good news from a few people expecting to check out like Andrew .......................................................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jojohoty: 10:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
wallg123:

I'm also waiting to be called or emailed to come pick up my passport ..... resubmitted on the 29/9/2016......@Tls centre Abuja.

Your best bet is to email them using that email address they sent u.... or u can fill out that online form on the international enquiry page....

Its almost 3 weeks now..... ...I'm tired of emailing them ........
if u are around their office pay them a visit ....
hi pls where can I find this form?can yo put up the link pls thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 1:49am On Oct 21, 2016
Nikesteve:

Don't worry, no need to be checking. My wife's own took about 4 weeks, I didn't bother myself, I just left them until they emailed her to pick it up.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nikesteve: 5:13am On Oct 21, 2016
Alright thanks ...I will stay positive
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by seun07: 11:47am On Oct 21, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Good job to all the contributors here.

My wife holds a British passport but we are currently in Nigeria(wife is pregnant) and we want to relocate to the UK. As none of us is in the Uk and cannot fulfill the financial requirement of N18,600. please, what's the best possible advice as we want to relocate. Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
seun07:
Hi Everyone,

Good job to all the contributors here.

My wife holds a British passport but we are currently in Nigeria(wife is pregnant) and we want to relocate to the UK. As none of us is in the Uk and cannot fulfill the financial requirement of N18,600. please, what's the best possible advice as we want to relocate. Thank you.

My advise to you :
(1) Wife gives birth in Nigeria (Keeps baby in Nigeria), only after your child is fully weaned off breast milk
(2) Wife locates to the UK (She goes to ginger her hustle). Meet up all the prerequites for application
(3) You submit spousal application for you and baby
(4) Submit priority aplication
(5) Allow about 2 months after application
(6) Start packing your bags and Baby's bag

NB : All this process would take at least 48 months (at the minimum)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by seun07: 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
Lexusgs430:

My advise to you :
(1) Wife gives birth in Nigeria (Keeps baby in Nigeria), only after your child is fully weaned off breast milk
(2) Wife locates to the UK (She goes to ginger her hustle). Meet up all the prerequites for application
(3) You submit spousal application for you and baby
(4) Submit priority aplication
(5) Allow about 2 months after application
(6) Start packing your bags and Baby's bag

NB : All this process would take at least 48 months (at the minimum)

thanks @Lexusgs430, this process is quite long.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2016
seun07:

thanks @Lexusgs430, this process is quite long.

Are you aware of a shorter process?
NB: Do you have any savings in Nigeria?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by seun07: 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Are you aware of a shorter process?
NB: Do you have any savings in Nigeria?

not aware of a shorter process.

well, depends on how much you are talking about coupled with the crazy exchange rate.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2016
seun07:

not aware of a shorter process.

well, depends on how much you are talking about coupled with the crazy exchange rate.

Equivalent of about £60,000
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by seun07: 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Equivalent of about £60,000

no sir.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2016
seun07:

no sir.

If properly planned, 2 years would fly past......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
seun07:

no sir.

Your wife can travel to the uk (pregnant or after birth), depending on how heavy she is
Considering her been out of the system possibly for a while, where is her support network going to come from?
How would she look for a job, go to work, care for baby and start organizing documentations for your application?
No magical wand, anything done properly, is done well.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by seun07: 4:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Your wife can travel to the uk (pregnant or after birth), depending on how heavy she is
Considering her been out of the system possibly for a while, where is her support network going to come from?
How would she look for a job, go to work, care for baby and start organizing documentations for your application?
No magical wand, anything done properly, is done well.....

yea, i get your point. it might be difficult for her to get a job during her pregnancy, plus NHS might not give free medicals based on her being out of the system .

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.