Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038149 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2016
seun07:

yea, i get your point. it might be difficult for her to get a job during her pregnancy, plus NHS might not give free medicals based on her being out of the system .

So you get my drift now, right?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by seun07: 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2016
Lexusgs430:

So you get my drift now, right?

Yea i do. Thanks

What if wifee writes certifications like CFA or ACCA as she's still in Nigeria, that might get a good/average Job immediately in the UK? though UK employers align more to your skills than certs.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:50pm On Oct 21, 2016
seun07:

Yea i do. Thanks

What if wifee writes certifications like CFA or ACCA as she's still in Nigeria, that might get a good/average Job immediately in the UK? though UK employers align more to your skills than certs.

Immediately is a very subjective word. Any certifications she can write, might help her job prospects. But immediately, don't raise or hope for false or abstract expectations........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by seun07: 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Immediately is a very subjective word. Any certifications she can write, might help her job prospects. But immediately, don't raise or hope for false or abstract expectations........

Thank you sir once again.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 11:48pm On Oct 21, 2016
Hi All,
Is there any1 who's partner was self employed at the time of submission?

So I get 1st hand tips..

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 12:26am On Oct 22, 2016
Hi guys

Just a quick update. my husbands biometric was done 20th april 2016. Todays makes 131 working days. still no email that a decison has been made.
-Called the HO on 5/10/16 was told the application has been processed and a decision was made on the 28/09/16 and the docs should be ready in a few days, we heard nothing.
-Called the HO on the 13/10/16 chasing the docs or an email that the decision has been made was told that there was an update on the decision on 12/10/16. Its really strange what is happening. Has anyone else experienced this?

Up until now my husband has not received a decision made email. I only know through call ukvi. He went to the VI immigration office yesterday and they told him they dont have his documents but they can see on the system a decision has been made.

The whole process is abnormal and emotionally draining. sad sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sanspiffy(m): 8:01am On Oct 22, 2016
Good guys

Can someone on this thread help me with my current situation. I applied for a spousal visa( being with my partner whom is a British citizen for more than 2years). so I applied through the two year route as I am not ready or making any marriage plans at the moment. I submitted my application with all the evidence I could possibly put together.
Recently I got a letter from the home office asking for more evidence on our cohabitation for 2years. To be honest most of what was being asked for cannot be provided especially the house and tenancy bills as my girlfriend and our brother has got that covered when they got the property. I only pay the electric bills, food and grocery shopping and our virgin media kahuna subscription which was contracted only six months ago. Any advice from the experts on this thread will be appreciated. cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2016
Jennyze:
Hi All,
Is there any1 who's partner was self employed at the time of submission?

So I get 1st hand tips..

Thanks

Self Employment - I hope their tax affairs is in order? And they have other relevant prerequisites documentations?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:42am On Oct 22, 2016
sanspiffy:
Good guys

Can someone on this thread help me with my current situation. I applied for a spousal visa( being with my partner whom is a British citizen for more than 2years). so I applied through the two year route as I am not ready or making any marriage plans at the moment. I submitted my application with all the evidence I could possibly put together.
Recently I got a letter from the home office asking for more evidence on our cohabitation for 2years. To be honest most of what was being asked for cannot be provided especially the house and tenancy bills as my girlfriend and our brother has got that covered when they got the property. I only pay the electric bills, food and grocery shopping and our virgin media kahuna subscription which was contracted only six months ago. Any advice from the experts on this thread will be appreciated. cheers

If no documentations for Cohabitation can be provided, time to start inviting us for the wedding party?
Did you read through required documentations, prior to application? And if you did, you thought a half - baked application might cut it?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 11:06am On Oct 22, 2016
I do monitor and study both Pakistan-uk-visa-appeals at http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigration-for-family-members/pakistan-uk-spouse-visa-appeals-t189684-80.html and its Nigeria counterpart nairaland.uk-visa-appeals, after my friend whom we share the same agony introduced the site to me of being a robust and more concerned about spouse appeals and timelines. I have been monitoring the TWO site since our appeals and those we appealed at the same month and the same review deadline. I have read two people who have been given court hearing dates. Lo0k at this:

Re: Pakistan UK Spouse visa appeals
by zeksy1 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:13 am

Ma review deadline was on 12th April 2016 and last week I received court date which is 22nd march 2017.It is quite a long wait and I can't wait more so m gonna reapply soon..InshaALLAH! And ma husband is frm Birmingham..

Re: Pakistan UK Spouse visa appeals
by zeksy1 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:04 pm

Online application: September 2015
Rejected: November 2015
Appeal submitted:27th Nov 2015
Review deadline:12th April 2016
Hearing date: 22nd March 2017

Compared to me and my friend
Spouse Application online:..... 15/05/15----7/07/15
Refusal date: ........02/11/15--------------09/10/15
Appeal date: .......... 23/11/15-------------06/11/15
Review Deadline notice: .........11/04/16-------05/04/16
Court Hearing date: .............. stillwaiting ----------still waiting
Decision: ..................-----------------------------
Call in letter:........................----------------------------

The question is :DOES HM COURTS AND TRIBUNALS NOT TREATING APPELLANTS WITH JUSTICE? Home Office will say individuals are treated on their merits, does this also applicable to the ministry of JUSTICE in the UK I see those that appealed in November, 2015 were given April, 2016 as Review deadline while will court hearing dates now be discriminating? Nigeria -Pakistan
MY PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE YOUR RESPONSE, WE ARE CONFUSED!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sanspiffy(m): 11:08am On Oct 22, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If no documentations for Cohabitation can be provided, time to start inviting us for the wedding party?
Did you read through required documentations, prior to application? And if you did, you thought a half - baked application might cut it?

Ermm yes I did quite read through the application form and the necessary documentation required. the 2year spouse route seem to me like a plausible and best available route to follow as my tier 4 visa is run out. As for the wedding invitation I bet you having a laugh, that would scream desperation and like I said not ready to settle down yet (not in my plans).
I did not submit a half baked application rather I showed substantial evidence but they are asking for more. [i]To be honest yeah I have lived with this chickfor upto 2yrs but my bank address was updated in 2015 and screwed me big time. cheers for your reply though
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2016
Good morning house, please what is the correct address to post documents to sheffield? I arrived Nigeria last night to arrange the neccessary documents for my wife, and I will be posting from Nigeria. The addresses I have are:
iNTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS AND VISA
6MILLSANDS
VULCAN HOUSE
SHEFFIELD
S3 8NH
UK

AND

UK VISAS AND IMMIGRATION INTERNATIONAL,
PO BOX 3468
SHEFFIELD
UK
S3 8WA.

My wife's appointment is on Monday.
your quick guide will be appreciated.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:48am On Oct 22, 2016
sanspiffy:

Ermm yes I did quite read through the application form and the necessary documentation required. the 2year spouse route seem to me like a plausible and best available route to follow as my tier 4 visa is run out. As for the wedding invitation I bet you having a laugh, that would scream desperation and like I said not ready to settle down yet (not in my plans).
I did not submit a half baked application rather I showed substantial evidence but they are asking for more. [i]To be honest yeah I have lived with this chickfor upto 2yrs but my bank address was updated in 2015 and screwed me big time. cheers for your reply though

Since your present visa has run out, and you are asked to provide more documentations, which you cannot presently fulfil.
What do you think is the best approach or course of action?
The deadline to provide extra documentations would run out, where does that leave you?
If we don't eat the yam because of the palm oil, we eat the palm oil because of the yam... .........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:50am On Oct 22, 2016
Benz101:
Good morning house, please what is the correct address to post documents to sheffield? I arrived Nigeria last night to arrange the neccessary documents for my wife, and I will be posting from Nigeria. The addresses I have are:
iNTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS AND VISA
6MILLSANDS
VULCAN HOUSE
SHEFFIELD
S3 8NH
UK

AND

UK VISAS AND IMMIGRATION INTERNATIONAL,
PO BOX 3468
SHEFFIELD
UK
S3 8WA.

My wife's appointment is on Monday.
your quick guide will be appreciated.

How long are you in Nigeria for? Why not post upon return (my opinion though)?
Abi you wan try work for junior or another junior (ensuring the ball don pass white line).......?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2016
@ Lexusgs430 Junior is on his way to earth.. you go kill person with your sense of humor. With all this tension, you still make it easy for people to laugh and worry less while providing your wealth of knowledge to the best you can to all the need it. God bless your skills and talents.

I will be back to UK on 2nd Nov. I know I have two weeks to post, but not sure if the two weeks counts from date of submission or from biometrics. if from biometrics I can return to the UK with the documents, and post from UK.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2016
Benz101:
@ Lexusgs430 Junior is on his way to earth.. you go kill person with your sense of humor. With all this tension, you still make it easy for people to laugh and worry less while providing your wealth of knowledge to the best you can to all the need it. God bless your skills and talents.

I will be back to UK on 2nd Nov. I know I have two weeks to post, but not sure if the two weeks counts from date of submission or from biometrics. if from biometrics I can return to the UK with the documents, and post from UK.

Congratulations in advance........ (Remember topup is usually required, so all unformed are fully formed). Your 2 weeks start counting from biometrics (30 days for biometrics appt and 2 weeks for documentation submission)
Remember to invite us for baby celebrations..........
NB: Address you want is vulture house (sorry meant Vulcan house)........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sanspiffy(m): 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Since your present visa has run out, and you are asked to provide more documentations, which you cannot presently fulfil.
What do you think is the best approach or course of action?
The deadline to provide extra documentations would run out, where does that leave you?
If we don't eat the yam because of the palm oil, we eat the palm oil because of the yam... .........
I have called my3 for my first telephone bill dated to my current address, i have called natwest also asking for a bank statements from 2yrs ago to current. I have also called the tax office for my p60 dated back from 2yrs, my partner is also helping with getting her friends to write letters as proof of evidence on our cohabition.
I am more open to any advice you will render. To be honest I am just going to give it my best shot. Should I get refused I will take it on the chin fly back to my parents in Italy and start processing to do my MS.C in Canada.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
Hey Guys, I have this little issue; I submitted my application and sent the sent the following supporting documents to the UKVI from Nigeria but without my wife's (sponsor) P60. But my wife sent the P60 with a returning self addressed envelope to the UKVI on he same day i sent the documents from Nigeria. The home office sent me an email that they have received my package but without a returning envelope. I have been waiting to receive another email confirming the receipt of the P60 and returning envelope but to no avail. I have contacted the home office but customer service agent said they don't have the privilege to check visa status or to confirm if a posted material has arrived. Instead I should contact my mail company. My wife have contacted them and they confirm to have sent it . Please what should I do?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:27pm On Oct 22, 2016
sanspiffy:

I have called my3 for my first telephone bill dated to my current address, i have called natwest also asking for a bank statements from 2yrs ago to current. I have also called the tax office for my p60 dated back from 2yrs, my partner is also helping with getting her friends to write letters as proof of evidence on our cohabition.
I am more open to any advice you will render. To be honest I am just going to give it my best shot. Should I get refused I will take it on the chin fly back to my parents in Italy and start processing to do my MS.C in Canada.

Do all this requested bills, place you at the Cohabitation address?
Best to throw all you got at it. Did you receive any letters from HMRC or other governmental bodies in the intervening periods?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2016
Good day all, apart from the fact that all documents will be posted to the Sheffield address (vulcan house), if for example your employer wants to write a letter on your behalf, who should the letter be addressed to please?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2016
anyichi16:
Hey Guys, I have this little issue; I submitted my application and sent the sent the following supporting documents to the UKVI from Nigeria but without my wife's (sponsor) P60. But my wife sent the P60 with a returning self addressed envelope to the UKVI on he same day i sent the documents from Nigeria. The home office sent me an email that they have received my package but without a returning envelope. I have been waiting to receive another email confirming the receipt of the P60 and returning envelope but to no avail. I have contacted the home office but customer service agent said they don't have the privilege to check visa status or to confirm if a posted material has arrived. Instead I should contact my mail company. My wife have contacted them and they confirm to have sent it . Please what should I do?

Calm down
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
oladunni4real:
Good day all, apart from the fact that all documents will be posted to the Sheffield address (vulcan house), if for example your employer wants to write a letter on your behalf, who should the letter be addressed to please?

To whom it may concern - addressed to vulture house (sorry Vulcan)..............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2016
During research I came across this

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by toksys: 11:24pm On Oct 22, 2016
Thanks lovely people in this forum been reading some of this post for almost 2 days now and i think i have some information now that will benefit me when i start.i see this as a full time project that requires a lot of details
please have some few questions
1. how much is the NHS surcharge for 33 month i.e 2 year 9 month
2. do i need to do the English language test or just get a letter and transcript from my university and attach my degree cert
if am to do NARIC how much is the actual cost now
3.my wife move the the uk 3 month ago and started work as a care support with an agency(not a permanent staff) but she works in 2 places and earn a combine sum of 1590 i.e with one she earns 1100 pound and with the second she earn like 400 pound. will this be good ground for her to apply.
4. can she approach the agency she work for for a letter of employment
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:23am On Oct 23, 2016
toksys:
Thanks lovely people in this forum been reading some of this post for almost 2 days now and i think i have some information now that will benefit me when i start.i see this as a full time project that requires a lot of details
please have some few questions
1. how much is the NHS surcharge for 33 month i.e 2 year 9 month
2. do i need to do the English language test or just get a letter and transcript from my university and attach my degree cert
if am to do NARIC how much is the actual cost now
3.my wife move the the uk 3 month ago and started work as a care support with an agency(not a permanent staff) but she works in 2 places and earn a combine sum of 1590 i.e with one she earns 1100 pound and with the second she earn like 400 pound. will this be good ground for her to apply.
4. can she approach the agency she work for for a letter of employment

Question 1 - $925
Question 2 - Get a letter from your university, stating your course was conducted in English language, submit certificates and transcripts
Question 2(1) - NARIC - £150
Question 3 - Not best she applies after only 3 months of active employment(you need six months pay slips + bank statements, or else financial requirements would not be meet) . How much would both jobs collectively earn her in a 12 calendar month?
Question 4 - She should have a contract of employment from the agencies
NB : Do you have any kids?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 9:18am On Oct 23, 2016
Hi Guys

Any thoughts on the below. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Caribbeanwify28:
Hi guys

Just a quick update. my husbands biometric was done 20th april 2016. Todays makes 131 working days. still no email that a decison has been made.
-Called the HO on 5/10/16 was told the application has been processed and a decision was made on the 28/09/16 and the docs should be ready in a few days, we heard nothing.
-Called the HO on the 13/10/16 chasing the docs or an email that the decision has been made was told that there was an update on the decision on 12/10/16. Its really strange what is happening. Has anyone else experienced this?

Up until now my husband has not received a decision made email. I only know through call ukvi. He went to the VI immigration office yesterday and they told him they dont have his documents but they can see on the system a decision has been made.

The whole process is abnormal and emotionally draining. sad sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:34am On Oct 23, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hi Guys

Any thoughts on the below. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Unfortunately, each application is treated individually and on merits.
The emotional drain is understandable, but it's still a waiting game.
Hopefully, you would get a response within a fortnight.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
Thanks @lexusgs430 I'll keep you guys posted...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by toksys: 6:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Question 1 - $925
Question 2 - Get a letter from your university, stating your course was conducted in English language, submit certificates and transcripts
Question 2(1) - NARIC - £55
Question 3 - Not best she applies after only 3 months of active employment(you need six months pay slips + bank statements, or else financial requirements would not be meet) . How much would both jobs collectively earn her in a 12 calendar month?
Question 4 - She should have a contract of employment from the agencies
NB : Do you have any kids?

thanks lexusgs430 i appreciate you kind response.
from your reply to question 3.if she met up with the financial requirement monthly with salary of 1580 pounds every month(alhough it is contract)does she have to wait for 12 month to apply or she can apply as long as she can present a 6 month financial bank statement to show financial requirement
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 9:19am On Oct 24, 2016
wallg123:

If u are sure u missed the last 2 digits of ur passport number u will be asked to revisit TLs center where u did ur biometrics to correct the error....

"about mentioning just one of you 2 previous refusals"........... Its not a big issue too.... it would have been if u lied about being refused before ....

In the meantime I'd advice u to try reading from pages 1 - 205... it will keep u entertained while u wait ....

Thanks Boss.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sanspiffy(m): 9:20am On Oct 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Do all this requested bills, place you at the Cohabitation address?
Best to throw all you got at it. Did you receive any letters from HMRC or other governmental bodies in the intervening periods?

Actually I did, I got a letter from HMRC about my tax calculation for the year 6 April 2015 to april 2016(tax returns).do you think I should include that aswell
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:34am On Oct 24, 2016
sanspiffy:

Actually I did, I got a letter from HMRC about my tax calculation for the year 6 April 2015 to april 2016(tax returns).do you think I should include that aswell

100% (include all the includables)
NB: GP letters, NHS letters (infact all governmental bodies)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.