Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038398 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2016
AdimO1:

Hello everyone, @justwise @foreveryours and any other person who is familiar with settlement applications, please for how long do you need to be married before making the application? In my case we have been in the relationship for 3years and 3months, lived together for 1.5yrs (1yr 6montbs), and did marriage registry last week and we intend to make the application in february.

Thanks

You are good to go. The period of relationship and the actual marriage are more than enough

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2016
AdimO1:

Hello everyone, @justwise @foreveryours and any other person who is familiar with settlement applications, please for how long do you need to be married before making the application? In my case we have been in the relationship for 3years and 3months, lived together for 1.5yrs (1yr 6montbs), and did marriage registry last week and we intend to make the application in february.

Thanks

You are good to go. Collate as many pictures, communication through out the entire relationship including the wedding day and beyond even to the point of application and also any proof of living together.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
Good afternoon all

I just want to give a little update on our sons progress, and apologise that im not online as often as I was, but surely I will pop on when i get an opportunity

Jamal is now 15 weeks and 2 days old and still has about a week until his original due date, he also now weighs 6lb 6oz, which is a long way from his birth weight of 1lb 3oz.

He is still in the NICU at hospital, although is coming home soon with no long term issues, he will just require a little oxygen when he is home, but that wont be forever smiley

So from all of us i would like to wish you all a very happy Christmas, or should i say Happy Holidays to allow for none celebrants, and heres to all those big fat YESES in 2017

take care, will be online soon smiley

6 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Good afternoon all

I just want to give a little update on our sons progress, and apologise that im not online as often as I was, but surely I will pop on when i get an opportunity

Jamal is now 15 weeks and 2 days old and still has about a week until his original due date, he also now weighs 6lb 6oz, which is a long way from his birth weight of 1lb 3oz.

He is still in the NICU at hospital, although is coming home soon with no long term issues, he will just require a little oxygen when he is home, but that wont be forever smiley

So from all of us i would like to wish you all a very happy Christmas, or should i say Happy Holidays to allow for none celebrants, and heres to all those big fat YESES in 2017

Best wishes to you and your family. Speedy recovery to your son
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 5:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Good afternoon all

Wishing your son well. Happy Christmas to you too. Xx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
MY TIMELINE AS PROMISED
Country applying from: Nigeria
Type of visa applied for: Settlement - Husband (Non Priority)

28th Sep 2016 - Online Application Submitted
29th Sep 2016 - Biometrics Taken
3rd Oct 2016 - Email from UKVI acknowledging receipt of application.
4th Oct 2016 - Supporting Documents couriered to UKVI, Sheffield via DHL
10th Oct 2016 - Email from UKVI acknowledging receipt of supporting Documents.
12th Dec 2016 - Decision Email from UKVI and TLSContact advising that decision has been made.
14th Dec 2016 - Email from TLScontact that passport is ready for collection
08th Dec 2016 - Visa issuing date
16th Dec 2016 - Picked up Passport with one month entry clearance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2016
Congrats Anyichi... I got a mail om the 10th october that my documents have been recieved(i.e the documents I submitted at tls, but hubby didn't send the rest till like 16th oct. We haven't heard anything from ukvi or tls. However, when do you start counting, is it from when you do your biometrics or from when hubby sends supporting documents, as I didn't get any email acknowlegding receipt of the suppoeting documents. I only got an email for my own tls documents that i sent. Please advise cos this waiting is killing.

anyichi16:
MY TIMELINE AS PROMISED

12th Dec 2016 - Decision Email from UKVI and TLSContact advising that decision has been made.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
anyichi16:
MY TIMELINE AS PROMISED

Hello @anyichi16,
Congrats on obtaining your visa!
Please did you submit copies of sponsors documents from Nigeria? I noticed you couriered via DHL.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
Mrsbebe:
Congrats Anyichi... I got a mail om the 10th october that my documents have been recieved(i.e the documents I submitted at tls, but hubby didn't send the rest till like 16th oct. We haven't heard anything from ukvi or tls. However, when do you start counting, is it from when you do your biometrics or from when hubby sends supporting documents, as I didn't get any email acknowlegding receipt of the suppoeting documents. I only got an email for my own tls documents that i sent. Please advise cos this waiting is killing.

You start counting from the date of biometrics.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2016
Demoore:

Hello @anyichi16,
Congrats on obtaining your visa!
Please did you submit copies of sponsors documents from Nigeria? I noticed you couriered via DHL.

I submitted all my supporting documents and copies from nigeria via DHL
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 10:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
Please everyone in the house. How and Where can I get a cheap flight to London between now and December 31st?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
anyichi16:
Please everyone in the house. How and Where can I get a cheap flight to London between now and December 31st?

Check the attachment i sent, via skyscanner lowest price is 340pounds

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 11:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
AdimO1:

Check the attachment i sent, via skyscanner lowest price is 340pounds

Thanks very much

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2016
justwise:

You are good to go. The period of relationship and the actual marriage are more than enough

Thanks a lot
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 11:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
anyichi16:

I submitted all my supporting documents and copies from nigeria via DHL

Let me rephrase. Did you send originals or copies of your sponsors documents from Nigeria?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 12:02am On Dec 18, 2016
Foreveryours201:

You are good to go. Collate as many pictures, communication through out the entire relationship including the wedding day and beyond even to the point of application and also any proof of living together.

Thanks a lot.. I already printed out our charts 4m 2013 to date, quite much cos we comunicate every single day, so had to screenshot 2 charts from each month (june 2013-this very day), i specifically bought a printer for this. At the moment i have printed out 160 pages, will add more, also pics, vacations together and with parents, house contract in germany with both of our names on it, cos we both studied in germany, translated to english, money transfers, etc

You all doing good job, bless
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 12:43am On Dec 18, 2016
Hello @Justwise & other visa gurus

I sent off scanned and printed-out copies of my sponsors documents from Nigeria via DHL on Wednesday last week (priority), as she was out of the country and needed her passport. She returns to UK on Monday upon which we intend to courier her original documents to Sheffield.

I received the "Your application has been received in Sheffield, UK...... is currently being prepared for consideration by an ECO" on Friday.

Do you advise I email Sheffield on Monday to inform them to expect the original sponsor documents on Tuesday? Could the scanned and printed-out copies of sponsors documents negatively affect my application?

I've read on this thread where applications are refused for flimsy reasons or ECO's oversight.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 8:38am On Dec 18, 2016
Demoore:

Let me rephrase. Did you send originals or copies of your sponsors documents from Nigeria?

I sent both originals and photocopies of all my supporting documents.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 9:45am On Dec 18, 2016
Demoore:
Hello @Justwise & other visa gurus

I sent off scanned and printed-out copies of my sponsors documents from Nigeria via DHL on Wednesday last week (priority), as she was out of the country and needed her passport. She returns to UK on Monday upon which we intend to courier her original documents to Sheffield.

I received the "Your application has been received in Sheffield, UK...... is currently being prepared for consideration by an ECO" on Friday.

Do you advise I email Sheffield on Monday to inform them to expect the original sponsor documents on Tuesday? Could the scanned and printed-out copies of sponsors documents negatively affect my application?

I've read on this thread where applications are refused for flimsy reasons or ECO's oversight.

This would not be an oversight. You are expected to send originals and photocopies of those supporting documents that you wish to be returned.

From what I remember, the sponsor has 15 days within the biometrics being submitted to send their supporting documents to Sheffield. I suppose an email would not hurt.

If you have difficulty in submitting any original documents, you need a good reason as to why they are not available (explained in the application or cover letter) and photocopies/copies of documents ideally should be stamped and signed i.e Bank statements, payslips etc confirming the information is correct and/is authentic.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2016
Book a one way ticket directly on medview's website. Airport is Gatwick not Heathrow though.

Congratulations

anyichi16:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
Hey Karen. Merry Christmas to you & urs.

Thank God for Jamal's health.

[quote author=@Portsmouth86 post=52012694]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nkiruka1986(f): 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
Abbylove:
I heard from Sheffield and TLS now.

My heart has officially relocated to my throat.

Sigh....fingers crossed.

Abbylove I pray that you get good news! smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
anyichi16:

C/O: Demoore and anyichi(16):

After the Dec 5th announcement that all documents will be scanned to UKVI at Teleperformance Does applicant still require to send original copies of documents to Sheffield by courier service

'....From 5 December 2016 customers applying for a UK visa using our standard or Priority Visa services in Lagos Victoria Island and Ikeja Nigeria will benefit from digital improvements to the UK visa application process. TLScontact will scan your supporting documents whilst you’re at the visa application centre, and then give back your documents to you immediately. They will then send these digital documents to UKVI, with your passport, and visa officers will consider your application in the usual way''
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 2:42pm On Dec 18, 2016
anyichi16:

C/O: Demoore and anyichi(16):

After the Dec 5th announcement that all documents will be scanned to UKVI at Teleperformance. Does applicant still require to send original copies of documents to Sheffield by courier service
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
Foreveryours201:

This would not be an oversight. You are expected to send originals and photocopies of those supporting documents that you wish to be returned.

From what I remember, the sponsor has 15 days within the biometrics being submitted to send their supporting documents to Sheffield. I suppose an email would not hurt.

If you have difficulty in submitting any original documents, you need a good reason as to why they are not available (explained in the application or cover letter) and photocopies/copies of documents ideally should be stamped and signed i.e Bank statements, payslips etc confirming the information is correct and/is authentic.

Many thanks for the advise.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 8:07pm On Dec 18, 2016
Big Amen!!!

Thanks @Nkiruka1986.

Whats up with you?

Nkiruka1986:

Abbylove I pray that you get good news! smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fifi123: 6:56am On Dec 19, 2016
Hi everyone
I have a little question or we can say problem
I'm now in uk with a spouse visa, my husband is getting benefits from government cause of his disability.
I found a job here which I'll start working soon
But the point is the government will cut off all or part of his benefits.
Plus I'm still looking forward the next visa, if they stop his benefits, how can he support and sponsor me in my next stage of visa!
How and what can you advise me please.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 9:26am On Dec 19, 2016
Hello All,

My husband received his documents on Saturday from UKVI, but I am yet to get any email on decision made or passport collection.

Any similar experience in the house?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 9:55am On Dec 19, 2016
It means they are through with his documents.
Give them time. You would hear from them soon.

UKVI works in mysterious ways.... and every application is treated differently.

Fingers crossed for you & goodluck

Jennyze:
Hello All,

My husband received his documents on Saturday from UKVI, but I am yet to get any email on decision made or passport collection.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 10:15am On Dec 19, 2016
Jennyze:
Hello All,

You will be hearing from them soon.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 10:50am On Dec 19, 2016
Thanks Abbylove.

Abbylove:
It means they are through with his documents.
Give them time. You would hear from them soon.

UKVI works in mysterious ways.... and every application is treated differently.

Fingers crossed for you & goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.