Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,435 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037097 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 2:06pm On Mar 03, 2017
desproof:
Sorry, so you mean a British citizen working overseas cannot relocate himself and his family to the Uk?

A British citizen working overseas can relocate his/her non-EU family to the UK immediately if he/she has the sixty-something thousand pounds in his/her account to use as financial requirement or else, he/she will leave his/her family wherever they are, come back to the UK, get a job that pays greater than or equal to 18,600 (for spouse only) and then apply after 6 months for the family to come over.

its absurd, but that is the way it is. Lexusgs430 pls confirm.

Listened to LBS last week when the Supreme court made a decision to uphold the #18,600 financial requirements. People called in to say their experiences, even original BRITICOCO whohave been without their families for up to two years because of this financial requirement wahala

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2017
[quote author=subomi2 post=54232243][/quote]

don't give the ECO any reason to doubt, London to leeds hmmmm !!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Captgb: 2:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
hello house the good people... I am glad n happy to tell the house I got my EEA Family permit visa today..... Thank u everyone in this forum and for those waiting for result, success is URS Gbam

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
subomi2:
pls has any change been made the the requirements...just seeing BBC...newspaper...supreme court....pls help.

Nothing changed. The case was lost. Supreme Court upheld home office's position.
All requirements remains the same.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2017
deept:

A British citizen working overseas can relocate his/her non-EU family to the UK immediately if he/she has the sixty-something thousand pounds in his/her account to use as financial requirement or else, he/she will leave his/her family wherever they are, come back to the UK, get a job that pays greater than or equal to 18,600 (for spouse only) and then apply after 6 months for the family to come over.

Listened to LBS last week when the Supreme court made a decision to uphold the #18,600 financial requirements. People called in to say their experiences, even original BRITICOCO whohave been without their families for up to two years because of this financial requirement wahala

Yes, I was also listening to LBC via tunein app. The 'meeting financial requirements' is really seperating loads of families, but the Supreme Court supported the government's position aka Theresa May's taxation (remember she was the home office minister that introduced this wahala).

The other option is, the sponsor relocating to another EU country, getting a job in the other EU country, inviting his spouse over, then playing the system................ They would be in the UK easier, heading over from EU (at least before Brexit)...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
Captgb:
hello house the good people... I am glad n happy to tell the house I got my EEA Family permit visa today..... Thank u everyone in this forum and for those waiting for result, success is URS Gbam

Congratulations........ Would you be the captain of the plane to GB, captgb?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Captgb: 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations........ Would you be the captain of the plane to GB, captgb?

Lols @lexus.... That's the name my woman use to call me Captain
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
Captgb:

Lols @lexus.... That's the name my woman use to call me Captain

You the captain, your woman 2nd captain and the children crew members. Team don completely complete b dat.... ..... . .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oluwatobii(m): 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
good evening people, thank you for the good work on this platform. i want to ask if its possible to Pay for health surcharge of 600 pounds from Nigeria using a debit card or any other means. also i want to ask what exchange rate is likely to be used, bank, parallel market or bdc? thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2017
Oluwatobii:
good evening people, thank you for the good work on this platform. i want to ask if its possible to Pay for health surcharge of 600 pounds from Nigeria using a debit card or any other means. also i want to ask what exchange rate is likely to be used, bank, parallel market or bdc? thanks

If you use your debit/credit card, the only applicable rate is the banks 419 rate........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
I'm sorry, I beg to disagree. I came here to be pointed at a real life situation in this forum not speculations. Thank you all for taking time to reply, but I am certain there is a way.
deept:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
desproof:
I'm sorry, I beg to disagree. I came here to be pointed at a real life situation in this forum not speculations. Thank you all for taking time to reply, but I am certain there is a way.

Did you mean speculation or regulation? When you find a way, update this forum.... .. .....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by BoyDimples: 11:13pm On Mar 03, 2017
Someone on here was saying something about using a house in leeds and works in london....
I really dont think it matters. I mean I know people who live in doncaster and take the train to london to work! because the rent up north is so cheap

The sponsor could be paying for his ticket via his employers some kind of subsidised travel. I am just saying. The virgin bullet train. Takes 2hrs, you technically dont have to declare it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:30pm On Mar 03, 2017
BoyDimples:
Someone on here was saying something about using a house in leeds and works in london....
I really dont think it matters. I mean I know people who live in doncaster and take the train to london to work! because the rent up north is so cheap

The sponsor could be paying for his ticket via his employers some kind of subsidised travel. I am just saying. The virgin bullet train. Takes 2hrs, you technically dont have to declare it.

You are talking about real life situation, than a hush hush approach.
If your employer offers you travel expenses, you would have proof, incase it's required. ...... ...
The main point is, why attempt to cut corners and take the risk?
This application is too expensive to take chances.. ..

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 11:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
desproof:

Your savings determine what you need to earn to meet financial requirements. The only other way probably if the sponsor has some passive income in the UK that earns him a lot without work, you know that will require some massive investment but how many people have this.

These are people's reality. We don't keep records of real life situations (not our jobs)but having passed through the process with help from this forum and interaction with other people and in the news we make contributions to try to assist others.

Like Lexus said when you find a way update the forum.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:39am On Mar 04, 2017
deept:

Your savings determine what you need to earn to meet financial requirements. The only other way probably if the sponsor has some passive income in the UK that earns him a lot without work, you know that will require some massive investment but how many people have this.

These are people's reality. We don't keep records of real life situations (not our jobs)but having passed through the process with help from this forum and interaction with other people and in the news we make contributions to try to assist others.

Like Lexus said when you find a way update the forum.

Rightly so........

We are not claiming to be spousal visa experts, but this thread consists of people that have experienced / about to experience / hoping to experience /professionals in other fields or similar. That have simply come together for a common course and dashing their time/data for FREE................

One of the best ways to learn, is from other people's experiences. Why would one want to make a mistake, that others made and got burnt in the process?

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Davdar: 4:18pm On Mar 04, 2017
Hi everyone

Please am gathering my documents for the appeal hearing.Am a bit confuse regarding my payslips although Hubby's refusal was based on not enough communication printout and I didn't add my travel stamps and also not enough pictures but we sent over 50. My question is, it is ok to send printout of my payslip or I have to get the original one as my lawyer says is just for the court so the print out is ok but I want to know if is true. As Lexusgs430 adviced am sending all documents like new application.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:10pm On Mar 04, 2017
Davdar:
Hi everyone

Please am gathering my documents for the appeal hearing.Am a bit confuse regarding my payslips although Hubby's refusal was based on not enough communication printout and I didn't add my travel stamps and also not enough pictures but we sent over 50. My question is, it is ok to send printout of my payslip or I have to get the original one as my lawyer says is just for the court so the print out is ok but I want to know if is true. As Lexusgs430 adviced am sending all documents like new application.

Thanks

Most employers now in the UK offer online payslips aka e-payslips........
If you were issued with original payslips and you have lost/misplaced the original copies, I doubt your employer would be able to issue another original copy (make your enquiries though)
Print out payslips should work fine, as stated it's only for evidence of BACS payment.
Regardless of response from employer, attach a letter to the payslips (regardless of format), explaining content and reasons.. ..... .. ..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 10:47am On Mar 05, 2017
desproof:

Hello @desproof, I will advice you exercise caution and maybe get an immigration lawyer to advise you properly before you begin the application process.

I am not British but my husband is, I have been applying for and receiving UK visas since 2003. I even have a 10 year family visa when I applied for the spousal settlement visa last year. Yet I was refused. I even earn over and above any minimum requirements. My husband earns over 60k annually and maybe I earn same as my husband in Naira but we were refused. Said we didn't show evidence of a genuine relationship. This is the same man whose name and address I drop at the Heathrow terminal each time I pass through since 2014, average 4 times a year. Yet they declined us. It's not the money for the application that's even the issue, its the time we have used to pursue a rectification. We are approaching the 10th month now.

Then once you have this refusal, it puts a red flag on your travel. When I was refused September last year, I travelled to the UK in October, mind you application was submitted June. I was stopped for the first time in my life, first time in my flying history, mind you I did a MSc and a PhD in the UK and return3d to Nigeria each time. I have been to other countries in North America and Europe, yet they stopped me and filled a form and threatened deportation because I was refused a spousal visa.
Luckily my etisalat line was roaming so I texted my husband and asked him to call a lawyer who called UKBA and asked why I was being held. Then they let me enter but told me to not appeal from UK.

I am sharing my story so you know that the people here only wish you and I and all others well. If I had had the opportunity to see and study this forum I won't have been denied.

Read my story on my appeal package, I spent almost two weeks putting together the documents, doing nothing else, even bought printer and accessories from Staples and we put together a 5kg appeal package. I should have put all of those information in my original application and God knows maybe by now I would say I have 9 months stay in the UK. But my refusak turned out to e a good thing for me and one day I will share that testimony.

All this long gist n.a., make you just careful. The people online here are not busybodies but genuine loving people who wants others to succeed on this cause. God bless our efforts.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:13am On Mar 05, 2017
Fynebouy:

Hello @desproof, I will advice you exercise caution and maybe get an immigration lawyer to advise you properly before you begin the application process.

I am not British but my husband is, I have been applying for and receiving UK visas since 2003. I even have a 10 year family visa when I applied for the spousal settlement visa last year. Yet I was refused. I even earn over and above any minimum requirements. My husband earns over 60k annually and maybe I earn same as my husband in Naira but we were refused. Said we didn't show evidence of a genuine relationship. This is the same man whose name and address I drop at the Heathrow terminal each time I pass through since 2014, average 4 times a year. Yet they declined us. It's not the money for the application that's even the issue, its the time we have used to pursue a rectification. We are approaching the 10th month now.

Then once you have this refusal, it puts a red flag on your travel. When I was refused September last year, I travelled to the UK in October, mind you application was submitted June. I was stopped for the first time in my life, first time in my flying history, mind you I did a MSc and a PhD in the UK and return3d to Nigeria each time. I have been to other countries in North America and Europe, yet they stopped me and filled a form and threatened deportation because I was refused a spousal visa.
Luckily my etisalat line was roaming so I texted my husband and asked him to call a lawyer who called UKBA and asked why I was being held. Then they let me enter but told me to not appeal from UK.

I am sharing my story so you know that the people here only wish you and I and all others well. If I had had the opportunity to see and study this forum I won't have been denied.

Read my story on my appeal package, I spent almost two weeks putting together the documents, doing nothing else, even bought printer and accessories from Staples and we put together a 5kg appeal package. I should have put all of those information in my original application and God knows maybe by now I would say I have 9 months stay in the UK. But my refusak turned out to e a good thing for me and one day I will share that testimony.

All this long gist n.a., make you just careful. The people online here are not busybodies but genuine loving people who wants others to succeed on this cause. God bless our efforts.

Your visa would be granted soonest. Keep keeping busy and enjoy your holiday..... The time for work would hit you, you would be hoping/begging for a holiday....... Patience is a VIRTUE.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
Thank you. I appreciate. Like you, I studied in the Uk from college to 2nd degree and came back home. Married to husband for 7 years, 2 kids. prove of relationship is not an issue, after proving such while applying for passport for my last child (applied from Nigeria) and even going through a DNA, the records are straight.
I will contact an immigration lawyer to verify that a job offer in the Uk along with a combined savings as per requirement will suffice.
I am still learning on the forum and by God's grace I will come back to give my testimony for another to learn.

Fynebouy:

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:31am On Mar 06, 2017
desproof:
Thank you. I appreciate. Like you, I studied in the Uk from college to 2nd degree and came back home. Married to husband for 7 years, 2 kids. prove of relationship is not an issue, after proving such while applying for passport for my last child (applied from Nigeria) and even going through a DNA, the records are straight.
I will contact an immigration lawyer to verify that a job offer in the Uk along with a combined savings as per requirement will suffice.
I am still learning on the forum and by God's grace I will come back to give my testimony for another to learn.

I am really enjoying this your testing the legislation. The basis for 'meeting the financial requirements ', falls into 2 sections regarding your question according to my understanding -:
(1) Do you both have £62,500 in savings ?
(2) Does the sponsor already have a job in the UK and already earning £18,600, and has financial documentations to proof financial trail ?

The £18,600 does not have to be in any account for any specified time (how does the sponsor survive, if he/she as to cage their income ? It just means the sponsor has to be earning £18,600 annually and has financial proof.

When you eventually speak to the immigration lawyer, update us so we add contents discussed to our armoury of knowledge.....

NB : I would tell you categorically, a job offer does not constitute or form any basis of 'meeting the financial requirements'...........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 9:11am On Mar 06, 2017
lollipop422:
Which form are you filling out?

The settlement one for wife.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tsuprisee: 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2017
good afternnoon good people of the house.i want to appreciate the seniors here that have contributed immemsely to this forum i appreciate.please i have a question as regards accomodation . my husband is about to get an apartment of his own he is looking at getting one room in a shared apartment. all bills inclusive. the landlord is giving s tenancy agreement. my question is
1. must the bills carry is name since thevland lord stays in that same apartment and if not what must he do
2.is property inspection a must
3. how big must the room be and what dimmension is required
and of shared apartment is not sutable what options does he have as regards to accomodation

also concerning jobs can he combine a paid employment (not up to thecfinancial requirement about 16,000 pound and an unpaid employmemt like contract to meet up the financial reqiirements.he just got the permanent job this month month
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2017
My Time lines

Original application 03 June
Received refusal 28 August
Appealed 16 September
Overturn decision 16 December
Mail to return passport 09 February
Mail to collect passport 03 March
Visa issued 15 Febraury!!!

Now I am told i have to be in UK before visa expires 15 March. Was this delay deliberately caused by the TLScontact folks or just my luck. Please who has experienced this?

In all I thank God that this journey has a good ending. I also thank God specially for all the Egbons here Lexus in particular, you guys are the best.

So now I have to buy a ticket hurriedly and find myself at Heathrow by the end of this week. It is well. God is more than enough.

Thanks to everyone and to those who are still believing for a miracle, I pray that God will give you outstanding testimonies in Jesus precious Name. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2017
Fynebouy:
My Time lines

Original application 03 June
Received refusal 28 August
Appealed 16 September
Overturn decision 16 December
Mail to return passport 09 February
Mail to collect passport 03 March
Visa issued 15 Febraury!!!

Now I am told i have to be in UK before visa expires 15 March. Was this delay deliberately caused by the TLScontact folks or just my luck. Please who has experienced this?

In all I thank God that this journey has a good ending. I also thank God specially for all the Egbons here Lexus in particular, you guys are the best.

So now I have to buy a ticket hurriedly and find myself at Heathrow by the end of this week. It is well. God is more than enough.

Thanks to everyone and to those who are still believing for a miracle, I pray that God will give you outstanding testimonies in Jesus precious Name. Amen.

Congratulations.......

Are you complaining again because they want you to checkout ASAP?

Abeg stay o, drop the passport make I put my picture on top......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by EvaMD: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations.......

Are you complaining again because they want you to checkout ASAP?

Abeg stay o, drop the passport make I put my picture on top......

chai @ lexusgs430 you can sabi find trouble en,, are you warri ni.. ( on a lighter note)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
EvaMD:

chai @ lexusgs430 you can sabi find trouble en,, are you warri ni.. ( on a lighter note)

Haba? Fynebouy dey ask quenshion since wen then never give her visa. Now visa don land, she still wan complain?
I just talk say make i suggest, if she no wan go again, make she give me the passport, only 2 alterations required.
(1) Change of picture &
(2) Change from Ms/Mrs to Mr

Case dismissed.......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 8:38pm On Mar 06, 2017
Hello house.

Sorry I have been scarce.
It's work work work work work work.....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2017
Southeast of London.

U wan find me come?

Demoore:

Hi Abby, how are you doing?

Where are you based in UK?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:20pm On Mar 06, 2017
Abbylove:
Hello house.

Sorry I have been scarce.
It's work work work work work work.....

Your account must now be £fat............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by romeoandjuliet: 7:12am On Mar 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Your account must now be £fat............

Bills can not let that happen Boss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.