Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038039 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 10:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
sholeke:

Hi Lexusgs430

I put the proof of priority payment included with the supporting documents , hubby told me tls refused to take any of the payment receipts to send with his passport and was advice to inculde it with supporting documents. My worry now is I did not make the envelope as priority, am thinking when they receive it at sheffield and envelope not mark as priority will they treat it as non priority before they finally get to our application and open the supporting documents

So I paid priority and didn't mark the envelope and this was my exact panic - that they wouldn't know we'd paid priority.
But if it's inside with your supporting documents not to worry. To put your mind at rest I agree - send a letter and make sure you quote the GWF number and make a photocopy of the letter for your records. But try not to worry; your answer won't be far away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:43pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nakiemi:

So I paid priority and didn't mark the envelope and this was my exact panic - that they wouldn't know we'd paid priority.
But if it's inside with your supporting documents not to worry. To put your mind at rest I agree - send a letter and make sure you quote the GWF number and make a photocopy of the letter for your records. But try not to worry; your answer won't be far away.

It simply pacifies and gives comfort. The thoughts of had I done this, had I marked that etc etc
Is enough to raise BP to 200/150 and Pulse rate 185, respiration rate 44 & saturation 68 & temperature 39.4 .............

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sholeke(f): 10:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nakiemi:

Hello Nakiemi

Thank you so much my dear God bless, did you end up writing a letter or you just left it like that . Have been feeling really bad since reading other post and they said they mark their envelope.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 10:06am On Jun 16, 2017
Yeah my name and his fathers name appears on his birth certificate .I changed my name September 2015.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Captainsholly: 10:54am On Jun 16, 2017
Hey pals, I won an appeal and gat a message to pay the ihs 804$ which have already done. I have also submitted my passport according to the instruction. Please does anyone have the idea of how long it will take for my visa to be ready for collection please?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 10:54am On Jun 16, 2017
good morning this thread is very informative and i appreciate been reading but please what to ask a question

* as for accomodation,my wife live in a 3 bedroom flat with the landlord and the wife and she occupies one of the room, the landlord has agreed to give her a tenancy agreement and write a letter of consent that it is ok for the husband to live in the house.i want to know if this is enough envidence to fulfilling the accomodation requirement or do we need to do property inspection

* second question she just move to this place 3month ago and still uses the old address will changing the address now affect the application because the payslip and all letters carries her old address.we hope to apply by September

will appreciate your kind and sincere answer
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:04am On Jun 16, 2017
Captainsholly:
Hey pals, I won an appeal and gat a message to pay the ihs 804$ which have already done. I have also submitted my passport according to the instruction. Please does anyone have the idea of how long it will take for my visa to be ready for collection please?

Best to hope it happens within 2 months.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Warri2Basing: 11:07am On Jun 16, 2017
Hello everyone.....I am one of the silent (background) member of this forum until I registered about a week ago. I stumbled upon this forum whilst on the wait game for my application.

Here's a brief of my story; studied for my MA degree, 2013 in the UK where I met my boyfriend turned hubby (we got married 2016 Nov). I have made several other applications for 6 months, and 2 years visas which expired after my spouse visa application in March, so I had some sort of travel history (travelling constantly to visit boyfriend when turn fiance, fiance con turn Hubby).
Last year Nov, we came to Nigeria together for the wedding, and immediately after the wedding, hubby had to jet back to work; we haven't seen since then.
Made my application in March cos as Nigerians (especially those still living with parents (guardians), pressure was mounting (when you go go na? you done dey stay too long o...abi na money be the problem....) Its been almost 8 months since I had seen my babe, but this week, I will be flying to the UK. To say I am overjoyed is just putting it lightly, it's been a long journey.

On the 13th June (date visa valid from), Hubby made a call to UKVI asking what the status of the application was...and they said it was assessed April 28th, but no decision has been made. The next day, I made an email inquiry cos I couldn't just keep calm (after all the plenty posts of people from this forum and other forum when apply getting theirs). Yesterday I got three emails (it was as if the flood gate of heaven had opened upon me)....so here goes....

Country applied from: Nigeria
Visa Category applied for: Spouse-wife (Non-priority)
Online submission: 13th March 2017
Biometrics done: 17th March 2017
Supporting documents submitted: 29th March 2017
Agency office: Abuja
Office processing visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline: 12 weeks
Decision made email: 15th June 2017
Date visa received: 16th June 2017
Visa vignette valid from 13th June 2017 to 13th July 2017

I am overjoyed, beyond words....I appreciate this forum and wish every one still waiting good response in Jesus name...

5 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:10am On Jun 16, 2017
readynow:
good morning this thread is very informative and i appreciate been reading but please what to ask a question

* as for accomodation,my wife live in a 3 bedroom flat with the landlord and the wife and she occupies one of the room, the landlord has agreed to give her a tenancy agreement and write a letter of consent that it is ok for the husband to live in the house.i want to know if this is enough envidence to fulfilling the accomodation requirement or do we need to do property inspection

* second question she just move to this place 3month ago and still uses the old address will changing the address now affect the application because the payslip and all letters carries her old address.we hope to apply by September

will appreciate your kind and sincere answer

Does the landlord have any kids ? I personally would advice you to conduct a property inspection report........ A 3 bedroom flat, occupying the landlord, wife, possibly landlords kids, your wife and possibly YOU........ Does this sound to you like been overcrowded already ?

Which address would she be using to file the application ? Remember the property inspection report would reflect the new address.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:11am On Jun 16, 2017
Warri2Basing:
Hello everyone.....I am one of the silent (background) member of this forum until I registered about a week ago. I stumbled upon this forum whilst on the wait game for my application.

Here's a brief of my story; studied for my MA degree, 2013 in the UK where I met my boyfriend turned hubby (we got married 2016 Nov). I have made several other applications for 6 months, and 2 years visas which expired after my spouse visa application in March, so I had some sort of travel history (travelling constantly to visit boyfriend when turn fiance, fiance con turn Hubby).
Last year Nov, we came to Nigeria together for the wedding, and immediately after the wedding, hubby had to jet back to work; we haven't seen since then.
Made my application in March cos as Nigerians (especially those still living with parents (guardians), pressure was mounting (when you go go na? you done dey stay too long o...abi na money be the problem....) Its been almost 8 months since I had seen my babe, but this week, I will be flying to the UK. To say I am overjoyed is just putting it lightly, it's been a long journey.

On the 13th June (date visa valid from), Hubby made a call to UKVI asking what the status of the application was...and they said it was assessed April 28th, but no decision has been made. The next day, I made an email inquiry cos I couldn't just keep calm (after all the plenty posts of people from this forum and other forum when apply getting theirs). Yesterday I got three emails (it was as if the flood gate of heaven had opened upon me)....so here goes....

I am overjoyed, beyond words....I appreciate this forum and wish every one still waiting good response in Jesus name...

Congratulations ........ Remember to drop something for us .......

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 11:15am On Jun 16, 2017
Nakiemi:

Pls I paid for priority but I didnt include it to the supporting documents(posted to Sheffield) cos in the embassy the lady wrote and ticked priority when I submitted my passport .pls do I need to send the payment slip again all these is just confusing .
Cos its almost 5weeks I submitted dont want bp rising lol. Should I still send again ? Hope it isnt late ?
I will see the hand of God @work

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 11:21am On Jun 16, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Does the landlord have any kids ? I personally would advice you to conduct a property inspection report........ A 3 bedroom flat, occupying the landlord, wife, possibly landlords kids, your wife and possibly YOU........ Does this sound to you like been overcrowded already ?

Which address would she be using to file the application ? Remember the property inspection report would reflect the new address.........

Thank you lexusgs,the landlord wife just gave birth a month ago and also if my wife should change the address to were she is presently since we are to apply by September will this be enough to proof evident of accommodation or should we just go for the inspection outright
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:23am On Jun 16, 2017
readynow:

Thank you lexusgs,the landlord wife just gave birth a month ago and also if my wife should change the address to were she is presently since we are to apply by September will this be enough to proof evident of accommodation or should we just go for the inspection outright

Does she have a combination of both addresses ? Covering the amount required to meet the application status ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:24am On Jun 16, 2017
joygirl2017:

Pls I paid for priority but I didnt include it to the supporting documents(posted to Sheffield) cos in the embassy the lady wrote and ticked priority when I submitted my passport .pls do I need to send the payment slip again all these is just confusing .
Cos its almost 5weeks I submitted dont want bp rising lol. Should I still send again ? Hope it isnt late ?

Have you tracked your application ? An update should be online now .........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Warri2Basing: 11:35am On Jun 16, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations ........ Remember to drop something for us .......

Two bottle Odeku for you Lexusgs430....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:36am On Jun 16, 2017
Warri2Basing:

Two bottle Odeku for you Lexusgs430....

Suya nko or point & kill ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sholeke(f): 11:50am On Jun 16, 2017
joygirl2017

:

HI joygirl2017

I called them today according to what the lady said if you pay for priority it will show on their system and the clearance officer will know. Is better you call and see what advice they give you I know it will cost you £20 but you can clear your mind. I pray to God all of us waiting shall receive good news at the end, is too hard to be away from the one you love.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sholeke(f): 11:53am On Jun 16, 2017
Warri2Basing:

I tap into this blessing me and DH will receive our good news soon.Amen ijn

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Rutharu: 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
@lexus430 between period of resubmission till date we have only observed one bank holiday excluding weekends.On d link on gov.UK it says open since d 11th of May..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2017
Rutharu:
@lexus430 between period of resubmission till date we have only observed one bank holiday excluding weekends.On d link on gov.UK it says open since d 11th of May..

Trying to refresh my memory on your query. Would have to read back.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:08pm On Jun 16, 2017
Rutharu:

You are awaiting your stamp after a successful AR?

If you know the back log on applications, you would understand the delay.

Be patient, the most difficult part you have already passed.

Patience is a virtue (easy for me to say, I know)

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Rutharu: 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2017
Pls house any number I can call UKVI within the UK?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2017
Rutharu:
Pls house any number I can call UKVI within the UK?

03001232241 or 08435047198
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Captainsholly: 12:31pm On Jun 16, 2017
Well the guy who attended to me told me a week just curious @lexus
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:34pm On Jun 16, 2017
Captainsholly:
Well the guy who attended to me told me a week just curious @lexus

If he told you a week, lets see what happens in a week ( I doubt his assumptions, but who am I to doubt )?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Captainsholly: 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2017
Sorry bro just wanna know if you had seen a similar case recently. Paying the 804$ and submitted passport. If you had seen a case of such anyway am still hopeful just don't have any number to call them on. @lexus
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2017
Captainsholly:
Sorry bro just wanna know if you had seen a similar case recently. Paying the 804$ and submitted passport. If you had seen a case of such anyway am still hopeful just don't have any number to call them on. @lexus

Number above......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Captainsholly: 1:59pm On Jun 16, 2017
Sorry please I don't understand what you meant by number above pls @lexus
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2017
Captainsholly:
Sorry please I don't understand what you meant by number above pls @lexus

Read 5 messages above. The number you are requesting is pasted.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Rutharu: 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
@Captain should 03001232241 or 08435047198.Lexus sent it earlier.hence the number above
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
sholeke:

Hello Nakiemi

Thank you so much my dear God bless, did you end up writing a letter or you just left it like that . Have been feeling really bad since reading other post and they said they mark their envelope.

No my husband told me to just leave it.
It's only when I came here I saw others had marked their envelope as my lawyer didn't even advise me to do so.

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.