Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034625 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Feeyonce: 11:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hello everyone,this thread have been so helpful. Thanks for all the tips.
Dear experts in the house I need your advice as I am so worried, I submitted my passport and did my thumb print at tls contact center in Abuja 31st of May 2017, and I was asked to send my supporting documents which I sent via dhl to my hubby in the U.K. which he finally sent via registered Royal Mail to Sheffield on the 8th of June 2017,which he tracked via Royal Mail and told me they recieved it the next day 9th of June 2017, but we haven't gotten any email confirmation that they have recieved our supporting document either from Ukvi or tls till now,and we are so worried,we tried to track online on ukvi website but It's not recognizing my reference number. We are so worried not to have recieved a confirmation email after 8 days
Please is this normal? What should we do?
Thanks, hoping for a reply soon.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
Feeyonce:
Dear experts in the house I need your advice as I am so worried, I submitted my passport and did my thumb print at tls contact center in Abuja 31st of May 2017, and I was asked to send my supporting documents which I sent via dhl to my hubby in the U.K. which he finally sent via registered Royal Mail to Sheffield on the 8th of June 2017,which he tracked via Royal Mail and told me they recieved it the next day 9th of June 2017, but we haven't gotten any email confirmation that they have recieved our supporting document either from Ukvi or tls till now,and we are so worried,we tried to track online on ukvi website but It's not recognizing my reference number. We are so worried not to have recieved a confirmation email after 8 days

Quiet normal.
If Royal Mail online tracking service signifies its been received, you are covered. Did you pay for priority or normal application ? No updates would be available online yet, till your case is been attended to ..............

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 8:00am On Jun 20, 2017
Hubby flies in today - Bibra800 or anyone who has recently entered did they ask for TB test etc??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:34am On Jun 20, 2017
Nakiemi:
Hubby flies in today - Bibra800 or anyone who has recently entered did they ask for TB test etc??

Make we go collect the remaining Naira wey dey hin hand for airport ?

NB : From updates received on this thread, TB CERT is not requested (if required, can easily be viewed online)

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 10:00am On Jun 20, 2017
Hello Nakiemi/ bibira pls just a quick question how many application form does the spouse need to submit in the uk because there is appendix 2 which is financial requirement form and there is personal details form which is family settlement application form. Pls do we fill both or just appendix 2.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 10:40am On Jun 20, 2017
Same happened during mine. They normally don't send a confirmation email of receiving supporting documents. They only send an email of receiving your application. Did you receive that?

Feeyonce:

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sholeke(f): 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
Feeyonce:

Hello Feeyonce

They don't normally send confirmation email for supporting documents. Following biometric you have 14 days to sent supporting documents, if they don't receive after this time they will email to ask for it within number of days or less they will assessed the application without it. Don't worry your mind just be praying everything work well for you and your husband

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
Isommex:
Hello Nakiemi/ bibira pls just a quick question how many application form does the spouse need to submit in the uk because there is appendix 2 which is financial requirement form and there is personal details form which is family settlement application form. Pls do we fill both or just appendix 2.

Hi Isommex,

So I submitted the main application and the financial requirement only. I don't remember having to submit any othe forms
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 7:18pm On Jun 20, 2017
Thanks nakiemi. Pls people in the house am confused filling the financial requirement form appendix 2 and it sounds like is the applicant that needed to fill it. Pls anyone in the house i need a clear explanation pls. Which form does spouse fill and which one does applicant fill.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Feeyonce: 10:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
Thanks for the reply guys, I'm glad to know this is normal. I pray everything works out well,I will let you know as time goes. Thanks for being so helpful.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Feeyonce: 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
Thanks for the reply guys, I'm glad to know this is normal. We did normal application not priority, also we got a mail from Tls after submitting my passport and biometric that our application has been recieved by uk Vi but that was before we sent the supporting documents.
I pray everything works out well,I will let you know as time goes. Thanks for being so helpful.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:13am On Jun 21, 2017
Feeyonce:
Thanks for the reply guys, I'm glad to know this is normal. We did normal application not priority, also we got a mail from Tls after submitting my passport and biometric that our application has been recieved by uk Vi but that was before we sent the supporting documents.
I pray everything works out well,I will let you know as time goes. Thanks for being so helpful.

Swallow a lot of patience pills. We expect to hear from you within a 4 month period.
Any earlier, we shall get our bulala out.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 7:59am On Jun 21, 2017
Sorry it's lateNakiemi, They didn't ask for anything .

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 8:02am On Jun 21, 2017
We ended up submitting 2 application forms . The people at Tls only took the front page of mine and asked me to send the other bit to Sheffield .I sent it along with my tb certificate . DH. Printed another completed form off my ukvi account and included it in the supporting documents sent from his end .

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Spinardo: 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
Nakiemi:

Hello....They did not ask for it when I passed through however it won't hurt to take it with u..if they ask him, he can just explain that its with you outside and if they really wanna see it, it can be presented. I doubt they will request for it though.....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sholeke(f): 8:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
Any news anyone still waiting 7 weeks 2 days now. Am not worrying myself to call or email them.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
Captainsholly:
Hi sholeke
I tried calling but was all answering machine. Pls were you told how long it will take for it to be ready? Did u pay 804$ for ihs repayment?

Congratulations is very well in order.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2017
Thanks bibira.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by aire94: 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hello house, has anyone given notice of marriage here in the Uk? What are the questions they asked? And what does one expect. I have an appointment with my partner next week, who is from EU and tbh am a bit nervous. Thanks in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kenechukwu231: 2:59pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hello people,
Please your help is really need. Am a graduate of management from university of Nigeria nsukka Enugu campus. At the moment I applied for a second degree in university of Alberta for a second degree in business economics. Admission has been granted but am skeptical I may be denied visa when I have to apply for a study permit. Please advice me should i apply for study permit or permanent residency to avert any possibility of visa denial. This will allow me to study and work in Canada while I get grounded with the vast Canadian culture and economic environment.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:15pm On Jun 25, 2017
Kenechukwu231:
Hello people,
Please your help is really need. Am a graduate of management from university of Nigeria nsukka Enugu campus. At the moment I applied for a second degree in university of Alberta for a second degree in business economics. Admission has been granted but am skeptical I may be denied visa when I have to apply for a study permit. Please advice me should i apply for study permit or permanent residency to avert any possibility of visa denial. This will allow me to study and work in Canada while I get grounded with the vast Canadian culture and economic environment.

Direct your question to the Canadian thread......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
aire94:
Hello house, has anyone given notice of marriage here in the Uk? What are the questions they asked? And what does one expect. I have an appointment with my partner next week, who is from EU and tbh am a bit nervous. Thanks in advance

If the union is above board, nothing to worry about. The answers would come naturally........

They ask questions to know if you know anything about each other.

Date of Birth
Jobs
Siblings
Email addresses
Telephone numbers
Bank each other use
Etc etc etc

It's just to avoid sham marriages........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 9:33am On Jun 26, 2017
@lexusgs430 @justwise and other gurus
Please in regard to this section with a yellow mark (see attachement below).

Is it suppose to be filled after ticking 18600 (applying with no child under 18 or is it meant for those whom have more than 3 children ?
Because if you noticed above the yellow mark, it is written to indicate how many children you have , then I felt in the section (market yellow), let's say u have 4 children, then u to indicate in the space = 29,600.

But if without children, is ticking just 18,600 above satisfactory or you still must state 18,600 again in section market yellow?

Just wana be sure if I did it right. Thanks.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sholeke(f): 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2017
I called the UK Visas and Immigration today and I was told we may have to wait till 12 weeks before they can send an email as priority application is taking this long and I told the lady this should not be so. We are on 8 weeks tomorrow, is not fair to pay extra money and not get what you pay for. I pray to God not to wait this long , all our plans has been messed up. Really feeling sad now

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 10:31pm On Jun 26, 2017
sholeke:
I called the UK Visas and Immigration today and I was told we may have to wait till 12 weeks before they can send an email as priority application is taking this long and I told the lady this should not be so. We are on 8 weeks tomorrow, is not fair to pay extra money and not get what you pay for. I pray to God not to wait this long , all our plans has been messed up. Really feeling sad now

Yes, same stuff they told me. Though today is my 17th working day (priority, application submitted in Austria)
Below is their reply

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sholeke(f): 6:27am On Jun 27, 2017
AdimO1:

Yes, same stuff they told me. Though today is my 17th working day (priority, application submitted in Austria)
Below is their reply

Is really unfair we are day 40 today.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 8:20am On Jun 27, 2017
sholeke:

Is really unfair we are day 40 today.

I agree with you.
You will get a decision email soon, judging from the other group on fb, most priority application(from peoples timeline) are done at the moment within 40-60days for the 90 & 120days standard also within 35-55 days for the 60days standard.

Sheffield have about 3million applications at the moment (according to what ukvi told an applicant who called )

Our cases are different, I am not dwelling on it... Just keep yourself busy with other stuff, pray and Trust God totally & u get decision soon.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sholeke(f): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
AdimO1:

I agree with you.
You will get a decision email soon, judging from the other group on fb, most priority application(from peoples timeline) are done at the moment within 40-60days for the 90 & 120days standard also within 35-55 days for the 60days standard.

Sheffield have about 3million applications at the moment (according to what ukvi told an applicant who called )

Our cases are different, I am not dwelling on it... Just keep yourself busy with other stuff, pray and Trust God totally & u get decision soon.

At AdimO1

Amen I need good news soon my birthday is in july I want to spend it with my husband.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2017
Pls gurus in the house @ lexus and everyone that recently complete this form who fill the financial requirement form appendix 2 is it sponsor or applicant. This is very urgent pls and i will appreciate reply thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
sholeke:

At AdimO1

Amen I need good news soon my birthday is in july I want to spend it with my husband.

This is really bad o less staff with 3million applicants

My birthday is this week you dont wanna know how sad I felt today cos we paid for priority expecting to have gotten visa out lol but looking at the bright side going for the haleluyah challenge on Wednesday night hopefully the hand of God will slap their butt in sheffield to produce my passport with visa in speed cheesy lmao .

Babe here needs to see hubby ooo.

Its good to know other people applied in may .

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
sholeke:

So sorry to hear . Its sad just dont understand whats happening . Only pray thst the lord needs to take his koboko and spank some people in Sheffield to release our passports with visa . Lmao .
Wishing you all the best

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Davdar: 5:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hi Lexusgus430, Justwise

Update regarding our appeal. Thanks be to God for all He has done. So Hubby received email today from them saying the decision has been overturned. He should pay the NHIS and submit his passport and TB test to the visa centre. The issue now is, I didn't get a refund of the NHIS up to now. Is there anyway or number I can get hold of them? We have the reference number and the email we recieved to acknowledge the payment.

Thank you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.