Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,993 members, 7,952,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:33 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1068637 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 11:43am On Aug 27, 2017
Mamalicious:
Gd day everyone , i must confess i find this thread interesting and very educative. So muchto learn for people like us who would be putting in our application soon. I have few questions to ask .
1 . My hubby earns well over the 18600 required from his salaried employment and he has bn employed for over 2 yrs with the same employer. is there any need to include my stmt of acct or savings ?
2. Must i include my original certificate with my ielts result ? Currently ASUU is on strike and i dnt know wen it wuld be called off to go and pik my cert . However i av my original stmt of result . So am thinking of adding my original stmt of result to the IELTS A1 result i have.
3. My hubby and i met in UK 2015 wen i went for my vac and since then he has nt bn bk except for April ds year wen we got married. Do i need to print our emails, wats app chats frm 2015 till date. As per the calls we often use watsapp calls asides his normal line he uses to call how do i print d watsapp call log from then till now.
4. As per supporting letter cn anyone help with a format of how it shld look like . Please

Am sorry to disturb bt i wuld be overly grateful if someone can assist with answers. Thanks in advance.

1. No need for your bank statement.

2. Only English language certificate is required.

3. You must provide conversations from 2015 till date. Someone was refused recently for only providing communication from the last few months even though they had been married for years. They want to see evidence from when the relationship started. I provided over 500 pages for Whatsapp messages and calls but usually they say 2 to 3 pages for every month or so is okay. You can email your chat log directly to yourself or any email address from the WhatsApp app, just open your chat window and click the menu (...) and then "More". You should see "Email Chat". Luckily for me my wife saved all the logs even from the first day.

4. My lawyer wrote my support letter but from what I understand you should simply introduce yourself and briefly summarise your relationship like how, where and when you met, how often you have met, when you decided to get married and where you got married. Your spouse may also write a support letter. Some people include letters from their friends and family supporting the relationship, though I didn't do this.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mamalicious: 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2017
Thanks a lot . I appreciate. Lemme go and stsrt print screening d whole whatsapp log then. It is nt a small sometin ooo. All is well in Jesus name. Yes whats apl messages would be easy to get bt whatsapp call log is another story ooo.

teejay231:

1. No need for your bank statement.

2. Only English language certificate is required.

3. You must provide conversations from 2015 till date. Someone was refused recently for only providing communication from the last few months even though they had been married for years. They want to see evidence from when the relationship started. I provided over 500 pages for Whatsapp messages and calls but usually they say 2 to 3 pages for every month or so is okay. You can email your chat log directly to yourself or any email address from the WhatsApp app, just open your chat window and click the menu (...) and then "More". You should see "Email Chat". Luckily for me my wife saved all the logs even from the first day.

4. My lawyer wrote my support letter but from what I understand you should simply introduce yourself and briefly summarise your relationship like how, where and when you met, how often you have met, when you decided to get married and where you got married. Your spouse may also write a support letter. Some people include letters from their friends and family supporting the relationship, though I didn't do this.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mamalicious: 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
Thanks dear. I appreciate . My hubby is d sponsor.

He wuld print out the call logs .

Feeyonce:

Hi, for the whatsapp call, just take a screen shot/ screen munch of your whatsapp calls history. Screen shot alot,maybe up to 6 months back, then print. If you like to do extra, then use an highlighter pen, to highlight your hubby calls,since there are other calls in your whatsapp call history (but that's not necessary, I mean the highlighting)
For normal calls, your husband should contact his network provider to email his call history of 6 months or a year. Then you print that too,and highlight his calls to you.
That's what I and my hubby did, prove of communication is very important, and those guys like documents. Lol
Your ielts is enough, no need for statement of result or certificate. Only if you just wanna include it,either way is ok. I only used my ielts though.
As per supporting letter, If there's any clarification or additional information you need them to know,that's what should be in the letter. My hubby just wrote "to whom it may concern, that we've included the documents we thought are required. However, if they need anymore documents, they should contact us" then he put his phone number.
If your hubby is the sponsor,then there's no need for your bank statement,but you can still include it.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 3:25pm On Aug 27, 2017
Mamalicious:

Thanks a lot . I appreciate. Lemme go and stsrt print screening d whole whatsapp log then. It is nt a small sometin ooo. All is well in Jesus name. Yes whats apl messages would be easy to get bt whatsapp call log is another story ooo.

The call, video logs and chats are included in the same file when you email the whatsapp record. We didn't do any print screen just a full paper roll of WhatsApp calls and chats from the first day till just before application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Rutharu: 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2017
joygirl2017:

Ahhhh ! Babe , I brought African honey cos uk honey isnt it And African food stuff . How have things been , have you gotten a job yet ?

Me be customer for UK oh!although not resident.Yes,I work here
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Endlessgrace: 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
@feeyonce, thanks for the heads up.
Please could you advise with the dates u go this amount for as I'll also be traveling in 2 weeks time.
Thanks.

Feeyonce:
Hey guys,
I just thought to give out this information, for those looking for flight. I was able to book Airfrance to London with only 1hr few minutes layover in CDG Paris, total flight time is 8hrs45mins and its 302k, though from Abuja. It's better than Air Maroc and all other long layovers and cheaper. I booked on travelstart.com.ng. My flight is in 2 weeks time though. Goodluck to us all.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nomad26: 12:16am On Aug 28, 2017
It depends. Does the job fall under shortage occupation?
If yes, 446 pounds for 3 years. If not, 587. All your questions can be answered on the link I sent earlier.

Follow this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2655931/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part
Post your questions there. I think it will be beneficial for you.

Ademidun1:

Thanks so much for your reply I really appreciate. I have earlier gone through that link you sent, I realized I didn't need much documents to send like applying for visit visa, so I wanted to be sure if only the mentioned documents on the link are needed.
Please, how much is priority service?
Thanks once again .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ademidun1: 6:27am On Aug 28, 2017
nomad26:
It depends. Does the job fall under shortage occupation?
If yes, 446 pounds for 3 years. If not, 587. All your questions can be answered on the link I sent earlier.

Follow this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2655931/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part
Post your questions there. I think it will be beneficial for you.

Thanks brother
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 11:34am On Aug 28, 2017
Biometrics done!

Waiting game starts!!

Make una wish me good luck biko!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
ronvlaar:
Biometrics done!

Waiting game starts!!

Welcome to the August waiting game.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
ronvlaar:
Biometrics done!

Waiting game starts!!

Let's start celebrating in advance. You bought loads of handouts & asked numerous questions during lecture sessions.......

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
Lamakinde:

Welcome to the August waiting game.

Lol, thank u
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Let's start celebrating in advance. You bought loads of handouts & asked numerous questions during lecture sessions.......

Yes o, person wey ask for road no dey miss.
U were really helpful, may God sama u with plenty happiness bro.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
ronvlaar:
Biometrics done!

Waiting game starts!!

Welcome and goodluck in advance.u will come out successful just like every other students that paid attention to lectures

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
Realgeo:

Welcome and goodluck in advance.u will come out successful just like every other students that paid attention to lectures

Amen, thanks

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
ronvlaar:
Biometrics done!

Waiting game starts!!

God go before make every way smooth for you and cause to find favor with the ECO.
We go celebrate you in October.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oridiya: 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2017
Pls I need help. I am in east at the moment and very sick. I sent a representative to pick it up with all an aithorization form downloaded from TLS website and all other required documents.

The staff at TLS told my respresentative that they can only give the passport to a family member or someone who applied in jointly with me.

Please can anyone give any suggestions on how else to get my passport. I cannot fly to lagos at the moment because of my health condition. Th plan is to travel to U.K. From port harcourt once the doctor gives a go ahead.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2017
joygirl2017:

God go before make every way smooth for you and cause to find favor with the ECO.
We go celebrate you in October.

Amen, thank u
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by 9kpo: 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2017
@ Oridiya I think you should send a member of your family as advised.

I am so sorry about your health, I pray God heals and strengthen you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oridiya: 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
9kpo:
@ Oridiya I think you should send a member of your family as advised.

I am so sorry about your health, I pray God heals and strengthen you.

I need someone who has a similar experience or knows someone that works there. This is because someone else said only family members that applied with you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Event20: 12:30am On Aug 30, 2017
Hi everyone, I need some advice. I'm traveling to the UK on a family reunion visa, will i experience any shortcomings if I use a one way ticket. Many thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 9:27am On Aug 30, 2017
Event20:
Hi everyone, I need some advice. I'm traveling to the
UK on a family reunion visa, will
i experience any shortcomings if I use a one way
ticket. Many thanks.
According to UKVI website, you have permission to stay.
4. Family reunion

Your partner or child can apply to join or stay with you in the UK if:

you were separated when you were forced to leave your country
you’ve been given asylum or 5 years’ humanitarian protection but don’t yet have British citizenship
Your partner or child can’t apply if:

you haven’t received a decision on your asylum application
you’re under 18
If their application is successful, your family members will be allowed to come to or stay in the UK with the same permission (‘leave’) as you.

Noting the last part, you have same permissions as the person you intend to stay with, so you can use a one way ticket.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Event20: 10:19am On Aug 30, 2017
Lamakinde:

According to UKVI website, you have permission to stay.
4. Family reunion

Your partner or child can apply to join or stay with you in the UK if:

you were separated when you were forced to leave your country
you’ve been given asylum or 5 years’ humanitarian protection but don’t yet have British citizenship
Your partner or child can’t apply if:

you haven’t received a decision on your asylum application
you’re under 18
If their application is successful, your family members will be allowed to come to or stay in the UK with the same permission (‘leave’) as you.

Noting the last part, you have same permissions as the person you intend to stay with, so you can use a one way ticket.
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
Event20:
Hi everyone, I need some advice. I'm traveling to the
UK on a family reunion visa, will
i experience any shortcomings if I use a one way
ticket. Many thanks.

Two questions for you, does this family reunion visa, have a validity period ? Does it state any expiration period ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Event20: 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Two questions for you, does this family reunion visa, have a validity period ? Does it state any expiration period ?
yes it expires in 2years, and I think it falls under the dependent visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
Event20:

yes it expires in 2years, and I think it falls under the dependent visa

Why not buy a return ticket, close to the expiration period ? And if not required, you don't use?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by cindylee: 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2017
Please I need your help. I am pregnant and traveling to the UK (24 weeks). Please will I need fit to fly from my doctor or port health? Also, what are the likely problems I might encounter. I am going to join my husband and I would need people who have travelled in similar situations to share their experience or let me know what to do.
Thanks all
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2017
cindylee:
Please I need your help. I am pregnant and traveling to the UK (24 weeks). Please will I need fit to fly from my doctor or port health? Also, what are the likely problems I might encounter. I am going to join my husband and I would need people who have travelled in similar situations to share their experience or let me know what to do.
Thanks all

It's normally 28 weeks most airlines stipulate, not to transport pregnant ladies. Best to obtain a fit to fly and medical records (to avoid speaking too much grammar).
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oridiya: 2:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
cindylee:
Thanks all

Go your doctor where you obtained your antenatanal and request a fit to fly letter. If you don't have it they won't carry you. Alternatively you can get on from the airport clinic. They will probably charge 1/2thousand naira.

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (511) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.