Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039574 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2018
MreSBee:
Thanks for the clarification.

The paragraph in bold was what I was trying to explain earlier about what I know about how they calculate the non salaried employment....

And regarding your advice on using the non salaried employment category for my application, I think that is just what I will do..... I actually am seeking an immigration lawyer's service for my application this time around so i will make sure i run that with the lawyer as well so as to get a professional point of view.

Hello MreSBe and others.

I am a nurse and meet all the requirements to bring my wife and a daughter in to the UK. I started a full work on 13th of November at 38.5hrs
contact £15 phr. I wondered if I could start my application in 4 months time or wait until August or September. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bonvieto: 11:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hi

been following this post for about 3 weeks now,just thought to applaud what you guys are doing.

i need advice on my situation, i have been seeing an Italian national for over a year,while i was in the UK, i planned on proposing, just before i could go ahead with it, i was deported (devil is a liar lol). she does intend on coming to Nigeria so we can get married and start the application process, but as you guys can imagine, the 10 year ban is a big issue, wanted to know if anyone has been in this situation before, and if they can advice us properly, cos na UK lawyer give bad advice that led to me being deported(lawyer chop my money no pay application fee).

when it comes to spousal visa and all does a extant ban affect the application?

even though she is EU she does have an indefinite leave to remain in the uk (she has been in the uk since she was a small child)

do we have to do every before the UK leaves the EU, or should we wait? the reason i ask this is cos she is currently studying for her masters and that finishes in 2019, 2 months before the whole UK and EU divorce date.

pls if anyone has previous experience thats similar to mine i would appreciate your advice
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:52am On Jan 12, 2018
deji2009:

Hello MreSBe and others.

I am a nurse and meet all the requirements to bring my wife and a daughter in to the UK. I started a full work on 13th of November at 38.5hrs
contact £15 phr. I wondered if I could start my application in 4 months time or wait until August or September. Thanks

Are your contracted hours 37.5 per week? Do you earn £18,600 per annum + £2,400 for each child (£21,000)?
Do you have communication + support logs? Are you employed full time or part time? Have you been in employment for 6 months +? Do you have 6 months bank statements + pay slips reflecting appropriate figures? Etc etc etc
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:57am On Jan 12, 2018
Bonvieto:
Hi

been following this post for about 3 weeks now,just thought to applaud what you guys are doing.

i need advice on my situation, i have been seeing an Italian national for over a year,while i was in the UK, i planned on proposing, just before i could go ahead with it, i was deported (devil is a liar lol). she does intend on coming to Nigeria so we can get married and start the application process, but as you guys can imagine, the 10 year ban is a big issue, wanted to know if anyone has been in this situation before, and if they can advice us properly, cos na UK lawyer give bad advice that led to me being deported(lawyer chop my money no pay application fee).

when it comes to spousal visa and all does a extant ban affect the application?

even though she is EU she does have an indefinite leave to remain in the uk (she has been in the uk since she was a small child)

do we have to do every before the UK leaves the EU, or should we wait? the reason i ask this is cos she is currently studying for her masters and that finishes in 2019, 2 months before the whole UK and EU divorce date.

pls if anyone has previous experience thats similar to mine i would appreciate your advice

Your deportation is cancelled by a spousal visa application...

No one knows the rule(s), although it might just be copy and paste transfer pertaining to spousal visa, once Brexit is in force.....

Would your future wife qualify as a sponsor?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bonvieto: 1:40am On Jan 12, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Your deportation is cancelled by a spousal visa application...

No one knows the rule(s), although it might just be copy and paste transfer pertaining to spousal visa, once Brexit is in force.....

Would your future wife qualify as a sponsor?

right now she wouldnt qualify as a sponsor (british law) but she qualifies as a sponsor(EU law)

when UK leaves the EU i assume she wouldnt qualify as a sponsor until she starts working and earns a certain amount
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:41am On Jan 12, 2018
Bonvieto:

right now she wouldnt qualify as a sponsor (british law) but she qualifies as a sponsor(EU law)

when UK leaves the EU i assume she wouldnt qualify as a sponsor until she starts working and earns a certain amount

You have said it all......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:01am On Jan 12, 2018
UK government eyes dey really chook........

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Teeaas: 8:11am On Jan 12, 2018
Please guys I need to know. I applied for settlement visa in November 2017 and was denied in December 2017 for not meeting English Lan gauge requirement even though I have a masters from a uk university. I has paid for priority. I reapplied paying priority again. Now my question is, will they treat the second application as priority or not because I was denied at the first application. Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:31am On Jan 12, 2018
Teeaas:
Please guys I need to know. I applied for settlement visa in November 2017 and was denied in December 2017 for not meeting English Lan gauge requirement even though I have a masters from a uk university. I has paid for priority. I reapplied paying priority again. Now my question is, will they treat the second application as priority or not because I was denied at the first application. Thanks.

Before you paid for priority again, you should have asked your questions.......

What has changed from your previous application and this new application?

Did you submit your results from the UK University? What UK university did you study your Masters?

NB: The British High commission loves your type of customer...... N3,000,000 *2 (from one applicant)? Well almost N6,000,000.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Teeaas: 11:02am On Jan 12, 2018
I did my masters in international law from unI verity college london. I think the mistake I made was putting in all my qualification in the application as English language requirement.i.e law school, call to bar, llb,diploma all in law.also I included details of a uk professional exam I am doing.so maybe the Eco just assumed they were all from nigeria.
Also there were lots of typographical error in the refusal letter indicating the Eco did not farabala (take hid/ her time)
Also I had at a point a uk residence permit, 5 year uk visit visa presently which expires next year. I have been visiting my husband since we got married but never stayed up to 6months on each visit.
This time around I only included the masters certificate and letter from naric saying since I have a uk masters degree I don't need it assessed by them again.
So please I need to know is, will priority payment for reapplication of settlement visa be treated as priority or standard.
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:25am On Jan 12, 2018
Teeaas:
I did my masters in international law from unI verity college london. I think the mistake I made was putting in all my qualification in the application as English language requirement.i.e law school, call to bar, llb,diploma all in law.also I included details of a uk professional exam I am doing.so maybe the Eco just assumed they were all from nigeria.
Also there were lots of typographical error in the refusal letter indicating the Eco did not farabala (take hid/ her time)
Also I had at a point a uk residence permit, 5 year uk visit visa presently which expires next year. I have been visiting my husband since we got married but never stayed up to 6months on each visit.
This time around I only included the masters certificate and letter from naric saying since I have a uk masters degree I don't need it assessed by them again.
So please I need to know is, will priority payment for reapplication of settlement visa be treated as priority or standard.
Thanks

We have known applicants on this thread that have had previous UK/USA visa refusals, applied for spousal visa and paid priority fees....... And applications got treated with the priority it deserved.......

I hope yours is also treated as priority, but kindly update thread for reference..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:04pm On Jan 12, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You have said it all......

Nawa o. Their dislike for illegal immigrants eh.. inshort, their dislike for immigrants grin!

I don’t understand what they think they have in their country that they are seriously mising. Anyway, I don’t blame them. If we had illegal immigrants in Nigeria that keep taking out of our limited resources and not really adding to it, we will complain too (this is me assuming that illegal immigrants don’t pay taxes too but enjoy subsidies).
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Teeaas: 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2018
Lexusgs430:

We have known applicants on this thread that have had previous UK/USA visa refusals, applied for spousal visa and paid priority fees....... And applications got treated with the priority it deserved.......

I hope yours is also treated as priority, but kindly update thread for reference..........

I am hoping so too. Been away from my husband for two months now and it feels crazy. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2018
MzDimples:
(She majorly talked on cohabitation and extension of ilr, nothing really related to what I wanted..please people,try and help a sister out here. Just the necessary info and how to go about it please..nakiemi..bibra..justwise..Lexus. .deept]

Search for Portsmouth86, start there

Hey apologies ive been so quiet, hubby and i had not 1 but two babies since he arrived lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:10pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hello house long time has passed since i was last online

Alot has happened that you wouldnt believe...

Hubby arrived in the UK Feb 2016, our son conceived in March 2016... he was born extremely prem at just 23+6 weeks gestation... he is now 16 months old and we had another baby a daughter on 13th Oct 2017 also born early at 34+3 weeks she is now 13 weeks old.

Jamal spent best part of a year in hospital due to his early arrival and many complications along the way...

Meet Jamal Abolore & Aaliyah Marie .....

13 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:57am On Jan 13, 2018
Portsmouth86:
Hello house long time has passed since i was last online

Alot has happened that you wouldnt believe...

Hubby arrived in the UK Feb 2016, our son conceived in March 2016... he was born extremely prem at just 23+6 weeks gestation... he is now 16 months old and we had another baby a daughter on 13th Oct 2017 also born early at 34+3 weeks she is now 13 weeks old.

Jamal spent best part of a year in hospital due to his early arrival and many complications along the way...

Meet Jamal Abolore & Aaliyah Marie .....

Well Done.... We have finally converted you into a proper Nigerian wife.........

Hopefully, you would invite us for some proper pounded yam & Egusi soup (personal prepared by you).....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:02am On Jan 13, 2018
Teeaas:

I am hoping so too. Been away from my husband for two months now and it feels crazy. Thanks

I hope your application gets a positive response this time.......

NB : I would not mind been a fly on the wall, in the Teeaas boudoir ..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:12am On Jan 13, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Nawa o. Their dislike for illegal immigrants eh.. inshort, their dislike for immigrants grin!

I don’t understand what they think they have in their country that they are seriously mising. Anyway, I don’t blame them. If we had illegal immigrants in Nigeria that keep taking out of our limited resources and not really adding to it, we will complain too (this is me assuming that illegal immigrants don’t pay taxes too but enjoy subsidies).

Illegal immigration probably takes more from the system, than put in.

Majority might be working in the black economy and not paying taxes. But benefit from NHS service, GP services etc etc

Let's blame our politicians/soldiers for having failed us since 1960 and continually failing us.....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 4:13am On Jan 13, 2018
Zay1:

Hello, please i am also about to apply for the same visa, do you mind telling me the documents you submitted to support your application. I hope to hear from you soon
Thanks

To be honest with you, it will be difficult for anyone to dig out list of documents for spousal application on this forum. I will advise you do what i and most nairaland students did in order to get a successful application.
Read from Pages 1 to date, note all you can and ask questions on this thread based on specific topics. It will be easier for the house to attend to your issues that way.
Hope I made sense

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 9:14am On Jan 13, 2018
Morning @deji2009

If you meet all the requirements (this is me assuming you know all the other requirements) and you earn £15 per hour and work for 38.5 hours per week....Trust me you’re good to go with that kind of income even as you intend to bring not just your wife but a daughter. However you must wait until you’re six months or more on the new job so the best time for you to apply should be around June 2018.

Please note that it is absolutely very important to meet all the other requirements ooo. I.e proof of marriage, communication and contacts with your spouse; proof of English language; accommodation etc. If not sure... read up this forum from page 1 to current page as gurus here always advice. Cheers and best of luck

deji2009:

Hello MreSBe and others.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 9:22am On Jan 13, 2018
Morning

Please can you update us (or me) as your application progresses because I’m particularly interested in knowing if there isn’t a problem with trying to use priority visa once one has been denied once. I was denied my spouse visa in Dec 2016.... I plan to reapply soon on priority visa so I would really like to have the assurance that I’m good to go with the priority regardless of my previous refusal. Thanks and good luck

Teeaas:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Teeaas: 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2018
[quote author=MreSBee post=64153352]Morning

Please can you update us (or me) as your application progresses because I’m particularly interested in knowing if there isn’t a problem with trying to use priority visa once one has been denied once. I was denied my spouse visa in Dec 2016.... I plan to reapply soon on priority visa so I would really like to have the assurance that I’m good to go with the priority regardless of my previous refusal. Thanks and good luck

I sure will. I am expecting a response from them this week if they strict to priority.
Also if you can, start processing your police character certificate if you intent to work within 6months of arriving the uk while waiting for your visa.
Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2018
MreSBee:
Morning @deji2009

If you meet all the requirements (this is me assuming you know all the other requirements) and you earn £15 per hour and work for 38.5 hours per week....Trust me you’re good to go with that kind of income even as you intend to bring not just your wife but a daughter. However you must wait until you’re six months or more on the new job so the best time for you to apply should be around June 2018.

Please note that it is absolutely very important to meet all the other requirements ooo. I.e proof of marriage, communication and contacts with your spouse; proof of English language; accommodation etc. If not sure... read up this forum from page 1 to current page as gurus here always advice. Cheers and best of luck

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 7:12am On Jan 14, 2018
Okay thanks. Regarding work... I don’t have to get the police report to work. I lived in the UK for a few years before coming back home for wedding as I didn’t want to stay illegally after the expiration of my visa. So I have a valid NI with at least three years work experience. Besides I have a full UK CRB (criminal record) certificate which is still valid.

[quote author=Teeaas post=64157874][/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Teeaas: 10:29am On Jan 14, 2018
deebaby05:
There's actually no harm in trying. Was just trying to buttress a post of a lady that priority didn't work for her husband after initial refusal.

The wait is not easy. All the best.

Please did you eventually use priority and did it work? Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jbandit: 10:22am On Jan 15, 2018
Good morning house! Happy new year! !!!

I'm about to throw in my application again and I'm trying to make things right this time. .. ( I wish I knew about this forum before my first application ).

I would be posting a copy of my refusal letter. Please gurus in the house, assist me...

@lexusgs430, just wise, deept and all others. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jbandit: 10:26am On Jan 15, 2018
Here's the refusal letter. TIA

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:27am On Jan 15, 2018
Jbandit:
Good morning house! Happy new year! !!!

I'm about to throw in my application again and I'm trying to make things right this time. .. ( I wish I knew about this forum before my first application ).

I would be posting a copy of my refusal letter. Please gurus in the house, assist me...

@lexusgs430, just wise, deept and all others. Thanks

Have you fully read this thread?
Do you meet or surpass the requirements?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:35am On Jan 15, 2018
Jbandit:
Here's the refusal letter. TIA

Is your sponsor still self employed?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jbandit: 10:39am On Jan 15, 2018
Yes he is still self employed but under UBER now.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:48am On Jan 15, 2018
Jbandit:
Yes he is still self employed but under UBER now.

Are his taxation payments in order?

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.