Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037927 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
phatbaby1:

Yeah I remember you from when I put mine in. Thanks so much. You will definitely have good news, don’t worry. It might be worth organising a meet up in one of the cities in England but I guess that’s for Oga Lexus and co to think about.

Thank you so much! Yes a meet-up will be cool, but its all up to Lexus. Anyone I see, I will attend. Me that like party more than anything grin

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lolas89: 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
mzapplication:

Thank you.

I have been sorely depressed since I found out but am even thankful that I can still hustle the money for re application.

There is apparently even expedited which takes 5 days. Costs 180 pounds though per applicant. And we are 3.. Not a lot but considering how much that has already been wasted...
hi dear, please do you know how long it takes for them to return the passport after contacting the UKVI to withdraw an application. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 11:13am On Feb 20, 2018
Unfortunately ma’am, I think you have applied for the wrong category according to that email you posted. If I’m very correct, settlement visa only applies to applicants who have a British citizen or s someone who has indefinite stay in the UK as their sponsor/spouse. You should just have applied for a dependent visa (a tier 2 dependent visa). I’m actually not sure what will happen to your £5k... but I pray they refund you so you can use to apply for the right category. All the best.

Gurus in the house, I think once there are new comers... we should always endeavour to ask them the status of their spouse/sponsor (based on this eyeopener) before even giving them advices and guidance so they are not wasting their time.

mzapplication:
Lexus G, Justwise,

Please see email that I received today: 12 weeks on the dot

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time.

From the evidence submitted it would seem that your sponsor is currently in the UK on a Tier 2 visa and has limited leave to remain. Given this you do not qualify for settlement.

Given this it is recommended that you withdraw your settlement application and that of your 2 children and re-apply for a Tier 2 dependent visas for all 3 of you.

Please check the www.gov.uk webiste for full details of how to apply.

I am very confused and don't understand the mail. I have gone back to check to see where (or if) I made a mistake in selecting the visa type.

Is it not a settlement visa? I was going to call them but want to take some time to do my research, possibly speak to am immigration lawyer.

And the fees! Have I lost over 5k pounds just like this?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 12:07pm On Feb 20, 2018
Congratulations. I’m joining you in Birmingham soon
phatbaby1:
Hi guys our application has been successful!

Whoop! Whoop!

I’m going to be popping champagne tonight

Thanks to every single person and the veterans on this thread. If you’re ever in the Birmingham area, feel free to stop by for tea :-)

Standard application
Timeline:
TLS and Biometrics: 21 November 2017
Documents received email: 24 November 2017
Supporting docs sent to Sheffield: 4 December 2017
Decision made email: None
Decision made TLS update: 15 February 2018
Passport returned to center email: 15 February 2018
Passport returned to center update: 15 February
Application picked up: 16 February

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hello house.....

I’ve been a bit quiet on here. Reason is I’ve been busy compiling documents for my reapplication. As I get to a concluding stage for compilation, I have a question regarding WhatsApp chat history for evidence or proof of communication. Please how do I go about almost 5,000 pages of WhatsApp chat history on Microsoft word. I am aware I’m to edit it and summarise it... please if you’ve been in my shoes before or graduated, how did you summarise your own? Did you just pick two random chats/pages of chat per month or just bits and bobs to form a whole page on word document. Please someone should explain how they did theirs. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mzapplication: 2:14pm On Feb 20, 2018
Lolas89:
hi dear, please do you know how long it takes for them to return the passport after contacting the UKVI to withdraw an application. Thanks

We need to open our own thread!! l grin

Well, they said 5 - 10 working days on the phone. But their email said "few days" so I am hopeful.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mzapplication: 2:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
MreSBee:

Gurus in the house, I think once there are new comers... we should always endeavour to ask them the status of their spouse/sponsor (based on this eyeopener) before even giving them advices and guidance so they are not wasting their time.

Thanks. I have since confirmed that the money has gone into the UK coffers for good.

I do agree with the point above. I came to Nairaland because of the wealth of information here.

Whilst I take full responsibility, and do not blame the great folks here (@justwize, LexusG and everyone that contributed) in any way, it will be good is there is a caveat on the cover page saying what this thread is for exactly.

I didn't want to raise/mention this last week cause I was still reeling from the shocker and was somewhat emotional. Amean, that's like a plot of land!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lolas89: 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2018
mzapplication:

We need to open our own thread!! l grin

Well, they said 5 - 10 working days on the phone. But their email said "few days" so I am hopeful.
[quote author=mzapplication post=65226003] thanks dear, I agree we should open a thread for tier 2 dependants . Hopefully they will release our passports by Friday.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
i did my biometric today at the Ikeja centre.well quite fast and with 45 mins all done please what is next
please another question my wife is here on vacation and we have to send all the documents am planning to send the document tomorrow since everything is ready but my challenge now is the self address envelope since she has two weeks to spend with me here i dont know how to do that as we are planning sending all document directly from here tomorrow but how do i go about the self address stamp envelop.please its urgent
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 8:11pm On Feb 20, 2018
readynow:
i did my biometric today at the Ikeja centre.well quite fast and with 45 mins all done please what is next
please another question my wife is here on vacation and we have to send all the documents am planning to send the document tomorrow since everything is ready but my challenge now is the self address envelope since she has two weeks to spend with me here i dont know how to do that as we are planning sending all document directly from here tomorrow but how do i go about the self address stamp envelop.please its urgent

Send the documents to someone she trusts in the UK giving instructions to send the addressed envelope. With the other documents

Or

Send the documents and when she gets back send the envelope with a letter stating you forgot to add the envelope and give your application number. Downside of this option is the entire might not get to where it supposed to go and you may have to make several calls and there might be a delay in getting your documents back.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2018
deept:

Send the documents to someone she trusts in the UK giving instructions to send the addressed envelope. With the other documents

Or

Send the documents and when she gets back send the envelope with a letter stating you forgot to add the envelope and give your application number. Downside of this option is the entire might not get to where it supposed to go and you may have to make several calls and there might be a delay in getting your documents back.

Thank you so much i appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mzapplication: 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2018
[quote author=Lolas89 post=65227131][/quote]

I got mail to come and pick up tomorrow...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2018
mzapplication:

I got mail to come and pick up tomorrow...

it is well start rejoicing
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
please am i attaching a passport photo to the application form if yes am i going to staple it on the form or just include it to the application

also for the self address envelope how many envelope can i send

will appreciate

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:35pm On Feb 20, 2018
readynow:
please am i attaching a passport photo to the application form if yes am i going to staple it on the form or just include it to the application

also for the self address envelope how many envelope can i send

will appreciate

Just put the photo in the pile of documents. And you need just one Envelope that can carry all your original documents.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 10:15pm On Feb 20, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Just put the photo in the pile of documents. And you need just one Envelope that can carry all your original documents.

thanks you so much i appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phatbaby1: 1:19am On Feb 21, 2018
MreSBee:
Hello house.....

I’ve been a bit quiet on here. Reason is I’ve been busy compiling documents for my reapplication. As I get to a concluding stage for compilation, I have a question regarding WhatsApp chat history for evidence or proof of communication. Please how do I go about almost 5,000 pages of WhatsApp chat history on Microsoft word. I am aware I’m to edit it and summarise it... please if you’ve been in my shoes before or graduated, how did you summarise your own? Did you just pick two random chats/pages of chat per month or just bits and bobs to form a whole page on word document. Please someone should explain how they did theirs. Thanks

Oh great! Personally, after reading a lot of different forums I went with screenshots and not the downloaded chat. I just felt that the downloaded chat could be easily edited compared to a screenshot. I chose one or two per month going back 3 years and I set the word page to landscape and arranged 3 pics per page. I ended up with around 50 pages. Now remember, it’s all about proving that our relationship was genuine over the time stated so I was trying to show where we started and milestones like bdays, valentines, planning our wedding. I believe every case is different and you might have your own way you want to prove. I supported the chat with screenshots showing Whatsapp voice and video calls on the call log. This doesn’t go back very far but I had remembered to start taking screen shots of that three months before the application. It was just to prove that we talk every day. Again this could all be unnecessary so go with your gut instinct of what you think proves your relationship.

Good luck and hopefully see u at Birmingham New Street station.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 1:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
ss
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good day lovely people please I am at UPS now want to send my document but the attendant said they dont send to PO Box but they send to Vulcan house but I said I needed it to be sent to the P O box in shiefield given at the TLS center Ikeja please has anyone used UPS before please your response is needed urgently

Or which other courier service can I use that will deliver to shieflied
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 3:50pm On Feb 21, 2018
Hi, I dunno if my response is late or still on time. My hubby used DHL and I guess that's what most people use.
Good-luck!

readynow:
Good day lovely people please I am at UPS now want to send my document but the attendant said they dont send to PO Box but they send to Vulcan house but I said I needed it to be sent to the P O box in shiefield given at the TLS center Ikeja please has anyone used UPS before please your response is needed urgently

Or which other courier service can I use that will deliver to shieflied
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 12:31am On Feb 22, 2018
Thanks @phatbaby.

God bless you. I actually have picked one or two things that I could use in your response.... especially the screenshot. Like you said, I’m actually going to pick milestones like “birthdays, wedding planning holidays we both went on together and times she cane visiting to Nig” parts of the chats and screenshot them so I can use to back up the chats on word document. I believe you’re absolutely right by pointing it out that they might think or believe that word document could be edited.

Also I’m going to screenshot our WhatsApp calls/video calls which unfortunately (might not be much cos I didn’t think of doing it right from a few months ago like you did your). But thanks again.... I believe it’s never too late as I haven’t even submitted the application yet

Actually I have a lawyer involved in this application and he doesn’t see anything wrong in the WhatsApp history on word document.... only that he said I and my wife must back it up with a cover summarising how we came about the history and how we came about the about 100 pages we plan to compress the chats into. But I strongly believe including the screenshots would even go a longer way in convincing the ECO or whoever is going to handle it

So are you in Brum already or that’s where you will be settling when you enter. Been to New Street a few times.... when I used to go visit my wife’s parents in Birmingham trying to ask for their blessings on marrying their daughter lol
phatbaby1:

Oh great! Personally, after reading a lot of different forums I went with screenshots and not the downloaded chat. I just felt that the downloaded chat could be easily edited compared to a screenshot. I chose one or two per month going back 3 years and I set the word page to landscape and arranged 3 pics per page. I ended up with around 50 pages. Now remember, it’s all about proving that our relationship was genuine over the time stated so I was trying to show where we started and milestones like bdays, valentines, planning our wedding. I believe every case is different and you might have your own way you want to prove. I supported the chat with screenshots showing Whatsapp voice and video calls on the call log. This doesn’t go back very far but I had remembered to start taking screen shots of that three months before the application. It was just to prove that we talk every day. Again this could all be unnecessary so go with your gut instinct of what you think proves your relationship.

Good luck and hopefully see u at Birmingham New Street station.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 8:24am On Feb 22, 2018
Hello Everyone,
This is a very informative group. Thanks for the support you guys provide, very encouraging.

I was wondering if you all could help out because I am about to complete my settlement visa application submission online and I cannot see the option for "priority service". However, I can see an option for "super-priority service" and was wondering if I can go for that option. Is the super-priority option used for settlement visas as well.

Awaiting your usual quick response.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whitnified: 10:24am On Feb 22, 2018
you pay for priority at TLS website under 'added services', it is called Settlement priority and its £551 currently. on the visa4uk website u pick standard. settlement does not have super priority option. Make sure you include your payment receipt with your bundles you send to Sheffield and write priority on the package you are using to send your documents. Hope this helps.

oxygyne:
Hello Everyone,
This is a very informative group. Thanks for the support you guys provide, very encouraging.

I was wondering if you all could help out because I am about to complete my settlement visa application submission online and I cannot see the option for "priority service". However, I can see an option for "super-priority service" and was wondering if I can go for that option. Is the super-priority option used for settlement visas as well.

Awaiting your usual quick response.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 10:38am On Feb 22, 2018
GOD BLESS YOU MY FRIEND.

I WILL GO AHEAD AND PICK STANDARD AND THEN GO TO TLS TO PAY.

I HAVE BEEN WORRIED SICK.

Whitnified:
you pay for priority at TLS website under 'added services', it is called Settlement priority and its £551 currently. on the visa4uk website u pick standard. settlement does not have super priority option. Make sure you include your payment receipt with your bundles you send to Sheffield and write priority on the package you are using to send your documents. Hope this helps.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phatbaby1: 11:56am On Feb 22, 2018
MreSBee:
Thanks @phatbaby.

God bless you. I actually have picked one or two things that I could use in your response.... especially the screenshot. Like you said, I’m actually going to pick milestones like “birthdays, wedding planning holidays we both went on together and times she cane visiting to Nig” parts of the chats and screenshot them so I can use to back up the chats on word document. I believe you’re absolutely right by pointing it out that they might think or believe that word document could be edited.

Also I’m going to screenshot our WhatsApp calls/video calls which unfortunately (might not be much cos I didn’t think of doing it right from a few months ago like you did your). But thanks again.... I believe it’s never too late as I haven’t even submitted the application yet

Actually I have a lawyer involved in this application and he doesn’t see anything wrong in the WhatsApp history on word document.... only that he said I and my wife must back it up with a cover summarising how we came about the history and how we came about the about 100 pages we plan to compress the chats into. But I strongly believe including the screenshots would even go a longer way in convincing the ECO or whoever is going to handle it

So are you in Brum already or that’s where you will be settling when you enter. Been to New Street a few times.... when I used to go visit my wife’s parents in Birmingham trying to ask for their blessings on marrying their daughter lol

I'll be settling in Brum, it's quite lovely. Good luck to you and I hope you will be receiving good news very soon.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phatbaby1: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2018
Hello house, for those of you who have gone to the UK after receiving your spouse visa. Did you get asked a lot of questions at Point of Entry? Did your spouse have to be present at the airport? My husband and I are just weighing up the pros and cons of taking time off work. Are the UKBA guys really annoying? Were you able to carry any food stuff?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
They are so unpredictable. But so far from what many people on this thread have said, they were not asked any serious question. My hubby was asked how excited he was to join his wife and his passport was stamped. If you can find your way to 'home'(where your spouse resides), then there is no point meeting you up if you guys dont see need for it. But IMHO, I would advise your spouse meets you up at the airport in case of any unforeseen contingencies.
phatbaby1:
Hello house, for those of you who have gone to the UK after receiving your spouse visa. Did you get asked a lot of questions at Point of Entry? Did your spouse have to be present at the airport? My husband and I are just weighing up the pros and cons of taking time off work. Are the UKBA guys really annoying? Were you able to carry any food stuff?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
Thanks... we will definitely meet up in Brum soon. Thanks once again
phatbaby1:

I'll be settling in Brum, it's quite lovely. Good luck to you and I hope you will be receiving good news very soon.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phatbaby1: 9:01am On Feb 23, 2018
Minnienellie24:
They are so unpredictable. But so far from what many people on this thread have said, they were not asked any serious question. My hubby was asked how excited he was to join his wife and his passport was stamped. If you can find your way to 'home'(where your spouse resides), then there is no point meeting you up if you guys dont see need for it. But IMHO, I would advise your spouse meets you up at the airport in case of any unforeseen contingencies.

Thanks so much for your advice, definitely makes sense what you have said. God bless you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimimonroe: 12:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
My husband's timeline

27/07/17 - Online application (submitted and fully paid)
1/08/17 - Biometrics appointment at TLS Ikeja
10/08/17 - Supporting documents posted from Manchester
11/08/17 - Supporting documents received by home-office
18/10/17 - Supporting documents returned in UK by home-office
23/10/17 - Application Assessed email from TLScontact
24/10/17 - Application Ready for Collection email from TLScontact
24/10/17 - Passport collected visa refused, reason for refusal wrong English test taken

Take 2!

11/11/17 - Online application (submitted and fully paid)
21/11/17 - Biometrics appointment at TLS Ikeja
25/11/17 - Supporting documents posted from Manchester
27/11/17 - Supporting documents received by home-office
21/02/18 - emailed UKVI in the morning requesting an update cos it's 64 working days since biometrics. They replied in the evening that they had made a decision.
/02/18 - Supporting documents returned in UK by home-office
22/02/18 - Emailed TLSContact in the morning for update about passport
22/02/18 - Application Assessed email from TLScontact
22/02/18 - Application Ready for Collection email from TLScontact
23/02/18 - Passport collected visa issued from 14 Feb 2018

Thanks to all in this group. Good-luck to all awaiting
Mimi

4 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
mimimonroe:
My husband's timeline

27/07/17 - Online application (submitted and fully paid)
1/08/17 - Biometrics appointment at TLS Ikeja
10/08/17 - Supporting documents posted from Manchester
11/08/17 - Supporting documents received by home-office
18/10/17 - Supporting documents returned in UK by home-office
23/10/17 - Application Assessed email from TLScontact
24/10/17 - Application Ready for Collection email from TLScontact
24/10/17 - Passport collected visa refused, reason for refusal wrong English test taken

Congrats dear! This three-month wait is crazy. please pick uncle up from the airport o, he has tried!
Take 2!

11/11/17 - Online application (submitted and fully paid)
21/11/17 - Biometrics appointment at TLS Ikeja
25/11/17 - Supporting documents posted from Manchester
27/11/17 - Supporting documents received by home-office
21/02/18 - emailed UKVI in the morning requesting an update cos it's 64 working days since biometrics. They replied in the evening that they had made a decision.
/02/18 - Supporting documents returned in UK by home-office
22/02/18 - Emailed TLSContact in the morning for update about passport
22/02/18 - Application Assessed email from TLScontact
22/02/18 - Application Ready for Collection email from TLScontact
23/02/18 - Passport collected visa issued from 14 Feb 2018

Thanks to all in this group. Good-luck to all awaiting
Mimi

Congrats dear

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by CAT22: 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2018
phatbaby1:
In my own case the immigration guy just asked if I travelled with my husband, I said no but he’s outside waiting to receive me. And he said welcome to the United Kingdom and enjoy your stay with your husband.
I bought plenty food stuffs oo. From oha leaves to Uziza, stock fish, crayfish, dried pepper, fried snail, Oh the list is endless. When I got home hubby said damn Bebe you’re such a mess. I made the oha soup immediately and hubby always insists on having poundo and oha for 2weeks straight now. Now tell me who’s a mess. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.