Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038579 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2018
deji2009:

Thank you brother or sister.

You're welcome
I'm a brother like you lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Embellish: 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2018
It's not just you o...I've been looking out for her update since yesterday..
MreSBee:
Amen. Good luck to you too..... we shall all smile at last.

Is it just me... I’m just wondering why we haven’t heard from Shemafia though. I was expecting her to actually share her good news today.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:53am On Jun 09, 2018
teejay231:

You can't stay outside the UK for more than 90 days in a calendar year.

Oh yeah that’s true, it’s 3 months!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:33am On Jun 09, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Oh yeah that’s true, it’s 3 months!

They like you within the system....... Tax and NI MUST be collected......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 3:38am On Jun 09, 2018
deebaby05:

I received my BRP same day my document came back. I got the document with a letter that my BRP will be sent i think in a week ( cant remeber exactly except i look for the letter) and not long after a delivery guy came with my BRP.

Thanks a lot. It's been almost a month since I did the biometrics but haven't received any letter yet.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osinachi1290: 10:03am On Jun 09, 2018
Aphrodite007:

As far as you’ve gotten your BRP and don’t stay in Nigeria for more than 6 months, you’re cool. Enjoy.

Not 6 months. It's 90 days per year, i.e. 3 months

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Even with ILR you can't be out for too long.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2018
Osinachi1290:

Not 6 months. It's 90 days per year, i.e. 3 months

Yes love, I noted my mistake. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 2:01pm On Jun 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osinachi1290: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Yes love, I noted my mistake. Thanks

I'm so sorry. I already replied before I saw where you acknowlegded your mistake. Tried to delete and I couldn't.
Thanks for being really sweet about it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
Osinachi1290:

I'm so sorry. I already replied before I saw where you acknowlegded your mistake. Tried to delete and I couldn't.

Hi all,
Please do they normally give the TB results that very day? I am going to do mine on Monday.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osinachi1290: 7:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
Launna29:

Hi all,
Please do they normally give the TB results that very day? I am going to do mine on Monday.

If you are having the chest x-ray, the maximum you will wait is 24hrs to get the results. Sometimes you can get it same day.

The sputum test takes 12weeks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osinachi1290: 7:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
Please who knows the cheapest means for me to send a pair of shoes to Nigeria from the UK. I will appreciate any suggestions. It's really important. I live in London
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2018
Osinachi1290:

Oh naa, it’s fine. I understood that was what happened, besides there’s nothing wrong in correcting me on a stupid/obvious mistake.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
Osinachi1290:
Please who knows the cheapest means for me to send a pair of shoes to Nigeria from the UK. I will appreciate any suggestions. It's really important. I live in London

Look for someone traveling and give it to them or pay our people that do courier services.....

Since you live London, pop into any Nigerian shop closest to you and get a decent lead......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
Osinachi1290:

Or we can ask Humble Smith, since he is the Osinachi crooner......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shemafia: 2:52am On Jun 10, 2018
Embellish:
It's not just you o...I've been looking out for her update since yesterday..

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to go all silent. My application was not successful. Its not exactly funny dealing with a refusal.
Reason for refusal: Hubby mistakenly submitted bank statement for 2 months instead of 6. Not that he didn't have it (He has worked at the same job for almost 10years), but as of now he can not say how he managed to make such a mistake.
I was so sure we would get it, because i did my home work well. Moving forward, we will try again. Immediately.
I wish everyone still waiting a happy ending.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mgwlmltd: 3:42am On Jun 10, 2018
[Talk to wlm in lon on mob whats app +447951296882

uote author=Lexusgs430 post=68336117]

Look for someone traveling and give it to them or pay our people that do courier services.....

Since you live London, pop into any Nigerian shop closest to you and get a decent lead...... [/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:11am On Jun 10, 2018
shemafia:

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to go all silent. My application was not successful. Its not exactly funny dealing with a refusal.
Reason for refusal: Hubby mistakenly submitted bank statement for 2 months instead of 6. Not that he didn't have it (He has worked at the same job for almost 10years), but as of now he can not say how he managed to make such a mistake.
I was so sure we would get it, because i did my home work well. Moving forward, we will try again. Immediately.

Sorry to hear about your refusal. Be safe in the knowledge that you did all that was right, I am sure he is flogging himself now (so he requires no more flogging from us)...

After paying all that application fee, it's such an expensive and careless mistake to make.....

A refusal all for the sake of 4 bank statements, that was not submitted?

Phew........ What more can be said?

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:12am On Jun 10, 2018
shemafia:

Happy ending after a massage, means something completely different.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:13am On Jun 10, 2018
Osinachi1290:
mgwlmltd:

Since you live London, pop into any Nigerian shop closest to you and get a decent lead......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nomad26: 9:35am On Jun 10, 2018
This is really sad and I think unfair on the part of the home office - they could have contacted your husband to submit the missing payslips. Here's what I advise: as soon as you complete the new application and receive your visa, your husband should contact his MP to write to the home office to see if the cost of the first application can be refunded. It's a worth a shot to recover your money back.

shemafia:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2018
Extremebeau:
[color=#006600][/color]

I recently applied in April...pls send all your supporting docs to sheffield from the UK its safer that way...the only docs ull need for biometrics are your recent passport (photocopies of old passport should be sent to sheffield), proof of payment, proof of appointment and first page of online application

How? Sending from the UK here is far safer and you will track it to know when its delivered and who signed it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Embellish: 10:33am On Jun 10, 2018
Awww,so sorry to learn this. Like Nomad said,Id have thought the proper thing to do was to contact hubby to get the outstanding doc across. Nevertheless,it is well
nomad26:
This is really sad and I think unfair on the part of the home office - they could have contacted your husband to submit the missing payslips. Here's what I advise: as soon as you complete the new application and receive your visa, your husband should contact his MP to write to the home office to see if the cost of the first application can be refunded. It's a worth a shot to recover your money back.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:07am On Jun 10, 2018
justwise:

How? Sending from the UK here is far safer and you will track it to know when its delivered and who signed it.

Justwise, easy on the cherry..... Le cherry Amou'r........
Extremebeau:
[color=#006600][/color]

I recently applied in April...pls send all your supporting docs to sheffield from the UK its safer that way...the only docs ull need for biometrics are your recent passport (photocopies of old passport should be sent to sheffield), proof of payment, proof of appointment and first page of online application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 1:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
Awwwww. So sad. So sorry about the refusal.... that was a very costly mistake..... I’ve been in this position before... it’s not the best.

Maybe there’s a reason for the refusal who knows

I pray God will make the next application successfully and all your efforts and time will not be in vain.

shemafia:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osinachi1290: 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
mgwlmltd:

Thanks. Will sure call the number tomorrow!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osinachi1290: 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Thanks for the info. Will try Nigerian shops. I don't want to rely on someone traveling.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shemafia: 5:30pm On Jun 10, 2018
Thanks to everyone here for your words of encouragement. I'm trying to be strong for both of us because hubby has been flogging himself over and over again.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 5:59pm On Jun 10, 2018
shemafia:
Thanks to everyone here for your words of encouragement. I'm trying to be strong for both of us because hubby has been flogging himself over and over again.

Aww poor man. He really might have forgotten. It is well. Like people are saying, the UKVI should have called him to ask about the statements, unless they did and he didn’t pick up. Sorry dear.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mzapplication: 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
Thanks Teejay, Aphrodite, Osinachi and the main gee LexusG ...

I guess the day of reckoning is here.

Can’t defer this move for much longer can I.

3 months is such a short period...it is well.

Is there a link that backs this up anywhere on the uk.gov site? I checked and checked didn’t find.

Thanks again fam.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
mzapplication:
Thanks Teejay, Aphrodite, Osinachi and the main gee LexusG ...

I guess the day of reckoning is here.

Can’t defer this move for much longer can I.

3 months is such a short period...it is well.

Is there a link that backs this up anywhere on the uk.gov site? I checked and checked didn’t find.

Thanks again fam.

I would not advice you to stay longer than the regulated period, because you would be denied entry upon arrival.

What you can do is deep in and dive out again.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.