Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038254 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
Embellish:
Whew...I got my passport/visa today,I am over the moon with joy.

To God alone be all the glory. The pressure was crazy but it ended in praise.

My timeline

Submission of application 1st March 2018
Biometric 5th March 2018
Application received on TLS 5th March 2018
Documents sent to Sheffield 13th March 2018
Decision made email 12th June 2018
Passport ready for collection 12th June 2018
Collected my passport today,13th June 2018
Vignette stamp on my passport with one month left to be in Nigeria
A very big thank you to Lexus. You are just one great guy with a large heart. Thanks for being there for us all. To every single person who took out time to drop a line to help ease off tension by way of advise/suggestion,God bless you real good.
To those still waiting for their result,it shall surely end in praise.
Thank you.

Congrats once again but I envy you guys that go for standard applications. I can imagine how frustrating the wait will be and then you can't travel for almost 4 months but then again the 551 quid priority is ridiculously high, so!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Smith35(m): 10:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
Many thanks oo....I'm living the London life now oo.
Since Feb. 22, 2017 that I went for biometrics, got refused Oct 26, 2017, appealed in Nov. ...and after the struggles, I finally resubmitted my passport on May 24, 2018 and got my passport back June 12, 2018...booked my flight (Virgin Atlantic) for June 13 and it was easy stamp in at the UK boarders.

Full timeline soon guys.
Many thanks to @justwise. Thanks a lot bro.
@Lexusgs430, thanks a lot too bro.
God bless everyone for contributing one way or the other.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:56pm On Jun 14, 2018
Smith35:
Many thanks oo....I'm living the London life now oo.
Since Feb. 22, 2017 that I went for biometrics, got refused Oct 26, 2017, appealed in Nov. ...and after the struggles, I finally resubmitted my passport on May 26, 2018 and got my passport back June 12, 2018...booked my flight (Virgin Atlantic) for June 13 and it was easy stamp in at the UK boarders.

Full timeline soon guys.
Many thanks to @justwise. Thanks a lot bro.
@Lexusgs430, thanks a lot too bro.
God bless everyone for contributing one way or the other.

Another graduate.... Congratulations....

NB: Remember to pay your 45% tithe......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 10:35am On Jun 15, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Another graduate.... Congratulations....

NB: Remember to pay your 45% tithe......

@Lexusgs430 just dey use eye sample everyone dey give tithe percentage. The tithe no get fixed percentage ni?? Lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
Minnienellie24:

@Lexusgs430 just dey use eye sample everyone dey give tithe percentage. The tithe no get fixed percentage ni?? Lol

LOL..... No fixed percentage o, percentages are totally dependent on the side of the bed, wey I take wake up.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
Minnienellie24:

Since June 2017, you never pay your own tithe o.... The God's are still waiting....

Amount including interest charges 77%.... (your husband too suppose contribute join)......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dremzz: 10:23pm On Jun 15, 2018
Thank you so much.
Aphrodite007:

Absolutely not a problem at all. However you should swear an affidavit with your husband’s name just for keeps. Bring it out when you get to the UK and decide to change your name. Take it to the bank with you and open your account, then send it with your brp to the DVLA for your drivers license. When you have your statement and drivers licence in ogas name You can’t bury the affidavit deep down in your box and just bear his name. (If you want). Only my bank and DL are in his name. I even still work with my maiden name. I no too send!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dremzz: 10:28pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hi Everyone. I have downloaded and printed this form (APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013) and was just about to fill it when on the form I noticed that the wrote this:

You MUST also complete and submit the main Personal Details Form (VAF4A). Failure to do so will delay your
application.

Please where can I find this form? I thought I just needed to fill out the VAF 4a form and also the sponsorship undertaking form.
Confused. Any Info will help.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Velourcity31: 10:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
It's just another name for the online application form you fill out on the Visa4UK website. When you're ready to submit the application, it will give you the option of downloading and printing your completed online form a.k.a. the VAF4A

Dremzz:
Hi Everyone. I have downloaded and printed this form (APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013) and was just about to fill it when on the form I noticed that the wrote this:

You MUST also complete and submit the main Personal Details Form (VAF4A). Failure to do so will delay your
application.

Please where can I find this form? I thought I just needed to fill out the VAF 4a form and also the sponsorship undertaking form.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 1:11am On Jun 16, 2018
Dremzz:

application.

It’s same as the online application. I just printed out mine from the website. After filling it online, If you want to book an appointment please do on time cos this is peak period.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
Hello, please I have many questions, I’ll appreciate any kinda help. I’ll be getting married in August and my husband will be coming then to spend only 2 weeks
1. Please what docs do you think he’ll need to bring when coming although he’ll send all the docs to Sheffield when he returns to the uk.

2. The proof of payment required for biometrics will he have to bring it along or he’ll print it here (honestly dunno how it’s done)

3. The cover letter that needs to be sent to Sheffield, must it be written and signed by me or can my husband do that?

4. Can I do my TB test and IELTS in my maiden name to save time but I want to do a change of name the week after my wedding and my new passport and any other thing will have my new surname. I hope it won’t cause issues for me?

Please don’t tell me to go and read the previous pages������. I’ve finished reading my eyes and head are now big.
I’ll appreciate any help please.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Since June 2017, you never pay your own tithe o.... The God's are still waiting....

Amount including interest charges 77%.... (your husband too suppose contribute join)......
good evening. Please can you help me with my post above
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
Loritess:
Hello, please I have many questions, I’ll appreciate any kinda help. I’ll be getting married in August and my husband will be coming then to spend only 2 weeks
1. Please what docs do you think he’ll need to bring when coming although he’ll send all the docs to Sheffield when he returns to the uk.

2. The proof of payment required for biometrics will he have to bring it along or he’ll print it here (honestly dunno how it’s done)

3. The cover letter that needs to be sent to Sheffield, must it be written and signed by me or can my husband do that?

4. Can I do my TB test and IELTS in my maiden name to save time but I want to do a change of name the week after my wedding and my new passport and any other thing will have my new surname. I hope it won’t cause issues for me?

Please don’t tell me to go and read the previous pages������. I’ve finished reading my eyes and head are now big.
I’ll appreciate any help please.

1 - He does not need to bring any documents (but he needs to take back the registry certificate)

2 - You are paying for the biometric test, hence would be required to submit receipt during your submission

3 - The cover letter is your husband introducing you to the ECO, informing that he intends to import his wife (hin no do britico girls wahala)...... Again

4 - No point changing your name on any documentations. Stick to your Papa's name and change it in the future if you feel the need to. Do your TB test & IELTS in your maiden name.....

NB : For refusing to read through this handouts, your tithe payments would be higher.......

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
Lexusgs430:

1 - He does not need to bring any documents (but he needs to take back the registry certificate)

2 - You are paying for the biometric test, hence would be required to submit receipt during your submission

3 - The cover letter is your husband introducing you to the ECO, informing that he intends to import his wife (hin no do britico girls wahala)...... Again

4 - No point changing your name on any documentations. Stick to your Papa's name and change it in the future if you feel the need to. Do your TB test & IELTS in your maiden name.....

NB : For refusing to read through this handouts, your tithe payments would be higher.......

Lol. Thank you so much. I appreciate your help. No problem I’ll pay my tithe. But I’m still reading tho.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:51am On Jun 17, 2018
Loritess:

Lol. Thank you so much. I appreciate your help. No problem I’ll pay my tithe. But I’m still reading tho.

Keep reading and understanding and take notes if possible.

Also tell your sponsor to read..... If you follow this handout 100%, you are 100% guaranteed a successful outcome.....

NB : When you are successful, we benefit from tithe payments......

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dremzz: 12:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hi Lexusgs,

So the applicant doesn't have to write a cover letter as well? And please where do we write details of how we met and all of that, is it on the online application form or the apppendix 2 form?
Also any help on how to summarise our whatsapp chat? I was just about to print out and its almost 800 pages. Thank you smiley
Lexusgs430:

Also tell your sponsor to read..... If you follow this handout 100%, you are 100% guaranteed a successful outcome.....

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 6:21pm On Jun 17, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Gospel truth!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Gospel truth!

Indeed......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Yes thank you, I sent the link to the thread to him. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
Loritess:

Yes thank you, I sent the link to the thread to him. Thank you so much.

The weight of documentations rests on your sponsors shoulder and head....

He gat the knife and the yam.....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
Lexusgs430:

The weight of documentations rests on your sponsors shoulder and head....

He gat the knife and the yam.....
Yeah that’s true.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 7:13am On Jun 18, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Dremzz:
Hi Lexusgs,

So the applicant doesn't have to write a cover letter as well? And please where do we write details of how we met and all of that, is it on the online application form or the apppendix 2 form?
Also any help on how to summarise our whatsapp chat? I was just about to print out and its almost 800 pages. Thank you smiley

The applicant also needs to write a cover letter too...details of the relationship can b on that cover letter.
For the whatsapp chat this is how i did mine i took screenshots of chats going back 2 yrs...10 screenshots per month.that mayb too much but that's how i did mine.then i created a word document on landscape view and put 10 screenshots per page 5 on each row...in d end i had about 50pages for screenshots of 2yrs
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:47am On Jun 18, 2018
Extremebeau:
[color=#006600][/color]

The applicant also needs to write a cover letter too...details of the relationship can b on that cover letter.
For the whatsapp chat this is how i did mine i took screenshots of chats going back 2 yrs...10 screenshots per month.that mayb too much but that's how i did mine.then i created a word document on landscape view and put 10 screenshots per page 5 on each row...in d end i had about 50pages for screenshots of 2yrs

Kindly send a format to Loritess. Thank you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 11:27am On Jun 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Kindly send a format to Loritess. Thank you
Thank you so much. To be sure, we should write 2 cover letters. 1 from myself and one from from my sponsor.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2018
Loritess:

Thank you so much. To be sure, we should write 2 cover letters. 1 from myself and one from from my sponsor.

Please show us a format. I wasn’t aware of the applicant writing a cover letter.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
Launna29:

Please show us a format. I wasn’t aware of the applicant writing a cover letter.

Things you learn from attending lectures..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osinachi1290: 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
Launna29:

It's not compulsory for the applicant to write. I didn't write one. Got my visa on first attempt. Your sponsor needs to explain everything about you in his own letter.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
Osinachi1290:

It's not compulsory for the applicant to write. I didn't write one. Got my visa on first attempt. Your sponsor needs to explain everything about you in his own letter.

The Sponsor's letter and Applicant's letter will contain almost the same storyline, so you might as well just include all the details in one single letter which will preferably be the Sponsor's letter. In my case, we had both and we didn't have any issues as well.

My take is that the letter is not as important as the supporting docs.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 8:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
oxygyne:

The Sponsor's letter and Applicant's letter will contain almost the same storyline, so you might as well just include all the details in one single letter which will preferably be the Sponsor's letter. In my case, we had both and we didn't have any issues as well.

My take is that the letter is not as important as the supporting docs.

Thanks and God bless you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Things you learn from attending lectures..........
Good evening, please is the visa fee different from the biometrics fee? If it is, pls do you have any idea how much it is right now?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
Loritess:

Good evening, please is the visa fee different from the biometrics fee? If it is, pls do you have any idea how much it is right now?

It's a bundled payment package with your application......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

It's a bundled payment package with your application......
Ok thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.