Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039812 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 7:51am On Jun 11, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
justwise:

How? Sending from the UK here is far safer and you will track it to know when its delivered and who signed it.

Huh?? Did u really understand what i said before responding?? I said " pls send all your documents to Sheffield from the UK" meaning the applicant should ensure d docs are sent from within d uk to Sheffield for safety
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 7:55am On Jun 11, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Lexusgs430:

Justwise, easy on the cherry..... Le cherry Amou'r........

To think he didnt even understand my statement he just started typing ** ...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 11:12am On Jun 11, 2018
shemafia:

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to go all silent. My application was not successful. Its not exactly funny dealing with a refusal.
Reason for refusal: Hubby mistakenly submitted bank statement for 2 months instead of 6. Not that he didn't have it (He has worked at the same job for almost 10years), but as of now he can not say how he managed to make such a mistake.
I was so sure we would get it, because i did my home work well. Moving forward, we will try again. Immediately.
I wish everyone still waiting a happy ending.

OMG that is a very costly mistake, so sorry. Better to check and crosscheck the package like 10 times. We had a checklist for each section, after compiling, I checked and my wife checked then we both did final checks together before submission. At least now you know you will most likely get the visa once you put the required info together. All the best

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mzapplication: 11:32am On Jun 11, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I would not advice you to stay longer than the regulated period, because you would be denied entry upon arrival.

What you can do is deep in and dive out again.....

Sure I get you. I won't flout it.

I will have to accelerate my waka and head out asap.

Just that I have so much going in naija...but gotta keep the family unit together...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 9:44am On Jun 12, 2018
ronvlaar:

You're welcome
I'm a brother like you lol

Lexusgs430:

Justwise, easy on the cherry..... Le cherry Amou'r........

I take it this is the Sheffield address for spouse visa supporting document,
I will be using Royal mail special delivery when the time comes? Would
they display their address to send docs at the end of the application?

UK Visas and Immigration, International
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S3 8WA

Thanks to both of you and everyone else
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:13am On Jun 12, 2018
deji2009:

PO Box 3468
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S3 8WA

Indeed.... Don't forget to include a SAE......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osinachi1290: 12:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
Lexusgs430:
[/quote][quote author=Lexusgs430 post=68338031]
mgwlmltd:
[Talk to wlm in lon on mob whats app +447951296882

I called the number above and the lady on the line said it's a wrong number.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
Osinachi1290:

mgwlmltd:
[Talk to wlm in lon on mob whats app +447951296882

I did not post the number, I only quoted it in my reply....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Indeed.... Don't forget to include a SAE......

Return envelope, what type would you recommend?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2018
deji2009:

Return envelope, what type would you recommend?

The envelope that would fit all your documentations when it's posted back........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Embellish: 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hi all,
My hubby has just received our supporting doc. Pls when do you think I'd likely get a mail to pick up my passport? This is taking forever and the apprehension is building up as the days go by...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dremzz: 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hi everyone,

I recently got married , and I am yet to change my name to my hubbys and would be applying for the spouse visa with my maiden name. Will this be an issue and will I be able to change it after getting the visa.
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
Read well.... they mentioned “on WhatsApp “

Osinachi1290:

mgwlmltd:
[Talk to wlm in lon on mob [b]whats app+447951296882
[/b]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hi Embellish..... I think we both applied around the same time (this is me quoting one of your replies a few weeks ago.... I think you mentioned that you applied a week after readynow which was when I applied to...2nd of March to be precise) please what date exactly did you submit your application and did your biometrics? I’m asking all these because if going by the fact that we applied around the same time, I’m wondering why we haven’t gotten a pick up email yet and also why my wife hasn’t received my own documents just as your hubby has. And also which of the TLS office did you applied from (Ikeja, VI or Abuja)?

Hope you don’t think my questions are too much lol.....

Embellish:
Hi all,
My hubby has just received our supporting doc. Pls when do you think I'd likely get a mail to pick up my passport? This is taking forever and the apprehension is building up as the days go by...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
deji2009:

PO Box 3468
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S3 8WA

See my attachment

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 7:12am On Jun 13, 2018
justwise:

See my attachment

Could you send me the link please. The address is different from the one I have.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 9:23am On Jun 13, 2018
Embellish:
Hi all,

No hard and fast rule really, I received the email to pick up a day before or the same day we got our documents back. But for some, they received the email to pick up and didn't receive supporting documents until days after and for others the reverse of this process.

For now, just keep calm and be hopeful that you got the visa. All the best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 9:28am On Jun 13, 2018
Dremzz:
Hi everyone,

I recently got married , and I am yet to change my name to my hubbys and would be applying for the spouse visa with my maiden name. Will this be an issue and will I be able to change it after getting the visa.
Thanks.

I don't think that will be an issue, in our case we maintained our individual names for the application and it was not an issue.

Yes, I believe you can change your name (to any name you want) after getting the visa but you will have to notify home office of the name change.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Embellish: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2018
Lol...no they are not. I submitted my application on the 1st of March and did my biometrics on the 5th. I applied from TLS VI.
MreSBee:
Hi Embellish..... I think we both applied around the same time (this is me quoting one of your replies a few weeks ago.... I think you mentioned that you applied a week after readynow which was when I applied to...2nd of March to be precise) please what date exactly did you submit your application and did your biometrics? I’m asking all these because if going by the fact that we applied around the same time, I’m wondering why we haven’t gotten a pick up email yet and also why my wife hasn’t received my own documents just as your hubby has. And also which of the TLS office did you applied from (Ikeja, VI or Abuja)?

Hope you don’t think my questions are too much lol.....

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Embellish: 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2018
Thanks Oxygyne. I got a mail arnd 5pm yesterday that my passport was ready for pick up. I've received it and it was a successful
oxygyne:

No hard and fast rule really, I received the email to pick up a day before or the same day we got our documents back. But for some, they received the email to pick up and didn't receive supporting documents until days after and for others the reverse of this process.

For now, just keep calm and be hopeful that you got the visa. All the best.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
Embellish:
Thanks Oxygyne. I got a mail arnd 5pm yesterday that my passport was ready for pick up. I've received it and it was a successful

Congrats, I can imagine the relief.!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Embellish: 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2018
Whew...I got my passport/visa today,I am over the moon with joy.

To God alone be all the glory. The pressure was crazy but it ended in praise.

My timeline

Submission of application 1st March 2018
Biometric 5th March 2018
Application received on TLS 5th March 2018
Documents sent to Sheffield 13th March 2018
Decision made email 12th June 2018
Passport ready for collection 12th June 2018
Collected my passport today,13th June 2018
Vignette stamp on my passport with one month left to be in Nigeria
A very big thank you to Lexus. You are just one great guy with a large heart. Thanks for being there for us all. To every single person who took out time to drop a line to help ease off tension by way of advise/suggestion,God bless you real good.
To those still waiting for their result,it shall surely end in praise.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2018
Congratulations dear. I’m so happy to read your great news. I know mine is next. I am still waiting for their “decision made” and “passport ready for collection” email. Fingers crossed

And thanks for your response to my previous questions.
Embellish:

My timeline

Biometric 5th March 2018
A very big thank you to Lexus. You are just one great guy with a large heart. Thanks for being there for us all. To every single person who took out time to drop a line to help ease off tension by way of advise/suggestion,God bless you real good.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2018
Dremzz:
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Absolutely not a problem at all. However you should swear an affidavit with your husband’s name just for keeps. Bring it out when you get to the UK and decide to change your name. Take it to the bank with you and open your account, then send it with your brp to the DVLA for your drivers license. When you have your statement and drivers licence in ogas name You can’t bury the affidavit deep down in your box and just bear his name. (If you want). Only my bank and DL are in his name. I even still work with my maiden name. I no too send!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 7:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
MreSBee:
Congratulations dear. I’m so happy to read your great news. I know mine is next. I am still waiting for their “decision made” and “passport ready for collection” email. Fingers crossed

Congratulations!! Please if you don’t mind give us a breakdown of documents submitted for those of us that are about to apply.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
deji2009:

Could you send me the link please. The address is different from the one I have.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/burma/pdf/Changes-to-process-for-UK-settlement-visa-applicants-Lidpro-Egnlish.pdf
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
Embellish:

My timeline

Biometric 5th March 2018
Thank you.

Congratulations Madam, I remember when you joined this University of Spousal Visa in February.

You have been a very attentive student, paying attention to all details, bought all the necessary handouts (although I caught you stretching your neck a few times), it's all forgiven now.....

I wish you well in your new sojourn (I hear life in the UK is another journey altogether)........

NB : Remember to pay your 56% tithe......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Embellish: 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
Lol...thank you Lexus,I appreciate. Pls how do I pay my tithe ooo?
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations Madam, I remember when you joined this University of Spousal Visa in February.

You have been a very attentive student, paying attention to all details, bought all the necessary handouts (although I caught you stretching your neck a few times), it's all forgiven now.....

I wish you well in your new sojourn (I hear life in the UK is another journey altogether)........

NB : Remember to pay your 56% tithe......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osinachi1290: 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
MreSBee:

Thanks. Will try that now.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osinachi1290: 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2018
MreSBee:

Tried the whatsapp now. Same response. Wrong number.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
Embellish:

My timeline

Biometric 5th March 2018
Thank you.

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2018
MreSBee:

Still waiting for their decision made email too we shall rejoice in Jesus name

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.