Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037589 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 9:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Don't panic..... Patience is a virtue....

Thanks.... that’s all I can do anyway,chill...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2018
Kakushia2:

Thanks.... that’s all I can do anyway,chill...

Indeed.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Indeed.....

Hi all, I got an email this morning our application is about to be considered. It’s a standard application. Do i start counting from now or when we did biometrics?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2018
Launna29:

Hi all, I got an email this morning our application is about to be considered. It’s a standard application. Do i start counting from now or when we did biometrics?

Nice attitude buddy, rather than focus on the actual consideration you have moved to date of collection.

I think you can start counting from the date the supporting documents package was received, am I right my people??

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Lexusgs430:

Lol... The applicant was already tired.... So I thought cancelling the application (without refund), might be a more palatable resolution......

Chai no oh ...tamper justice with mercy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Lexusgs430:

If you double am, that's 50% tithe payment..... E go too mush, kuku make am 29.5 %.........

Okay Sir..i shall do exactly as u have said..lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2018
Hi everyone

Please I need some information if anyone can help.
I and my son was refuse settlement visa in Feb 2018, for stupid reasons. We appealed in March 2018 , I received an email 3 weeks ago from Home Office Sheffield saying that they have decided to overturn the initial refuse, they want to grant my visa but I need to withdrawal my appeal. The tribunal contacted me and requested for letter of consent for the withdrawal, which I gave. Last week I received another email from Home Office stating that the decision to refuse your visa application has been overturned and our office is now ready to issue you a UK visa, that we need pay Immgration Health Surcharge with a link , after making the payment we should take our passport along with a copy of the email sent to me by Home Office to the visa application centre where we initially made our application.
Question 1- Are we just going to walk in ?
Question 2- Is it possible for someone to Submit our passport on our behalf?
Question 3- Do we need to do another TBS test when travelling by God's grace, since the previous one is more than 6 months?
Question 4- Are we going to pay any fee for this process again at application centre?
I will really appreciate your suggestion or response. Thanks and God bless.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2018
Priorygroup:
Hi everyone

I and my son was refuse settlement visa in Feb 2018, for stupid reasons. We appealed in March 2018 , I received an email 3 weeks ago from Home Office Sheffield saying that they have decided to overturn the initial refuse, they want to grant my visa but I need to withdrawal my appeal. The tribunal contacted me and requested for letter of consent for the withdrawal, which I gave. Last week I received another email from Home Office stating that the decision to refuse your visa application has been overturned and our office is now ready to issue you a UK visa, that we need pay Immgration Health Surcharge with a link , after making the payment we should take our passport along with a copy of the email sent to me by Home Office to the visa application centre where we initially made our application.
Question 3- Do we need to do another TBS test when travelling by God's grace, since the previous one is more than 6 months?
Question 4- Are we going to pay any fee for this process again at application centre?

Congratulations..... The beauty of taking the appeal gamble route, you might just be lucky to have a reconsideration....

Do as the email stated, pay your IHS fee. You submit your passport and await collection date.

TB test not required & you pay no more fees.....

Why do you want to submit by proxy? I am sure you can submit by proxy, just write a cover letter to that effect and hand over all receipts and documents to your proxy......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2018
Priorygroup:
Hi everyone

If i may ask why were you guys refused?
Question 2- I don’t think it is possible for your passports to be submitted on your behalf because your biometrics would be taken again.
Question 3- If the TB test duration has not expired you can still use it.
Let my ogas at the top answer further. Lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 7:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
Priorygroup:
Hi everyone

First of all, I am happy for you on the decision to overturn your refusal, that's awesome.

On your questions, here is my take:
1. When you made the IHS payment, weren't you directed to an appointment page? If not, I will advise you take along the previous application receipt and refusal documents received from Home Office along with copies of your IHS payment confirmation and the overturn emails from Home Office. Just carry all, you will know what you need when you get there. But more importantly, take your passports.

2. Will advise you submit yourself.

3. Do not think you need to do another TB test, if it's required they would have asked for it in the email. The original TBS test certificates have been assessed during your application.

4. Do not think you have to pay for anything again. Maybe unless you want your passport couriered to you.

I am sure someone with a similar experience would respond shortly, again we are happy for you.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
Launna29:

Question 2- I don’t think it is possible for your passports to be submitted on your behalf because your biometrics would be taken again.

Thanks to everyone for quick response.
Reasons for refusal
1- No date on the pictures we submitted.
2- The WhatsApp chat we submitted was a month old before my relationship started( I submitted one year call log before my relationship started)
3- That the birth certificate of my daughter was collected after 5 years from her birth. Which on the gov uk website states that any child born in UK should get their birth certificate within 48 hours which only apply to child born uk not overseas.
4- That the pictures we submitted look the same which was not true.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:41pm On Jul 16, 2018
Launna29:

If the biometrics would be undertaken again, then no other way.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 7:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations..... The beauty of taking the appeal gamble route, you might just be lucky to have a reconsideration....

Do as the email stated, pay your IHS fee. You submit your passport and await collection date.

Why do you want to submit by proxy? I am sure you can submit by proxy, just write a cover letter to that effect and hand over all receipts and documents to your proxy......

I stay in port Harcourt. TB test only last for six months but from information I gathered , that TB was only need with the previous application but whichever way , we will get a new TB to be on saver side.

Please do anyone know visa application centre ikeja lagos phone number?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2018
Priorygroup:

I stay in port Harcourt. TB test only last for six months but from information I gathered , that TB was only need with the previous application but whichever way , we will get a new TB to be on saver side.

They never pick their calls...
Because your application was still in progress, albeit TB has expired in the intervening period. The TB certificate is still valid. But you can redo it to clear any doubts (back in the good old days, the TB test was usually conducted at the POE free)

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
Priorygroup:

Visit lagos, stay at an hotel for the period. Get your business done and return the next day.......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 8:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
oxygyne:

First of all, I am happy for you on the decision to overturn your refusal, that's awesome.

1. When you made the IHS payment, weren't you directed to an appointment page? If not, I will advise you take along the previous application receipt and refusal documents received from Home Office along with copies of your IHS payment confirmation and the overturn emails from Home Office. Just carry all, you will know what you need when you get there. But more importantly, take your passports.

3. Do not think you need to do another TB test, if it's required they would have asked for it in the email. The original TBS test certificates have been assessed during your application.

4. Do not think you have to pay for anything again. Maybe unless you want your passport couriered to you.

I am sure someone with a similar experience would respond shortly, again we are happy for you.

Once that TB cert has expired you ll need to do another to be on a safe side

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2018
Extremebeau:
[color=#006600][/color]

Once that TB cert has expired you ll need to do another to be on a safe side

Ok I didnt know that!

But let me ask, what do you need this new TB test for? Is it to be submitted with the passport?
Because you definitely do not need it at immigration check when you land in the UK.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
oxygyne:

Ok I didnt know that!

But let me ask, what do you need this new TB test for? Is it to be submitted with the passport?
Because you definitely do not need it at immigration check when you land in the UK.

A new TB certificate is not required, for the same application.

If OP was to file a fresh application, then validity would be put into consideration....... Hence new TB certificate would be required.....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 10:09pm On Jul 16, 2018
Lexusgs430:

A new TB certificate is not required, for the same application.

If OP was to file a fresh application, then validity would be put into consideration....... Hence new TB certificate would be required.....

Exactly what I thought.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 12:00am On Jul 17, 2018
oxygyne:

Thanks oxygyne
I will do that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 12:05am On Jul 17, 2018
oxygyne:

Ok I didnt know that!

couple of people that just arrived uk, said they did not ask them TB cert.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 11:12am On Jul 17, 2018
Priorygroup:

couple of people that just arrived uk, said they did not ask them TB cert.

Not just a couple of people, I don't think they've ever asked anyone for TB test certificate at the airport...lol

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by suavelara(f): 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
Good afternoon people.

Just a small question (may sound stupid though but no vex pls).

Does maintaining your maiden name passport affect your visa chances?

Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2018
suavelara:
Good afternoon people.

Just a small question (may sound stupid though but no vex pls).

Does maintaining your maiden name passport affect your visa chances?

Thanks.

No...... My name is for sale if you want to add it too.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by suavelara(f): 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
Lexusgs430:

No...... My name is for sale if you want to add it too.....

grin Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 11:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I sent someone today to the application centre to find out if someone could help me submit my documents, they said I can only submit it myself, nobody can do that on my behalf. Not sure how long it will take to get my documents back, anyone with idea?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:25am On Jul 18, 2018
Priorygroup:

I sent someone today to the application centre to find out if someone could help me submit my documents, they said I can only submit it myself, nobody can do that on my behalf. Not sure how long it will take to get my documents back, anyone with idea?

Since you are resubmitting your passports, after an initial spousal visa refusal and an advised withdrawal of appeal. Once you submit your passports, you might wait up to 2 months to get your documents back.....

If you waited to see the appeal process through, you would have had to wait up to 2 years, assuming your appeal is granted.....

Comparing both situations, you are in a much better position timewise, so why has time become an issue? Be patient and justwise, and your justwise would be granted soonest.....

Some people had to pay about £3000 for another application, after initially been rejected, and did not want to take the appeal gamble and had to splash out again....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2018
Priorygroup:

Go submit your documents as soon as possible and pray you have the same speedy response as your appeal process.

There is no fixed timeline for this, unfortunately, like lexusgs430 said, usually about 2 months+ but yours might be less.

All the best!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2018
Success!!

We applied on priority. To be honest I think priority is daylight robbery, extra 50% charge and you’re not actually guaranteed anything as UKVI can’t be held to account for the timeframe.

Here’s our timeline.

Applied: 5th May
Biometrics: 21st May
App prepared email: 1st June
Escalated @ 30 BD: 3rd July
Emailed MP for assistance: 6th July
Email saying app is in last stages: 10th July
Email saying they’re too busy for a decision: 13th July
MP emailed to say UKVI informed them we had been successful: 18th July
Decision: 18th July
Passport picked: 18th July

41 working days from bio to passport collection.

5 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2018
Kakushia2:
Success!!

We applied on priority. To be honest I think priority is daylight robbery, extra 50% charge and you’re not actually guaranteed anything as UKVI can’t be held to account for the timeframe.

Here’s our timeline.

Applied: 5th May
Biometrics: 21st May
App prepared email: 1st June
Escalated @ 30 BD: 3rd July
Emailed MP for assistance: 6th July
Email saying app is in last stages: 10th July
Email saying they’re too busy for a decision: 13th July
MP emailed to say UKVI informed them we had been successful: 18th July
Decision: 18th July
Passport picked: 18th July

41 working days from bio to passport collection.

I have been waiting to hear from you!! Congratulations!! I key into this.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2018
want to thank all those who helped especially Lexus who was prompt in replying my messages, Oxygen and all those I can’t recall that helped answer my questions from the beginning.
Thank you so much.

I think if you want to apply for priority, don’t apply around May cos it’s their busiest period.! So annoying waiting. If not for hubby, I think I would have gone crazy especially with pregnancy hormones lol

Also, even tho your spouse just starts a new employment as we have, their application can be successful once you provide all the necessary docs.

I wish all those applying success..!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2018
Launna29:

I have been waiting to hear from you!! Congratulations!! I key into this.

Aww thanks babe.. I wish you all the best in your application.. you will get yours soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.