Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039379 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2018
Kakushia2:
want to thank all those who helped especially Lexus who was prompt in replying my messages, Oxygen and all those I can’t recall that helped answer my questions from the beginning.
Thank you so much.

I think if you want to apply for priority, don’t apply around May cos it’s their busiest period.! So annoying waiting. If not for hubby, I think I would have gone crazy especially with pregnancy hormones lol

Also, even tho your spouse just starts a new employment as we have, their application can be successful once you provide all the necessary docs.

I wish all those applying success..!

Great news, so happy for you. The wait is over, time to fly away into the sun. You might want to consider traveling in August as well to save of flight cost...lol

And yes there's been a lot of delays during this period including those applying for visit visas. Lesson learned for everyone.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2018
Kakushia2:

Aww thanks babe.. I wish you all the best in your application.. you will get yours soon

You counted backwards, I was close to cancellation (if not for the elders on this thread) + your husband sent me a message (only wife enrolled, husband receiving free lectures) + your really utilised all the handouts issued, asking numerous questions at the slightest opportunity etc etc

For all the accusations mentioned above, 94% tithe is payable (no route to appeal).....

Congratulations..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2018
oxygyne:

Great news, so happy for you. The wait is over, time to fly away into the sun. You might want to consider traveling in August as well to save of flight cost...lol

And yes there's been a lot of delays during this period including those applying for visit visas. Lesson learned for everyone.

August! Nah..well luckily I have a return ticket already.. need to just change dates and I’m off soon by God’s grace.

Those people hardly delay for visit visas yano.. we suffer the consequences especially if you apply for priority. Not worth it during this period tbh.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You counted backwards, I was close to cancellation (if not for the elders on this thread) + your husband sent me a message (only wife enrolled, husband receiving free lectures) + your really utilised all the handouts issued, asking numerous questions at the slightest opportunity etc etc

For all the accusations mentioned above, 94% tithe is payable (no route to appeal).....

Congratulations..........

Lmao! Fake fake internal connections..
Accusations! cheesy

Yes better to ask and get all the info.. but thank you so much really Lexus!!

But 94% tithe tho! Jeez! grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2018
Kakushia2:

Lmao! Fake fake internal connections..
Accusations! cheesy

Yes better to ask and get all the info.. but thank you so much really Lexus!!

But 94% tithe tho! Jeez! grin

It's now you know it's fake internal connections abi? You could have dropped your applications reference number, and see me perform 9ja wonder.......

94% tithe is fair......... See how elated you are presently, it all comes at a cost......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2018
Kakushia2:

August! Nah..well luckily I have a return ticket already.. need to just change dates and I’m off soon by God’s grace.

Those people hardly delay for visit visas yano.. we suffer the consequences especially if you apply for priority. Not worth it during this period tbh.

FLY AWAY THEN..no time to waste!

All the best at your new location.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Since you are resubmitting your passports, after an initial spousal visa refusal and an advised withdrawal of appeal. Once you submit your passports, you might wait up to 2 months to get your documents back.....

If you waited to see the appeal process through, you would have had to wait up to 2 years, assuming your appeal is granted.....

Comparing both situations, you are in a much better position timewise, so why has time become an issue? Be patient and justwise, and your justwise would be granted soonest.....

Some people had to pay about £3000 for another application, after initially been rejected, and did not want to take the appeal gamble and had to splash out again....

Honestly am not in hurry.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:03pm On Jul 18, 2018
Priorygroup:

Honestly am not in hurry.

That's good.... Book your hotel, visit lagos, submit documents and start counting your calendar backwards....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2018
Lexusgs430:

It's now you know it's fake internal connections abi? You could have dropped your applications reference number, and see me perform 9ja wonder.......

94% tithe is fair......... See how elated you are presently, it all comes at a cost......

Me that clearly told you to go ahead... pfff grin
Nobi only 9ja wonder.. lol

We shall pay 95% then .. wink
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
Kakushia2:

Me that clearly told you to go ahead... pfff grin
Nobi only 9ja wonder.. lol

We shall pay 95% then .. wink

It's now your mouth dey sweet ......... Thanks for the 1% addition..... cheesy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stargirl1628(f): 12:21am On Jul 20, 2018
I came to know about this forum today as vfs Ikeja. I'm done wt biometric n probably will post d supporting documents 2moro. I have an issue wt my IHS; after completing d form online, I was exempted(kind of weird) and an email wt ref no sent to my mail. On getting to vfs today, I met a lady who's also submitting for spouse visa n she told me that she paid. I'm really worried and I need to know what to do before I post my supporting docs to Sheffield to avoid any negative issues. Pls advice me on what to do
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 12:42am On Jul 20, 2018
stargirl1628:
I came to know about this forum today as vfs Ikeja. I'm done wt biometric n probably will post d supporting documents 2moro. I have an issue wt my IHS; after completing d form online, I was exempted(kind of weird) and an email wt ref no sent to my mail. On getting to vfs today, I met a lady who's also submitting for spouse visa n she told me that she paid. I'm really worried and I need to know what to do before I post my supporting docs to Sheffield to avoid any negative issues. Pls advice me on what to do

Hi,
This same thing happened to my 2 year old son. Cos we both applied together. But thankfully last friday they emailed me to pay cos we did our biometrics June 26. and I paid immediately. I was surprised why they would exempt my son from paying IHS. Although i was happy cheesy
My advice is either u wait for them to email you and u follow the link or contact them as soon as possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stargirl1628(f): 1:20am On Jul 20, 2018
Thanks dear for d advice. Another question, can I submit my University Certificate (Nigerian Uni - Nnamdi Azikiwe Uni) without going thru Naric for verification?

Launna29:

Hi,
This same thing happened to my 2 year old son. Cos we both applied together. But thankfully last friday they emailed me to pay cos we did our biometrics June 26. and I paid immediately. I was surprised why they would exempt my son from paying IHS. Although i was happy cheesy
My advice is either u wait for them to email you and u follow the link or contact them as soon as possible.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 2:29am On Jul 20, 2018
stargirl1628:
Thanks dear for d advice. Another question, can I submit my University Certificate (Nigerian Uni - Nnamdi Azikiwe Uni) without going thru Naric for verification?

I think you have to go through Naric for verification. Let my ogas at the top answer this question. Lol

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:02am On Jul 20, 2018
stargirl1628:

You would be taken a massive gamble...... We have known people on this forum submit Nigerian University certificates, and application gets rejected because of the English Factor....

NB: We know your university taught you in English, but it seems they think we are taught in broken English or poor Queens English.......
Some people even submitted UK university credentials, and still got rejected (initially)...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 3:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Kakushia2:
Success!!

We applied on priority. To be honest I think priority is daylight robbery, extra 50% charge and you’re not actually guaranteed anything as UKVI can’t be held to account for the timeframe.

Here’s our timeline.

Applied: 5th May
Biometrics: 21st May
App prepared email: 1st June
Escalated @ 30 BD: 3rd July
Emailed MP for assistance: 6th July
Email saying app is in last stages: 10th July
Email saying they’re too busy for a decision: 13th July
MP emailed to say UKVI informed them we had been successful: 18th July
Decision: 18th July
Passport picked: 18th July

41 working days from bio to passport collection.

Patience they say is a virtue. .the most impt thing is u got your visa...Glory to God and congratulations
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stargirl1628(f): 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
Thanks so much Lexus, I will do the needful and get d letter from school by His grace on Monday.

Lexusgs430:

You would be taken a massive gamble...... We have known people on this forum submit Nigerian University certificates, and application gets rejected because of the English Factor....

NB: We know your university taught you in English, but it seems they think we are taught in broken English or poor Queens English.......
Some people even submitted UK university credentials, and still got rejected (initially)...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2018
stargirl1628:
Thanks so much Lexus, I will do the needful and get d letter from school by His grace on Monday.

The letter from your institution, is the only route now. You have already done your biometrics and don't have the time required for NARIC's assessment.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Pacmandude: 8:31am On Jul 21, 2018
justwise:

Unfortunately that is the way its, tribunal hearing dates are always loaded, in 2010 when i had a case there it was the same situation.

In some cases you may not have to wait till the hearing because after reviewing your case and supporting documents they may overturn the decision and ask your wife to submit her passport for visa.

To get your document you just have to keep disturbing them else they will not be in a hurry to return it.

I completely understand your frustration though.
Hello Justwise and other people in the house. Homeoffice and tribunal have not replied my appeal so I reapplied for settlement visa but i am having a little problem with the payment option on ukvisa website for priorty.I could not find priority payment for 573 Pounds.Only that for Super priority for 919 Pounds is available (on TLS website both options are there). Can any of you put me through please? I want advise whether to go ahead with the 919 Pound option or what do i do to get the 573 Pound option (this is better for me)?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ricki: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
Pacmandude:
Hello Justwise and other people in the house. Homeoffice and tribunal have not replied my appeal so I reapplied for settlement visa but i am having a little problem with the payment option on ukvisa website for priorty.I could not find priority payment for 573 Pounds.Only that for Super priority for 919 Pounds is available (on TLS website both options are there). Can any of you put me through please? I want advise whether to go ahead with the 919 Pound option or what do i do to get the 573 Pound option (this is better for me)?

can you state why you was refused the 1st time and .......

why the rush rush in securing a visa through priority? however, the so called priority can be purchase at tls website/ tls office!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stargirl1628(f): 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
Yes d letter is all I need now, so can I attach it wt my other documents and send to Sheffield without assessment or I should send to Naric? How long does it take to get a response from Naric using d fast track option of 24hrs? Pls advice me on d next step to take. I'm done wt d biometric and barely have time for submission

Lexusgs430:

The letter from your institution, is the only route now. You have already done your biometrics and don't have the time required for NARIC's assessment.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
stargirl1628:
Yes d letter is all I need now, so can I attach it wt my other documents and send to Naric without assessment or I should send to Naric? How long does it take to get a response from Naric using d fast track option of 24hrs? Pls advice me on d next step to take

Naric 24 hours is about £196.00......
You do not send the letter from your university to naric. You send your certificate to Naric for grading...

The letter was incase you wanted to bypass naric, take the gamble and submit directly to UKBA......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stargirl1628(f): 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
OK I will take d gamble of submitting wt d letter from school and I pray n hope all will go well. Thank u so much

Lexusgs430:

Naric 24 hours is about £196.00......
You do not send the letter from your university to naric. You send your certificate to Naric for grading...

The letter was incase you wanted to bypass naric, take the gamble and submit directly to UKBA......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2018
stargirl1628:
OK I will take d gamble of submitting wt d letter from school and I pray n hope all will go well. Thank u so much

Very expensive gamble...... If you get refused, another £3000 or appeal......
Pray?
Think thrice......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

That's good.... Book your hotel, visit lagos, submit documents and start counting your calendar backwards....

Evening everyone
Quick one, I will be submitting my passport on Monday , is it safe for the application centre to send my documents back to me in port Harcourt by courier ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Pacmandude: 8:13am On Jul 22, 2018
ricki:

can you state why you was refused the 1st time and .......

why the rush rush in securing a visa through priority? however, the so called priority can be purchase at tls website/ tls office!
Refusal the 1st time was because tb and english language docs were not submitted. These two docs were available at the time of biometrics.Not submitted because it was assumed it will be forwarded by the designated centres to home office.Appeal was done through tribunal.

Getting to do priority now is because we have been waiting since March to hear from tribunal and no news. So instead of keep on waiting for tribunal which will take forever, thought it wise to get apply again this time using priority(one month). This i can't find priority on ukvisa site during payment.Its only super priority which is an extra 400 Pound to priority as stated on tls website.

You know ricki one needs to pay for the visa application, health insurance etc on ukvisa website after filling the application and submitting not tls website. That was why i asked the question if any1 knows why priority(except super priority) is not on the list & how i will go about getting the one priority instead of super priority?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:49am On Jul 22, 2018
Priorygroup:

Evening everyone
Quick one, I will be submitting my passport on Monday , is it safe for the application centre to send my documents back to me in port Harcourt by courier ?

Assuming they send it back with your spousal visa included and the courier loses it in transit?

You appear to like courier, proxy submission etc etc etc.. If this application is important to you. You would make time to visit and collect, when you get the nod......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 10:52am On Jul 22, 2018
[quote author=Pacmandude post=69598246]
Refusal the 1st time was because tb and english language docs were not submitted. These two docs were available at the time of biometrics.Not submitted because it was assumed it will be forwarded by the designated centres to home office.Appeal was done through tribunal.

Getting to do priority now is because we have been waiting since March to hear from tribunal and no news. So instead of keep on waiting for tribunal which will take forever, thought it wise to get apply again this time using priority(one month). This i can't find priority on ukvisa site during payment.Its only super priority which is an extra 400 Pound to priority as stated on tls website.

You know ricki one needs to pay for the visa application, health insurance etc on ukvisa website after filling the application and submitting not tls website. That was why i asked the question if any1 knows why priority(except super priority) is not on the list & how i will go about getting the one priority instead of super priority?[/quote

You can pay for priority on the TLS website after paying the normal fee on ukba site...i think ull find d priority under added services on tls website
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Pacmandude: 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
[quote author=Extremebeau post=69601508][/quote] Thank you Extremebeau for your advise. Will do as you said. Appreciate you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:39am On Jul 23, 2018
If anyone ever wondered why our University certificates are usually not accepted(in its present form), feed your eyes.......

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ricki: 8:12am On Jul 23, 2018
Pacmandude:

You know ricki one needs to pay for the visa application, health insurance etc on ukvisa website after filling the application and submitting not tls website. That was why i asked the question if any1 knows why priority(except super priority) is not on the list & how i will go about getting the one priority instead of super priority?

so unfortunate to be denied for such a simple mistake.

I checked tls website and all the extra options are there. hope everything goes through dis time.

Please do not rely on tls to do any thing for you even if you paid for their optional services. the responsibility still lies on your shoulder.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 9:17am On Jul 23, 2018
Lexusgs430:
If anyone ever wondered why our University certificates are usually not accepted(in its present form), feed your eyes.......

Wow! Please can you share the link to the above??

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.