Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1040086 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:51pm On Jul 06, 2018
Deola101:
Here I stand, another graduate of this noble institution! grin grin I can't say thank you enough to everyone who has contributed vital information on this forum. The information is pricelessly invaluable!

I got my passport back today, with the visa!!
67 working days in total. I'm so elated and relieved. Here's my timeline;

*Online application - 31st March 18 (Non-Priority, Settlement - wife)
*Biometrics - 3 April 18
*Transferred to UKVI mail - 3 April 18
*Docs received at Sheffield - 16 April 18
*Being prepared for consideration mail - 23 April 18
*Application not straightforward - 1 July 18 (getting this after 62 working days sent me into panic mode!!)
*Decision made email from TLS - 5 July 18 (Day 66)
*Passport collected with visa - 6 July 18 (Day 67)

The last 3 months have been the longest, marked with obsessive mail/TLS status checking and counting working days. Lol. My advice, if you can, by all means, please do Priority. The wait is harrowing. Praise to God that its over and it turned out positive. I pray everyone waiting receives their good news soon too.

Congratulations......

We would be expecting our tithe & graduation fee...... 49% is levied amount......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 8:04pm On Jul 06, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Deola101:
Here I stand, another graduate of this noble institution! grin grin I can't say thank you enough to everyone who has contributed vital information on this forum. The information is pricelessly invaluable!

I got my passport back today, with the visa!!
67 working days in total. I'm so elated and relieved. Here's my timeline;

*Online application - 31st March 18 (Non-Priority, Settlement - wife)
*Biometrics - 3 April 18
*Transferred to UKVI mail - 3 April 18
*Docs received at Sheffield - 16 April 18
*Being prepared for consideration mail - 23 April 18
*Application not straightforward - 1 July 18 (getting this after 62 working days sent me into panic mode!!)
*Decision made email from TLS - 5 July 18 (Day 66)
*Passport collected with visa - 6 July 18 (Day 67)

The last 3 months have been the longest, marked with obsessive mail/TLS status checking and counting working days. Lol. My advice, if you can, by all means, please do Priority. The wait is harrowing. Praise to God that its over and it turned out positive. I pray everyone waiting receives their good news soon too.

Congratulations. .this is great news..
I did my bio a day after yours 4th april and my documents were received same day as yours..so am expecting my goodnews too any moment from now....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Deola101: 8:08pm On Jul 06, 2018
Thanks Launna. I have absolutely no idea. No mail or call afterwards. Maybe its sometimes a generic mail sent after the expected processing time has passed and its still with them. I'm tempted to think so coz I got the mail on Sunday morning which isn't even a working day. I really dont understand that part myself.

Launna29:

Congratulations,
If i may ask why did they say application not straightforward? Did they call or mail?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Deola101: 8:13pm On Jul 06, 2018
Thanks!!!

Lol, I tell you. Nerve-wracking is the word. The days literally crawled. Just glad it's over. grin

oxygyne:

Congratulations!!! I can imagine but in fairness 67 working days is not bad for non-priority.

I must say priority service is nice (because I did priority) but the wait no matter how short the duration is always going to be nerve-wracking because it more about the thought of possible refusal which will keep you away from your loved ones and ofcos the cost of the application, that weighs on your mind.

So its an opportunity cost scenario, either wait for 3 months or spend extra approx 275k.
If I was guaranteed to get the visa and I had 3 months to wait, I will not pay that extra 275k that I can use on flight ticket..lol

Congrats again
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Deola101: 8:38pm On Jul 06, 2018
Lmao! No wahala. Even if you double it, who am I to object?! grin

Thanks!

Lexusgs430:

Congratulations......

We would be expecting our tithe & graduation fee...... 49% is levied amount......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Deola101: 8:43pm On Jul 06, 2018
Oh really!? You'll receive your good news soon too by God's grace. smiley
Thank you.

Extremebeau:
[color=#006600][/color]

Congratulations. .this is great news..
I did my bio a day after yours 4th april and my documents were received same day as yours..so am expecting my goodnews too any moment from now....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2018
oxygyne:

Like I said earlier, I did not receive any email saying my documents were received either and same for a lot of people here I presumed.

The best way to guarantee peace of mind when delivering to UKBA is to:
1. Use a "trackable & signed for" delivery service. That way you can track the delivery and have a recorded signature of the recipient.

2. Be sure you use the right delivery address, I used:
UK Visas and Immigration, International
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S3 8WA

If you have these two points checked, then you should be fine. All the best.

Do I include the whole online application form with the supporting documents to Sheffield ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 8:33am On Jul 07, 2018
deji2009:

Do I include the whole online application form with the supporting documents to Sheffield ?

Yes you should.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 9:45am On Jul 07, 2018
Launna29:

Yes you should.

Thanks. Also, would I be the one to pay the visa fee in the UK or my wife in Nigeria?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:22am On Jul 07, 2018
deji2009:

Thanks. Also, would I be the one to pay the visa fee in the UK or my wife in Nigeria?

If a man sees a snake and the woman kills it..... The most important thing is the snake is dead.......

Either of you can make payment........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 10:30am On Jul 07, 2018
deji2009:

Like Lexus said either of you can pay. In my own case my husband paid from the UK, it was easier.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 5:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]f
deji2009:

Either one of u can pay..whichever one is easier...in my case my husband paid cos my payment kept bouncing back because of my IP address even though the money was in my UK acct...so i gave my husband my details to make d payment
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Lexusgs430:

If a man sees a snake and the woman kills it..... The most important thing is the snake is dead.......

This made me laugh...really funny way of responding

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 5:05pm On Jul 07, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Lexusgs430:

This made me laugh...really funny way if responding

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by derbylicious: 9:00am On Jul 08, 2018
Do airlines in Nigeria allow EU nationals to board/travel with their Nigerian spouse(without EEA FP)??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 10:28am On Jul 08, 2018
derbylicious:
Do airlines in Nigeria allow EU nationals to board/travel with their Nigerian spouse(without EEA FP)??

For the sake of clarity, do you mean the spouse wants to exit Nigeria by boarding a flight to an EU country without any permit (e.g. relevant visa or EEA FP)?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:50am On Jul 08, 2018
Extremebeau:
[color=#006600][/color]

This made me laugh...really funny way of responding

Both the sponsor and applicant MUST have access to the online application form, so corrections can be agreed together and needful adjustments made.....

When it gets to payment method, they both would have to agree on how best to execute it (if anything at all, it gets them prepared for living in the UK)......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:54am On Jul 08, 2018
derbylicious:

Your question is a bit vague. Do you mean a holder of foreign passport willing to travel from Lagos - Abuja? If that is what you meant, passports are not usually required for local flight.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dremzz: 9:30am On Jul 10, 2018
Hi Everyone, Good morning.
I am yet to receive an email that my documents have been received or my application is being considered by an Eco. I tracked my documents so i know they received it since last week Wednesday.
Is it possible to stay throughout the application process and not receive an emai from ukvi until decision has been made? I paid for priority too.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:05am On Jul 10, 2018
Dremzz:
I am yet to receive an email that my documents have been received or my application is being considered by an Eco. I tracked my documents so i know they received it since last week Wednesday.
Is it possible to stay throughout the application process and not receive an emai from ukvi until decision has been made? I paid for priority too.

You would receive a notification, if not for receipt of documentation. You would receive when a decision is made.....

Stop working yourself up, start counting your calendar days backwards..... 35,34,33,32,31,30....................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2018
Dremzz:

I am yet to receive any notification as well. But they have received my documents. Don’t worry we would be fine.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 10:38am On Jul 10, 2018
Launna29:

I am yet to receive any notification as well. But they have received my documents. Don’t worry we would be fine.

Honestly, I don’t think you guys should worry about that stupid email... just start counting days like Lexus said and hope you don’t go crazy..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by suavelara(f): 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
Good afternoon everyone. Thank you for this informative thread.

Please, I have a question about the six months payslip requirement.

I intend to start and submit my application in August. However my husband may not be able to provide payslips for May and June because he was on unpaid leave.

Do I still present six months payslips from July/June to February/January (If the 12 months gross is above 18,600 GBP) or present six months payslips from April to November last year?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2018
suavelara:

I intend to start and submit my application in August. However my husband may not be able to provide payslips for May and June because he was on unpaid leave.

Do I still present six months payslips from July/June to February/January (If the 12 months gross is above 18,600 GBP) or present six months payslips from April to November last year?

Thanks

Is your husband in full time employment??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dremzz: 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2018
I have started counting backwards as u have suggested cheesy. Thank you
Lexusgs430:

You would receive a notification, if not for receipt of documentation. You would receive when a decision is made.....

Stop working yourself up, start counting your calendar days backwards..... 35,34,33,32,31,30....................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dremzz: 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2018
Praying for good news soon.
Launna29:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
Dremzz:
I have started counting backwards as u have suggested cheesy. Thank you

Beta pickin...... grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2018
suavelara:

Thanks

You must submit 6 months payslip, with huge emphasis on the '28 day rule'....

A recent applicants husband earned above the £18,600 requirement, he omitted one month's payslip.

Guess what happened?

You guessed right....... And a note was included in the rejection letter about the omission. They have had to fully apply again, paying the visa all over again.... Enough said...

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You must submit 6 months payslip, with huge emphasis on the '28 day rule'....

A recent applicants husband earned above the £18,600 requirement, he omitted one month's payslip.

Guess what happened?

You guessed right....... And a note was included in the rejection letter about the omission. They have had to fully apply again, paying the visa all over again.... Enough said...

True Lexusgs430. Please make sure you have complete details without ommissions if possible.

However, the first question to answer will be the financial category your employments falls under because that will determine the number of months required to be submitted.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 8:52am On Jul 11, 2018
suavelara:

Thanks

IMHO, I would advise you start counting your 6 months from July (Month after his unpaid leave). It is better to be safe than sorry. I would advise you to zero your mind to applying this August and just put your mind to January 2019 (while making sure hubby works fully for the 6 months with payslips to and bank statements as proof) i.e no to unpaid leave for the 6 months.
By January 2019, his 6 months would start from July 2018.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benny0001: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2018
So I went ahead and sent my Transcript ,letter Of Attestation from the University, (also explaning that my degree Cert. wasnt ready and Statement of result to UK Naric. Submitted and paid online.Used Hubby's address to recieve it. The assessment came in yesterday.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
It is my turn to shout Halleluyah...Olowogbogboro has turned things around for my good...
Colllected my passport this morning with my Yes inside it...
I discovered this forum after i had submitted my application however i have a friend who applied in 2016 and got his visa so he gave me a download of everything he did and i adhered strictly. the home office didnt call my husband or his office. What kept me sane for this 3mnths was the fact that my mind was busy....am a fashion designer and in this business all u think about is creating designs...3mnths flew by so quick for me.
My Timeline will come up shortly...
Thanks to everyone in this grp for all you do to help people with their application...God bless you real good

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.