Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,481 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039607 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
Thank you @griflo! The status hasn't changed online and I'm not sure if it's worth to visit the VAC for update.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hi girlflo ,m in a similar position and nid advice urgently.all my original documents used for my spouse application to enter the uk has gone missing,dis includes my marriage cert.birth cert and my degree cert.d home office claimed to hv sent it to my sponsor lady year but my sponsor says he only received photocopies back.unfortunately,I do not have a copy of my degree cert.i dnt no ow dis would affect my second application in two yrs time.pls advice
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 11:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=willwin2]See me jumping, 4am have only had 1 hr sleep, so mine is coming soon.

@ willwin, don't worry I didn't even sleep at all sometimes.

I'm sure you would be fine. I hope you would.

Goodluck.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 2:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
O, I tot it was weird, so am not alone.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
@Willwin, please what's your own experience? Also @Damyoyepitan, was your application refused or what? Thank you all!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
damyoyepitan: Hi girlflo ,m in a similar position and nid advice urgently.all my original documents used for my spouse application to enter the uk has gone missing,dis includes my marriage cert.birth cert and my degree cert.d home office claimed to hv sent it to my sponsor lady year but my sponsor says he only received photocopies back.unfortunately,I do not have a copy of my degree cert.i dnt no ow dis would affect my second application in two yrs time.pls advice

I think the only thing u can do at this stage is to ask them to list exactly what they sent back to you last year. Ask if they can check your file and confirm that your certificates are not still included in their records. It's a bit difficult but they should have a record that these original documents were checked and proved valid so it should not have an impact on any future extensions.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 5:46am On Sep 22, 2014
Our spouse visa was refused on relationship and accommodation issues, Sheffield have until end of October to give me a feed back, because I lived with my husband in uk for almost 2 years before returning I only have prove of address in his address, although I have call records since we met in 2011, but for me my contract phone was not in my name, although he started paying for it few months after we met, I can't present that evidence, so I have very few evidence for our relationship which is giving me sleepless night, for the accommodation part he did not include a letter from council which he now included in the appeal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 9:11am On Sep 22, 2014
Thanks girlflo ,will do just dat.@dammylizzy yes it was refused,I appealed and my visa was issued ,hv been in the uk for two months now.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
[quote author=girlfio]

Hello house, I sent my passport via VFS abuja office to Sheffield. I got a call today asking me to post my passport to Sheffield myself.

Is this the normal process? I thought the passport was sent back through VFS?! undecided
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
[quote author=Ikato3540][/quote]

@ Shelair, how did u send your passport to Sheffield for the visa?! I read you sent it via VFS... If I'm not mistaken. Or did u have to post it back to Sheffield yourself?

Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
@ Anyone - How long after court until you know the decision can anyone help with this please. And who will know first the representative, Lawyer or sponsor? Thanks

@ Shelair - Still waiting on that number? Its been about five days now.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
Congratulations Ikato3540, grin so happy 4u, wish US all same Joy soon by God's grace Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
[quote author=Ikato3540][/quote]

The process changed over the last couple of years. You now post your passport yourself to the Sheffield office using a tracked postal service like DHL. Once you get confirmation that it has arrived, you'll also get the name of the person that signed receipt. You don't have to, but we then sent them an email notifying that the passport has been received, giving date of receipt, tracking ref and name of the person that signed for it. Then we asked for confirmation of when and where the passport would be sent back to. The whole process from receipt to posting back took just over a week. Obviously it all depends on how busy they are as well.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Anyone - How long after court until you know the decision can anyone help with this please. And who will know first the representative, Lawyer or sponsor? Thanks

@ Shelair - Still waiting on that number? Its been about five days now.

If you check Shelair's post on Sept 18, looks like they were told in court after they'd put forward their case that they'd won but I don't think this is the same for everyone. I've checked online and it looks like the general guidelines are that you'll be notified in writing approx 2 weeks after the court date.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
girlfio:

The process changed over the last couple of years. You now post your passport yourself to the Sheffield office using a tracked postal service like DHL. Once you get confirmation that it has arrived, you'll also get the name of the person that signed receipt. You don't have to, but we then sent them an email notifying that the passport has been received, giving date of receipt, tracking ref and name of the person that signed for it. Then we asked for confirmation of when and where the passport would be sent back to. The whole process from receipt to posting back took just over a week. Obviously it all depends on how busy they are as well.

@Girlfio, thanks. Would do just that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 7:27am On Sep 23, 2014
girlfio:

If you check Shelair's post on Sept 18, looks like they were told in court after they'd put forward their case that they'd won but I don't think this is the same for everyone. I've checked online and it looks like the general guidelines are that you'll be notified in writing approx 2 weeks after the court date.

@ Hopeforallone, there is also a friend of mine that checks this forum often, he went to court on the 18th of September and he was so lucky, his wife and representative told him that the judge was from Uganda and that the home office representative that came was very gentle, kind and also a lady. With the way their case went in court, the wife knew straight away that they had won the case, however, they will still be waiting on the judge to send them his decision.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:32am On Sep 23, 2014
@ Dunique - why did they go to court in the first place? Are you sticking with your lawyer?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 7:35am On Sep 23, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - why did they go to court in the first place? Are you sticking with your lawyer?

They had to show their relationship is genuine and they had plenty evidence for that, Yes I am sticking to the lawyer since I can't get a better one, or one that is cheaper.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:39am On Sep 23, 2014
@ Dunique - well keep us updated, anything can still happen, look at IKATO case. I will update you on my progress if I hear anything.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
@Hopeforallone 01612610980 SO sorry for the delay been running ard for my passport.my passport was said to ve come in on d 18 but both VAC Abuja n lagos doesnt ve it .pls can someone tell me wat to do it almst 3 wks now since snt it . thy r not replyin my email asin sheffield is the any num for them .really worried
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
@ Shelair- Thanks so much. I want to hear good news soon. Do not fret they have granted your passport nothing to worry about. You have won the battle.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 7:43am On Sep 24, 2014
shelair1: @Hopeforallone 01612610980 SO sorry for the delay been running ard for my passport.my passport was said to ve come in on d 18 but both VAC Abuja n lagos doesnt ve it .pls can someone tell me wat to do it almst 3 wks now since snt it . thy r not replyin my email asin sheffield is the any num for them .really worried

We had a bit of trouble getting emails back when we asked after the whereabouts of the passport. I got a better response when I included the reference stipulated on the email overturning the refusal. I'm not sure if there is a separate ref no. on the letter you received asking for the submission of your passport but it might be worth noting that so that your enquiry goes to the right department. Have u actually been down to the VAC, if you have an email confirming that the passport was sent back on the 18th, they should be able to investigate its whereabouts from their end.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 8:33am On Sep 24, 2014
@Girlfo i ve been to both vac abuja and ikeja nothing. lekki has been shut downn to passport collection.the infomation abt my passport being in nigeria was gotten frm an ecm who works in abuja. sheffield has not informed me i plan to go to the high commision today to see if they can contact sheffield . my flight is for tomorow night. i ll try wat u said i shd do thnks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 8:39am On Sep 24, 2014
sorry IKATO i sent it mysef thru dhl ps dnt let them cheap u at dhl. they exaggerate prices these days she b ABT 6k somthing plus 2k insurance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
dammylizzy: Thank you @griflo! The status hasn't changed online and I'm not sure if it's worth to visit the VAC for update.
Praise God! I picked up my packet today and got my spouse visa! Thank you everyone for information shared on this forum. The waiting is over for me and shall be over for every other person waiting soon by God's grace. Amen.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bassy10113: 5:42am On Sep 27, 2014
dammylizzy:
Praise God! I picked up my packet today and got my spouse visa! Thank you everyone for information shared on this forum. The waiting is over for me and shall be over for every other person waiting soon by God's grace. Amen.

Congrats dammylizzy...did ur status changed or u just went to Vac to check?....how many weeks in total.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 6:52am On Sep 27, 2014
bassy10113:

Congrats dammylizzy...did ur status changed or u just went to Vac to check?....how many weeks in total.

@bassy10113 thank you! I actually didn't check but got a text and email from VFS that the application was ready for collection.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 6:57am On Sep 27, 2014
bassy10113:

Sorry, I forgot to give the timeline.

Application submitted on 14/04/14
Documents received in Sheffield on 16/04/14
Received package on 26/11/14
Visa issued on 27/08/14.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 27, 2014
Congratulations wish you a happy trip back to your family..you can change the Received package date...Thanks

dammylizzy:

Sorry, I forgot to give the timeline.

Application submitted on 14/04/14
Documents received in Sheffield on 16/04/14
Received package on 26/11/14
Visa issued on 27/08/14.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 8:25am On Sep 27, 2014
Bolssos: Congratulations wish you a happy trip back to your family..you can change the Received package date...Thanks

Oh thank you, package received on 26/09/14.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 8:42am On Sep 28, 2014
dammylizzy:

Woohooo!!! Congratulations, this is great news. Praise God! The same way God made it possible for you, He will extend to those still waiting. No matter what it looks like, it will work out in the end by His Grace! Happy Days! smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 6:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
shelair1: sorry IKATO i sent it mysef thru dhl ps dnt let them cheap u at dhl. they exaggerate prices these days she b ABT 6k somthing plus 2k insurance

@Shelair, have you now received your passport back from Sheffiled?

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.