Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038007 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
@ Dunique - My lawyer is going to represent us. My mother and I will be present in court. He said he has won cases like ours before.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - My lawyer is going to represent us. My mother and I will be present in court. He said he has won cases like ours before.

So he is not hiring another professional?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

Yes I also think that they are the ones who will send the appeal documents to the judge, what I don't know is if we need to send our own evidences also to the judge if there will be anything new anyway which I doubt so. The home office may claim not to have seen the full documents submitted for the appeal, the things they claim was missing initially, so I think we will need to still go to the court with copies of those things in case they deny seeing them. But do I need to inform the court that my partner will be representing us and not an immigration lawyer? the problem with my case is that my wife is the quiet type and she said she wants a professional to go with her cause she won't want to take any chances.

You will have to notify the Tribunal office of a change in representation. I believe that there are documents sent to the rep for the court case that you will need forwarded to your spouse instead. I think your representative detailed on the appeal form was sent a copy of the bundle sent to the judge. If you can get a copy of that forwarded to you it will help with preparation. You can also ask them at the same time if there is an opportunity to submit additional documents or if they can be presented in court on the day. I'm not sure if there is anyone in this forum that has represented themselves in court maybe thre is someone out there that can provide you with some pointers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
@ Dunique - It's just one person doing the paperwork and another representing in court.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:38am On Sep 10, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - It's just one person doing the paperwork and another representing in court.
ok
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 8:41am On Sep 10, 2014
@Dunique and Girlflo
we didnt use a lawyer andd we didnt regret it . like Girlflo said it is not as criminal court it calm. just u d judge and a rep from ukba. all u need to do is to verbally explain the documents which most of the time they dnt ve time to look thru and its in a room not a hall.they ask u for ur documents u provide, if there is any confusin part they ask u to explain. All u need right now is God
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 9:03am On Sep 10, 2014
shelair1: @Dunique and Girlflo
we didnt use a lawyer andd we didnt regret it . like Girlflo said it is not as criminal court it calm. just u d judge and a rep from ukba. all u need to do is to verbally explain the documents which most of the time they dnt ve time to look thru and its in a room not a hall.they ask u for ur documents u provide, if there is any confusin part they ask u to explain. All u need right now is God

Already they have given up on one of their reasons for refusal, but they are still holding one against us, which is the financial requirement, we meet the requirement and we added all the necessary document in the appeal because they claim it was missing in the initial application. Two of my partners payslips and her employment letters, then also there is something called SA300/SA302, which is the statement of account with the HMRC for someone relying on self employment. My partner is the shy type and she doesn't want to do it alone, if it was a situation whereby I can be there, then I will do it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 9:32am On Sep 10, 2014
@ Hopeforallone, sorry I missed something. Can you please tell me what are the things left for you to proof, what are they holding against you? Is it the relationship credibility or financial requirements? Plus I will also like to know how much the lawyer who is representing you charged you for your case which he/she said is familiar.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
@ Dunique - Paragraph 320 11 and credibility. £700
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by martinssheun: 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

You can inform them about the change of address, no need to tell them about change in other circumstances, but if there are any changes in contact information then you should let them know. Still keep on checking at the old address cause they may still make mistakes sending your paperwork there. Wish you all the best!

Got my passport back yesterday with the visa, thank you all..

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
martinssheun:

Got my passport back yesterday with the visa, thank you all..

Great news! So very happy for you guys. Safe flight. smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hello guys, just wanted to inform y'all that after waiting 4 and half months my settlement visa is finally out, thanks for all the useful information i got on here. Goodluck to others

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
Proudlygemini: Hello guys, just wanted to inform y'all that after waiting 4 and half months my settlement visa is finally out, thanks for all the useful information i got on here. Goodluck to others

You are lucky no refusal at all. Your game is tight!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - Paragraph 320 11 and credibility. £700

I don't know what paragraph 320 11 is, all the same, can I ask if I can hire the lawyer you are using for my case, since he is representing you for that amount, and is it ok to brief him that we relied on employment and also self employment, and the things they claim not to have seen have been provided in the appeal but they still want to go court. The things are employment letters, 2 missing payslips and SA300/SA302 which is the self employment statement of account with HMRC that shows the paid and unpaid calculated taxes.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
@ Your wife will need to travel.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
@ Is your wife going to help with the financial?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bassy10113: 11:28am On Sep 12, 2014
Proudlygemini: Hello guys, just wanted to inform y'all that after waiting 4 and half months my settlement visa is finally out, thanks for all the useful information i got on here. Goodluck to others
Please....am a lawyer...I applied for settlement visa in july...haven't heard anything since then...does it take this long....also I used my university certificate. and my law school certificate as an evidence for english language....hope it is sufficient.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bassy10113: 11:29am On Sep 12, 2014
girlfio:

Great news! So very happy for you guys. Safe flight. smiley
Please....am a lawyer...I applied for settlement visa in july...haven't heard anything since then...does it take this long....also I used my university certificate. and my law school certificate as an evidence for english language....hope it is sufficient.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
bassy10113: Please....am a lawyer...I applied for settlement visa in july...haven't heard anything since then...does it take this long....also I used my university certificate. and my law school certificate as an evidence for english language....hope it is sufficient.

Applications can take up to about 5 months to process for Spouse applications. Summer months are normally a busy period. If you haven't heard anything by the end of Oct, it might be worth sending an email to the Sheffield office for an update. Certificate from law school should be ok. As long as its from a recognised institution.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Your wife will need to travel.

How far does she need to travel? she lives around Dagenham Essex and yes we both going to pay for the expenses
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
@ Dunique - Give me your number and I will ring you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:09am On Sep 13, 2014
@ Dunique - it's not in London, not for that price.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 9:19am On Sep 13, 2014
@ Dunique - where is your court being held?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 3:32am On Sep 14, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - Give me your number and I will ring you

Hello @ Hopeforallone, how are you doing? I was hoping you could drop your email for me on here or maybe you can just message me on mine then I will reply with my number. blackmoney2naira@yahoo.co.uk
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 6:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
PLs does anyone know where d passport is returned to after visa is issued after appeal. most people in this forum said they colleted from lekki. I hope if you send your passport from abuja will it b returned to abuja
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
@ Shelair - Have they asked for your passport yet?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 10:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
yes they have
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 9:47am On Sep 16, 2014
@ Shelair - That's great news really quick. I hope they will be as quick with us as well.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Cem07: 9:56am On Sep 16, 2014
Hi,

Please can anyone tell me how long it takes for an appeal to be decided whether by the ECM, proposal court date, determination period if a refuse was made this month ? I was refuse only on genuine relationship grounds. I'm lodging my appeal forward this week with more evidence to proof the relationship is genuine. Still within the. 28days period. Thanx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 10:15am On Sep 16, 2014
When they have taken payment from your bank account it can take maximum of 19 weeks. Make sure you provided loads of evidence for the relationship.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 10:18am On Sep 16, 2014
To avoid going to court
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 11:27am On Sep 16, 2014
shelair1: PLs does anyone know where d passport is returned to after visa is issued after appeal. most people in this forum said they colleted from lekki. I hope if you send your passport from abuja will it b returned to abuja

I would expect that it would be sent to the VAC in the state from which the application was made. It might be an idea just to drop Sheffield a quick email to confirm where your passport will be sent for pick up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.