Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038886 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:03am On Nov 13, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

As for my friend, they have requested for his passport now, so he will send it tomorrow. May good news continue to be ours. Amen!

That is great news!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by midmenconsult: 10:02am On Nov 13, 2014
Lexusgs430:

I would firstly like to say you guys have been very helpful with providing needed information to all so a very big well done. I need some clarification regarding my issue from anyone that can help. I will be applying for a UK spouse visa from Nigeria in 2 weeks time(still in the UK intending to leave for Naija in a few days). I understand Teleperformance have taken over from VFS and now handle UK visa applications. My question is regarding Supporting documents i.e Photocopy of all documents which will be submitted from the UK to Sheffield, and the issue of my English Language test. Do I need to bring these documents I.e proof of English and photocopy of all original documents (being submitted in the UK) to my interview at teleperformance?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2014
midmenconsult:
I would firstly like to say you guys have been very helpful with providing needed information to all so a very big well done. I need some clarification regarding my issue from anyone that can help. I will be applying for a UK spouse visa from Nigeria in 2 weeks time(still in the UK intending to leave for Naija in a few days). I understand Teleperformance have taken over from VFS and now handle UK visa applications. My question is regarding Supporting documents i.e Photocopy of all documents which will be submitted from the UK to Sheffield, and the issue of my English Language test. Do I need to bring these documents I.e proof of English and photocopy of all original documents (being submitted in the UK) to my interview at teleperformance?

Are you the UK resident or your partner?
NB: Sorry, your request was to convoluted and I could not make out sponsor.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by midmenconsult: 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Are you the UK resident or your partner?
NB: Sorry, your request was to convoluted and I could not make out sponsor.

Appreciate your response and pardon the ambiguity. My wife is the sponsor and I am the applicant. I have a solicitor here in the UK but she's not sure of the current processes at the VAC since she claims everything changes overnight without any prior warning. I have no problems getting all the copies of our supporting evidence and take them down to naija with me but my questions are
- Do i need to provide copies of all supporting evidence sent to sheffield at the VAC?
- Do I need to bring my English test certificate with me to Nigeria or does it get sent along with other supporting evidence to Sheffield from the UK?
- Is the original marriage certificate sent to sheffield along with other supporting evieence or is that required at the VAC in Nigeria.
I hope I come across as clear enough. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by midmenconsult: 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
midmenconsult:

Appreciate your response and pardon the ambiguity. My wife is the sponsor and I am the applicant. I have a solicitor here in the UK but she's not sure of the current processes at the VAC since she claims everything changes overnight without any prior warning. I have no problems getting all the copies of our supporting evidence and take them down to naija with me but my questions are
- Do i need to provide copies of all supporting evidence sent to sheffield at the VAC?
- Do I need to bring my English test certificate with me to Nigeria or does it get sent along with other supporting evidence to Sheffield from the UK?
- Is the original marriage certificate sent to sheffield along with other supporting evieence or is that required at the VAC in Nigeria.

I will appreciate any information please!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
midmenconsult:

Thanks for clarification. I assume you are presently in the UK and hoping to file your application in Lagos.
Your Wife submits all supporting documents to Sheffield.
While you submit your form, tb cert, English cert in Lagos.
A debate and clarifications were made on a previous request on this thread.
Kindly read about 4 pages back or so (page 87.....)

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by midmenconsult: 6:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
You're far too kind. Yes I will be submitting at the Lagos VAC. I really appreciate your kind response Lexusgs430. I will share my story as it unravels
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
midmenconsult:
You're far too kind. Yes I will be submitting at the Lagos VAC. I really appreciate your kind response Lexusgs430. I will share my story as it unravels

Thanks. Your feedback would help future applications.
NB: Make sure all required supporting documents are in the package and are in date.The burden of proof, lays more @ your wife's door.
Goodluck..............................

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yehmi01(m): 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2014
Hello. Please I need help on what to do.

I applied for a UK visa for family trip, we were meant to travel last Sunday because we had to be at my sisterinlaws graduation for 20th November.

We applied at Ikeja teleperformance and was directed to go to the embassy in Victoria Island To get our passport.

On getting dir they said my passport and that of my wife was ready but they did not give us that of our four months old baby saying they were working on some things and will let us know when to come pick it up.

Its been two full weeks plus now since we applied and till now we still don't have my sons passport. And we have not gotten any word from the embassy up till now why they have not released the passport.

Please what can I do.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
yehmi01:
Hello. Please I need help on what to do.

I applied for a UK visa for family trip, we were meant to travel last Sunday because we had to be at my sisterinlaws graduation for 20th November.

We applied at Ikeja teleperformance and was directed to go to the embassy in Victoria Island To get our passport.

On getting dir they said my passport and that of my wife was ready but they did not give us that of our four months old baby saying they were working on some things and will let us know when to come pick it up.

Its been two full weeks plus now since we applied and till now we still don't have my sons passport. And we have not gotten any word from the embassy up till now why they have not released the passport.

Please what can I do.

I'd advise that you just turn up at the embassy and ask that someone give you an update on what is going on with your child's passport. You gave the date of the graduation on the application, surely they will see that if you don't travel soon you'll miss the reason for your travel. This should prompt them to look in to your case more urgently.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by FemiOn(m): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
It is well, visa application In Nigeria is not easy.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 24, 2014
Please house i need your advice...I just applied for uk spouse visa this Oct which my wife is the sponsor but after my application my wife applied for some benefit which included child tax, child benefit and the council house which they just gave her because she claim she not receiving any funds from me..my question is will this benefit won't affect my application while I await there decisions! ...Please need your advice
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 10:26am On Nov 24, 2014
Bolssos:
Please house i need your advice...I just applied for uk spouse visa this Oct which my wife is the sponsor but after my application my wife applied for some benefit which included child tax, child benefit and the council house which they just gave her because she claim she not receiving any funds from me..my question is will this benefit won't affect my application while I await there decisions! ...Please need your advice

May I ask if your wife is earning over 18600 & if she is, hope she is not not planning on reducing the working hours, I know child tax credit won't affect your application but the house she has just gotten from the council must not be paid for by the council, I hope she intends paying herself
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 24, 2014
She told me the council will pay for her first month rent and deposit while she pays for the rest of the month...she not earning up to 18600 but for our application we added her saving to meet up the financial requirement..she on child leave now till Nov next year...

May I ask if your wife is earning over 18600 & if she is, hope she is not not planning on reducing the working hours, I know child tax credit won't affect your application but the house she has just gotten from the council must not be paid for by the council, I hope she intends paying herself[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
Bolssos:
She told me the council will pay for her first month rent and deposit while she pays for the rest of the month...she not earning up to 18600 but for our application we added her saving to meet up the financial requirement..she on child leave now till Nov

The main problem here is that the application for Government support could suggest that you do not have access to the savings stipulated in your application. The financial declarations were made so as to determine that you will be in a position to support yourselves without access to public funds. Now, you can just leave it as is and hope that they don't find out about the change in circumstances. Or you can send them details of the change in address, reasons for the move, confirmation that you are also authorised to stay at the council flat and also further proof that the savings declared will continue to support your family in accordance with the set threshold.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
Thanks for the advice...I will just pray they don't notice the change in location in regards to the application...All I can do is pray now

girlfio:

The main problem here is that the application for Government support could suggest that you do not have access to the savings stipulated in your application. The financial declarations were made so as to determine that you will be in a position to support yourselves without access to public funds. Now, you can just leave it as is and hope that they don't find out about the change in circumstances. Or you can send them details of the change in address, reasons for the move, confirmation that you are also authorised to stay at the council flat and also further proof that the savings declared will continue to support your family in accordance with the set threshold.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
Bolssos:
Thanks for the advice...I will just pray they don't notice the change in location in regards to the application...All I can do is pray now

Yes pray and God will do it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by worry359(m): 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

Yes pray and God will do it.

Unless the UKBA computer picks it up and gives you ten year ban for false declaration.

Better to be honest!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
Bolssos:
She told me the council will pay for her first month rent and deposit while she pays for the rest of the month...she not earning up to 18600 but for our application we added her saving to meet up the financial requirement..she on child leave now till Nov next year...

That will be a problem.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2014
Bolssos:

@ Bolssos, how much savings are we talking about please?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
Well she has dropped the offer because the solicitor has asked her too..Thanks Guys you know sometimes woman will always be woman!!...

DUNIQUE1:

@ Bolssos, how much savings are we talking about please?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
Bolssos:
Well she has dropped the offer because the solicitor has asked her too..Thanks Guys you know sometimes woman will always be woman!!...

Better that way, it is well with your family.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 7:05am On Nov 27, 2014
Hello, I need a lawyer, a very cheap one, pls can anyone give contact for any.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by worry359(m): 8:04am On Nov 27, 2014
willwin2:

On 30th October you told people that the don't need a lawyer! shocked
Travel / Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 12:38pm On Oct 30
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 8:27am On Nov 27, 2014
Well thought of using one now, what is the problem angry

On 30th October you told people that the don't need a lawyer! shocked
Travel / Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 12:38pm On Oct 30[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2014
willwin2:

If you are going to go down the lawyer route then the best thing to do is go for someone that has been recommended to you by a close family member or friend. If you don't have an infinite amount of funds it's best to go with a lawyer that can be trusted and has a proven track record.

If you don't find a lawyer, it's still ok, all you have to focus on is evidence, evidence, evidence. It's about proving your relationship and then proving that you have authorisation to stay at the address provided and that it's suitable for you to stay in. The judge won't expect you to have criminal knowledge law, all they are looking for is confirmation that you meet the visa requirements.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 11:50am On Nov 27, 2014
If you are going to go down the lawyer route then the best thing to do is go for someone that has been recommended to you by a close family member or friend. If you don't have an infinite amount of funds it's best to go with a lawyer that can be trusted and has a proven track record.

[I know but am a little worried, I can't get my hands on any picture of us together before the wedding, just didn't know we need them, we now have a few after the wedding, when he visited me, so just don't know how else to prove relationship with the before pictures.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
willwin2:

[I know but am a little worried, I can't get my hands on any picture of us together before the wedding, just didn't know we need them, we now have a few after the wedding, when he visited me, so just don't know how else to prove relationship with the before pictures.

Do you have any emails or phone records that you can include prior to your wedding. Any cards you exchanged for Birthdays etc. also if you can arrange for a close family member or friend to write a statement and vouch for your relationship that can help. Not sure if this applies to you but if you had to do church counselling before the wedding, you can ask for the pastor to write something in support of your relationship. Basically if you have limited evidence try and get as many statements as you can from trusted sources that will support and have been in support of your relationship before and on your wedding day. You can also individually write a statement about how you met, how your relationship developed, how did you decide to get married, make it personal. At the end of the day as long as you are in a legitimate relationship, the truth will become apparent to any judge.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 8:04pm On Nov 27, 2014
girlfio:
honestly I don't keep cards but we have given each other cards, after a while I throw it away, yes a lot of our friends can vouch for our relationship, we gave text messages before the wedding, and we wrote the letters already, I just hope we get pass this soon.

Do you have any emails or phone records that you can include prior to your wedding. Any cards you exchanged for Birthdays etc. also if you can arrange for a close family member or friend to write a statement and vouch for your relationship that can help. Not sure if this applies to you but if you had to do church counselling before the wedding, you can ask for the pastor to write something in support of your relationship. Basically if you have limited evidence try and get as many statements as you can from trusted sources that will support and have been in support of your relationship before and on your wedding day. You can also individually write a statement about how you met, how your relationship developed, how did you decide to get married, make it personal. At the end of the day as long as you are in a legitimate relationship, the truth will become apparent to any judge.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 28, 2014
29,000pounds

Bolssos:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jahdr: 1:45am On Nov 28, 2014
Waitingonyou:
Jst curious guys, the ukvi reason for not offering priority service for settlement visa in Nija. Anyone?
Has anyone recieved their visa for October applicant. The waiting is driving me insane.

hey sorry asking, but did ur husband had an interview as well? they called my wife to go to an interview on wednesday about my application, i applied from the caribbean, but my documents went straight to sheffield. it was 2 weeks since that and today she had her call. can u please let me know please? not sure if is bad or good news mmmh..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Waitingonyou: 4:37am On Nov 28, 2014
jahdr:

No, my hubby wasn't interviewed at all. Just me here in london. It was basically confirming my details and my hubby's on the application form. I didn't get any tricky question at all. Thank God for that. We haven't heard from them ever since October. Still waiting.we don't know d outcome yet.i don't think u should worry at least they called her to clarify things instead of straight refusal for some people who then have to start the appealing process or reapplying.also, they told me it was standard procedure wen I questioned y I was called for interview. Jst chill, it will all work out God's willing.

hey sorry asking, but did ur husband had an interview as well? they called my wife to go to an interview on wednesday about my application, i applied from the caribbean, but my documents went straight to sheffield. it was 2 weeks since that and today she had her call. can u please let me know please? not sure if is bad or good news mmmh..

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.