Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037503 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 7:50am On Nov 01, 2014
justwise:

What I asked for is where the new rule is published, I have tried to search around but failed to see where it stated that husband and wife should send their documents separately.
The arguments is not whether the application is processed in Sheffield or not, that we all know, somebody show me where the new rule is published.

I submitted mine February, and vfs would not take any document just the form, passport and some things I can't remember, even the applicant's documents go to Sheffield.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:04am On Nov 01, 2014
willwin2:

I submitted mine February, and vfs would not take any document just the form, passport and some things I can't remember, even the applicant's documents go to Sheffield.

Yes I know that application is sent to Sheffield, that is out of the picture, but my question is this..were you asked to submit your documents separately?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whales1212: 8:43am On Nov 01, 2014
justwise:

Yes I know that application is sent to Sheffield, that is out of the picture, but my question is this..were you asked to submit your documents separately?

Honestly, I don't understand what you mean by "submit documents separately" may be you should be clearer. Sponsor submits documents from UK or the applicant sends it to Sheffield, what's separately in that?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:58am On Nov 01, 2014
Lexusgs430:

If you are applying for settlement, you would have to submit your supporting documents in the UK, while your spouse submits hers in Lagos (assuming she is based in Lagos).
Hope you have performed your registry wedding and have all supporting documents?
The burden of proof and weight of documentation, rests more on your shoulders.
NB: Sending documentation through either DHL or Royal, would not be a cheap. Budget between £60 - £80, alternatively look for someone travelling over, and ask if a favour could be granted.

Whales1212:

Honestly, I don't understand what you mean by "submit documents separately" may be you should be clearer. Sponsor submits documents from UK or the applicant sends it to Sheffield, what's separately in that?

The genesis of this argument is the section in bold.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whales1212: 9:14am On Nov 01, 2014
justwise:

[/b]

The genesis of this argument is the section in bold.

I don't know what the person meant,but it will suggest he/she meant passport, application forms & tb certificate.I don't think she meant documents like test of English, or prove of communication and stuffs like that,if that's what he or she meant, that will be wrong. But it's not really something to argue about, they won't collect it at the VAC and tell the person what to do. Except if those at VAC don't know what they're doing as well
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:46am On Nov 01, 2014
Whales1212:

Probably, a brief explanation to how settlement application was done in the past, would shed the light better for you.
In the past all documents gets submitted together(both applicants) (Lagos).
Now, UK residents submits in Sheffield(supporting documents), while Nigerian resident submits in Lagos (assuming they are applying from Lagos).
Do you classify this separately?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whales1212: 11:30am On Nov 01, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Probably, a brief explanation to how settlement application was done in the past, would shed the light better for you.
In the past all documents gets submitted together(both applicants) (Lagos).
Now, UK residents submits in Sheffield(supporting documents), while Nigerian resident submits in Lagos (assuming they are applying from Lagos).
Do you classify this separately?

So what documents are you claiming would be submitted by applicant from Lagos,of course I knew how it was done before and I know how it's done now,there's nothing separate about submitting supporting documents, the applicant will submit passport, forms& tb certificate at vac,nothing else and then post other documents, it's not like she will post hers and sponsor will post separately and she can't submit supporting documents in Naija. Let's be careful not to confuse new applicants after getting ours sorted.
I could remember asking vac specifically about this via email and that was how I did it to get the visa in September. No separate submission of supporting documents, how they get it together is an issue for both applicant & sponsor to decide. In our case,my girlfriend sent her documents, like her certificate, letters,pictures and few bits to me in UK and I posted it. Others can choose to do it the other way by posting to Nigeria but since it's going to be dealt with in Sheffield, I think it's less stressful to post from UK.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:35am On Nov 01, 2014
Whales1212:

So what documents are you claiming would be submitted by applicant from Lagos,of course I knew how it was done before and I know how it's done now,there's nothing separate about submitting supporting documents, the applicant will submit passport, forms& tb certificate at vac,nothing else and then post other documents, it's not like she will post hers and sponsor will post separately and she can't submit supporting documents in Naija. Let's be careful not to confuse new applicants after getting ours sorted.
I could remember asking vac specifically about this via email and that was how I did it to get the visa in September. No separate submission of supporting documents, how they get it together is an issue for both applicant & sponsor to decide.

If you read my response from the beginning, you will understand the genesis of this confusion and clarification.
NB : where did I state, Nigerian resident submits supporting documents in Lagos?
Read all responses, before you comment. Don't just pick and choose.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whales1212: 11:42am On Nov 01, 2014
Lexusgs430:

If you read my response from the beginning, you will understand the genesis of this confusion and clarification.
NB : where did I state, Nigerian resident submits supporting documents in Lagos?
Sorry,no point going on about this.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrsAdebiyi: 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Why all this confusion . ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS inc photocopies of Vfs application form and nig pass (not original) are submitted in Sheffield . vfs ikeja will only accept tb test application form and passport at least as of August ... This applies if it is for settlement visa and d sponsor lives in UK. Mr @justwise it is not a change in law it is change in procedure, this was partly the reason for closing down the leKki office @lexusgs430 I rest my case re price of sending from naija as long as it is not virgin galactica . Shikena ! I don talk enough onto the next thing

But guys lets try not to confuse new applicants can someone cc @girlfio who is neutral summarise the process and lets get over this matter
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
Whales1212:

I could remember asking vac specifically about this via email and that was how I did it to get the visa in September. No separate submission of supporting documents, how they get it together is an issue for both applicant & sponsor to decide. In our case,my girlfriend sent her documents, like her certificate, letters,pictures and few bits to me in UK and I posted it. Others can choose to do it the other way by posting to Nigeria but since it's going to be dealt with in Sheffield, I think it's less stressful to post from UK.

That was exactly my point, it does not make any sense that the sponsor and the applicant will submit their documents separately, so how will they put them together when they all get to Sheffield?

Its important that we keep info here simple and accurate so as to help those reading.

I did not start this to argue with anybody but to get clarification when an unusual claim it made.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Oga Justwise not to disagree with you, but on your highlighted point, I would !!!!
UKBA laws has changed for settlement visas, remember his spouse is not applying for visiting visa (if it was visiting visa, yes).
The UK resident submits all their supporting documents to Sheffield, while the other half submits their application form, passport and other lighter documents in Lagos.

MrsAdebiyi:

Why all this confusion . ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS inc photocopies of Vfs application form and nig pass (not original) are submitted in Sheffield . vfs ikeja will only accept tb test application form and passport at least as of August ... This applies if it is for settlement visa and d sponsor lives in UK. Mr @justwise it is not a change in law it is change in procedure, this was partly the reason for closing down the leKki office @lexusgs430 I rest my case re price of sending from naija as long as it is not virgin galactica . Shikena ! I don talk enough onto the next thing
But guys lets try not to confuse new applicants can someone cc @girlfio who is neutral summarise the process and lets get over this matter

Only wanted to know when the law changed and where it is published.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
justwise:

No, I sent mine to my husband and he sent everything to Sheffield.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
willwin2:

No, I sent mine to my husband and he sent everything to Sheffield.

Ok thanks for clarifying that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Waitingonyou: 10:45am On Nov 02, 2014
Hi guys, happy new month. Was wondering if anyone did apply for uk spousal settlement visa in October and has had der visa approved .We applied 9th October and was invited for an interview by ukvi in london as a sponsor. Basically confirming all my hubby completed in the form. Was nerve wrecking for us but God saw me through. The ECO officer told me it was standard procedure when I asked him why I was called for interview. And reassured me nothin to worry about.Still waiting ... My question is does d interview speed up the process or not?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:07am On Nov 02, 2014
Waitingonyou:
Hi guys, happy new month. Was wondering if anyone did apply for uk spousal settlement visa in October and has had der visa approved .We applied 9th October and was invited for an interview by ukvi in london as a sponsor. Basically confirming all my hubby completed in the form. Was nerve wrecking for us but God saw me through. The ECO officer told me it was standard procedure when I asked him why I was called for interview. And reassured me nothin to worry about.Still waiting ... My question is does d interview speed up the process or not?

In a way it does but it does not mean that you will be refused or given a visa, calling applicants for an interview is nothing new at all. You should be happy that you were given the opportunity to explain things rather than them refusing you and it goes to appeal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Waitingonyou: 11:46am On Nov 02, 2014
@ just wise .Thanks for your reply but Am actually the sponsor not the applicant. I got a telephone call in london last Sunday and for interview on Wednesday,asking me to attend interview as the sponsor. I know some applicant r called for interview sometimes but not the sponsor. That's fine. I pray it's a positive outcome.Finger crossed. We'll hear from them soon by God's grace. Hoping to have my hubby for Xmas.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
Waitingonyou:
@ just wise .Thanks for your reply but Am actually the sponsor not the applicant. I got a telephone call in london last Sunday and for interview on Wednesday,asking me to attend interview as the sponsor. I know some applicant r called for interview sometimes but not the sponsor. That's fine. I pray it's a positive outcome.Finger crossed. We'll hear from them soon by God's grace. Hoping to have my hubby for Xmas.

Since the visa is processed in the UK and you live here you are in a better position to be called for an interview and you have a bigger role to play in the whole thing as a sponsor because most of the requirements are coming from you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Waitingonyou: 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2014
@ just wise. Here is part of letter from ukvi,I received that made wondered whether our application is been looked into at the moment.

We are currently considering this application and would like you to attend an interview as the named sponsor. As discussed and agreed on the telephone today I can confirm your interview is as follows:
Cud this be a standard letter or r d really considering it?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
Waitingonyou:
@ just wise. Here is part of letter from ukvi,I received that made wondered whether our application is been looked into at the moment.

We are currently considering this application and would like you to attend an interview as the named sponsor. As discussed and agreed on the telephone today I can confirm your interview is as follows:
Cud this be a standard letter or r d really considering it?

Its standard and also a good thing like i said before, you are given an opportunity to clear things up.... It means that your application is at the final stage of processing.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Waitingonyou: 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
@ jstwise, thanks for taking out time to respond to my msg. Will update the forum of any responses from ukvi soon as I hear from them. Gudluck to everyone waiting .... Hope we all get a Gud tiding for Xmas.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 2:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
Waitingonyou:
@ jstwise, thanks for taking out time to respond to my msg. Will update the forum of any responses from ukvi soon as I hear from them. Gudluck to everyone waiting .... Hope we all get a Gud tiding for Xmas.

All the very best of luck.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by LuckyViv: 1:27am On Nov 03, 2014
justwise:

What I asked for is where the new rule is published, I have tried to search around but failed to see where it stated that husband and wife should send their documents separately.
The arguments is not whether the application is processed in Sheffield or not, that we all know, somebody show me where the new rule is published.

THE LAW HASN'T CHANGED MUCH TO BE HONEST AND THEY DO NOT ASK COUPLES TO SEND THE DOCUMENTS SEPARATELY! MY WIFE SUBMITTED HER VISA APPLICATION AT VAC AND THEY ONLY ASKED HER TO SEND THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO THE UK (SHEFFIELD) .
ANYONE WHO WROTE THAT THEY WANT COUPLES TO SEND DOCUMENTS SEPARATELY DON'T HAVE A SINGLE CLUE..
THIS IS ONLY DONE BECAUSE THE UK VISA SECTION WANT TO VERIFY THE DOCUMENTS AND THIS IS DUE TO THE FACTS MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE WHO APPLIES FOR VISA USES FAKE INCOMES, NAMES, AND TAX ETC.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IrryJones(m): 2:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
girlfio:

Yes, you can still use DHL with the PO box address, we did for my husband's passport and it arrived safely.

Thanks for the info.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IrryJones(m): 2:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
MrsAdebiyi:

@justwise Abeg take am easy ! I know the success of this thread has been due to ur efforts and careful moderation . I was joking abt u deleting my post ! I was just teasing u ! Abeg! No bad belle here ! For all I know ur expertise is respected on this thread... You have been helpful but it's also good for newbies to hear from recent applicants ... By the way I don't know osewa I had to google his name . Dunno if u r paid for the moderation and even if u r relax and take a joke all this seriousness makes the process look daunting for newbies to the spousal visa application process I can't even remember what I posted . @lexusgs430 thanks for d support jare! You are right that things have changed. UK home office are trying to justify the ridiculous application cost .. So we need to give the them work to do and they have SLA for turnaround times as well.. Check their website the stats are there to verify and u can even see the data spreadsheet . Don't blame me.. I did my research to that extent ... All documents are now accepted by Sheffield home office . Vfs will only accept the original tb certificate and the Vfs application form and of coz ur passport .thanks @whales1212. I also questioned the people that r using £60-£80 to send the supporting docs to Sheffield . I wondered if they r using Amazon drone or personal jet. U can send it with Royal Mail guaranteed to be delivered by 1pm and u can track ur parcel in realtime up until it is received ... So up to u . Lastly don't forget the SAE FOR THE DOCUMENTS to be returned once the valuation is complete . I tire how may times I go post this thing!!! @justwise I reserve unreservedly if what i typed earlier offended you.. It was a tongue in cheek comment .. @IrryJones so u have received more advice than anyone so if ur case no get k leg it should be plain sailing and don't forget to come bk and share ur experience and give advice! And if ur case has bow leg am sure this thread and its army of counsellors are well equipped to straighten it !! All the best

I will surely give a detailed feedback with regards to the application process
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
Thanks for the write up...I will be applying this coming week but our solicitor never ask for for me to submit any of my certificate because I took the ielt exam and passed, my wife is the one applying! just want to know if is still necessary I submit mine certificate but am.not working for now...?

IrryJones:

Many thanks for your prompt and detailed explanation.
I will keep you posted in due course.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
Please can anyone help me with Sheffield address in uk where all supporting documents will be sent too and also where to drop my passport and tb with the application form in nigeria? Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hi bolsos, I read ur timeline. I lived in the UK and I am planning to summit my application but i heard a different news as where to summit it. I lived in uk and I am planning.

bassy10113:
Hello house....got my spouse visa today...

My Timeline

Application submitted online on 26th of June 2014

Biometrics at Vfs oregun on 2 july 2014

Supporting document sent on 6th of july 2014

Supporting document received at sheffield on 7th july 2014

Supporting document received back from sheffield on 30th September 2014

Passport received on 17th october 2014

Visa issued since 11th september.

Thanks house for the comment....all the best to those waiting.

Plz will there ask for my TB test result at my point of entry....cux sheffield sent it along with the document they sent to my spouse....will he need to mail it to me....thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
Thanks can you please email me sheffield address where the supporting documents will be sent also my wife is the one supporting me and is it allowed if she send the supporting documents from uk rather then me been the one posting the supporting document?

Benuromi:
Hi bolsos, I read ur timeline. I lived in the UK and I am planning to summit my application but i heard a different news as where to summit it. I lived in uk and I am planning.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Waitingonyou: 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
IrryJones:

I will surely give a detailed feedback with regards to the application process

Guys for clarification purposes. Dhl cost is £37 to send documents to Nija and they don't weigh it either cos I send document home last 3 weeks and no extra charges .unless u r sending from nigeria to uk but then ur original wouldn't be sent back cos dhl doesn't have the services.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
Bolssos:
Thanks can you please email me sheffield address where the supporting documents will be sent also my wife is the one supporting me and is it allowed if she send the supporting documents from uk rather then me been the one posting the supporting document?

VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Yes your wife can send it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Waitingonyou: 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
Congrats dear. How many working days did it take to be granted.

bassy10113:
Hello house....got my spouse visa today...

My Timeline

Application submitted online on 26th of June 2014

Biometrics at Vfs oregun on 2 july 2014

Supporting document sent on 6th of july 2014

Supporting document received at sheffield on 7th july 2014

Supporting document received back from sheffield on 30th September 2014

Passport received on 17th october 2014

Visa issued since 11th september.

Thanks house for the comment....all the best to those waiting.

Plz will there ask for my TB test result at my point of entry....cux sheffield sent it along with the document they sent to my spouse....will he need to mail it to me....thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.