Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034630 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by LuckyViv: 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
quote author=willwin2 post=27578761][/quote]

AH DONT WORRY JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVIDENCES WITH YOU! TRY to be serious n remove the nerves from your systems ETC..
obviously, you must have done your research. if you were refused coz they thought your marriage aint genuine! i suggest you take everything you both have done in the past old & new etc... u go win am....baba God dey the chambers abeg go collect ur visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IrryJones(m): 10:55pm On Oct 30, 2014
I'm pleased to come across this quality forum, kudos to all the contributors.

I'm male been living in UK for almost 10yrs and in full time permanent employment. My spouse is in Nigeria, also employed after finishing her MSc studies in UK. I have gone through the UK Visas website and Teleperformance. We will be applying shortly.

Please I need quality guidance:

1. Is it advisable to use DHL or the UK postal service to send all the supporting docs;
2. Do I have to include my photograph or my spouse's photograph with the completed application form;
3. I have online banking,will printed 6 months bank statements from the bank branch be accepted;
4. As stated above, she studied in UK, does she have to take another English test;
5. Based on her previous stay in UK without violating any immigration rules, how quickly can our application be accepted. I'm hoping she could be here before Christmas.

Thanks all.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 11:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
IrryJones:

I'm male been living in UK for almost 10yrs and in full time permanent employment. My spouse is in Nigeria, also employed after finishing her MSc studies in UK. I have gone through the UK Visas website and Teleperformance. We will be applying shortly.

1. Is it advisable to use DHL or the UK postal service to send all the supporting docs;
2. Do I have to include my photograph or my spouse's photograph with the completed application form;
3. I have online banking,will printed 6 months bank statements from the bank branch be accepted;
4. As stated above, she studied in UK, does she have to take another English test;
5. Based on her previous stay in UK without violating any immigration rules, how quickly can our application be accepted. I'm hoping she could be here before Christmas.

Thanks all.

Welcome to the forum.

1. We used DHL to send documents from Nigeria, they seem to be quite reliable

2. I believe u have to submit x2 photos of the applicant with the form, the UK spouse has to submit a certified copy of their passport photo page. It's worth checking the application guide notes just in case.

3. I submitted print outs from my Internet banking account and they refused the application based on that. I would advise that you contact your bank to get them to print your statements and submit those.

4. As long as u provide certificates from the degree studied in the UK (recognised university) this should cover you for the English language requirement.

5. As long as you provide all the necessary evidence documents and you meet the requirements then you should be just fine. Receiving the visa before Christmas is optimistic though. On average it takes about 3 months to process a spouse application when the spouse is abroad.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
IrryJones:

Thanks all.

What type of Visa is she applying for (visiting or settlement) ?
Your answer, would determine next response.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bassy10113: 6:13am On Oct 31, 2014
IrryJones:

Thanks all.

Here are all the document my husband sent to sheffield for my settlement visa....This will be useful if you are the one sponsoring....

Copy of your passport and visa page
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Your Proof of Employment...i.e employment letter but you can use your 6 month payslip too.
4. 6 Months Bank Statements printed from the bank itself not from your own computer ooo.
5. Tenancy agreement to show that your wife can stay with u...and also u can add a letter from your landlord confirming that the house is comfortable for 2 people. to stay.
6. Marriage certificate from
Church or registry
7. Utility & Council tax bill
8. Proof of communication with your spouse- phone log, emails, Whatsapp)
9. Copies of Photographs from your Court Wedding, Traditional Wedding and older pictures during our holiday
10.certificate of your spouse..BSC and MSC is enough...
11. Photocopy of your spouse staff identity card

12. Photocopy of your spouse appointment letter( compulsory if she is sponsoring herself)
13. Original copy of 6moth pay slips of your spouse(compulsory if she is sponsoring herself)
14. Photocopy of TB certificate
15. Copy of your spouse Birth certificate
Photocopy of your spouseNigerian Passport
16. A copy of your wedding programme & Invitation card.(optional but u can add it if you have)
17. Most IMPOTANTLY...write a Detailed LETTER showing how each document your submitted is relevant to your application. E.G my spouse Bsc and msc certificate took from so so University submitted is to prove that she took a course taught in english language.

LASTLY....make PHOTOCOPIES of all the Document u are submitting and send it along with your document....VERY IMPORTANT...all the best
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IrryJones(m): 10:35am On Oct 31, 2014
bassy10113:

Here are all the document my husband sent to sheffield for my settlement visa....This will be useful if you are the one sponsoring....

Copy of your passport and visa page
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Your Proof of Employment...i.e employment letter but you can use your 6 month payslip too.
4. 6 Months Bank Statements printed from the bank itself not from your own computer ooo.
5. Tenancy agreement to show that your wife can stay with u...and also u can add a letter from your landlord confirming that the house is comfortable for 2 people. to stay.
6. Marriage certificate from
Church or registry
7. Utility & Council tax bill
8. Proof of communication with your spouse- phone log, emails, Whatsapp)
9. Copies of Photographs from your Court Wedding, Traditional Wedding and older pictures during our holiday
10.certificate of your spouse..BSC and MSC is enough...
11. Photocopy of your spouse staff identity card

12. Photocopy of your spouse appointment letter( compulsory if she is sponsoring herself)
13. Original copy of 6moth pay slips of your spouse(compulsory if she is sponsoring herself)
14. Photocopy of TB certificate
15. Copy of your spouse Birth certificate
Photocopy of your spouseNigerian Passport
16. A copy of your wedding programme & Invitation card.(optional but u can add it if you have)
17. Most IMPOTANTLY...write a Detailed LETTER showing how each document your submitted is relevant to your application. E.G my spouse Bsc and msc certificate took from so so University submitted is to prove that she took a course taught in english language.

LASTLY....make PHOTOCOPIES of all the Document u are submitting and send it along with your document....VERY IMPORTANT...all the best

Many thanks for your prompt and detailed explanation.
I will keep you posted in due course.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IrryJones(m): 10:37am On Oct 31, 2014
Lexusgs430:

What type of Visa is she applying for (visiting or settlement) ?
Your answer, would determine next response.

Lexusgs430
Thanks for your reply, we will be applying for settlement visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IrryJones(m): 10:43am On Oct 31, 2014
girlfio:

Welcome to the forum.

1. We used DHL to send documents from Nigeria, they seem to be quite reliable

2. I believe u have to submit x2 photos of the applicant with the form, the UK spouse has to submit a certified copy of their passport photo page. It's worth checking the application guide notes just in case.

3. I submitted print outs from my Internet banking account and they refused the application based on that. I would advise that you contact your bank to get them to print your statements and submit those.

4. As long as u provide certificates from the degree studied in the UK (recognised university) this should cover you for the English language requirement.

5. As long as you provide all the necessary evidence documents and you meet the requirements then you should be just fine. Receiving the visa before Christmas is optimistic though. On average it takes about 3 months to process a spouse application when the spouse is abroad.

Girlfio,

Thanks, I will also refer my spouse to this website as well, so we can learn together.
She did her first degree in Nigeria and her MSc at QMU in London, finished last year and left UK January this year before the expiry of her student visa.

Another question please, since the UK Visas address in Sheffield is a PO Box address, will DHL still deliver and get a signature?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:46am On Oct 31, 2014
IrryJones:

Lexusgs430
Thanks for your reply, we will be applying for settlement visa.

If you are applying for settlement, you would have to submit your supporting documents in the UK, while your spouse submits hers in Lagos (assuming she is based in Lagos).
Hope you have performed your registry wedding and have all supporting documents?
The burden of proof and weight of documentation, rests more on your shoulders.
NB: Sending documentation through either DHL or Royal, would not be a cheap. Budget between £60 - £80, alternatively look for someone travelling over, and ask if a favour could be granted.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IrryJones(m): 10:47am On Oct 31, 2014
She got her TB certificate this week and all is cleared.

But my question is the TB certificate is only valid until April 2015, is this the standard validity period?

Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IrryJones(m): 10:48am On Oct 31, 2014
Lexusgs430:

If you are applying for settlement, you would have to submit your supporting documents in the UK, while your spouse submits hers in Lagos (assuming she is based in Lagos).
Hope you have performed your registry wedding and have all submitting documents?

Ok thanks, I fully concur with that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:59am On Oct 31, 2014
IrryJones:

Ok thanks, I fully concur with that.

Call your bank to send your bank statement (6 months), it should arrive within 5 - 10 days.
Payslips 6 months, mortgage or tenancy agreement and a hosts of other documents has highlighted on this thread.
NB: Your bank balance does not necessarily have to have £0,000's, but MUST not be in negative and MUST be used constantly for usual expenses.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Hope you have performed your registry wedding and have all supporting documents?
NB: Sending documentation through either DHL or Royal, would not be a cheap. Budget between £60 - £80, alternatively look for someone travelling over, and ask if a favour could be granted.

He needs to send all the documents to the wife in Nigeria to be submitted together. He can not submit half in the UK while the wife submit the other half in Nigeria, all need to be submitted by the wife who is the applicant.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
IrryJones:
She got her TB certificate this week and all is cleared.

But my question is the TB certificate is only valid until April 2015, is this the standard validity period?

Thanks.

Its not a problem as long as she submitted before the expiring date.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IrryJones(m): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Call your bank to send your bank statement (6 months), it should arrive within 5 - 10 days.
Payslips 6 months, mortgage or tenancy agreement and a hosts of other documents has highlighted on this thread.
NB: Your bank balance does not necessarily have to have £0,000's, but MUST not be in negative and MUST be used constantly for usual expenses.

I just requested for the statements not long ago grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
justwise:

He needs to send all the documents to the wife in Nigeria to be submitted together. He can not submit half in the UK while the wife submit the other half in Nigeria, all need to be submitted by the wife who is the applicant.

Oga Justwise not to disagree with you, but on your highlighted point, I would !!!!
UKBA laws has changed for settlement visas, remember his spouse is not applying for visiting visa (if it was visiting visa, yes).
The UK resident submits all their supporting documents to Sheffield, while the other half submits their application form, passport and other lighter documents in Lagos.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Oga Justwise not to disagree with you, but on your highlighted point, I would !!!!
UKBA laws has changed for settlement visas, remember his spouse is not applying for visiting visa (if it was visiting visa, yes).
The UK resident submits all their supporting documents to Sheffield, while the other half submits their application form, passport and other lighter documents in Lagos.

Bro i'm quite happy to see where the changes are written or published.

Link please.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Amosiye: 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
Oga justwise I must greet u sir. Pls ur attention is needed. In the thread below. Pls come in small and throw small light
https://www.nairaland.com/1067797/traveling-ireland-dublin-etc/2#27614653
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
IrryJones:

Girlfio,

Thanks, I will also refer my spouse to this website as well, so we can learn together.
She did her first degree in Nigeria and her MSc at QMU in London, finished last year and left UK January this year before the expiry of her student visa.

Another question please, since the UK Visas address in Sheffield is a PO Box address, will DHL still deliver and get a signature?

Yes, you can still use DHL with the PO box address, we did for my husband's passport and it arrived safely.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
Pls has anyone heard from Hopeforallone
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrsAdebiyi: 8:22pm On Oct 31, 2014
justwise:

Bro i'm quite happy to see where the changes are written or published.

Link please.

@IrryJones .. You are lucky there are So many experts on this thread with very valid points ... Just thought I'd add my voice @Lexusgs430 is right. @justwise as the baba isale I hate to say the law has eluded you on this one
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrsAdebiyi: 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
MrsAdebiyi:

@IrryJones .. You are lucky there are So many experts on this thread with very valid points ... Just thought I'd add my voice @Lexusgs430 is right. @justwise as the baba isale I hate to say the law has eluded you on this one

I posted lengthy response and it has disappeared @justwise na ur fault coz I disagreed with you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
MrsAdebiyi:

I posted lengthy response and it has disappeared @justwise na ur fault coz I disagreed with you

I don't take false allegation lightly, no single post from you is hidden here.

Which post did i delete? I need an answer
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2014
MrsAdebiyi:

Thank you for clarifying new policies. I would not post something on this thread that I am not 100% sure about.
Nairaland has sections where we have fun with ourselves, light hearted jokes, insults and serious topics (the beauty of nairaland).
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Thank you for clarifying new policies. I would not post something on this thread that I am not 100% sure about.
Nairaland has sections where we have fun with ourselves, light hearted jokes, insults and serious topics.

Why are you people taking this this way? I asked for evidence to back up your claim that the rule has changed, i don't know about any rule change as regard to sending spouse visa application separately.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
MrsAdebiyi:

Your first post here today is at 8:40pm

I only edited one post here today at 6.25pm

I have attached this thread log for all to see.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
justwise:

Why are you people taking this way? I asked for evidence to back up your claim that the rule has changed, i don't know about any rule change as regard to sending spouse visa application separately.

I would post a link, when I dig 1 out. @Mrsadebiyi - I remember had a post recently about this particular issue, which I responded to accordingly.
1st hand feedback from a recent applicant like Mrsadebiyi is enough for me to go by.
NB: I know you need proof for your armoury, but I am not a moderator on this forum. I am just a practitioner.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lexusgs430:

[b]I would post a link, when I dig 1 ou[/b]t. @Mrsadebiyi - I remember had a post recently about this particular issue, which I responded to accordingly.
1st hand feedback from a recent applicant like Mrsadebiyi is enough for me to go by.

Waiting for that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whales1212: 12:11am On Nov 01, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Nairaland has sections where we have fun with ourselves, light hearted jokes, insults and serious topics (the beauty of nairaland).
What Mrs Adebiyi said is 100% right,I think it makes sense to believe someone that applied recently than someone who did last year,the rules change so quick these days. If you're applying for settlement Visa,(not visiting) your sponsor in UK sends all the documents to Sheffield, while you submit application form,passport, tb cert at the VAC in Nigeria. I really don't think there should be argument about it anyway,they will tell you that even if you want to submit the documents in Nigeria.

This is an automated e-mail you'll get when you mail Sheffield
"Sheffield Visa Section Application Categories

Please note the Sheffield Visa Section currently deals with settlement applications lodged in:
· Canada
· Jamaica
· Nigeria
· The United States of America

The Visa Section in Sheffield also processes all applications made at the Victoria Island Visa Application Centre in Lagos, Nigeria, and Visit Visa applications made at the St Petersburg, Russia Visa Application Centre"
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrsAdebiyi: 12:13am On Nov 01, 2014
justwise:

Your first post here today is at 8:40pm

I only edited one post here today at 6.25pm

I have attached this thread log for all to see.

@justwise Abeg take am easy ! I know the success of this thread has been due to ur efforts and careful moderation . I was joking abt u deleting my post ! I was just teasing u ! Abeg! No bad belle here ! For all I know ur expertise is respected on this thread... You have been helpful but it's also good for newbies to hear from recent applicants ... By the way I don't know osewa I had to google his name . Dunno if u r paid for the moderation and even if u r relax and take a joke all this seriousness makes the process look daunting for newbies to the spousal visa application process I can't even remember what I posted . @lexusgs430 thanks for d support jare! You are right that things have changed. UK home office are trying to justify the ridiculous application cost .. So we need to give the them work to do and they have SLA for turnaround times as well.. Check their website the stats are there to verify and u can even see the data spreadsheet . Don't blame me.. I did my research to that extent ... All documents are now accepted by Sheffield home office . Vfs will only accept the original tb certificate and the Vfs application form and of coz ur passport .thanks @whales1212. I also questioned the people that r using £60-£80 to send the supporting docs to Sheffield . I wondered if they r using Amazon drone or personal jet. U can send it with Royal Mail guaranteed to be delivered by 1pm and u can track ur parcel in realtime up until it is received ... So up to u . Lastly don't forget the SAE FOR THE DOCUMENTS to be returned once the valuation is complete . I tire how may times I go post this thing!!! @justwise I reserve unreservedly if what i typed earlier offended you.. It was a tongue in cheek comment .. @IrryJones so u have received more advice than anyone so if ur case no get k leg it should be plain sailing and don't forget to come bk and share ur experience and give advice! And if ur case has bow leg am sure this thread and its army of counsellors are well equipped to straighten it !! All the best
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:47am On Nov 01, 2014
@MrsAdebiyi - My quotation of between £60 - £80, was incase the requester decided to post his supporting documents to Lagos, regardless. And not amazon drone, private jet or virgin gallactic craft !!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:22am On Nov 01, 2014
Whales1212:

What Mrs Adebiyi said is 100% right,I think it makes sense to believe someone that applied recently than someone who did last year,the rules change so quick these days. If you're applying for settlement Visa,(not visiting) your sponsor in UK sends all the documents to Sheffield, while you submit application form,passport, tb cert at the VAC in Nigeria. I really don't think there should be argument about it anyway,they will tell you that even if you want to submit the documents in Nigeria.

This is an automated e-mail you'll get when you mail Sheffield
"Sheffield Visa Section Application Categories

Please note the Sheffield Visa Section currently deals with settlement applications lodged in:
· Canada
· Jamaica
· Nigeria
· The United States of America

The Visa Section in Sheffield also processes all applications made at the Victoria Island Visa Application Centre in Lagos, Nigeria, and Visit Visa applications made at the St Petersburg, Russia Visa Application Centre"
What I asked for is where the new rule is published, I have tried to search around but failed to see where it stated that husband and wife should send their documents separately.
The arguments is not whether the application is processed in Sheffield or not, that we all know, somebody show me where the new rule is published.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.