Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,724 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039672 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by SamyUIStudent: 11:52am On Jul 22, 2014
Pls my Maternal cousin send me an invitation, Am i to apply as family Visitor or General Visitor....... pls i need somone to help me as am filling the form rightaway. thanx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ikato3540:

@ Dunique, where did u get married? Nigeria or in the UK?

In the Uk, April 2010! And they refused my application after that, saying I am not legit anymore in the UK to apply, that I have to be in my country to be eligible, I appealed but they still won the appeal saying there was no reason I couldn't come here to apply. That is how I ended up here and when I did, it was so unfortunate the laws changed before I could do the English test I booked in my city, so I have been caught up with the new law and it took me 18 months before my partner met the financial requirement and we applied last year October, only for them to say they don't believe our relationship is genuine and that some of her payslip is missing with her employment contract letters.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 12:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
This isn't an easy journey we on, I would want 2encourage every one of US, we stay positive and hopeful. As girlio said We Need God more than ever$ I trust He will hasten to our aid$ favour Us all. No matter wat our situation is God can make all things New$Beautiful, Luke 1:37 says Nothing is impossible for God.

Got my court date some days ago for February 2015,it dealt me a heavy blow,but I tell myself 2accept it $prepare towards it in good fate and pray its successful eventually. I urge us all in same spirit. God bless Us all Amen!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 12:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
fazo14: This isn't an easy journey we on, I would want 2encourage every one of US, we stay positive and hopeful. As girlio said We Need God more than ever$ I trust He will hasten to our aid$ favour Us all. No matter wat our situation is God can make all things New$Beautiful, Luke 1:37 says Nothing is impossible for God.

Got my court date some days ago for February 2015,it dealt me a heavy blow,but I tell myself 2accept it $prepare towards it in good fate and pray its successful eventually. I urge us all in same spirit. God bless Us all Amen!!!

This is sad, second person getting a February court date, I am yet to find out mine still.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
ingred: @justwise - Based on the refusal letter for my son, what information does he need to provided or is the appeal based solely on me proving/answering the points of my refusal?

The appeal is based solely on you, your son is not an adult and you applied to take him along.
You need to proof that he is your son and meet the financial requirement.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 12:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
fazo14: This isn't an easy journey we on, I would want 2encourage every one of US, we stay positive and hopeful. As girlio said We Need God more than ever$ I trust He will hasten to our aid$ favour Us all. No matter wat our situation is God can make all things New$Beautiful, Luke 1:37 says Nothing is impossible for God.

Shame! It's so depressing to hear that one has to wait for so long to get a court hearing.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

In the Uk, April 2010! And they refused my application after that, saying I am not legit anymore in the UK to apply, that I have to be in my country to be eligible, I appealed but they still won the appeal saying there was no reason I couldn't come here to apply. That is how I ended up here and when I did, it was so unfortunate the laws changed before I could do the English test I booked in my city, so I have been caught up with the new law and it took me 18 months before my partner met the financial requirement and we applied last year October, only for them to say they don't believe our relationship is genuine and that some of her payslip is missing with her employment contract letters.

My Days! What a journey you've been on.
Everything is going to be ok.

Have u contacted the Tribunal? What did they say?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ikato3540:

My Days! What a journey you've been on.
Everything is going to be ok.

Have u contacted the Tribunal? What did they say?

Thanks so much @ Ikato3540, I really can't wait for this to end in praise, I really want to have good testimonies and I hope all of us do have by God's grace.

Everyone I have gotten a court hearing date and it is set for November.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

Thanks so much @ Ikato3540, I really can't wait for this to end in praise, I really want to have good testimonies and I hope all of us do have by God's grace.

Everyone I have gotten a court hearing date and it is set for November.

You know something? It's not so bad you know?!

But so sorry to hear it's going to court. It would be over soon and by Christmas you may be back here looking for ticket prices.

I am hopeful for you. But please DO get a GOOD immigration barrister, and please do prepare the best possible way.

Please don't mind the cost. This is your one shot to make things right.

All the best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ikato3540:

You know something? It's not so bad you know?!

But so sorry to hear it's going to court. It would be over soon and by Christmas you may be back here looking for ticket prices.

I am hopeful for you. But please DO get a GOOD immigration barrister, and please do prepare the best possible way.

Please don't mind the cost. This is your one shot to make things right.

All the best.

I will try my best, God will take control and Amen I will be doing that by Christmas time. Thanks for the word of encouragement.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hello house, one more question for anyone who has an idea, do you think the HO has definitely reviewed our case for those of us who got a nearer court date? just wondering if they think they stand a chance against us. Reason why I am asking is that, I am hoping they can still overturn their decision in my case too since I included the document they said was missing in my appeal, so if that isn't enough for them, I wonder what they want from me and my partner.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
DUNIQUE1: Hello house, one more question for anyone who has an idea, do you think the HO has definitely reviewed our case for those of us who got a nearer court date? just wondering if they think they stand a chance against us. Reason why I am asking is that, I am hoping they can still overturn their decision in my case too since I included the document they said was missing in my appeal, so if that isn't enough for them, I wonder what they want from me and my partner.

TBH, it depends on what the grounds for your refusal were. What exactly were the grounds for refusal. Normally they should overturn if you have provided the correct documents to counter the refusal reasons. If u have satisfactorily responded with evidence, they should overturn.

So it kinda depends on the exact grounds for refusal. They also should send you the reason they refused to overturn their decision to you and with the appeal bundle.

If u have more than one refusal reason, they may have conceded to one but stuck with the other.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by SamyUIStudent: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
SamyUIStudent: Pls my Maternal cousin send me an invitation, Am i to apply as family Visitor or General Visitor....... pls i need somone to help me as am filling the form rightaway. thanx
Somone should pls answer my question
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ikato3540:

TBH, it depends on what the grounds for your refusal were. What exactly were the grounds for refusal. Normally they should overturn if you have provided the correct documents to counter the refusal reasons. If u have satisfactorily responded with evidence, they should overturn.

So it kinda depends on the exact grounds for refusal. They also should send you the reason they refused to overturn their decision to you and with the appeal bundle.

If u have more than one refusal reason, they may have conceded to one but stuck with the other.
it was two refusal reasons, one was that I do not meet the relationship or accommodation requirement and the other is that I do not meet the financial requirement, because they said a payslip was missing, and employment letters and also I relied on self employment too, they claimed we didn't include evidence of SA300 or SA302 of which we did. So we have tried to get those thing sent to them during the appeal and also my wife had to pay her taxes around the time of my initial refusal, so she added the receipts of the taxes she paid, which was up to 3000 pounds.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 6:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
DUNIQUE, if they have sent ur bundle to the tribunal then they have most likely reviewed it. But if u got a letter asking them to send the documents along with the one they sent ur court date in then I guess they.have not reviewed it..

Lucky u, November is just round the corner. Let's all keep out fingers crossed and keep praying. There is nothing God cannot do.

DUNIQUE1: Hello house, one more question for anyone who has an idea, do you think the HO has definitely reviewed our case for those of us who got a nearer court date? just wondering if they think they stand a chance against us. Reason why I am asking is that, I am hoping they can still overturn their decision in my case too since I included the document they said was missing in my appeal, so if that isn't enough for them, I wonder what they want from me and my partner.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
@ Dunique - My brother your court date is really good compared to others, only two months after mine. So what did your refusal say? Are you refused on relationship, financial and accommodation is that the reason they are taking you to court?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ingred: 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
justwise:

The appeal is based solely on you, your son is not an adult and you applied to take him along.
You need to proof that he is your son and meet the financial requirement.
I AD SEND MY SON BIRTH PAPER AS EVIDENCE SO I DONNT KNW WAS ELES TO USE TO PROVE HE MY SON, AND MY HUSBAND FINANCEIAL REQUIREMENTS WAS SATIFIED,
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
@ SamyUIStudent - I believe you are on the wrong thread. Sorry I do not have any information regarding your issue. Someone else might have.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
SamyUIStudent:

Sorry no ideas here either. You are on the wrong thread. You might want to search in the thread in the "UK visa general enquiries" thread.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
SamyUIStudent:

Sorry no ideas here either. You are on the wrong place
. You might want to search in "UK visa general enquiries" thread.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
SamyUIStudent:

Sorry no ideas here either. You are in the wrong place.
You might want to search in "UK visa general enquiries" thread.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
DUNIQUE1: it was two refusal reasons, one was that I do not meet the relationship or accommodation requirement and the other is that I do not meet the financial requirement, because they said a payslip was missing, and employment letters and also I relied on self employment too, they claimed we didn't include evidence of SA300 or SA302 of which we did. So we have tried to get those thing sent to them during the appeal and also my wife had to pay her taxes around the time of my initial refusal, so she added the receipts of the taxes she paid, which was up to 3000 pounds.

@Dunique.

It's a good idea you added the tax receipts from HMRC in your appeal. It potentially strengthens your claim of meeting the financial requirement.

They might have already reviewed your case, but who knows for sure. And I don't think one can say if they would or wouldn't overturn before it gets to court. They can be unpredictable attimes.

The time wld run out quickly and Nov wld soon come. ( basically in 3 months)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
sunnychic: DUNIQUE, if they have sent ur bundle to the tribunal then they have most likely reviewed it. But if u got a letter asking them to send the documents along with the one they sent ur court date in then I guess they.have not reviewed it..

Lucky u, November is just round the corner. Let's all keep out fingers crossed and keep praying. There is nothing God cannot do.

sorry @ Sunnychic, who is asking who to send the document, is it the tribunal that will be asking the homeoffice in that case or who? Because I haven't received my bundle yet, my partner called the tribunal and they gave her the date.

So basically the letter I will receive for court will also state that the home office should send my bundle or what exactly? Please don't get tired of me or my questions oh.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ikato3540:

@Dunique.

It's a good idea you added the tax receipts from HMRC in your appeal. It potentially strengthens your claim of meeting the financial requirement.

They might have already reviewed your case, but who knows for sure. And I don't think one can say if they would or wouldn't overturn before it gets to court. They can be unpredictable attimes.

The time wld run out quickly and Nov wld soon come. ( basically in 3 months)

@ Ikato3540 hopefully they will overturn it, so the waiting time gets reduced and I can save myself some fast heart beats
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - My brother your court date is really good compared to others, only two months after mine. So what did your refusal say? Are you refused on relationship, financial and accommodation is that the reason they are taking you to court?

Yes basically that, I meet all the requirement, my relationship is genuine, my wife earned around 21k plus for that relevant year and we also have a fixed accommodation for us. The things we missed out were the things we overlooked cause we were not experienced enough and I didn't use a solicitor at first, I did it all myself. Poor me!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
@ Dunique - The best thing you can do is gather all evidence for the court case and seek not a barrister but a immigration lawyer. For my financial requirement we submitted
-12 payslips
-Letter from employer
-Contract Letter
-Bank statements

Accommodation - Evidence stating that the house was owned or tenancy agreement of a one bedroom flat

Subsisting Relationship - We went over the top
-Pictures of family and friends
-Emails over one year
-Letters
-Birthday Cards
-Talk home cards and so on everything we had pictures from all over the country you really have to go over the top when it comes to relationship.

Did they refuse you on paragraph 320?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 9:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
@DUNIQUE they sent us two letters. One with the court date and one to tell us that the home office hasn't sent the bundle.

The bundle will be sent from home office to tribunal not to u.

These pple are just crazy jare no point thinking for them. Just keep praying they may still overturn before the court date.

DUNIQUE1: sorry @ Sunnychic, who is asking who to send the document, is it the tribunal that will be asking the homeoffice in that case or who? Because I haven't received my bundle yet, my partner called the tribunal and they gave her the date.
So basically the letter I will receive for court will also state that the home office should send my bundle or what exactly? Please don't get tired of me or my questions oh.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 9:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - The best thing you can do is gather all evidence for the court case and seek not a barrister but a immigration lawyer. For my financial requirement we submitted
-12 payslips
-Letter from employer
-Contract Letter
-Bank statements

Accommodation - Evidence stating that the house was owned or tenancy agreement of a one bedroom flat

-Emails over one year
-Letters
-Birthday Cards
-Talk home cards and so on everything we had pictures from all over the country you really have to go over the top when it comes to relationship.

I completely agree with hopeforall.

Ensure you go OVER the top. Nothing is too small or too much to prove relationship. Anything and everything u can lay your hands on to prove relationship. U can even use letters from family and friends ( with a photocopy of their British passport if poss) attached to their letters; stating how they know of your relationship etc... Evidence of contact before AND after marriage. If uve got whatssup correspondence , print it out too. Emails, photos.... The list is endless.

Even if means u have a wheelie bin full of documentary evidence , no problem, they wldnt mind. grin

Since you submitted the missing financial documents in the appeal then ensure u veto all your documents as hopeforall suggested with an immigration lawyer/ adviser before court so U haven't missed anything out.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - The best thing you can do is gather all evidence for the court case and seek not a barrister but a immigration lawyer. For my financial requirement we submitted
-12 payslips
-Letter from employer
-Contract Letter
-Bank statements

-Emails over one year
-Letters
-Birthday Cards

Para 320 can be overturned in court. I've heard of cases where it was. I have SEEN someone return to the UK with a bad case of Para 320(11). His was hideous!!! I blinked twice when I saw him return back then.

It's a matter of preparation, the nature of offences, and the Judge who you come across.

Jehovah! The MOST HIGH judge has the FINAL say.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
-12 payslips
-Letter from employer
-Contract Letter
-Bank statements

-Emails over one year
-Letters
-Birthday Cards

How do I know which paragraph? Cause my initial refusal letter doesn't say anything like 320 or anything, I was even double checking that today and it didn't say such, I don't have letters at all cause we never write letters, we do have printed facebook chat from when our relationship started and also lots of pictures of different trips we went when I was still in the UK, also the pictures of her when she visited last year April. We also added the payslips, Sa300, tax receipt, employment letters etc to the appeal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
-12 payslips
-Letter from employer
-Contract Letter
-Bank statements

-Emails over one year
-Letters
-Birthday Cards

What paragraph were you refused on @ Hopeforallone?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:07am On Jul 23, 2014
@Dunique - We are refused on paragraph 320 that's why we are going to court. So we are trying to provide as many statements from family and friends. We only just started to ask people. All the other requirements are met, so we are going to court over the history.
We can not provide any other information for them really. Because there is nothing to prove.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.