Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

I Won’t Resign - Etteh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Resign - Etteh (4081 Views)

Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Resign - Etteh by chidichris(m): 8:40pm On Sep 29, 2007
madam speaker according to saturday tribune of 29-09-07 has vowed not to resign.
na waa, i am of the opinion that nigerians and pdp shld pls tell obj to withdraw her.
it is unfortunate that she was not voted into power rather she was selected so he who seleceted her shld pls withdraw her as she has over-stayed her welcome.
she is surposed to be a public servant and i know that nobody serve the public without their consent.
my question now is, is it by force that this woman must be the speaker of the house?
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by ochocinco1(m): 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2007
good on her grin
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by Prince22(m): 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2007
Keep tracking, she will be disgrace out of that sit

She's joking!!!!
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by BigB11(m): 12:27am On Sep 30, 2007
I truly do not know too much about Etteh's trouble, but if she feels that nothing is wrong with her action and she can effectively defend all charges, I truly do not see anything wrong with fighting to the end.
It is part of leadership roles, you must know how to stay strong and stay focused during difficult periods; I guess this is one of those moments.

I say fight for your rights, fight to the end.

Moreover, this is a great example for the ladies; you don't have to always back down for bunch of thugs.
(Yes, I said THUGS. Why? Because 99% of these people who are extremely busy accusing Madam Speaker are also hypocrites)
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by Mamajama(m): 2:14am On Sep 30, 2007
This is all media propaganda, nothing will happen to this woman. To think about it. The whole fund has not been disposed, she did not collect a penny from the alleged misappropriation.

The accusation is that due process was not follwed. This publicity stunk is the handy work of detractors
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by chidichris(m): 10:43am On Sep 30, 2007
mamajama,
if a public office holder does not follow the due process in giving out contracts, what does it mean? in taking oath of office, a leader swear to defend the law and constitution of the land so what does it show if she did not follow the constitutional provission of the law?
another question is, who is a criminal? and to me, a criminal is one who acts against the law because crime has to do with go against legal provissions. if she goes against the constitutions which she swore to protect, then she is a criminal.
if one nurses intention to commit a crime and was caught before he/she commits the crime, the person will be charged with attempt that is why in the law courts u hear attempt to murder, attempt to cheat etc.
pls go back to class. if you are close to her, tell her to quit.
she is a criminal as she has gone against the laws of the land and as a matter of fact, the only factor that will make her remain on seat will be the one sided war against corruption which made andy uba to remain,the same that made chris uba a member of pdp bot, that same war that made addedibu to own inec machines and that same war on corruption that left our roads in its bizzare conditions and funds were spent on them,that same war that have denied the citizens all the basic armenities of life while the leaerds remains the chief makers the richest folks among us.
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by BigB11(m): 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2007
@chidichris

Absolutely, you have a point, but you can not castigate this woman for wanting to stay or for wanting to fight to the end. To me, this case is very mystifying and I truly think there are couple of other people (Big Wigs) who were supposed to benefit greatly from this contract; these people are currently being protected. Hence, I will not be surprised if we do not see the end of this allegation.
FYI: Most illegal contracts awarding in Nigeria are linked, which means if Madam speaker goes down many others will follow. There is a possibility that these other invisible individuals are too big to go down with madam speaker. Therefore madam speaker is not only fighting for herself, but also fighting for many other folks.
There is also a possibility that she has the abetment of the bigger fish.
Let's chill and see what happens.

Politics is a bastard!
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by chidichris(m): 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2007
my interest here is not to see the woman go down rather to see nigeria that is greater than every other individual.
i want to see a nigeria that operates with constitution which will be a respecter of no one.
i am of great hope that we will live to see an anti graft org. that is out to fight corruption and tackle cases without fear or favour.
no matter what crime found on this woman, she must have seen greater crimes in the same gov so she is only serving as an escape goat.
what we are saying is contract but i know and i believe many other things are involved but the forceful removal of the woman might lead us to something else.
i am suspecting the hands of godfathers.
i know the cries of poor dying nigerians will definitely get to high heavens one day and we will know who is who.
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by mrpataki(m): 3:20pm On Oct 01, 2007
This is the first major step of the Yar dua government to show how truly transparent they are.

Hope the right thing is done.
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by almondjoy(f): 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2007
ocho cinco:

good on her grin

I trust your judgement----------always! wink
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by chidichris(m): 11:58am On Oct 03, 2007
i thinking the woman is shifting grounds.
but like her father(obj) she wants a successor who will cover her sins.
wow! pdp and nigerian leaders always fighting to put their own person(s) to cover-up for them.
am america, bush a different person succeeded clinton but in nigeria obj will tell u is a do or die affairs.
they have things to hide otherwise finish your term and get out for other ideologies to take place.
pls someone shld help me tell efcc to warm up.
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by osereka(m): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2007
etteh : I WONT RESIGN

osereka : YES I KNOW.

etteh : HOW DO YOU KNOW?

OSEREKA : WITH OBJ, ADEDIBU, AKALA, OYINLOLA, ONI, DANIEL,AGAGU

ON YOUR SIDE. YOU ARE COVERED
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by michaelwe1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2007
osereka:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by osereka(m): 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2007
and the entire south west by
your side etteh,
NO RETREAT NO SURRENDER
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by desgiezd(m): 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2007
osereka:

Was the omission of Bode George and Andy Uba deliberate?
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by ogalanya(m): 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2007
Hmmmm, what a man can do, a woman can do it better, abi?
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by osereka(m): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2007
if you look at the backing that theif get, you will know that
bode george and andy uba na small boys for this matter.
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by obyann(f): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2007
chidichris:

madam speaker according to saturday tribune of 29-09-07 has vowed not to resign.
na waa, i am of the opinion that nigerians and pdp shld please tell obj to withdraw her.
it is unfortunate that she was not voted into power rather she was selected so he who seleceted her shld please withdraw her as she has over-stayed her welcome.
she is surposed to be a public servant and i know that nobody serve the public without their consent.
my question now is, is it by force that this woman must be the speaker of the house?

she is another obj. so how will obj ask her to go.

ocho cinco:

good on her grin
abi?
Prince22:

Keep tracking, she will be disgrace out of that sit

She's joking!!!!
are u sure? with people backing her?

Big B1:

I truly do not know too much about Etteh's trouble, but if she feels that nothing is wrong with her action and she can effectively defend all charges, I truly do not see anything wrong with fighting to the end.
It is part of leadership roles, you must know how to stay strong and stay focused during difficult periods; I guess this is one of those moments.

I say fight for your rights, fight to the end.

Moreover, this is a great example for the ladies; you don't have to always back down for bunch of thugs.
(Yes, I said THUGS. Why? Because 99% of these people who are extremely busy accusing Madam Speaker are also hypocrites)

fight for what? she is a disgrace to womanhood. she would have copied Obiageli Ezekweshiri, Ndi Onyeku, Dora etc

Mamajama:

This is all media propaganda, nothing will happen to this woman. To think about it. The whole fund has not been disposed, she did not collect a penny from the alleged misappropriation.

The accusation is that due process was not follwed. This publicity stunk is the handy work of detractors
i agree with u, but if this beautician doesn't know anything about govt, why was she very fast to minute on those documents
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by osereka(m): 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2007
what will she need all that money for sef?
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by MrInfo1(m): 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2007
Beware of dogs sayz Etteh grin
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by deb(m): 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2007
Nigerians don't resign.

What some of these guys dont realize is that the country is gradually
changing for good. It may be slow but it is changing.
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by excel12(m): 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2007
Madam Hairdresser (Sorry I mean Madam Speaker) should resign before she's disgraced out of office
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by zimba315(m): 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2007
she should resign or are we not the once that elected her there has they use to say,please she should step aside so that they can investigate the issue very well.the panel said she didn't follow the normal procedure,then what's her punishment for that they kept quite are they not the once making the law so they should juridice the case and lay an example so that other could follow please.
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by bencobenz(m): 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2007
Why won't she resign? na her papa get National Assembly? Abegi whether she like
am or not she must go! Stupid woman wey no know the meaning of INDICTMENT angry
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by ogalanya(m): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2007
Imagine, Etteh used over 75% of all dat Yar adua is worth, just 2 renovate house. Only God can save us
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by totalfact(m): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2007
though everybody is entitle to her or his opinion,bt we shd watc our statmnt
leeveeev d woman alone! [/color][/color]
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 03, 2007
totalfact:

though everybody is entitle to her or his opinion,bt we should watc our statmnt
leeveeev d woman alone! [/color][/color]
then she should sleep or die there
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by onyekang1(f): 9:27am On Oct 04, 2007
@ Big B1

WORD
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by koko777(m): 9:40am On Oct 04, 2007
I don't seem to understand the short sightedness of some Nigerians, here is a woman that was accused of double standard in contract awards, even at the idoko panel she could not convincingly defend herself of the alleged offences, then why are we trying to paint her in good pictures? We should stop applying sentiments to National Issues, why on earth do we have sacred cows in Nigeria? honestly before anything at all, Etteh must step aside for the report to be debated at the resumed sitting of the House, we can no longer condone all these animalistic, selfish and nonchalant attitudes of our so called leaders.
I'm less consign about her God fathers cos God almighty is greater than all of them. She is a  disgrace to womanhood. why can't she take a cue from Dora Akunyili, Oby Ezekwesili, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala these are women of integrity that served this nation excellently without blemish. If she like herself, the time is not too late for her to eat the humble pie before she's disgraced out of office.
Enough is Enough, Nigeria is above all these few evil cabal.
God bless Nigeria ! ! !
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by yewaman1(m): 9:53am On Oct 04, 2007
what a shame sad very soon some nollywood director will make
a flim about her.
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by bebe4u(f): 9:57am On Oct 04, 2007
@ CHIDICHRIS
another question is, who is a criminal? and to me, a criminal is one who acts against the law

oh well, then how many of us in this country has gone against the law?
Re: I Won’t Resign - Etteh by swiftycool(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2007
@ Topic I Won’t Resign - Etteh

On top her papa property? Na wah o undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mods Please Ban The Use Of The Word ''Tribe'' On This Forum / Are You Listening To Jega? / Lie: Igbo Do Not Own 70% Of Abuja. All Nigerians Are In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.