Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

"why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji (3785 Views)

I Can Only Marry A Nigerian Man Whose Mum Is Dead - Afrobeat Singer Sisi Cynthia / I Can Only Marry You When Your Mother Is Dead / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by vivika(f): 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2011
I thought this was an interesting topic so I decided to bring it to NL, according to Linda Ikeji, most rich Nigerians only marry people of similar class, she cited examples like "the Onirus marrying the Tinubus. The Odogwus marrying the Subomi-Baloguns. The Adenugas marrying the Dangotes. The Okoyas marrying the Sarakis. The Ojoras marrying the Folawiyos. The  Kukus marrying the Fowlers. Etc etc" Most of the comments was that, it is either a merger for both families or its arrogance on their paths.  i personally doubt it, i think it is all about the mentality, rich people marry rich  because they believe they operate on the same level of intellect, experience or class. I mean, imagine this, a rich girl marrying an average man and hearing him go "it is because you are an ajebota thats why you won't understand" or a rich guy talking to his friends and his wife goes "ah! too much money they worry una!", to me the difference in levels may become stifling for both parties in the long run. So these people may just want to avoid the whole wahala! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK! OBJECTIVE RESPONSES ONLY!

1 Like

Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by mashnino(m): 11:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
The ansa is above

1 Like

Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by Agybabe(f): 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2011
Some, so as to avoid stress. For instance if a rich man marries a lady from a poor home, lots of financial problems of the lady's family will be on him. So marrying the same set and class of a girl will ease that burden.

E.g please pardon M̶̲̅ε̲̣ here, but look at the president and wife. Who is from a more educated background? The man! The woman sef sometimes bleeps up while giving a speech. So some men avoid taking chances and g☺ for their class.

It also brings them familiarity because they are both rich.

Now some will think if incase as being the only one who is financially bouyant i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ an affair, at a short or long run and there is a breakdown, a poor lady may find it difficult to help, but an equally bouyant lady will take it up, so that is one problem.

But I hope all these mentality are balanced, but u won't blame them.

Instance u are a very rich chick and u g☺ for a poor church rat, how will the world look at u. ​L♥√ع u will call it shey? True definition!

God just need to help us.
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by slimyem: 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2011
vivika:

I thought this was an interesting topic so I decided to bring it to NL, according to Linda Ikeji, most rich Nigerians only marry people of similar class, she cited examples like "the Onirus marrying the Tinubus. The Odogwus marrying the Subomi-Baloguns. The Adenugas marrying the Dangotes. The Okoyas marrying the Sarakis. The Ojoras marrying the Folawiyos. The  Kukus marrying the Fowlers. Etc etc" Most of the comments was that, it is either a merger for both families or its arrogance on their paths.  i personally doubt it, i think it is all about the mentality, rich people marry rich  because they believe they operate on the same level of intellect, experience or class. I mean, imagine this, a rich girl marrying an average man and hearing him go "it is because you are an ajebota thats why you won't understand" or a rich guy talking to his friends and his wife goes "ah! too much money they worry una!", to me the difference in levels may become stifling for both parties in the long run. So these people may just want to avoid the whole wahala! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!OBJECTIVE RESPONSES ONLY!
@bolded, dream on!
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 14, 2011
What Agybabe said, plus also, when rich, it's a hard HARD thing to find true love.
You are surrounded by people who probably only like you just because you are rich. The human heart was built for more than being in a relationship with someone where the central focus is your money and not love. Too many skilled, hungry, gold-diggers out there.

So to do away with all that wahala, might as well marry someone who you know has nothing to gain from you but YOU.

1 Like

Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by 195(f): 2:11am On Dec 15, 2011
The Rich people nor get choice

when the poor people nor gree hustle

them sit down dey wait for rich man come bail dem

times has changed!

Well, Im not getting married to my woman from any class - im marrying her cos im happy with her
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 2:30am On Dec 15, 2011
Circulation of wealth.
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by 195(f): 2:32am On Dec 15, 2011
REALITY101:

Circulation of wealth.
cool cool
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 2:36am On Dec 15, 2011
Yes boss. Go dig and u gonna figure
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by 195(f): 2:42am On Dec 15, 2011
embarassed embarassed
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by iice(f): 4:25am On Dec 15, 2011
Similar backgrounds/position in society etc = Commonalities.
Pressure/tradition/Business = Some families dictate who one can marry.
Keeping it in the circle/family = As the case with the royal families, powerful families.
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by vivika(f): 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2011
Lol! so in ur opinion they all marry for wealth?
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by obowunmi(m): 9:20pm On Dec 15, 2011
VIVIKA is that your pishure , you haven nice jugs shocked shocked shocked shocked kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by obowunmi(m): 9:20pm On Dec 15, 2011
who cares who marries who, your happiness should matter more.
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 16, 2011
op. You on point here. The thing is that marriage now is not just about two people coming together but also two families being brought together for life and no one wants to carry anyone elses burden especially when it comes to finance, so u might just want to consider the family u re being joined with. Moreover its said that like minds reason together and its not just all about their level of education but the fact that the rich teach their offsing to be rich and as rich kids, they are exposed to a pattern of lifestyle that sumone from a poor background might not just blend in. I aslo think that the family has alot to play in this cos, why will a dangote marry a nobody that at social gatherings will be a mockrey to the family. So the family decides who comes in and if u go against its wishes then u might be on ur own.
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by vivika(f): 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2011
@obowunmi, yes it is mine, why are your eyes popping out? haven't you ever seen a fine girl before?
@nomsochris, thanl you for your reply, you have helped me see reason to marry rich jor! it is a lot easier! cool cool
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by tpia5: 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2011
Nothing wrong with rich marrying only rich imo.

The issue of compatibility is a serious one and i dont think a rich person in nigeria especially, would be a good match for someone who is poor.

Rich here is referring to proper riches, aka old money, not the nouveau rich ie new money.

Meaning people who were raised in affluence, not just people who struck money fairly recently.

It sounds classist no doubt but that's just how life is.
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by Mynd44: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2011
The reason is simple. Nobody wants to marry a Liability simple

1 Like

Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by tpia5: 11:02pm On Dec 25, 2011
Its more complicated than that or did you never read pacesetters.
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by Mynd44: 11:11pm On Dec 25, 2011
Seriously, liability can mean lot of things like Mr President for example
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by tpia5: 11:53pm On Dec 25, 2011
Let's leave personal feelings and biases out of this.

Owo o towo lon je liability.

What I'm referring to is compatibility between two parties.

Of course emigration has changed much of this since people now marry freely from different classes when overseas.

But my own point of reference is the nigerian one.
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by 195(f): 12:22am On Dec 26, 2011
maybe the rich are aware that most of the poor NIGERIAN girls are gold diggers
who are in need of BB and brazilian so they are trying 2 be careful
if im dangote tomorrow, i would export all POOR NIGERIAN GIRLS AND GOLD DIGGERS to cotonu grin grin grin grin
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by iice(f): 3:58am On Dec 26, 2011
tpia@:

Rich here is referring to proper riches, aka old money, not the nouveau rich ie new money.

Especially those. The old money families. They usually only marry from the same circle.
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 4:03am On Dec 26, 2011
for status.

often times it is not by choice.
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 26, 2011
It has more to do with inheritance and the pride of a family name.A poor man shouldnt reap where he didnt sow.

1 Like

Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by wunderkiind(m): 9:24am On Feb 11, 2015
ok
Re: "why Do The Rich Only Marry The Rich?"- Linda Ikeji by obowunmi(m): 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
you attract who you are.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Short & Smallish Men Love To Marry Very Tall And Fat Women? / Trauma Of A Nigerian Young Lad. Pls, Help!! / Are These The Most Treacherous And Hated Group Of Nls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.