Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (40591 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2011
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by chino11(m): 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2011
You must be a dark soul. Are those real life pictures, now I can go to bed because mad people are now on NL. It takes an abnormal being to post this nonsense paperworks grin grin grin grin
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2011
[B]Along the canal[/B]

[B]The Marina[/B]

Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by chino11(m): 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2011
We are waiting for the day you will change the face you yorooba towns. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by chino11(m): 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2011
Present day southwest. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 10:36pm On Dec 15, 2011
24-storey business centre to be completed in 2 years

In the next 24 months, the new Eko Atlantic City will witness the emergence of a 24-storey business centre building, the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has revealed. The governor disclosed this while unveiling the reclaimed land measuring two million, four hundred square meters for the development of the city, adding that it would be a new city on the coast which will run and operate like any other city in the world.

According to him, the new city would come with 24 hours electricity, a new business centre, housing accommodation and a very efficient and reliable transportation The governor described the two million, four hundred square metres of reclaimed land as a momentous milestone in the Eko Atlantic City project. He said, “We worked very hard to find reliable partners and people like South Energyx who put their trust, energy and time as well as their belief in the integrity of the Lagos State Government to deliver the project”. “There are so many vistas and aspects to what we commemorate here today. We are reclaiming and restoring the geographical territory of Lagos State and by extension Federal Republic of Nigeria. We are reclaiming land that has been lost to the Atlantic year on year through uncontrollable erosion that has now been brought under control.”

He explained that during the rains of 2007 there were waves that were as high as 70metres that was buffeting the coastline but the great walls of Lagos which is the walls in front of the Atlantic City protected the residents of Ikoyi, Victoria Island and Lagos from being submerged by flood. “That wall is still a work in progress but it has started doing its job. It would be the wall that will ultimately defend the new island from the Atlantic Ocean forever. We will walk this talk with our partners because the future for us is clearly defined,” he said.

The Commissioner for Waterfront Infrastructural Development, Prince Segun Oniru, said the overall concept of Eko Atlantic City development is to restore land lost to the coastal erosion since 1905. He added that the city would also provide a permanent solution to the erosion problem and a robust sea wall along the new shoreline. He explained that within the city, the facilities to be expected included international standard road network, surface water drainage, dedicated electrical power generation plant with underground distribution, water supply, treatment and distribution, network of service duct to provide IT services and a world class Central Business District (CBD). Also present at the ceremony were members of the State Executive Council and top management of South Energyx Limited led by the Chairman, Mr. Ronald Chagoury.
http://nationalmirroronline.net/features/8240.html
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 10:38pm On Dec 15, 2011

Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by chino11(m): 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2011
Chai, this is what fashola caused by printing all these beautiful pictures for such gullible minds like you to be jazzed with it. Quit this ganja for your good.  grin
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2011

Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by chino11(m): 11:07pm On Dec 15, 2011
Pictures upon pictures for gullible soul. Chaii. What are you smoking? Are you really this daft? Goodnight in your rubbish.
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by CyberG: 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2011
^^ The project is not funded by the LASG but private investors. However, being situated in a different part of the country other than that of Chino11 seems to be the issue here. I suggest you contact the private investors to relocate their investment to your area and stop your blind barbaric tribalism and bigotry.
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by sartorius(m): 11:36pm On Dec 15, 2011
i yearn to see this project kickstart
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2011
sartorius:

i yearn to see this project kickstart

The first skyscraper is under construction,
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 11:39pm On Dec 15, 2011
CyberG:

^^ The project is not funded by the LASG but private investors. However, being situated in a different part of the country other than that of Chino11 seems to be the issue here. I suggest you contact the private investors to relocate their investment to your area and stop your blind barbaric tribalism and bigotry.

Very well said. Unfortunately, paying attention to trolls only empowers them, they are here to troll, not to reason with your or any sense and wisdom.

The best weapon against trolls is to ignore them, they'll eventually flame out,
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2011

Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by ak47mann(m): 3:09am On Dec 16, 2011
chinno my lungs down burst i swear down eeehh cheesy cheesy
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by Nobody: 3:13am On Dec 16, 2011
ak47mann:

chinno my lungs down burst i swear down eeehh cheesy cheesy

And what exactly is so funny? It takes very little to get you really excited, right?
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by Jenifa1: 3:19am On Dec 16, 2011
i'm not impressed. na oyinbo and chinese dey build am.

when we nigerians can build our own skyscraper, I will come back and cheer.

1 Like

Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by ak47mann(m): 3:26am On Dec 16, 2011
Aigbofa:

And what exactly is so funny? It takes very little to get you really excited, right?
na waoo whats ur own? ok u wan put down ur one of the best invention of all times, ur Armour paper tank autonov1 part one cheesy cheesy to keep the flow sweet grin
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 3:47am On Dec 16, 2011
[B]October 2011 Visit (Helen Clark)[/B]

[B]EKO Atlantic City, a multi-billion land reclamation initiative, which brings together private investors aiming to build a 21st century city that will become the financial centre of Africa, in response to the triple challenges of coastal erosion, land scarcity, and the demographic growth of Nigeria’s economic capital whose population is estimated at close to 20 million.[/B]

[B]Courtesy of United Nations Development Programme[/B]
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 3:48am On Dec 16, 2011
[B]Alderman Michael Bear, Lord Mayor of the City of London with David Frame, MD South Energyx Nigeria Limited during his visit to Eko Atlantic City Office[/B]

[B]Courtesy of British High Commission, Abuja[/B]
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by Nobody: 3:50am On Dec 16, 2011
ak47mann:

na waoo whats your own? ok u wan put down your one of the best invention of all times, your Armour paper tank autonov1 part one cheesy cheesy to keep the flow sweet grin

Smart investors are putting billions in Lagos and all you can do is sneer like a bad loser! Look at the array of world class retailers coming to a mall near you in Lagos! The days of second hand cloth sellers are numbered in Lagos, and some people seems to have a hard time digesting it.
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 3:52am On Dec 16, 2011
Aigbofa:

Smart investors are putting billions in Lagos and all you can do is sneer like a bad loser! Look at the array of world class retailers coming to a mall near you in Lagos! The days of second hand cloth sellers are numbered in Lagos, and some people seems to have a hard time digesting it.

Who do you really expect from sad and narrow minded villagers?
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 3:52am On Dec 16, 2011

Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 3:54am On Dec 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

Ignorant olodo. Are these not Nigerians?

Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 3:55am On Dec 16, 2011

Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by ak47mann(m): 4:24am On Dec 16, 2011
Aigbofa:

Am not against investor at all,just be real i know Nigeria is a failed state and lack of maintenance and implementation drags us back and their is still a lot to do to catch up,it really a painful thing that investors are scared to invest in Nigeria, country that was known for agricultural exports around the world.Nigeria even gave Malaysia free palm nuts to take home why?are the minister in-charge of agricultural affairs dumb?why showing them your secrecy, now Malaysia is number one in palm oil export in the world, same as rubber cocoa,
All am saying is Nigeria should encourage their local farmers engineers invest more in them they can bring in outside investors the more the better,but you know their is no maintenance culture which i blame the govt cos if you as an engineer maintain Bridges for example, even after Ur master leaves you,u can carry on from there and with time as an engineer you can actually develop better designs that even whiteman will copy us,but is unfortunate and very sad,we end up like these.

eko ile stop talking like a kid,you don't need to insult[b] jenifa [/b]for saying the truth,why will it be a white man leading them on those pictures slave boy.
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by ektbear: 4:35am On Dec 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

It is doubtful that the investors looking to profit and creating jobs are really looking for you to cheer grin

Their profits will cheer for them, lol.
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by EkoIle1: 4:38am On Dec 16, 2011
ak47mann:

Am not against investor at all,just be real i know Nigeria is a failed state and lack of maintenance and implementation drags us back  and their is still a lot to do to catch up,it really a painful thing that investors are scared to invest in Nigeria, country that was known for agricultural exports around the world.Nigeria even gave Malaysia free palm nuts to take home why?are the minister in-charge  of agricultural affairs dumb?why showing them your secrecy, now Malaysia is number one in palm oil export in the world, same as rubber cocoa,
All am saying is Nigeria should encourage their local farmers engineers invest more in them they can bring in outside investors  the more the better,but you know their is no maintenance culture which i blame the govt cos if you as an engineer maintain Bridges for example, even after your master leaves you,u can carry on from there and with time as an engineer you can actually develop better designs that even whiteman will copy us,but is unfortunate and very sad,we end up like these.

eko ile stop talking like a kid,you don't need to insult[b] jenifa [/b]for saying the truth,why will it be a white man leading them on those pictures slave boy.

1. You are here talking about the need to lobby for investment, but at the same time you are running around badmouthing the same investments in Lagos state just because it's not in your village. Are you bipolar or it's the same tribal and hating issues?

2. I know your government has a terrible maintenance culture, but this is a private project with private ownership maintenance culture

3.What was right about what Jenifa posted? That was ignorance on his/her part simply because their are tons of Nigerians working on that project as depicted in the pictures I posted. You know the white mind is leading them because you were standing next to them or it's just your black man mentality that a black man can not do anything without the white man cracking the whip? Do you even know their qualifications?

You have some serious slave mentality.

4. Ignorance is lack of knowledge and what he/she posted reflected her lack of knowledge, not an insult.
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by manny4life(m): 4:45am On Dec 16, 2011
As much as the reclamation project is a great thing to Lagos, I couldn't help but comment on the "The days of second hand cloth sellers are numbered in Lagos", like really? Even the U.S. of all places, thanks to Walmart has just about same clothing and second hand and thrift stores do just about same, let alone in Nigeria where according to that same U.N. Stats we all reject where more than 70% live under $1. Please, this a project of milestone but you saying second hand clothing are numbered, YEAH RIGHT. Tell that to the majority of population who patronize them.
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by ak47mann(m): 4:47am On Dec 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

1. You are here talking about the need to lobby for investment, but at the same time you are running around badmouthing the same investments in Lagos state[b] just because it's not in your village[/b]. Are you bipolar or it's the same tribal and hating issues?

2. I know your government has a terrible maintenance culture, but this is a private project with private ownership maintenance culture

3.What was right about what Jenifa posted? That was ignorance on his/her part simply because their are tons of Nigerians working on that project as depicted in the pictures I posted. You know the white mind is leading them because you were standing next to them or it's just your black man mentality that a black man can not do anything without the white man cracking the whip? Do you even know their qualifications?

You have some serious slave mentality.

4. Ignorance is lack of knowledge and what he/she posted reflected her lack of knowledge, not an insult.

look my friend am not jealous at all,my village is actually a city grin all these projects you are displaying for us here is just has to be done to prevent tsunami,my nnewi no get sea.and not as big as lagos state cool
Re: First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 16, 2011
manny4life:

As much as the reclamation project is a great thing to Lagos, I couldn't help but comment on the "The days of second hand cloth sellers are numbered in Lagos", like really? Even the U.S. of all places, thanks to Walmart has just about same clothing and second hand and thrift stores do just about same, let alone in Nigeria where according to that same U.N. Stats we all reject where more than 70% live under $1. Please, this a project of milestone but you saying second hand clothing are numbered, YEAH RIGHT. Tell that to the majority of population who patronize them.

My apologies if you own a second hand clothing store. I was merely stating the obvious.

They are going out of fashion, and eventually out of business, trust me. Just like in the States, you will still have your thrift stores, but they won't be your first point of call.
I don't understand what you are trying to say about Wal-Mart and second hand clothes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lawyer, Malcolm Omirhobo, Appears In Traditional Outfit At Supreme Court / Allison Madueke Released On Bail In London (Video With Bodyguards) / Peter Obi Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.