Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865045 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by phillymools: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2012
Hello Justwise, pls I'll like your advise to this. I've been granted an oFfer letter to study in the uk for jan 2013,yet to pay my fees tho but i av some questions:
1)the DOB on my waec sayz March 2nd instead of feb 3rd
2)my middle wasnt spelt correctly,spelt as ocghogho instead of oghogho.

can i swear affidavt on both cases?or what do u think i do? sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2012
phillymools: Hello Justwise, pls I'll like your advise to this. I've been granted an oFfer letter to study in the uk for jan 2013,yet to pay my fees tho but i av some questions:
1)the DOB on my waec sayz March 2nd instead of feb 3rd
2)my middle wasnt spelt correctly,spelt as ocghogho instead of oghogho.

can i swear affidavt on both cases?or what do u think i do? sad
Yes you need to get affidavt to cover those mistakes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
Ok thanks.and before I forget I tried looking if I could see a forum on dependant visa for tier 4.after securing my visa I plan on applying for my wife and daughter.I would be doing my final year in ba in marketing.I want to know if I qualify to bring my family or not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bato231: 5:56am On Oct 21, 2012
justwise:

You are not only expected to leave the money until the visa is out but to have to money available to you in the UK.

Withdrawing the money before the visa is issued or coming to the UK without the money is risky.

The list is ok but make sure that the account you will be submitting is in your name.

Hello,
@justwise
Thanks for the info. the statement of account(access bank) is in my name.
penfold:

In addition to what Justwise said,make sure the money in your account is sufficient for the balance of your tution fees and the maintenance funds and its there for 28 days. What I mean is this, you have paid 5000 GBP tution dep to the school,and u are adding another 5000 GBP to the 7,200 GBP maintenance,does that means that your tution is 10000 GBP? If it is no probs, If not then the balance has to be in your account.

@penfold
thanks to you, my tuition fees is 9650pounds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:36am On Oct 21, 2012
dove30: Ok thanks.and before I forget I tried looking if I could see a forum on dependant visa for tier 4.after securing my visa I plan on applying for my wife and daughter.I would be doing my final year in ba in marketing.I want to know if I qualify to bring my family or not

penfold gave you an answer in previous page.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ishowdels(m): 11:38am On Oct 22, 2012
Pals,pls am a novice here...did nt knw such exists on nairaland...pls I need all materials and infor for student visa cos i want to start processing my Msc in uk...any1 could be helpful..my email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 12:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ishowdels: Pals,pls am a novice here...did nt knw such exists on nairaland...pls I need all materials and infor for student visa cos i want to start processing my Msc in uk...any1 could be helpful..my email
First Step, MSc in which field,make up your mind on that first, then you can proceed to find out where the course is offered and when you want to start,January, April or September depending on the course, the school and your finances (I must say Google will be your friend here...Laffs)
Find out their entry requirements, bearing in mind that a UK Masters is NOT CHEAP and it might not be route to migrating permanently to UK!!!
Then you apply for admission...simple!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by aeda: 11:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
Hello,
i've been refused the uk visa a second time .The first time it was because the full money 9450gbp i paid to my school was not reflected on my CAS only the initial deposit of 3450 so the eco concluded that all the fees were not paid despite the official receipts i included. he said as a result of that the money in the bank statement was insufficient.Now the second time i was able to prove that i paid all the fees and the money in the bank statement was the correct amount , the eco said my extension letter covered me just up to the 16th of oct so he's unsure i would still be permitted into the uk to commence studies this semester .i've paid all my fees and accomodation costs ,my school has already been notified and would be sending me a new offer letter/CAS details .would begin running fresh bank statements for 28days .

From what i've been able to explain ,hope i am safe and i am still ok to apply again when the bank statement is ready .Is there any document i need to add or something i am missing . would be glad to get a reply soon .Thank you!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 1:20am On Oct 23, 2012
aeda: Hello,
i've been refused the uk visa a second time .The first time it was because the full money 9450gbp i paid to my school was not reflected on my CAS only the initial deposit of 3450 so the eco concluded that all the fees were not paid despite the official receipts i included. he said as a result of that the money in the bank statement was insufficient.Now the second time i was able to prove that i paid all the fees and the money in the bank statement was the correct amount , the eco said my extension letter covered me just up to the 16th of oct so he's unsure i would still be permitted into the uk to commence studies this semester .i've paid all my fees and accomodation costs ,my school has already been notified and would be sending me a new offer letter/CAS details .would begin running fresh bank statements for 28days .

From what i've been able to explain ,hope i am safe and i am still ok to apply again when the bank statement is ready .Is there any document i need to add or something i am missing . would be glad to get a reply soon .Thank you!!
. Hello from all what you hve stated I feel u still stand a good chance to get your visa.re-apply when the 28 day count is over.where they ask wether you have been refused tick yes and just make sure your new cas shows what you have paid the school and the money in your account covers your required maintenance funds.you don't need more documents oher than your transcript stated in your cas letter that you used to gain admission to the school.don't panic you have a very high percentage of getting it now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Detoyl: 12:36pm On Oct 23, 2012
hello my ppl uk no see place push us go. Av collected my visa today.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by newsbest007: 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
It's always great to hear people sharing their success stories, while it's also difficult hearing people talk about their inability to secure their visa. I've learnt a lot from the wonderful people here. However, i also have my problem which i want to share. i've applied for a UK Tier 4 Visa since August 13, 2012 and as of now i've not received my decision yet. the last time i heard from the British High Commission in Ghana i was told they were still working on my application. Folks, we are talking about almost 50 working days and my status still reads, "My application has been forwarded to the BHC". I got in touch with my college and i was informed that they had an issue to resolve with the UKBA. I was however told that i should not be worried since it was not going to affect my application. The college informed me last thursday that they were going to update my CAS and send it to UKBA to cater for the delay. What do u guys think about my situation. Anyone with such an experience?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
newsbest007: It's always great to hear people sharing their success stories, while it's also difficult hearing people talk about their inability to secure their visa. I've learnt a lot from the wonderful people here. However, i also have my problem which i want to share. i've applied for a UK Tier 4 Visa since August 13, 2012 and as of now i've not received my decision yet. the last time i heard from the British High Commission in Ghana i was told they were still working on my application. Folks, we are talking about almost 50 working days and my status still reads, "My application has been forwarded to the BHC". I got in touch with my college and i was informed that they had an issue to resolve with the UKBA. I was however told that i should not be worried since it was not going to affect my application. The college informed me last thursday that they were going to update my CAS and send it to UKBA to cater for the delay. What do u guys think about my situation. Anyone with such an experience?
What is the name of your college?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
newsbest007: It's always great to hear people sharing their success stories, while it's also difficult hearing people talk about their inability to secure their visa. I've learnt a lot from the wonderful people here. However, i also have my problem which i want to share. i've applied for a UK Tier 4 Visa since August 13, 2012 and as of now i've not received my decision yet. the last time i heard from the British High Commission in Ghana i was told they were still working on my application. Folks, we are talking about almost 50 working days and my status still reads, "My application has been forwarded to the BHC". I got in touch with[b] my college and i was informed that they had an issue to resolve with the UKBA.[/b] I was however told that i should not be worried since it was not going to affect my application. The college informed me last thursday that they were going to update my CAS and send it to UKBA to cater for the delay. What do u guys think about my situation. Anyone with such an experience?

That's a really long time. Did they tell you what the issue was? I think you will be fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
newsbest007: It's always great to hear people sharing their success stories, while it's also difficult hearing people talk about their inability to secure their visa. I've learnt a lot from the wonderful people here. However, i also have my problem which i want to share. i've applied for a UK Tier 4 Visa since August 13, 2012 and as of now i've not received my decision yet. the last time i heard from the British High Commission in Ghana i was told they were still working on my application. Folks, we are talking about almost 50 working days and my status still reads, "My application has been forwarded to the BHC". I got in touch with my college and i was informed that they had an issue to resolve with the UKBA. I was however told that i should not be worried since it was not going to affect my application. The college informed me last thursday that they were going to update my CAS and send it to UKBA to cater for the delay. What do u guys think about my situation. Anyone with such an experience?
Wow! 50 working days
Well, Since your school said they are having issues with the UKBA, I think the first thing you need to is to check whether they are still on the register of sponsors, if they are, what is their status?(By the way, which school is that?) Then u might need to send an email to the UKBA in your country (Ghana,I guess...from your post) telling them that your school informed you that they are having an issue with them,and that they will issue a new CAS therefore you want to ascertain exactly what your status is...mebbe that might throw up something useful....thats what I think you should do, although I believe Justwise's input is seriousy needed in this case too, his wide experience will be useful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by aeda: 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
@detoyl...congratulations!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
@Justwise
Oops,didnt know you'd responded,October is almost ending,do you think that its still possible for him to commence studies this session? Even if he were given a visa,is it practicable for him to join a postgraduate class mid-semester? Just wondering??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2012
penfold: @Justwise
Oops,didnt know you'd responded,October is almost ending,do you think that its still possible for him to commence studies this session? Even if he were given a visa,is it practicable for him to join a postgraduate class mid-semester? Just wondering??

I'm guessing the college is suspend.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by newsbest007: 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
Aldgate College London. As of the time i applied, the college's name was on the UKBA register of sponsors, but in the latter part of August their name was taken out of the register. I spoke to the college this afternoon and i was informed that theu have generated another CAS for students who were affected. i've been told that i'll receive an update of my CAS on friday and that information will be sent to the BHC. I'm not that desperate, but i hate the fact that they've had my documents for this long.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2012
newsbest007: Aldgate College London. As of the time i applied, the college's name was on the UKBA register of sponsors, but in the latter part of August their name was taken out of the register. I spoke to the college this afternoon and i was informed that theu have generated another CAS for students who were affected. i've been told that i'll receive an update of my CAS on friday and that information will be sent to the BHC. I'm not that desperate, but i hate the fact that they've had my documents for this long.

If they are suspended as it seems at the moment then UKBA will not issue you a visa until the issue is resolved.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
@j
justwise:

If they are suspended as it seems at the moment then UKBA will not issue you a visa until the issue is resolved.
But isnt that kinda strange,irregular and kinda fishy, if they are not on the register of sponsors,how are they going to issue a new CAS,since they don't have access to the sponsor management system of the UKBA again How can they now promise that they will issue a new CAS,that sounds fraudulent to me o,but then I might be wrong! But don't you think he should start requesting for a refund now, and start looking for another school?
That sounds brutal but honestly wouldnt that be his best option now? Or what do you think?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2012
@Justwise,
I dont think the school is accredited for postgraduate studies. Even before they had issues,their accreditation was for some diploma courses,Pls go through this report.(Uploaded)
@Poster,let justwise go through this report and advise accordingly, mebbe it might be prudent to start thinking of a refund and other alternatives

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by newsbest007: 6:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
@Penfold. i appreciate your straightforwardness. Well, level 7 diploma strategic management is a postgraduate diploma course. I opted for that course because my cousin is studying there. He secured a visa for the April intake, and he didn't have this problem whatsoever.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 6:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
newsbest007:
@Penfold. i appreciate your straightforwardness. Well, level 7 diploma strategic management is a postgraduate diploma course. I opted for that course because my cousin is studying there. He secured a visa for the April intake, and he didn't have this problem whatsoever.
Oops, my mistake!!
I assumed it was a masters programme.
Well, since they were initially accredited for that course,and the issues they are having now,based on that report is that they have been told to review their standards,you just might have to wait untill they are cleared. Especially since u were aware of the courses they were accredited for before applying. So just excercise patience,although I still dont see how they can issues a CAS unless they've been cleared.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by newsbest007: 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
They didn't say they are issuing a new CAS. They said they will update it to deal with the delay since it has affected those who were supposed to have enrolled in september. If they think there is some fraud involved why will the BHC keep my documents for that long? The truth is that the CAS i was issued stated that my latest joining date was 28th September. When i sent an email to the BHC, they replied that my application has been deferred for further checks. I think probably they are not allowed to inform me about the issue they are having with the college hence that response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Detoyl: 6:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
aeda: @detoyl...congratulations!!
thanks man.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
newsbest007: They didn't say they are issuing a new CAS. They said they will update it to deal with the delay since it has affected those who were supposed to have enrolled in september. If they think there is some fraud involved why will the BHC keep my documents for that long? The truth is that the CAS i was issued stated that my latest joining date was 28th September. When i sent an email to the BHC, they replied that my application has been deferred for further checks. I think probably they are not allowed to inform me about the issue they are having with the college hence that response.
Then all you need is patience then,if you go through that report,I think a decision was supposed to have been made by today 23 Oct,2012.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:37pm On Oct 23, 2012
penfold: @j
But isnt that kinda strange,irregular and kinda fishy, if they are not on the register of sponsors,how are they going to issue a new CAS,since they don't have access to the sponsor management system of the UKBA again How can they now promise that they will issue a new CAS,that sounds fraudulent to me o,but then I might be wrong! But don't you think he should start requesting for a refund now, and start looking for another school?
That sounds brutal but honestly wouldnt that be his best option now? Or what do you think?

One thing those colleges will not tell you is that they are suspended, they rather encourage you to defer your admission with them than refunding you. Getting a refund is always a battle.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2012
Good afternoon just wise and nairalanders.

I need an advise on my visa issue.

I submitted my application since 03 of this month. My school resumed on monday but where informed of my visa been delayed in the BHC. The school contacted BHC and they got a response asking them to give another resumption date since I won't be able to join the school for resumption and january was advised by the school.

So I wanna ask if my visa will be processed or will they hold on till wen the time approaches cos today marks it 16 working days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chatmate: 1:00pm On Oct 24, 2012
@justwise and vcjustice.. pls help i ve got an admission from grafton college ireland, i m having problem with sponsor account. what shud i do pls reply.. b4 i pay the schl fees i want to know about sponsors account, since this is not like uk student visa application. i was thinking 2.5m in account would be ok? thx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2012
emmy4eve: Good afternoon just wise and nairalanders.

I submitted my application since 03 of this month. My school resumed on monday but where informed of my visa been delayed in the BHC. The school contacted BHC and they got a response asking them to give another resumption date since I won't be able to join the school for resumption and january was advised by the school.

So I wanna ask if my visa will be processed or will they hold on till wen the time approaches cos today marks it 16 working days.

Hello justwise. Still expecting your response.

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2012
emmy4eve: Good afternoon just wise and nairalanders.

If the school advice you to defer your application to Jan then do that because the embassy may have to consider your school's advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2012
chatmate: @justwise and vcjustice.. pls help i ve got an admission from grafton college ireland, i m having problem with sponsor account. what shud i do pls reply.. b4 i pay the schl fees i want to know about sponsors account, since this is not like uk student visa application. i was thinking 2.5m in account would be ok? thx

What problem do you have with sponsor's account?

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.