Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864999 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 9:35pm On Oct 24, 2012
I have done the deferral and advised the school to transfer my resumption date.

The main issue now is my application marks day 16 today so I want to ask if the application will be processed now and my visa issued towards january or will they hold on till wen resumption approaches.

Thanks justwise. Awaiting ur response on this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:45pm On Oct 24, 2012
emmy4eve: I have done the deferral and advised the school to transfer my resumption date.

The main issue now is my application marks day 16 today so I want to ask if the application will be processed now and my visa issued towards january or will they hold on till wen resumption approaches.

Thanks justwise. Awaiting ur response on this

Ask your school to email the BHC about the deferral and you email them as well so that your visa will be issued for Jan. The earlier you do that the better.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 24, 2012
I applied for a tier4 visa on d 2nd of Oct.b4 I applied to the ukba I asked the school if I will be given an extension,after I submitted the school gave me permission to start late,today went to the vfs in lagos to collect my application and I was denied a visa on  grounds that my school wrote to  ukba intimating them that any intake after  19th wnt be accepted,I was wondering y de will do that after given me permission to start late bearing in mind I made my application on  2nd,m at a fix,I don't know what 2do? Should I ask for a new cas attach  letters showing permission to come as a late start or just defer  admission to next year? Justwise pls I need your advice on this.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by rosyluv2k3: 5:39am On Oct 25, 2012
Guys,

I have an issue here. I got my visa and i'm already in the UK but my child's application was refused based on the fact that his dad wont be coming to UK and we've not made necessary arrangements for his upkeep since he wont be coming with us.

We had the under listed in the application which they didnt complain about anyways:
1. Application form
2. Bank statement with more than enough money held for over 28days
3. Parents details e.g passport, visa etc. His dad studied also in the UK and noe lives in USA permanently
4. Letter from his dad
5. So many pics
6. Past visas we all had together.

We have an appeal for 28days and i've been trying everything possible to get a creche but no space everywhere.

Please advise on what i can do and the dad is not ready to give up US for the UK as he has a very good job over there.

Guys please advise.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 5:47am On Oct 25, 2012
Good morning just wise.

my school have informed BHC about my deferal and they acknowledged the mail.
Do I still need to inform BHC since my school has done dat on my behalf?
Also my visa application has spent 16 working days with the BHC and tot it shd be out already or will the deferal process affect or make tHem hold on till when my resumption approaches?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:33am On Oct 25, 2012
JK26: I applied for a tier4 visa on d 2nd of Oct.b4 I applied to the ukba I asked the school if I will be given an extension,after I submitted the school gave me permission to start late,today went to the vfs in lagos to collect my application and I was denied a visa on  grounds that my school wrote to  ukba intimating them that any intake after  19th wnt be accepted,I was wondering y de will do that after given me permission to start late bearing in mind I made my application on  2nd,m at a fix,I don't know what 2do? Should I ask for a new cas attach  letters showing permission to come as a late start or just defer  admission to next year? Justwise pls I need your advice on this.thanks

Don't ask for another CAS, its really too late now, go for Jan admission, ask your school if they do Jan admission and defer it till then.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:38am On Oct 25, 2012
emmy4eve: Good morning just wise.

my school have informed BHC about my deferal and they acknowledged the mail.
Do I still need to inform BHC since my school has done dat on my behalf?
Also my visa application has spent 16 working days with the BHC and tot it shd be out already or will the deferal process affect or make tHem hold on till when my resumption approaches?

I don't think you need to worry again since your school has done that, wait and see when the visa comes out, if it does not cover the duration of your course from Jan then you request for it to be corrected.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:48am On Oct 25, 2012
rosyluv2k3: Guys,

I have an issue here. I got my visa and i'm already in the UK but my child's application was refused based on the fact that his dad wont be coming to UK and we've not made necessary arrangements for his upkeep since he wont be coming with us.

We had the under listed in the application which they didnt complain about anyways:
1. Application form
2. Bank statement with more than enough money held for over 28days
3. Parents details e.g passport, visa etc. His dad studied also in the UK and noe lives in USA permanently
4. Letter from his dad
5. So many pics
6. Past visas we all had together.

We have an appeal for 28days and i've been trying everything possible to get a creche but no space everywhere.

Please advise on what i can do and the dad is not ready to give up US for the UK as he has a very good job over there.

Guys please advise.

Thanks

Reapplying would have been the best decision rather than appealing, without making adequate child-care arrangement appealing the decision will not get the required result.

Ask around for nanny who will come from time to time to look after your baby since your hubby is not joining you. Search online for creche in your local area, you definitely get one. If you got the arrangement in place then re-apply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by rosyluv2k3: 7:01am On Oct 25, 2012
We were going to do that but my husband spoke with his lawyer and he said we dont need to appeal but he will just petition the consular with all paperwork we used for the application but now adding creche details and evidence of where i stay right now.

Do you think that is advisable or we go the route of making another application? Although, the lawyer route we save us paying another application fee just the lawyer fee which is a lot cheaper.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:18am On Oct 25, 2012
rosyluv2k3: We were going to do that but my husband spoke with his lawyer and he said we dont need to appeal but he will just petition the consular with all paperwork we used for the application but now adding creche details and evidence of where i stay right now.

Do you think that is advisable or we go the route of making another application? Although, the lawyer route we save us paying another application fee just the lawyer fee which is a lot cheaper.

Is either you appeal the refusal which will cost £80(paper hearing) or £140 (oral hearing) OR you go for administrative review which will cost nothing but you are not allowed to submit any supporting evidence.

If you want to appeal then you need show evidence that child care arrangement has been made.

All these processes will take at least 3months.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pearls777: 8:21am On Oct 25, 2012
Detoyl: hello my ppl uk no see place push us go. Av collected my visa today.

Congrats Detoyl! Sorry its coming late. Wish you all the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by rosyluv2k3: 8:51am On Oct 25, 2012
Thanks Justwise. We will petition the consular, just that we are not been lucky yet with getting a nanny. Its a pain.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by newsbest007: 9:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
Folks! considering that my documents have been kept by the BHC for over 50 working days, what do you think the decision will be when the UKBA successfully resolve the issue with my college and they are reinstated? I'm asking this because i feel that if they had other reason's to refuse me aside the issues with my college they probably will have given my documents back to me long time ago. i submitted my application with all my documents stated in my CAS and also produced a bank statement for 28 working days making sure that it didn't fall below the 9000 pounds on any day. my statement spans from June 8 to July 23rd. I need your opinions guys... thank u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 9:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
newsbest007: Folks! considering that my documents have been kept by the BHC for over 50 working days, what do you think the decision will be when the UKBA successfully resolve the issue with my college and they are reinstated? I'm asking this because i feel that if they had other reason's to refuse me aside the issues with my college they probably will have given my documents back to me long time ago. i submitted my application with all my documents stated in my CAS and also produced a bank statement for 28 working days making sure that it didn't fall below the 9000 pounds on any day. my statement spans from June 8 to July 23rd. I need your opinions guys... thank u
Actually,they should have sorted out the issue by now...I'm actually taking an interest in this situation by the way.Going by their guidelines available from UKBA website,if there is any other reason for refusal,general grounds for refusal etc etc,they would have refused long ago,since they've not refused,it can be said that the school issue is the reason for the delay!
Having said that,let me point out to you that there's a place in that form that mentions that the money in your account will continue to be available for your use during your studies,the ECO might decide to confirm whether the money is still being held in the account after the issue is resolved considering the fact that the statement of account is over 3 months.I think thats d only thing u have to be careful about.Also,they might not confirm...it depends on d ECO!!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by newsbest007: 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
You guys are well informed about uk immigration issues and I'm glad I found this site. It's so great. @pen I think I'm good. But where did u get the information that ukba and my college should have resolved the issue by now. It seems within this short period you've been able to bring out certain stuff that I didn't know about. You guys should continue with your good inputs. God will bless u all. That's the African spirit, sense of communal living and not individualism. We share our problems and everyone tries to help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Detoyl: 2:53am On Oct 26, 2012
pls is it possible to book a flight to london on d day u are going via lagos.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
Thanks justwise.
Got a text message this morning that my visa application is ready for collection.
Will be going tomorrow and surely share my positive testimony IJN
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
emmy4eve: Thanks justwise.
Got a text message this morning that my visa application is ready for collection.
Will be going tomorrow and surely share my positive testimony IJN

Ok, fingers crossed it will be good news.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 31, 2012
Hello guys

I'm still waiting to hear from the embassy comcerning my study visit visa. My short course starts in 3 days and i'm very worried at this point
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gokeke(m): 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2012
hi people,can the 28 days deposit in an applicants account be in a fixed deposit account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by martin09(m): 8:45am On Nov 04, 2012
Hello house please i have a question to ask, i applied to study msc at a uk university and have been given an offer and am about paying the tuition deposit but i have alittle issue, i didnt write toefl or ielts becauase i used my waec english language result in lieu of this, but unfortunately i misplaced my waec original certificate when i was serving but lickily for me i kept a scanned copy of the certificate and that was what i sent to the school for admission so my fear now is will the embassy accept this scanned copy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 11:29am On Nov 04, 2012
martin09: Hello house please i have a question to ask, i applied to study msc at a uk university and have been given an offer and am about paying the tuition deposit but i have alittle issue, i didnt write toefl or ielts becauase i used my waec english language result in lieu of this, but unfortunately i misplaced my waec original certificate when i was serving but lickily for me i kept a scanned copy of the certificate and that was what i sent to the school for admission so my fear now is will the embassy accept this scanned copy?

Pls go to WAEC office and apply for comfirmation of Result, dis wuld be sent 2d embassy on ur behalf den notify d sch dah Ʊ av scanned copy cus the original mayb requested 4during. Registration bt if ur. Lucky dey didn't ask 4it fine and. Gud bt 4d purpose of visa, WAEC office is d best&oli option...cheeers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
Hi Justwise, I just got back from the Visa office. Was denied visa. However one thing that got me confused was in the refusal letter, after listing each reason why i was refused, they kept referring to me as a business visitor when I applied as a student visitor. That aside, I'm not sure if I should appeal or just apply again. I was able to defer my short course to January 2013 so I have 2months to sort this visa issue out. Please advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2012
ayonaledi: Hi Justwise, I just got back from the Visa office. Was denied visa. However one thing that got me confused was in the refusal letter, after listing each reason why i was refused, they kept referring to me as a business visitor when I applied as a student visitor. That aside, I'm not sure if I should appeal or just apply again. I was able to defer my short course to January 2013 so I have 2months to sort this visa issue out. Please advice
Well, since its a short course you are going for and you applied as a student visitor, the rules are different from that of Tier 4, and to be able to answer your question, there are some things you need to clarify:-
1. Which form did you fill, it will help if you can give the reference number of the form
2. Could you state the reasons they gave for denying the Visa
3. Which Institution did u apply to and whats the exact start and end date of the course as specified in your offer letter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 4:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
ayonaledi: Hi Justwise, I just got back from the Visa office. Was denied visa. However one thing that got me confused was in the refusal letter, after listing each reason why i was refused, they kept referring to me as a business visitor when I applied as a student visitor. That aside, I'm not sure if I should appeal or just apply again. I was able to defer my short course to January 2013 so I have 2months to sort this visa issue out. Please advice
To come to the UK as a student visitor, you must have been accepted on a course of study in the UK. The institution that provides the course must be:
a licensed sponsor under Tier 4 of the points-based system - you can download a list (or 'register') of sponsors from the right side of this page; or
[/b]accredited by Accreditation UK or the Accreditation Body for Language Services (ABLS), which offer accreditation service for providers of English Language courses; [b]or

accredited by the British Accreditation Council (BAC) or the Accreditation Service for International Colleges (ASIC), which offer accreditation for a range of institutions and courses; or
inspected or audited by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, the Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted), HM Inspectorate of Education (in Scotland), Estyn (in Wales), the Education and Training Inspectorate (in Northern Ireland) or the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI); or
an overseas higher education institution which offers only part of its programmes in the UK, holds its own national accreditation, and offers programmes of an equivalent level to a UK degree.

You must not intend to study at a maintained school.

You must show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:
take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;
marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor; or
receive private medical treatment.

You must also be able to show that:
you are 18 or over;
you intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months (or 11 months if you will be undertaking an English Language course - see below);
you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
you have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
you are not in transit to a country outside the 'Common Travel Area' (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).

This page contains information about the documents that you may want to provide to support your application to come to the UK as a student visitor.

If you apply for a visa, you should provide these documents with your visa application. If you travel to the UK without a visa, you should bring them with you so that you can show them to our officers at the border.

You should provide as many relevant documents as you can to show that you qualify for entry to the UK. If you do not provide them, we may refuse your application.

You must decide which documents will best support your application. We advise you to consider providing documents that contain:
information about you
information about your finances and employment
your accommodation and travel details
information about your visit to the UK

I strongly suspect that the problem is from the highlighted parts....particularly the section referrring to your finances and employment (cash lodgement?.....financial records??)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 07, 2012
Hi Penfold. I filled the student visitor form VAF1D. I registered for a short course at the London College of Fashion and was sent a visa support letter from the school which I attached to the application. My mother is co-owner of an insurance broking firm and I applied stating her as my sponsor. But I am self employed and I supplied information about the name of my business in the relevant fields. I make ankara accessories and I also train people on how to make them. My mother is sending me to LCF to take a bag making course. I attached the following documents to my application:
Letter of sponsorship signed by her and the company secretary
Board resolution in respect of sponsorship
Certificate of incorporation of the company
Form CO7
Bank statement of the company
Bio data page of my mum's international passport (she has a running 2 year visa on it)
Proof of relationship (pictures)
Bio data page of my aunt's British passport (I planned to stay with her for the duration)
My aunt's proof of work and residence ( payslip and drivers license)
My personal bank statement

The reasons for refusal were:
1) you stated in your visa application that you are self employed and earn N93000 per month but you failed to provide evidence such as tax certificates. You also failed to provide evidence that the company (I'm assuming mine) is registered and trading. I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a business visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6months

2) on the basis of the evidence provided, you have not shown that you have any dependent relatives in your own country. You have not shown strong family or social ties to satisfy me. Therefore on the balance of probabilities, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a business visitor

3) you state that Newtide Insurance brokers will fund your trip. But you have failed to explain why they are funding your trip. (in the blank page of my form, I explained that my mum is co-owner of the broking firm and that she is sending me to UK to take a bag making course as her way of supporting my business)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
The course duration was November 3- December 11. I applied for my visa on the 11th of October. I realised I wouldn't be hearing from the visa office in time to meet the start date so on the 30th of October, i transferred my course to another start date (January)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Danielh(m): 7:16pm On Nov 07, 2012
pls,i want to visit a relative in the uk,and what im i gonna need,,i currently live in georgia,,thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 07, 2012
What i dont understand is If I applied stating I have a sponsor, why were the reasons for refusal centered around my own financial standing/documents? All the necessary financial evidence for my sponsor was attached to my application so I'm really confused. Not sure if I should appeal cos i hear it takes really long. Was it also normal for them to have kept referring to me in the refusal lefter as a business visitor
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2012
ayonaledi: What i dont understand is If I applied stating I have a sponsor, why were the reasons for refusal centered around my own financial standing/documents? All the necessary financial evidence for my sponsor was attached to my application so I'm really confused. Not sure if I should appeal cos i hear it takes really long. Was it also normal for them to have kept referring to me in the refusal lefter as a business visitor
Its not unusual for them to ewamine your own financial standing since you've deemed it fit to include documents relating to that.
One very salient thing that they've mentioned is the evidence that your company is still in business.
The ECO stated,as a typical white man would think, that why would a company that your mother co-owns,decide to sponsor you?
I dont think you should appeal.
I think you should re-apply,this time around,include current and past tax returns of the company,in addition to all the documents you have submitted previously.
They have stated that you dont have strong ties to Nigeria,If you can show proof of your commitment to clients..maybe documented orders for your goods extending beyond your course date,or if u are married,documents to show that.or something to show them that you have a reason to come back to nigeria.
Also, attach a very very comprehensive letter from your mum,explaining how the course will enhance the profitability of the company of which she will benefit from too.
Then you too should attach a letter addressing all their reasons for rejection one by one and the step you have taken to adress their refusal reasons,in the letter,correct them that you are a student visitor and not a business visitor.
Lastly, get another letter from your school confirming your start date.
All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
Thank you. I have just finished compiling another set of documents. My mother wrote a covering letter addressing each of their reasons for refusal. She explained the sponsorship as a means of diversifying investment because I intend to set up a bag factory on my return. In addition, I will attach my certificate of business name registration to prove that steps are in place to set up my own business. You mentioned that I should attach tax returns of the company. I'm assuming you are referring to my mum's company. If yes, I have attached them to this new application.

I am not married but I can look for other document at/ways to prove ties to Nigeria

I have also written my school requesting a new support letter that shows January 2013 as my start date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
I plan to reapply on Friday. And this brings up another question: how long do I have to wait before applying again? Is the any rule of thumb as regards that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.