Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865700 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 11:34am On Jan 27, 2013
Please house is it possible to book a flight for today and travel that same day? Wat I mean is can I book a flight to heathrow today and leave today?....please everybody in here should comment or advice will appreciate it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2013
okay caleb. don't really know ao much the lounge cost.

so happy u got all d info u required and have a safe trip tomorrow.

cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 3:46pm On Jan 27, 2013
@ abba22. it depends.

its very possible for u to book a flight today and travel same day if the cost is affordable by you.

the departure date determines ao expensive or cheap your ticket will be.

cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2013
emmy4eve: @ abba22. it depends.

its very possible for u to book a flight today and travel same day if the cost is affordable by you.

the departure date determines ao expensive or cheap your ticket will be.

cheers.
thanks so much I appreciate....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 7:46am On Jan 28, 2013
You welcome sir.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 8:58am On Jan 28, 2013
abba22s: Please house is it possible to book a flight for today and travel that same day? Wat I mean is can I book a flight to heathrow today and leave today?....please everybody in here should comment or advice will appreciate it

Boss, how far? Has it been confirmed? Heading to Portsmouth today from London, which is about # hours drive from here. See you soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 10:10am On Jan 28, 2013
Just thought this information would be helpful for individuals who want to contact the BHC to know of their application status. You can call this number since the other telephone lines have been disconnected: +23494622200. They receive calls from 10:30am-12:30pm on Mondays and other days from 10:00am-12:00noon. Thanks and I hope its helpful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 11:06am On Jan 28, 2013
peteafrik88:

Boss, how far? Has it been confirmed? Heading to Portsmouth today from London, which is about # hours drive from here. See you soon
brother am still on the matter but God is surely behind all of us...am not scared of any outcome am covered.. Anyways just update me wit d housing ish anyhow it goes..thanks and safe trip to portsmouth..peace
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 2:48pm On Jan 29, 2013
FutureDon:

Before Oga Justwise shares his thoughts, let me drop a few lines. I know that's a lot of money to dash out to any School. It is logical to conclude that such visa application would be refused if the required fund was not in your account for 28days before submission.

It seems your mind is made up already, deliberately allowing BHC to deny your visa application might not be a nice start to 'building' travel history. Unless you have a good travel history already(different strokes for different embassy though). I know you are trying to take precautions, luckily you might have a different story to tell as an international student. 'e no work for lagbaja no mean say e no go work for tamedo'

My opinion though. I can only wish you luck with your decisions.

@ FutureDon,thanks for your kind words
I too had thought of the merit in deliberately allowing BHC to deny my visa application might not be a nice start to 'building' my travel history which is non existent [as oyinbo prefer EU, Americas travel history] as of now
I have written to have the course deferred till September/October entry and will go to the UK [though Canada seems a better destination hustlewise]
It will also afford me the opportunity to go in orderly & prepared to the UK [and by extension the EU] instead rushing in as I would do for January
Just now have to find what to do till July/August seeing I had wound up my hustle here in anticipation of relocating out of Africa for a season of life
Though this travel section is definitely bookmarked to learn and ask questions from those who have the answers
Thanks again, am grateful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 6:54pm On Jan 29, 2013
^^^^^
Nice one bro. I understand you are looking ahead, and I've got maximum respect for people like you. All the best smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kayz77: 11:36pm On Feb 01, 2013
So. What was the outcome of Ʊя visit to vfs when U̶̲̥̅̊ got the sms dat Ʊя passport Iڪ ready.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by niyimeg: 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
PLEASE I SUBMITTD MY APPLICATION 0N JAN 11 BUH MY STATUS STILL STATE THAT MY APPLICATION IS WITH THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION....PLEASE IS IT NORMAL? COS ITS OVER 15 WORKING DAYS O
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 6:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
niyimeg: PLEASE I SUBMITTD MY APPLICATION 0N JAN 11 BUH MY STATUS STILL STATE THAT MY APPLICATION IS WITH THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION....PLEASE IS IT NORMAL? COS ITS OVER 15 WORKING DAYS O

today is ur 15th day so don worry relax a bit...remember 24th jan was public holiday...so wait...and where did u apply abuja or lagos? And please do let us know wen u receive ur SMS? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
Please Justwise help me out...
I am currently in Cyprus University and want to transfer to UK only for the representative to tell me that after i have apply for transfer, i will need to come to Nigeria and apply for Tier 4 general student visa. Can't i apply for the visa in British embassy in Cyprus?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
fados4sure: Please Justwise help me out...
I am currently in Cyprus University and want to transfer to UK only for the representative to tell me that after i have apply for transfer, i will need to come to Nigeria and apply for Tier 4 general student visa. Can't i apply for the visa in British embassy in Cyprus?
you should be able to do that as long as you are still holing valid Cyprus visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:36am On Feb 05, 2013
justwise: [/b] you should be able to do that as long as you are still holing valid Cyprus visa.
Thank you sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by phillymools: 11:14am On Feb 06, 2013
hello Justwise,i applied for student visa to the uk on the 1st of feb,2013...I had a case of stole passport of while i stated on my VAF9 form but i didnt attach police report or affidavit to back it up,will that affect my chance of getting the visa granted?or it doesnt matter since i stated it in the for already. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:19pm On Feb 06, 2013
phillymools: hello Justwise,i applied for student visa to the uk on the 1st of feb,2013...I had a case of stole passport of while i stated on my VAF9 form but i didnt attach police report or affidavit to back it up,will that affect my chance of getting the visa granted?or it doesnt matter since i stated it in the for already. Thanks.

Have you used the stolen passport to apply for UK visa before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by phillymools: 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2013
No I avent but I av used it to apply for an italian visa of which I was refused and later travelled to dubai wit the said passport before it got stole of which I stated in my VAF9 form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abiolaolu0(m): 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hope they give you ppl working permit..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2013
Wow wow wow...OMG!!!!!!!!!... GOD has done it for me oh...just got my Visa now now...thanks to God and my people here people like Oga Just2wise who answered my questions that kept me at rest...and emmyeve thanks Sir...and my Man Peterafrik we go meet for Portsmouth...thanks to everyone who asked questions and who answered questions I learnt from everyone...trust me I read part one and two of this thread back and front....abeg over excitement de worry me...I go gist na later for night...I de goo book flight now now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abiolaolu0(m): 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2013
welcome to uk...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
abba22s: Wow wow wow...OMG!!!!!!!!!... GOD has done it for me oh...just got my Visa now now...thanks to God and my people here people like Oga Just2wise who answered my questions that kept me at rest...and emmyeve thanks Sir...and my Man Peterafrik we go meet for Portsmouth...thanks to everyone who asked questions and who answered questions I learnt from everyone...trust me I read part one and two of this thread back and front....abeg over excitement de worry me...I go gist na later for night...I de goo book flight now now

Congratulation!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
congratulation brou. am so happy for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
justwise:

Congratulation!!
thanks Very much u really helped
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
emmy4eve: congratulation brou. am so happy for you.
thanks Sir u helped too....Can't stop saying thanks...and to those still awaiting pls...follow this thread and most importantly involve God in it...success to all of us in hear!!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2013
abiolaolu0: welcome to uk...
Thank Sir...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 11:25am On Feb 13, 2013
abba22s: Wow wow wow...OMG!!!!!!!!!... GOD has done it for me oh...just got my Visa now now...thanks to God and my people here people like Oga Just2wise who answered my questions that kept me at rest...and emmyeve thanks Sir...and my Man Peterafrik we go meet for Portsmouth...thanks to everyone who asked questions and who answered questions I learnt from everyone...trust me I read part one and two of this thread back and front....abeg over excitement de worry me...I go gist na later for night...I de goo book flight now now

Lwkmd.... Dey come, I dey wait u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cybil: 9:07am On Feb 14, 2013
Hey guyz, what does it when you have applied for study visa and waiting for the reply and u check ur VSF only to see this "come and collect same" pls I am dead scared, is it positive or negative ? help !
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2013
Good day mr justwise thank you for all the assistance and advice you gave when I was re applying. I am in The uk settled at the moment.there is something I need to find out please my wife is presently in a fashion. School and she. Should finish in july.we. Are trying to get her to do a short. Course. In london school of fashion in july august.from what I read I guess its. The student visitor she can apply for.the course is only about two weeks.please she would have to come with my daughter at that period.what do we have to do to get all this done.any idea about the student visitor visa and can she apply together with my daughter and also what are the requirements can my mother sponsor her.I already have accomodation for them cos where I am staying can accomodate them.please I need advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 10:37am On Feb 20, 2013
Hello Guys...in Portsmouth now...lovely place but cold no go kill sha...education like I expected(Great)and all that....housing sha try small....thanks to Justwise and others in here holding the torch of success....now am certified to help anyone

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.