Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865632 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
olu16: @ Ahononai... Just curious
Was your 5 year visa canceled? Like are u allowed to have 2 different visa types even for the same country? And how do you request the premium visa service 25k, that's what made the wait time shorter right? Never knew about thAt one. Thanks.

My visa wasn't cancelled. It is still in my passport. I can present the any of the visas anytime I visit the UK but I cannot present the Visitor visa when I come specifically for my face to face sessions.

If I say I'm coming for studies and do not have the student visitor visa, I will be refused entry even though I have a valid visitor visa.

The Premium visa service is an add on but you only qualify if you have travelled without difficulty (denial, refusal of entry etc) to the UK, US, Schengen states in the last 2 years. I asked for it in the VIP section but I think you can also request it if you qualify even if you aren't using VIP

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
Mrbeee: Bonjour. Please is any current student of Cranfield uni here? I'm looking forward to resume by October and networking right from here would be nice.

I've just finished week at Cranfield on the part time MSc..excellent choice of school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by curioz: 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
Please Justwise and co I appreciate all your efforts on this thread. I would like to know if april is a rush time for student visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
curioz: Please Justwise and co I appreciate all your efforts on this thread. I would like to know if april is a rush time for student visa application.

No its not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Mrbeee(m): 10:59am On Mar 11, 2013
thanks ahonohai for your response. i would like to exchange some private correspondences with. please drop ur email so i establish contact.
ahonohai:

I've just finished week at Cranfield on the part time MSc..excellent choice of school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:02am On Mar 11, 2013
Mrbeee: thanks ahonohai for your response. i would like to exchange some private correspondences with. please drop ur email so i establish contact.
Please do you mind keeping this discussion open here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
justwise:
Please do you mind keeping this discussion open here?

I agree with Justwise...please ask the questions openly and I will do my best to answer as much as I can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Mrbeee(m): 10:47am On Mar 13, 2013
ahonohai:

I agree with Justwise...please ask the questions openly and I will do my best to answer as much as I can

sure, but most of my questions might tend towards derailing the thread. my enquiries are about accommodation, jobs opportunities, cost of living et al.; none relating to visa enquiries for now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:58am On Mar 13, 2013
Mrbeee:

sure, but most of my questions might tend towards derailing the thread. my enquiries are about accommodation, jobs opportunities, cost of living et al.; none relating to visa enquiries for now.

https://www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by WinnieA: 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2013
I was rejected under 41(i)and (ii)and under section 46! Am I banned or do I still have a chance? Justwise pls!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:48pm On Mar 14, 2013
Winnie A: I was rejected under 41(i)and (ii)and under section 46! Am I banned or do I still have a chance? Justwise pls!

What reason(s) did the ECO give?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by WinnieA: 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2013
That they r satisfy that am going to come back after a short visit becos I didn't list d places I would love to visit and that they r confused why I was given a leave after 20days of employment!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 8:41pm On Mar 15, 2013
^^^^ Wrong thread, you might want to check out the other UK thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/93
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by curioz: 12:07am On Mar 20, 2013
hello justwise I have an important question to ask. I paid in my tution balance and living expenses into my account on the 12th of march can I print out my statement on the 9th of april and apply same day cause my start date is 3rd of may.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by poshal: 3:15am On Mar 20, 2013
@ justwise....thanks for your helpful contribution. please i will like to ask a question as regards my WAEC result, my waec result has been laminated, i want to find out if it will be accepted for my visa procesing. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:41am On Mar 20, 2013
poshal: @ justwise....thanks for your helpful contribution. please i will like to ask a question as regards my WAEC result, my waec result has been laminated, i want to find out if it will be accepted for my visa procesing. thanks

People use that and i'm sure that the embassy is used to Nigerian submitting laminated documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by curioz: 10:57am On Mar 20, 2013
Pls justwise give me an answer to my question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:06am On Mar 20, 2013
curioz: hello justwise I have an important question to ask. I paid in my tution balance and living expenses into my account on the 12th of march can I print out my statement on the 9th of april and apply same day cause my start date is 3rd of may.

You can do that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by curioz: 11:27am On Mar 20, 2013
justwise:

You can do that.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by poshal: 8:24am On Mar 21, 2013
justwise:

People use that and i'm sure that the embassy is used to Nigerian submitting laminated documents.

@justwise......thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:46am On Mar 21, 2013
poshal:

@justwise......thanks a lot

curioz:

Thanks.

No worries
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by know: 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hi Justwise.is it true that d tier 4 visa application process is goin to be online now rather the paper based it has been all dis while.Then,its like the UK is begining to have a rethink and trying to relax their immigration belt gradually.Read on the UKBA website that graduating Ph.D student can now stay after one year after d end of their study.Maybe,d PSW regime may just be on its way back.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2013
know: Hi Justwise.is it true that d tier 4 visa application process is goin to be online now rather the paper based it has been all dis while.Then,its like the UK is begining to have a rethink and trying to relax their immigration belt gradually.Read on the UKBA website that graduating Ph.D student can now stay after one year after d end of their study.Maybe,d PSW regime may just be on its way back.

Yes from next month Ph.D graduates can stay a yr longer but i'm not sure PSW decision will be revised, no idea about tier 4 online application, will have to read up on that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lala001: 2:27am On Mar 22, 2013
@justwise and All... Goodmorning...I am new on nairaland but have been following the thru all this while,nice job u guyz put here.though have some few quesions :I deposited my maintanance money in my account march 15th, can I collected my statement april 11th and apply same day. Doing that because my school resumes april 22 but say they would give me extension for 2weeks which is May 6th. Do you think that space of time could be enough to get my visa considering april is not a peak period for student visa application,can I fast track my application process even if I have to pay more?
And please see below document I would b presenting:
application form,
CAS,
statement of account,
Int.passport,
Passport photo,
documents on CAS,
photocopies.

Then do the bank have to write a back up letter to attach to my personal bank statement for 28dayz?
And lastly I used my HND(nigeria) to apply for a top-up...most schools I applied to did not accept it that according to NARIC it could only allow me start first year, buh the university that gave me a TOP- UP admission used my HND, would that affect my application since naric states its only a foundation to a degree course?

Hope to hear from you guys soonest. Godbless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 9:10am On Mar 22, 2013
lala001: @justwise and All... Goodmorning...I am new on nairaland but have been following the thru all this while,nice job u guyz put here.though have some few quesions :I deposited my maintanance money in my account march 15th, can I collected my statement april 11th and apply same day A: Yes, you can. As long as it's inline with the 28days ritual.. Doing that because my school resumes april 22 but say they would give me extension for 2weeks which is May 6th. Do you think that space of time could be enough to get my visa considering april is not a peak period for student visa application, A: Visa issuance is usually done withing 15 working days except in rare conditions.can I fast track my application process even if I have to pay more? A: To the best of my knowledge, you can't pay more to fast track your 'UK student visa' application.
And please see below document I would b presenting:
application form,
CAS,
statement of account,
Int.passport,
Passport photo,
documents on CAS,
photocopies.
A: Your docs are OK.
Then do the bank have to write a back up letter to attach to my personal bank statement for 28dayz? A: It's not complusory you attach a letter, for instance, some banks don't usually give such letters to savings account holders.
And lastly I used my HND(nigeria) to apply for a top-up...most schools I applied to did not accept it that according to NARIC it could only allow me start first year, buh the university that gave me a TOP- UP admission used my HND, would that affect my application since naric states its only a foundation to a degree course? A: I'm sure you would be fine with the top-up admission, as long as it's from a registered sponsor (Uni).

Hope to hear from you guys soonest. Godbless.

I have directly responded to your questions in between the text (brown font). All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
.......... smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lala001: 8:17am On Mar 23, 2013
@justwise thanks a bunch,vbn helpfull.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:20am On Mar 23, 2013
lala001: @justwise thanks a bunch,vbn helpfull.

FutureDon deserves the credit more than i do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:22am On Mar 23, 2013
teeebabie: hello Mr just wise, pls i have a friend that is in the uk to redo his final year... his visa expires in july and he wants to apply for masters?? the question is how can he go about visa tys.... Does he have to go back to Nigeria to reapply for visa or he can just do it from the uk.. and he will be doing his masters in anoda sch (changing sponsor)

thanks for ur reply

cheers!!!!

If your visa expires more than a month before the start of your next course then you have to return to your home country to re-apply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lala001: 8:30am On Mar 23, 2013
FutureDon:

I have directly responded to your questions in between the text (brown font). All the best.

Thanks futuredon....ur answer was helpfull.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bobbyhenry: 9:17am On Mar 23, 2013
PLEASE WHERE AND HOW CAN I WRITE TOLF ONLINE?

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.