Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865833 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ocheejemb: 10:34am On Jul 20, 2014
Chaze85: My course is for 12mos program do I need to have the 12mos fee plus the 9mos maintenance or 9mos fee plus 9 mos maintenance is acceptable?

Full fees for the year (no such thing as nine months fees, although you may be able to set up a payment plan with your Uni) + 9 months maintenance

Money (ALso KnoWn As MAIntenAnCe oR FUnDs)
Money you will need

43. The money you will need to show must be enough to cover the course fees for your first
period of study or, if you are continuing a course, for the next period of study, and living costs
for up to a maximum of nine months. Your living costs might include payments towards the
costs of your accommodation or purchasing study materials such as books or stationery.
A maximum of £1,020 paid to your sponsor in advance for your accommodation can be
deducted from the amount of maintenance you must show that you have, even if you have
paid more than £1,020 in advance.

45. If you are starting out on a new course, your Tier 4 sponsor must give the fees for the first
year of the course, or for the entire course if the course is less than a year long, on your
CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
spikesC:

1. you can go for the TB test now. the earlier the better as you have to book via phone.

2. Yes

3. No. you must pay 3hours after you book your appointment, else the appointment will be cancelled

4. If the maintenance money is in your personal account, remove the birth certificate, else, swear an affidavit.
But try and get a new birth certificate later for future purposes
Many thanks to you spikesC, you are more than helpful here Gods blessing

One more thing please and don't pick up an offense
I need the link in which I can start my application on line
And moreso do I need to complete the form online once or I can relog in as many times as possible to fill the form at different days
As for the TB test I ll start right away

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hello guys pls I have a question
1. I enter my money in my own account last july 4 when will be my 28days?
2.I entered 18k pounds but the total amount should be 18100 pounds for the total amount am I going to have a problem with that?
3. I'm planning to submit my online application on august 4 but just now I learn that I need tuberculosis test and my start date fir my course is on sept 8 do you think I still can make it through? Thank you guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Pls I paid my skul a deposit of 990pounds plus deposit of 240 pounds for accomodation,is it deducted from my tuition fee and maintenance fund?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Liamm(m): 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
Please help a nairalander.

I want to study and work abroad as an undergraduate but i don't have the necessary capital to back up my plan.... At the moment, i have about 700k in my account but it isn't enough to pay for accomodation and feeding not to talk of tuition...

My question is...

I plan on coming to the uk with this money then get a menial job and work for like 2years in order to save enough to further my education...

What are my chances?

I'd appreciate kind advice. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
bidibudi:
Many thanks to you spikesC, you are more than helpful here Gods blessing

One more thing please and don't pick up an offense
I need the link in which I can start my application on line
And moreso do I need to complete the form online once or I can relog in as many times as possible to fill the form at different days
As for the TB test I ll start right away

visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

Yes, you can log in anytime and start from where you left off
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
Chaze85: Hello guys pls I have a question
2.I entered 18k pounds but the total amount should be 18100 pounds for the total amount am I going to have a problem with that?
3. I'm planning to submit my online application on august 4 but just now I learn that I need tuberculosis test and my start date fir my course is on sept 8 do you think I still can make it through? Thank you guys

1. 4th august, being friday, but print on monday.

2. Yes, you will have a problem. You can pay your school the extra £100 or more so as to offset it from the balance. Remember to ask for a new CAS or a reciept and submit with it, then tell them why in the additional section.

3. Yes, you can. Just book an appointment with the TB test center on the phone and get it done immediately. It takes just 2 days from the day you have an appointment.

Chaze85: Pls I paid my skul a deposit of 990pounds plus deposit of 240 pounds for accomodation,is it deducted from my tuition fee and maintenance fund?

Yes, it is deducted. I.e (Total tuition fees + Maintenance money) - All amount paid = Money you need to show
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
Liamm: Please help a nairalander.

I want to study and work abroad as an undergraduate but i don't have the necessary capital to back up my plan.... At the moment, i have about 700k in my account but it isn't enough to pay for accomodation and feeding not to talk of tuition...

My question is...

I plan on coming to the uk with this money then get a menial job and work for like 2years in order to save enough to further my education...

What are my chances?

I'd appreciate kind advice. Thanks

Pls, kindly post your question here: https://www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
Liamm: Please help a nairalander.
My question is...
What are my chances? I'd appreciate kind advice. Thanks
Sorry but can't be done!
You do not qualify for a working visa (You need to have a job offer first and be sponsored)
You can not work as a visitor (holiday) and without money and ties to home you will not get a visa.
To study you need funds to pay tuition AND living expences first.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Liamm(m): 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
worry359:
Sorry but can't be done!
You do not qualify for a working visa (You need to have a job offer first and be sponsored)
You can not work as a visitor (holiday) and without money and ties to home you will not get a visa.
To study you need funds to pay tuition AND living expences first.
thanks for the clarification

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Chaze85: Pls I paid my skul a deposit of 990pounds plus deposit of 240 pounds for accomodation,is it deducted from my tuition fee and maintenance fund?

Chaze85: Hello guys pls I have a question

Since you have paid £240 for accommodation you will be fine as far as maintenance money is concerned.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jidecole23: 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
good afternoon all. I will like the gurus in the house to shed more light on this; I paid my tuition last year but was refused visa on general ground so I deferred, this year i want to collect my money back as I ve changed my mind. but I am no longer in contact with the person I used her dorm account to make payment (I didn't ve dorm acct at that time). is it possible for d money to be refunded back directly into my own dorm account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 6:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
justwise:

Since you have paid £240 for accommodation you will be fine as far as maintenance money is concerned.

Thank you for ur reply but pls I'm still confuse and having anxiety now cos of this,I paid 990 for tuition fee deposit then 240 for accomodation deposit, last july 4 I enter money for 28days counting 18kpounds after I read all of this mesages question and answer I calculated my own and I just found out I'm sort of 30pounds after I deduct d accomodation and tuition fee deposit.Now my question is am I going to have problem with these when I'm going to apply my visa?are they going to reject me because if 30pounds?thank you pls guru need an advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
Chaze85:

Thank you for ur reply but pls I'm still confuse and having anxiety now cos of this,I paid 990 for tuition fee deposit then 240 for accomodation deposit, last july 4 I enter money for 28days counting 18kpounds after I read all of this mesages question and answer I calculated my own and I just found out I'm sort of 30pounds after I deduct d accomodation and tuition fee deposit.Now my question is am I going to have problem with these when I'm going to apply my visa?are they going to reject me because if 30pounds?thank you pls guru need an advice

How much is your total school fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
jidecole23: good afternoon all. I will like the gurus in the house to shed more light on this; I paid my tuition last year but was refused visa on general ground so I deferred, this year i want to collect my money back as I ve changed my mind. but I am no longer in contact with the person I used her dorm account to make payment (I didn't ve dorm acct at that time). is it possible for d money to be refunded back directly into my own dorm account?
@jidecole23 pls pardon my been inquisitive wat is the general ground you were rejected.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
bidibudi:
@jidecole23 pls pardon my been inquisitive wat is the general ground you were rejected.

Contact your school first about this, they may allow you to use alternative bank account to receive the money
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
jidecole23: good afternoon all. I will like the gurus in the house to shed more light on this; I paid my tuition last year but was refused visa on general ground so I deferred, this year i want to collect my money back as I ve changed my mind. but I am no longer in contact with the person I used her dorm account to make payment (I didn't ve dorm acct at that time). is it possible for d money to be refunded back directly into my own dorm account?

tell the school that the dorm account is no longer functional and tell them u'll have to open another dorm account. The normal policy is that the amount must go back to the country of origin and sometimes to an account with the same name of origin.
Though they can allow an account with the applicants name. Just talk with them first
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 7:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
spikesC:

tell the school that the dorm account is no longer functional and tell them u'll have to open another dorm account. The normal policy is that the amount must go back to the country of origin and sometimes to an account with the same name of origin.
Though they can allow an account with the applicants name. Just talk with them first

I don't understand your advice?I already paid d deposit if 990 for tuition and 240 for accomodation before I lodge money to the bank for 28days,so now ny problem is I'm sort of 30pounds in my bank statement after all d deduction I made for tutition and accomodation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
justwise:

How much is your total school fees?

and where's the school located? inner or outside london?
how many months is the course duration?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
Chaze85:

I don't understand your advice?I already paid d deposit if 990 for tuition and 240 for accomodation before I lodge money to the bank for 28days,so now ny problem is I'm sort of 30pounds in my bank statement after all d deduction I made for tutition and accomodation

the post wasnt meant for you, it has been updated.
answer the questions above so we can give you accurate advise as ur calculation seems to be ambiguous
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
spikesC:

the post wasnt meant for you, it has been updated.
answer the questions above so we can give you accurate advise as ur calculation seems to be ambiguous

My tuition fee is 12090 pounds and I paid 990pounds out of it for my deposit then I paid 240 pounds deposit for accomodation my maintenance fee is 7320 for outside london,now my problem is I deposited 5million naira to my account now after reading all ur question and answer I try to calculate my money to pounds and I lack 30pounds,will I be refuse of visa because of 30pounds?is my calculation correct or wrong?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jidecole23: 7:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
spikesC:

Thank you. I will do that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
Chaze85:

My tuition fee is 12090 pounds and I paid 990pounds out of it for my deposit then I paid 240 pounds deposit for accomodation my maintenance fee is 7320 for outside london,now my problem is I deposited 5million naira to my account now after reading all ur question and answer I try to calculate my money to pounds and I lack 30pounds,will I be refuse of visa because of 30pounds?is my calculation correct or wrong?

Is the 5m for maintenance money and remaining school fees? When did you deposited the money?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
justwise:

Is the 5m for maintenance money and remaining school fees? When did you deposited the money?

Yes 5m for maintenance and remaining skul fees excluding the money I deposit for accomodation and for CAS,I deposited d money on july 4 to start counting and last friday I deposited 40k so now the total is 5m and 40k naira
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
Chaze85:

Yes 5m for maintenance and remaining skul fees excluding the money I deposit for accomodation and for CAS,I deposited d money on july 4 to start counting and last friday I deposited 40k so now the total is 5m and 40k naira

My skul is in QMU and they told me maintenance is 7380,from july 1 and it's 1yr program
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
Chaze85:

You have enough money, convert 5m to £ and see how much it comes out to. £7380 (maintenance) + remaining school fees - £240
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
Chaze85:

My skul is in QMU and dey told me starting from july 1 maintenance fee is 7380 and it's a 1yr program
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
justwise:

You have enough money, convert 5m to £ and see how much it comes out to. £7380 (maintenance) + remaining school fees - £240

When I compute it's 18k pounds but when I calculated the maintenance 7380 plus the remaining skul fees it always end up I lack around 30pounds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
It's more than 5m wen I compute it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
Chaze85:

When I compute it's 18k pounds but when I calculated the maintenance 7380 plus the remaining skul fees it always end up I lack around 30pounds

You are not getting it.... how is your remaining school fees? Add that to £7380 and tell me how much it come up to
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
Pls my last question or clarification I hope the gurus are not annoyed my tution fee is 12090pounds and I paid 990 for deposit,my maintenance is 7380pounds for outside UK and I pay 240 for accomodation after that I deposited 5m naira to my savings bank fir the counting of 28days last july 4,last friday I deposited again 40k naira now making 5m and 40k pls can u help me with the calculation f I can pass the maintenance fund for UK,is my maintenance fund ok?or I will have problem?I hope my question is clearer now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
justwise:

You are not getting it.... how is your remaining school fees? Add that to £7380 and tell me how much it come up to

My school fees is 12090 I deposited 990 so making 11100pounds maintenance is 7380 I deposited 240 so making 7140pounds so d total is 18240pounds equivalent of 5m and 57knaira

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.